Avian Roleplay

in Roleplaying

How long would a wingspan have to be to lift a human off the ground? (Multiple answers allowed.)

1,327 posts

bgunny • 30 July 2020 at 8:46 PM

Lana laughs a little when Mikka calls Hunter Leading, but covers it up by coughing. She followed behind Elias, wondering how far away this trail was. She was used to walking far distances, so she knew she was going to be fine. She just wondered if they would choose to leave her once she told them all she could do was walk.

The girl thinks about it for just a moment. Her choices were to leave the seemingly nice people and try to find her way somewhere in the spooky forest all by herself or go with them and know at least she wasn't alone. She nods. "I want to."

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 31 July 2020 at 12:50 PM

(uh I forgot, what was Mikka's power again?)
Raina smiles, "Alright. We should start walking." She heads toward the cave.

Elias stifles a groan again. He pauses once in a while to fly up to check if they were going the right way. Flying would be so much faster.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 31 July 2020 at 1:15 PM

(She can drive people crazy, but I think I'm gonna change it to something else.)

Jaela walks towards the cave, glancing back at the little girl once in a while.

Ralem smiles slightly. "Okay then." He says. He starts walking slowly to the cave. "What's your name?" He asks her after a moment.

Mikka grins and practically bounces as she walks.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 31 July 2020 at 1:26 PM

Lana can't help but watch when Hunter flies. She had loved to fly when she could. Now, she had almost forgotten how it felt. She looks for Sirin and changes her pace to match his. "Are you feeling okay?" she asks quietly.

The girl follows them to wherever they were going. Had they said it was a cave? She shrugs when the kind avian asks her name. "I don't know." She didn't know her name, and she didn't know if she had ever been given a name. Did that mean her name was Nameless?

1,467 posts

robinn • 31 July 2020 at 2:50 PM

"I'm doing better," Sirin smiles, "My wings just feel a little stiff now."

Lyon watches the girl from behind. There was a lot she wasn't telling, she didn't even know her name. He couldn't help but feel slightly suspicious of her.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 1 August 2020 at 12:25 AM

Ralem tilted his head just a little. "With an owie like that it makes sense that you don't remember. Your memories just decided to go 'poof' and go away for a little bit. Don't worry, you might get them back later." He smiled at her. She was so cute... And she was so little. He trusted her not to do anything crazy. "Is there anything you would like us to call you until then?"

Mikka walked forwards until she was walking beside Sirin. "Oof, stiff wings aren't fun at all." She agreed. "Well they better get better soon."

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 3 August 2020 at 1:12 PM

(omg lol Mikka is certainly driving Elias crazy)
Elias nods in agreement. "Walking is much slower than flying," he says. Surprisingly, Mikka seemed a bit less annoying.

"I bet you have a cute name," Raina says, "I'm sure you'll remember later. Do you prefer any name in particular?"

1,327 posts

bgunny • 3 August 2020 at 1:52 PM

"That's good to hear," Lana says to Sirin. She looks over at Hunter and then Mikka when they chime in. She looks down at the ground a little uncomfortably. She didn't want to slow them down. They'd probably have to split paths when Sirin was better.

The girl wasn't sure about what he said. Her memories seemed gone forever, but that was easy for her to say. She had no memories of having memories. They might come back. She wasn't sure. She looks up at him when he asks about something to call her and then over at the other avian when she asks the same. She shrugs again. "I don't know." She was starting to hate that phrase. "I don't know what I can be called." She really couldn't bring up any names other than Nameless or Girl.

1,467 posts

robinn • 3 August 2020 at 5:21 PM

Sirin looks back at Elias. "You don't have to complain about everything, you know."

"Should we just give her a name for now?" Lyon suggests, seeing as this conversation wasn't going anywhere.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 3 August 2020 at 7:46 PM

"Yeah, if you're fine with that," Raina says to the girl, "I was thinking maybe Elsie or Ines. I mean, both of those names have to do with God or holiness, and you look kind of like an angel."

Elias stares at Sirin, "I kind of do. Someone's got to not be sickeningly cheerful here."

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 4 August 2020 at 11:13 AM

"I was thinking Penny. You look like you could be a Penny." Ralem says. "Elsie is a good name too." He smiles a little at the girl.

Jaela nods. "Yeah. Those are good names."

"Aww but sickeningly cheerful is so FUN." Mikka piped up. "You should try it."

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 5 August 2020 at 7:50 PM

"Do you have any ideas?" Raina asks the girl.

"I'd rather not," Elias said. He picks up his pace. Maybe when they got there, Mikka would leave.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 7 August 2020 at 10:07 PM

"There should be a balance," Lana says. She walks faster to keep up. "Being sickeningly cheerful could get you killed, but being a grouch could drive everyone away."

The girls blinks and looks at the avian with black wings when she asks if she has any ideas. "Elsie, Ines, Penny," she whispers with a pause in between each one to get a feel for it. "I get to pick?" She felt a little stupid for asking. Of course she got to pick what they called her. It only made sense... right? "I like Ines."

(I was going to go with Elsie, but then realized it's really close to Elias.)

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 8 August 2020 at 9:32 AM

Mikka tilts her head. "So I will keep his grouchy in check and he'll keep my cheerful in check?" She asked for clarification.

Ralem smiles. "Ines is a good name." He says to her.

"Nice to meet you, Ines." Jaela says with a grin.

(Oof, true.)

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 8 August 2020 at 6:00 PM

(Elias do be grouchy)
Elias rolls his eyes. "Fine, okay, let's just go." The sooner they got there, the sooner he could leave.

"Yeah, it's really pretty," Raina agrees with Ralem, "Welcome to the flock Ines!"

1,467 posts

robinn • 16 August 2020 at 11:24 AM

"Of course, after you." Sirin says to Elias with a mock bow.

"Welcome, I guess." Lyon mumbles.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 17 August 2020 at 11:29 AM

"That's fair." Mikka said happily. She walked with them.

"What they said." Jaela replies with a smile.

Ralem looked up at them, then back down at Ines. He was glad they had welcomed her.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 17 August 2020 at 5:19 PM

Elias rolls his eyes and ignores Sirin. He flies up again, they were pretty close to the site. "We're almost there."

Raina smiles at Ines. It was nice to have a new flock member. Though she still worried about Lyon and his possible connection with Malen and Lark..her old flock members.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 18 August 2020 at 10:15 PM

Lana continues to walk, speeding up a bit when Hunter said they were almost there. She couldn't help but notice the chemistry in their group didn't seem very good. But that was okay, they had just formed. Maybe they would tolerate each other better once they got to know each other better. She hoped. She didn't like arguing.

Ines smiled, pleased but a little bashful, when they all welcomed her and told her she had a nice name. She thought it felt really nice to be welcomed into the group. "Thank you." She quieted for a moment and then realized she didn't know any of their names. "Do you have names?"

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 19 August 2020 at 8:18 PM

"Oh sorry," Raina gasps, "I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Raina, nice to meet you."

Elias pushes a leaf branch away and walks into the clearing. He spots the golden feather he discovered earlier. "Here's one of them," he calls.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 20 August 2020 at 12:57 PM

"That's an important thing to know, yes." Ralem says awkwardly. "I'm Ralem." He smiles a little bit at Ines.

Jaela raises a hand. "I'm Jaela Malan and as much as I look it I don't bite." She says with a grin.

Mikka looks at the feather. "Why are you looking for feathers?" She asks curiously.

1,467 posts

robinn • 20 August 2020 at 2:52 PM

Lyon glances at Jaela. He had never heard her full name before. He turns toward Ines. "I'm Lyon."

"Very shiny." Sirin says. "I've never seen an avian feather like that before."

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 21 August 2020 at 1:27 PM

"We're tracking them," Elias responds without looking at Mikka. "Yeah, being shiny makes them easier to track."

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 24 August 2020 at 10:49 AM

Mikka watched light glint off of the feather. "Tracking. That sounds interesting!" She says brightly.

Ralem looks at the others again. "So do you guys want to go inside the cave now?" He asked.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 24 August 2020 at 1:01 PM

"Believe me, it isn't fun," Elias turns the feather over, "It's pretty tiring." He spots another feather further along. "They went this way," he points in the direction.

1,467 posts

robinn • 1 September 2020 at 9:11 AM

"So, how long have you been doing this?" Sirin asks Elias.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 1 September 2020 at 9:15 AM

Ines whispers all their names to herself so she wouldn't forget them. She peeks inside the cave, curiously, when Ralem mentions it.

Lana continued to follow them. She had never been taught how to track, so she knew the best she could offer here was stay quiet so they could focus. She did try to keep an eye out for more feathers.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 2 September 2020 at 11:00 AM

Mikka doesn't say anything for once. Why were they tracking avians? Something told her it wasn't just to make friends. She followed them.

Jaela smiled slightly at Ralem. "Yep." She walked into the cave.

Ralem looks at Ines. "You can come too if you want. I mean it's literally right thereā€¦ so you can." He said.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 2 September 2020 at 2:05 PM

Almost all my life, Elias thinks. "A few years now," he lies to Sirin, "Maybe around 3 years now."

Raina follows her flock into the cave. "Yeah! Come into the cave!" she says to Ines once she's inside.

Female
169 posts

nightslayer300 • 2 September 2020 at 2:15 PM

Name: Lazuli
Appearance: Short bushy hair that changes color occasionally, deep brown eyes with flecks of green, and a long slender body
Appearance of wings: Bug wings/Fairy wings
History: N/A
Personality: Mischievous, Playful, Sneaky, Easily made jealous, Careless, Impulsive, Stubborn, Kinda slefish
Power: The ability to transform into a shadow
Weakness: Very easily distracted
Other: Bisexual

@wingedfox