Lutrumn - Fall Creature Suggestion

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 16 August 2019 at 11:20 AM

It’s been a while since the last creature suggestion I’ve made xD I want to see more otters around the site, since they’re so cute, so I proudly present to you... the Lutrumn! 😃

Image:

https://imgur.com/gallery/GRTK4Nf

I didn’t color in the Lutrumn themselves since (if it gets chosen lol) I want the artists to be creative with the design ^^ but I do want it to stay fairly simple as well 😊 (and the thing on the egg is the nose if you can’t tell xD)

Egg Description:

When Lutrumn eggs are first laid, they need to be placed in a bed of fallen leaves. If the egg isn’t surrounded by a thick layer of dead leaves for over a few hours, it will die. The SARC isn’t exactly sure why that is, although they’ve discovered a special connection between fallen leaves and Lutrumns. Most believe that Lutrumn eggs are somehow able to absorb energy from dead leaves. Many tests have been ran on Lutrumn eggs, each one paired with strange, inexplainable results. They can float when placed on water, fresh leaves won’t help them hatch, and almost any exposure to extreme coldness will kill the egg.

Creature Description:

Lutrumns are most commonly seen in the city in the fall. Most are playful and friendly towards humans, making them what would seem like a great pet. But to take care of a Lutrumn comes great responsibility; if the owner isn’t careful enough, they may find their Lutrumn in a critical condition. They tend to bring dead leaves with them everywhere and are very curious, which usually leads to a big mess in the owner’s house. And they only like to eat clams, mussels, and seaweed, which is hard to prepare and leaves the household smelling like rotten seafood most of the time.
Wild Lutrumns like to live in forests for most of the year where they hunt snails and frogs, although in the fall they will migrate to the closest body of saltwater. Here, they play in the water and hunt for small fish. The most amazing part is that when they hold a fallen leave in their mouth while swimming, they can breathe up to twice as long underwater as a normal otter could. Scientists believe that they can harness the oxygen created by the leaf from the leave when it was alive and use it to lengthen the duration of their underwater hunting expeditions.

Pings: (sorry)
@prairie
@mastergemma
@dcmaster
@skyfall4
@arcana

1,478 posts

arcana • 16 August 2019 at 11:31 AM

@wigglytuff
It's so cute! I'd love to see this made!

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 16 August 2019 at 11:52 AM

@arcana thank you ;-;

Female
2,153 posts

prairie • 16 August 2019 at 11:53 AM

@wigglytuff
Verry cute!! 😃 I really love the first stage's pose. ❤️

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 16 August 2019 at 12:22 PM

@prairie thank you! x3

Pings: (sorry)
@qerrats
@wild_wonders
@espoir

Female
516 posts

qerrats • 16 August 2019 at 12:25 PM

@wigglytuff Awww, adorbs! Hahaha, I know you said you left it white so that EC can color it in, but I love how much that dark red contrasts with the red! xD

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 16 August 2019 at 12:27 PM

@qerrats aww thanks! 😊

@mastergemma
@cleokitty
@stevepat2002

55 posts

nightgale • 16 August 2019 at 1:01 PM

I love it ❤️ I'd so love to see this in game, I need all of the stages! Otters are one of my faves and you made him look so adorable ❤️

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 16 August 2019 at 1:17 PM

@nightgale thank you so much, that means a lot to me ❤️

Deleted • 16 August 2019 at 5:47 PM

@wigglytuff omg it so cute I want one

Trans Male
905 posts

cleokitty • 16 August 2019 at 6:49 PM

@wigglytuff
wow!!! Thats so cute! I Love otter creatures and im so glad to see an otter suggestion! ❤️ goodluck!!

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 16 August 2019 at 8:31 PM

@iluvunicorns @cleokitty thank you so much!❤️

Deleted • 16 August 2019 at 8:33 PM

@wigglytuff ❤️

Female
1,242 posts

senkou • 16 August 2019 at 9:29 PM

@wigglytuff
aw i must say i really do love this suggestion! its cute lil eyes are so... *squeeee!!* 😸
i hope this gets made, i can picture it being a distant relative to oscoa (like an otter for each season, Oscoa : winter, Lutrumn: autumn, etc). ❤️ best of luck!

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 16 August 2019 at 9:54 PM

@wild_wonders thank you so much! I thought I ruined the eyes lol

Wait, the oscoa's an otter? xD I always thought they were cats lol 😋 I mean one of my other friends thinks it's an otter but then I told her I thought it was a cat and she changed her mind lol

But anyway, thanks ❤️

Female
1,242 posts

senkou • 16 August 2019 at 10:11 PM

@wigglytuff
oh really? bahaha no i'm pretty sure its an otter cos it says the egg smells like oysters and it lives in the sea plus it does look like one... 😋 but yeah np!

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 16 August 2019 at 10:41 PM

@wild_wonders yeah if I just read the description I'd definitely think it was an otter, but imo it looks kinda like a cat 😋

84 posts

quinoafuntime • 14 May 2022 at 4:04 PM

@wigglytuff

Very cute 😋 I love the color gradient of the leaves.

Female
2,040 posts

cranberrycat1 • 14 May 2022 at 5:34 PM

@wigglytuff

it is so cute maybe the artist' would make the otter/Lutrumn a light orange/sand color (just a suggestion), it is so adorable i would really want one in my cove

141 posts

stormwarden • 14 May 2022 at 7:52 PM

omg this is soo cute! it kinda gives me ferret/ermine vibes too!

Female
97 posts

amberwater • 16 May 2022 at 4:57 AM

Ooohh I love this! Hope it gets made ^^

Gender Nonconforming
211 posts

dibabeebees • 12 August 2023 at 4:02 AM

Yes, just yes.

74 posts

spaceistheplace • 12 August 2023 at 8:57 AM

very cute 😊

84 posts

quinoafuntime • 12 August 2023 at 11:39 AM

i love this design! 😃

Female
1,080 posts

musical_slytherclaw • 12 August 2023 at 1:35 PM

I miss you wiggly ❤️
the design is adorable, even though it was suggested a while ago I'd still love to see this for fall 😊