The Tortell - SUCCESS!

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Do you like it?

Female
1,507 posts

froot • 3 November 2019 at 5:43 AM

The Tortell
I was watching a video of some lady throwing a poor tortoise into the sea, thinking it was a turtle (please don’t do that) and I thought, Eggcave’s got way too little turtle/tortoise creatures… So here’s a suggestion for one! Also I designed this to be a tinie - the small ones like the blobbart/puffup/keras etc. Hope you like it!! ❤️

Link to art: https://www.deviantart.com/shadowfaxe821/art/Tortell-819031748?ga_submit_new=10%3A1572771486

About Tortell Eggs
Every egg is laid with exactly 150 dots of different colours, which stand for the 150 days till the egg hatches. Each dot fades which each day, and once no dots are left, the Tortell emerges from its shell.

About the Tortell Creature
Tortell are very slow creatures. They take almost half a year to hatch, another half a year to get out from its shell, and many more years to reach its full size. Tortells live for at least 500 years, and the oldest recorded Tortell lived up to 2438 years. They live for a long time because each Tortell can only mate five times throughout its life, about two of those five times unsuccessfully.

Tortells hard shells are very brightly coloured. No two Tortell shells have the same shade of colour.
Legends say that the world was once black and white, until a pair of mysteriously vibrant eggs appeared in the depths of the Cave. They were the ancestors of all with colour, even humans. Soltores are direct descendants of Tortells, sharing similar characteristics. Tortells are therefore highly respected.

FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED 😃

Female
1,930 posts

chaotictreat • 3 November 2019 at 6:00 AM

😱 😱 😱
It's so cute!! And super colourful!! And the little story in the description is so cool!!
I love it!!!!!

...lots of exclamation marks ^^;

Deleted • 3 November 2019 at 6:02 AM

@shadowfaxe
Egg Stage: Okay.. .
Child Stage: Cute.
Teen Stage: ADORABLE!
Adult Stage: asdfghjk WHAT HAPPENED TO THE NECK!!!!

Actually I would rather the turtle body not the shell be brightly colored. That way, you can say I am colorful on the inside and not only the outside. By which the shell can be taken off like clothes. 😋 But, NICE suggestion!

Female
1,507 posts

froot • 3 November 2019 at 7:03 AM

@chaotictreat Thanks! ^^

@playermocha345 LOL yeah I kinda tried to make it look.. erm... old? Also yeah, I agree... but it's easier to colour the shell heheh 😋 Thank you so much for the feedback!

Female
216 posts

wildirishrubyrose • 3 November 2019 at 12:23 PM

@shadowfaxe It's cute!!!! There are a couple of issues/typos I have with the description but other than that, I really like it! While I don't care ALL that much for turtles in general, I agree that there aren't a whole lot of turtle species on Egg Cave. Overall, I think it's a great idea!!!

Female
1,143 posts

valorieviolet • 3 November 2019 at 1:52 PM

@shadowfaxe

Oh, wow! This is so cool! The Tortell's shell reminds me almost of stained glass 😸 I only know of two turtle/tortoise creatures here on Egg Cave, so I agree that we could use another one 😊

Female
1,507 posts

froot • 4 November 2019 at 4:38 AM

@wildirishrubyrose @valorie100 Thank you ❤️ D'you know anyone else who might be interested in this?

Female
216 posts

wildirishrubyrose • 4 November 2019 at 1:38 PM

@shadowfaxe Sorry, I really have no idea. I can ping Sky and Iffy though!
@ifi123
@skyfall4

Edit: One other thing. (I just looked at the drawing/picture again.) The baby stage DOES look fairly similar to the Kelpa's baby stage. Also, in the drawing, it says that the images are to scale, but the adult stage is quite a bit bigger than any of the creatures on here. I don't know if that's just the image size or what, but considering that you'd mentioned wanting this to be a tiny creature, I thought that might be some important feedback.

Female
250 posts

ifi123 • 4 November 2019 at 1:58 PM

@shadowfaxe

I agree that that there aren't enough turtles or tortoises on here! I love your suggestion! One of the details I really like is how the Tortell's dark skin contrasts nicely with its vibrant shell 😊

Female
1,507 posts

froot • 5 November 2019 at 5:33 AM

@wildirishrubyrose Ah oops, I didn't know that the Kelpa baby stage looked like that as well... hmmmmm... Oh and for the scale, I meant the scale not the actual size haha, good point though, honestly I don't mind how big or small it is, as long as the baby and teen stage are tinies. Like, the approximate size of, say, a Puffup. 😋

@ifi123 Thank you! Glad you like it!

A few more pings:
@stevepat2002
@chaotictreat
@thedarkarcher
@valorie100
@iia
@pouncessoftly
@dcmaster
@surutsu
@budgie
@jello
@prairie
@wild_wonders

Female
1,930 posts

chaotictreat • 5 November 2019 at 6:05 AM

@shadowfaxe I actually already gave feedback but thanks for the ping anyway haha 😊

Male
2,235 posts

beta • 5 November 2019 at 6:27 AM

@shadowfaxe it looks amazing!!! And tasty... can I eat it? LOL. But seriously, its somethingn I would buy.

Female
1,930 posts

chaotictreat • 5 November 2019 at 6:30 AM

@stevepat2002 EAT IT??? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Edit: hehe sorry it's past midnight here so I'm a little loopy 😋

Female
1,507 posts

froot • 5 November 2019 at 6:46 AM

@chaotictreat Oh yeah oops heheee sorry

@stevepat2002 Thanks...? And hew naww dun eet dat poor thing

Got anyone you guys can ping?

Male
2,235 posts

beta • 5 November 2019 at 7:16 AM

@iia might like it

Female
574 posts

iia • 5 November 2019 at 7:53 AM

@shadowfaxe
I love the stained glass effect 😊

Female
1,507 posts

froot • 5 November 2019 at 8:00 AM

@iia Thanks c:

Female
216 posts

wildirishrubyrose • 5 November 2019 at 8:47 AM

@shadowfaxe I do love the stained glass appearance, I forgot to mention that. Also, *facedesks* I've been pretty distracted because of a big paper I have to write for one of my classes. Scale and size ARE very different, so yeah. *facedesks again*

Female
1,930 posts

chaotictreat • 5 November 2019 at 2:07 PM

Um I can't really think of anyone but uh @foxesthebest

Female
1,507 posts

froot • 5 November 2019 at 7:21 PM

@wildirishrubyrose Oof, good luck O-O

@chaotictreat thanks for pinging

Female
216 posts

wildirishrubyrose • 5 November 2019 at 8:33 PM

@shadowfaxe Thanks! It's done now, however I still have two more big ones to do. *dies*

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 7 November 2019 at 11:58 AM

@shadowfaxe
Dies, so cuteeeeee

Female
395 posts

redflipflap • 11 November 2019 at 5:36 PM

I really love this design!!

Female
1,507 posts

froot • 12 November 2019 at 12:26 AM

@galaxyleopard @redflipflap Thank you ❤️

Deleted • 27 November 2019 at 2:41 PM

@shadowfaxe i love turtles

Female
106 posts

darkladyinside • 27 November 2019 at 6:56 PM

It's absolutely gorgeous! I LOVE the colours!

Female
1,507 posts

froot • 28 November 2019 at 6:16 AM

@ilovehellokitty @darkladyinside
Thank you ❤️
Your feedback means a lot to me 😸

Female
894 posts

murfijs • 9 December 2019 at 5:14 AM

@shadowfaxe an interesting design .i love it.

Female
1,507 posts

froot • 9 December 2019 at 8:55 PM

@murfijs Thank you so much ❤️

Deleted • 1 January 2020 at 12:06 AM

@shadowfaxe congrats