Avian Roleplay

in Roleplaying

How long would a wingspan have to be to lift a human off the ground? (Multiple answers allowed.)

1,467 posts

robinn • 3 September 2020 at 4:55 PM

Lyon follows the others into the cave. He felt exhausted now. Too much has happened today. First there was the fight with Jaela, then Raina finds out about his ability, now this mysterious kid shows up. He just wanted a break at this point.

Sirin spots a black feather on the ground. He recognizes it immediately and picks it up. "Is this one of them?" He asks Elias.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 4 September 2020 at 11:21 AM

(I think I'm going to change Mikka's driving-people-insane power to an emotional manipulation power.)

(@nightslayer300 Accepted!)

Mikka looks at the feather. "I have an idea of whose feathers you might be following!" She pipes up. "A giant bumblebee with feathers."

Ralem yawns and looks outside. It was starting to get dark… He smiled a little and looked back at the flock. They'd been through a lot, and their group was slowly growing too. He glanced at Ines and smiled at her.

Jaela walked to the back of the cave and sat down against the wall. She wrapped her gold wings around her and looked at the others.

Female
169 posts

nightslayer300 • 4 September 2020 at 11:22 AM

@wingedfox Can we RP?

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 4 September 2020 at 3:27 PM

Elias facepalms in exasperation, "Bumblebee's don't have feathers." He sighs dramatically and takes the feather from Sirin, observing it closely. "Yeah, I'm pretty sure this is one of theirs. It looks different from a normal raven feather. Did any of you find any others?"

Raina sneaks a look at Lyon. He looked a tired, an emotion that Raina could relate to. She still couldn't believe he had been hiding such a big secret from them. What if Lyon had used his ability on her before? Could she really trust him? Raina shakes her head to clear her thoughts. She had to trust in her friend. They had been through so much together. She turns to the others, "Should we take shifts? Or do you think we are safe from the humans here?"

1,467 posts

robinn • 4 September 2020 at 5:11 PM

"Nope, this was the only one I found," Sirin replies, "and I think you're too quick to dismiss the bumblebee idea."

"Shifts wouldn't be bad, but I was thinking some of us should get some food first." Lyon says. "She might be hungry," he gestures to Ines.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 5 September 2020 at 10:44 PM

"And I think you avians are to quick to come up with stupid ideas," Elias shot back. He looks around the clearing, "Yeah, that seems to be all of the feathers."

"Good idea," Raina agrees, "I think I saw some berries earlier. Does anyone want to pick them with me?"

1,327 posts

bgunny • 5 September 2020 at 10:57 PM

Lana hid a smile when Mikka suggested that the feathers could belong to a bumblebee. "So, what do we do now?" she asks, when Hunter says they had found all the feathers.

Ines walks inside the cave and explores the area, making sure to stay close to the other avians. Her stomach rumbles when Lyon mentions food. She nods at him. She couldn't remember when she last ate. She couldn't remember eating at all. She drops a rock she'd been inspecting and races over to Raina when she asks if anyone wanted to pick them with her. "I want to." Her voice was soft and quiet, but enthusiasm could clearly be heard.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 6 September 2020 at 1:15 PM

"We follow the trail," Elias points in the direction that the feathers led. "If we follow that, it will lead us to the avians." And then I'll get my bounty, he adds inside his head.

"Great!" Raina smiles at Ines. "We can go berry picking together! It'll be so fun!" She inspects Ines for any left over injuries, "Do you think you can fly?"

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 9 September 2020 at 3:18 PM

@nightslayer300 (Sure)

"Shifts aren't a bad idea. If you're all falling asleep, I volunteer to go first while they get food. By the way thanks you guys." She says, watching the others from her position.

Ralem watches them, "Can I come too?" He asks, walking over to Raina and Ines. He was pretty sure he had seen a berry bush somewhere back there. He wouldn't admit it, but he didn't want them to go alone. neither of them were very... Intimidating if it came to a scuffle. Granted, neither was he. I look like a feathery ice cream cone... He thought to himself.

Mikka grins. "Sweet! Then let's go! Plus, who says it isn't a giant bumblebee? And who says bumblebees aren't just covered in itty bitty feathers and this one grew huge and is shedding feathers all over the place and..." She continue talking, mostly to herself as she walked in the direction the feathers pointed.

Female
169 posts

nightslayer300 • 9 September 2020 at 4:52 PM

(So... Can I join in this one or can you fill me in what's happening?) @wingedfox

1,467 posts

robinn • 9 September 2020 at 7:11 PM

"You make a good point," Sirin nods along to Mikka's theory. He couldn't help but grin when he sees how annoyed Elias was getting with them.

Lyon shoots Ralem a look after he says he wants to go as well. Don't leave me alone with Jaela! He would go along too, but then Jaela would be left alone, which wasn't the best idea. But being left alone with her...Lyon starts to fear for his life.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 9 September 2020 at 7:36 PM

(awwww feathery ice cream cone dawwwww so cute)
(Raina: I'm super scary! When I go rawr everyone's so scared they start laughing!)
(yeah I think you can join)

"Just..please shut up," Elias groans. He felt the remainder of his sanity slowly slipping away from his grasp. "Bumblebee's don't have feathers. Have you ever seen one?"

"Sure!" Raina smiles at Ralem. It'd be nice to have his company. "The more the merrier." She glances at Jaela and Lyon. She still wasn't sure that they would be okay just the two of them. They kept butting heads. Raina sighs internally. She just wanted her OTP to get together!
(lol otp)

1,327 posts

bgunny • 9 September 2020 at 8:19 PM

Lana laughs when Mikka continues to talk about the bumblebee. "So, a mutated bumble bee then," she says. "That's possible."

Ines smiles back at Raina and then Ralem when he said he wanted to go. She looks at her wings when asked about them. She flutters them slowly. She frowns slightly when she realizes she has no idea what she's doing. "I don't know how." Had she ever been taught before? She thought she might have remembered how it felt to be in the sky, but she didn't remember flying herself.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 9 September 2020 at 8:41 PM

Elias glares at both Lana and Mikka, "Don't encourage her. Just talking to her makes me loose brain cells." He continues to track the trail.

Raina tries to hide her surprise, she had learned flying when she was young by trial and error. She almost couldn't remember a time where she couldn't fly. She only had muddled memories of learning how to fly, and receiving many injuries for her efforts. "Uhh, do any of you guys have any experience in teaching?"

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 17 September 2020 at 4:55 PM

(😃)
(You can join! @nightslayer300)

Jaela blinks at Ralem, a little miffed when he says he wanted to go. Traitor. She thinks. She looks at Lyon, who seemed a little uncomfortable about it. She grins at that. Lyon rarely seemed uncomfortable. "You can go with them if you want, Angel boy. Just don't get berry juice all over your white clothes. last I checked it doesn't come out." She says to him. She looks at Raina when she asks about teaching. "I'm a horrible teacher." She says.

Ralem feels Jaela and Lyon's glares on him as he says he wants to go. He keeps watching Ines and Raina, trying not to give the others the satisfaction of knowing he was a little freaked out at their stares.

Mikka turns on her heel and grins at them. "See?" She says pointedly to Elias. "It's a good idea! And yes I have seem bumblebees. They're fluffy and the cutest things ever and i am sure you're the one who hasn't seen them if you're brushing off the tiny feather theory because WHO KNOWS they could just be feathers. And I wouldn't put it past the humans to mutate a huge bumblebee to do something or other because they want to because reasons." She goes on.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 17 September 2020 at 9:03 PM

Elias tunes out Mikka's rant after a while. "You done now?" he asks, annoyance clear in his voice. He knew he should have come here alone.

Raina watches Lyon and Jaela awkwardly. At least Jaela seemed comfortable cracking jokes now, even if it was at Lyon's expense. "Uh..alright. It might not be good to just leave you here alone though," she says to Jaela. She looks to Ralem for help with the situation. "Oh, and since you don't have enough time to learn flying just now," she says to Ines, "are you fine with walking?"

1,467 posts

robinn • 17 September 2020 at 10:51 PM

"I'll stay," Lyon says. It took all his effort to say that without groaning. "Like Raina said, it's probably best not to leave you alone." He begins mentally preparing himself for the worst.

Sirin snickers at Elias's annoyance. "She is right though. Humans do some pretty crazy things."

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 18 September 2020 at 2:01 PM

Mikka nodded. "Yup now I'm done." She says happily. She slows so she was walking next to Lana. "I probably already asked this or something but is he always this grouchy?" She asks her.

Jaela's wings droop dramatically. "Aww." She stops short at a thought. "Wait, does this mean I'm going to be stuck with him?" She looks at Lyon. She already knew the answer but it almost felt better to voice it. "Crap."

Ralem nodded a bit. "Yes, but you two will be fine as long as you don't shoot each other or punch each other." He looked at Lyon for the shooting part and Jaela at the punching part. "

Female
169 posts

nightslayer300 • 18 September 2020 at 2:07 PM

(@wingedfox Could you explain what's going on?)

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 18 September 2020 at 5:41 PM

(Yes, sorry. There's not a lot right now, but Elias, Sirin, Mikka and Lana are going avian hunting and they just found a gold and black feather from Raina and Jaela.
Lyon, Jaela, Ines, Ralem and Raina are in a cave and all but Jaela and Lyon are going for a foraging trip.)

1,467 posts

robinn • 18 September 2020 at 9:33 PM

Lyon glares at Jaela. "I'm glad to see your just as thrilled as I am." He says sarcastically.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 18 September 2020 at 9:45 PM

"Oh yeah. I'm overjoyed." Jaela says to Lyon with a smirk. "You're not?"

1,467 posts

robinn • 18 September 2020 at 11:10 PM

Lyon forces a smile. "Now where would you get that idea?" He asks through gritted teeth.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 18 September 2020 at 11:14 PM

"I have no idea." Jaela says sarcastically.

Ralem blinks at them. "Hey, do you guys want to start walking now?" He asks Ines and Raina.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 19 September 2020 at 7:25 PM

"Well, I just met him a few hours ago, so I can't really say," Lana replies. She thinks about it for a moment. "We did have a nice conversation earlier." She smiles mischievously. "But, yeah, I'm going to say he's a grouch."

Ines grew a bit nervous when she noticed the tension. Were they upset because of her? No, they seemed upset at each other. It still made her nervous. She inches a bit closer to Ralem, unconsciously reaching for his hand. She nods when he asks about walking.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 19 September 2020 at 9:11 PM

"You all are crazy," Elias grumbles. He had grumbled so many times on this trip, he had lost count. He probably sounded like a grumpy old man, but at this point, he didn't care.

Raina nervously watches Jaela and Lyon. "Are you sure this is the best idea?" she whispers to Ralem skeptically. "This doesn't look good."

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 20 September 2020 at 12:09 AM

Mikka giggles. "Yes he is!" She agrees.

Ralem looks at Ines, as he feels a small hand touching his. He gently takes her hand. He smiles warmly at her, then looks at Raina as she talks. "Yeah, they'll be okay. I'm not worried about them." He whispers back. "Come on..." He starts walking slowly out of the cave.

1,467 posts

robinn • 20 September 2020 at 10:06 AM

"Have fun," Lyon calls after them, because I won't. He looks back at Jaela and thinks of a way to escape this situation. "I'm going to get some firewood."

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 21 September 2020 at 5:56 PM

Jaela smirks and folds her arms. "Didn't you guys literally just say it was a bad idea to leave me alone?" She asks.

1,467 posts

robinn • 21 September 2020 at 6:25 PM

"I'm not going far, just out of the cave." Lyon says. "What, are you afraid to be left all alone in the cave?" He asks in mocking voice.