The Beasts Academy Roleplay

in Roleplaying

Male
137 posts

dragonborn • 24 January 2020 at 1:14 PM

Zaron:
Zaron walked over to Headmaster Audelia. "can I let Elyth out?
Kor:
"I was expecting someone bigger to be my partner" Lor said, looking down at Ali.

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 24 January 2020 at 1:15 PM

Luna stood, trying to process what the dragon said.
"You mean it? Really?"

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 24 January 2020 at 3:58 PM

Felix watches as Wispen stretches her wings. He stifles a yawn. Now that the excitement was over, his sleepiness was catching up to him. "So. Are you tired too?" he asks.

Rin winces as her new partner throws the badge at a wall and yells that he wanted any other beast. Hey, I'm not that bad, right? she thinks as she curls her tail under her and sulks. She wasn't exactly happy about this either! He pins the badge back on and glances at her. The knight starts to panic again! "What wrong?" she tries to communicate again, "Why bad?" Did this guy have something against Qilins or what?

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 24 January 2020 at 3:59 PM

Wispen nodded
“I barely got any sleep since I was caught. I want to sleep and never wake!”

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 24 January 2020 at 4:16 PM

(Felix lived on the streets so he doesn't know a lot)
Felix's eyes widen, "They caught you!? I thought beasts were also Chosen, and had volunteered!"

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 24 January 2020 at 4:20 PM

Wisp shook her head
"My parents abandoned me then they caught me. But I probably wouldn't have survived If I hadn't been caught."

1,327 posts

bgunny • 24 January 2020 at 5:25 PM

Agnimitra

"What if one of us gets hurt or lost, and we’re separated?"

I knew it would be stupid of me to talk back, but I wasn't really that concerned. He seemed to be scared of my darkness. I could probably hurt him with it. As long as I had that leverage, I was in control. "Foolish tiger," I say. "It's obvious I don't trust you. If I did, I would have taken all your chains off. I wouldn't have summoned the darkness around me." I didn't trust anyone. That wasn't changing for this tiger. "I just pitied you, but there was and is no trust. I don't trust you now, and I won't trust you ever." I honestly wasn't here for the beasts or the powers that I would get once my beast trusted me and I trusted the beast. I was only here because it kept me away and safe from my parents. I don't smile as I say, "I'm not worried about you tearing me to pieces. It won't happen." I was dead serious. He might have been trying to joke, but I wasn't.

Lalitya

“You'll follow your dreams and go sit by a lake. You'll look up at the stars... I'll come and find you… I promise."

Clythia comes over and asks me why I was panicking. I point at my beast. "She's a qilin!" I shout. The beast seems to be upset by how I was acting. "Oh, I'm sorry. I'm being so rude!" She asks what's wrong. I get set into a panic again. "You're a qilin! She's a qilin!" My had was starting to hurt from how hard I was gripping my sword. I try to calm down. "Qilins fly." I didn't want to fly. I wouldn't fly. There was no way this bond would work if the beast expected me to get up in the sky and fly... in the sky... way up high from the ground... where it was easy to fall to your doom.

"And nothing, nothing, would make me break it."

Mistral

The half-elf steps in my stable room. She says hi. I can tell she's put her guard down. I wait and let her step closer. The handlers had chained me up pretty well. They hadn't chained my tail, though. When she takes one more step, I sweep my tail in her direction and try to knock her down. Once she was down on the ground, I'd jump up and pounce on her. I wouldn't do anything hard enough to hurt her badly. I just wanted to give her a scare.

Headmaster Audelia

All the kids had found their pairs. I look at them all. Mistral was attacking his partner. Lalitya was panicking about his beast. Patience looked about to pass out. Some of the other kids seemed to be getting along well with their beasts. Everything was perfect. I nod at Zaron. "Yes, feel free to," I say. I step into the stables. "If you could all pause what you're doing for one moment, I have something quick to tell you!" I shout. I wait a minute. Some of the kids stopped, others like Lalitya didn't. That was okay. I hadn't really expected it.

"These are your beast, so you may do whatever you want with them. You can unchain them, you can keep them in their chains, you can go out with them. Whatever you want. Each beast has a restraint on to keep them from using their powers to an extent. I will let you decide when you want to take it off. I wouldn't do it until you create a good bond with your beast, though." I pause. "Today, I will let you all have a free day. You can go explore the grounds and the forest with your friends and beast. Consider this a good day to get to know each other. Tomorrow, you will all start your training. Now have fun! Maliha and Mircea will stay in the stables to help you with anything you may need." With that, I walk out of the stables with Vice Fritz. We both were smiling. We loved it when new Chosen came.

2,892 posts

skymoare • 24 January 2020 at 6:07 PM

Yoshi~
Yoshi looked at her beast. "Okay, you can fly right?" she asked walking over to unchain the beast. "How about going for a ride?"

Blazeshadow~
"Oh, how interesting," Blazeshadow growled. "You may be an elf, but I wouldn't be so sure. I have dragon descent after all. I am much more than you can ever imagine." The headmaster then yelled about something to do with bonding. Blazeshadow's face twisted with disgust. He plopped down and yawned. "Guess I'm stuck with you. This is a waste of my time. I would rather be stuck here then bond with anyone," he snarled turning away from the elf. Blazeshadow curled up into a ball, his tail wrapped around his paws and wings folded. He vowed to never trust anyone, and he will do just that. It doesn't matter if he gets threatened with that pool of darkness. The elf is going to have to earn his trust, if he has any left. Blazeshadow rested his head on his paws and stared at the wall instead of the elf.

1,478 posts

arcana • 24 January 2020 at 6:09 PM

~Asteria~

"Thank you as well Cerynitis. Do you mind if I call you Ceri? Cerynitis is a bit of a mouthful." I bow a little bit when I say it. It seemed only fair, since she had dipped her head. According to her card, Cerynitis's strengths seemed to be mainly defensive, which I was fine with. She was really fast and had light based powers. I was surprised to find that she was only able to speak through telepathy, which I had not realized while talking to her. That fascinated me. It was sort of like how regular animals spoke to me, but clearer, and more light. Like it was on a different plane. Compared to her voice, even the hummingbirds cheeps sounded deeper. "Do you want to go to the forest?" I noted that she had a restraint that prevented her from running too far away.
~Zayaoji~

"If you seriously think I am going to sully my name and feathers to get rid of an annoyance like you, you would right. But only if you really annoy me. And if you want to talk about perseverance, grow a spine and get me out of here." I stood up and pointed my very sharp beak at her face. "Even if I weren't to murder you, I am perfectly able to maim you." I glared at the Headmaster.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 24 January 2020 at 6:11 PM

Aria:
~ I see the tail swish towards me a moment before it swipes my legs out from under me, sending me to the ground. I hear Headmaster Audelia speak, then look back towards Mistral. I cup my hands together, making a light ball just in case. I didn't think he would do anything to me.

Fedele:
~ "Oh yes yes yes! Let's go fly. " I walk to the back of my pen and wait for her to finish.

Male
137 posts

dragonborn • 24 January 2020 at 6:15 PM

Zaron:
Zaron walked back to Elyths cage. he put the key in and opened the cage."so elyth. what is your power?"he said as he stepped into the cage.

2,892 posts

skymoare • 24 January 2020 at 6:41 PM

Yoshi stretched and let a ball of darkness climb onto her hands. She smirked and applied it to the chains. They snapped off easily. "Okay, let's fly," she said to Fedele as she led the beast outside.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 24 January 2020 at 6:53 PM

Fedele:
~ "Whooo!" I was practically jumping into the sky already, but I spread my wings enough for Yoshi to get on. "Heck yess!" I squawk happily.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 24 January 2020 at 7:22 PM

"Oh.." Felix says, his head swirling with the new information. He didn't know that the beasts weren't Chosen, but that made sense. No beast would probably volunteer to be paired with a human partner. "Well...I'm going to let you out now...if that's fine with you?" Felix didn't feel comfortable staring at a restrained beast. They were much more pretty when they were free.

Rin watches as a girl comes and talks to her partner. He says something about flying and Rin's eyes widen. Wait, did the human want her to fly? Rin rears up in a panic, kicking her hooves and tugging on her chains. Her partner wanted her to fly! She was going to die because this knight made her fly! At her max, she could only levitate a few feet without freezing with fear. "No fly!" she growls. "No!"

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 24 January 2020 at 7:39 PM

Clythia-
"O-Oh!" I look back and forth between the qilin and Lal. I turn to the qilin first. "It's okay, He doesn't want to fly. He's scared of flying." I turn to Lal. "It's fine, the qilin doesn't want to fly, neither of you are going to fly."

Patience-
I move to unlock the phoenix from his....what do you call it? It's not a cage, but- No! Stop thinking about random things that don't matter!

Nocturne-
"Of course." I stare at Moon. "Now, shall we get out of here and into the sky?"

Elyth-
I glare at the kid as he unlocks my chains. I stand. "My powers?" This is not going to be a good relationship. "I can manipulate wind. That's about it."

1,467 posts

robinn • 24 January 2020 at 7:45 PM

Cerynitis' eyes widen. "Outside? You'll take me outside? I'll love to!" She says excitedly.

Healing powers? Mikel hasn't studied much about healing magic. This might make things difficult. He shifts from one foot to the other, unsure of what to do next. It seems most of the other kids were spending their free time with their beasts, but Mikel would rather spend his time in the library or his dorm.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 24 January 2020 at 10:49 PM

Agnimitra

"What if one of us gets hurt or lost, and we’re separated?"

“I find that interesting,” I say. “I don’t care about your dragon descent. I have enough intelligence, caution, abilities, and strength to keep myself alive. You try to shred me, and you’ll regret it, even if you do succeed. There’s more to me than you could imagine too, but I’m guessing your just going to scoff at that.” I wasn’t lying to my beast. I wasn’t trying to make myself seem tougher than I was. Everything I said was the truth. “I don’t care to bond with you either.” I don’t turn around. I make sure I’m facing him. Turning your back on an adversary was stupid. It was a stupid I wouldn’t cross. “But that doesn’t mean a beast like you should be trapped here.” Honestly, despite all my talk, I was kind of finding Blazeshadow interesting. His talk and strength was something I could respect, even if I didn’t trust him. He still seemed like a beautiful beast in my eyes. “Are you sure you don’t want to go out and walk around or do whatever dragon descents do?” It was my very first attempt at a joke in a loooong time. I said it with a straight face and a regular tone, so the tiger might not be able to notice it. Gosh, I barely noticed it, and I was the one who had made the joke.

Lalitya

“You'll follow your dreams and go sit by a lake. You'll look up at the stars... I'll come and find you… I promise."

I watch as my beast begins panicking. It makes me panic a little more. What did I do wrong? I stare at her as she kicks her hooves and tugs on her chains. I hear her say no fly. My heart calms a little bit. Did that mean she didn’t like the fly? I hope so. Clythia speaks and tries to calm her down. The beast doesn’t seem to speak our language very well. I wasn’t sure if she would fully understood. I didn’t know how to speak through our connection, so I decide to make my words seem simpler just in case. I knew it would be better if she heard it from me anyway. “I got this, Cly. Thank you.” I step towards the beast and shake my head. “No fly,” I say firmly. “Flying is bad. It’s the worst.”

"And nothing, nothing, would make me break it."

Ilona

I watch Mikel carefully. He hadn’t seemed that excited when I told him about my powers. I didn’t understand. Was there something wrong? I’d think a human like him would be plenty excited to get any power. I was less concerned by that, though, and more concerned by the fact he didn’t seem to know what to do. “Well, are you going to let me out, Mikel?” I ask. “I haven’t been able to enjoy the sun properly in a long time or read a book.” The thought that I’d been stuck with the one heartless kid who wouldn’t let me go, set me in a panic that I made sure not to show. I was supposed to be messing with the kid’s mind, not the other way around.

Mistral

I mentally smirk as she trips. It worked. Elves, half-elves, humans, they could be so gullible at times. I get up quickly and put a claw on her to keep her down. I press down, not hard enough to hurt her, but hard enough for her to get the hint. I glare at her and try to bare my teeth behind the muzzle. I wanted her to understand. I hated her. And that wasn’t going to change. She could try all she wanted to earn my trust and love, but it wasn’t happening.

2,892 posts

skymoare • 24 January 2020 at 11:56 PM

Blazeshadow~
Blazeshadow growled. He stood and stretched again, facing the elf. "Oh something we dragon descents do. Fun! It included the following events: 1. Burn down the forest. 2. Terrorize little humans and half-elves and 3. can't forget this one. Tear apart the annoying elf standing before me," he growled sarcastically. "Yeah, sounds like a blast. Love number three. Can't wait to get there. When do we start?"

Yoshi~
Yoshi carefully climbed onto the beast's back. "Okay, I'm ready," she said.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 25 January 2020 at 12:20 AM

Clythia-
I breathe a sigh of relief as Lal takes over.

1,478 posts

arcana • 25 January 2020 at 12:29 AM

~Asteria~

"Yeah!" I open the door. It didn't look like Ceri was as chained as the others. I smiled at her and gestured for her to walk next to me. I had gotten some information from the card, but Ceri barely knew anything about me. Today would be nice to get to know her, and for her to get to know me. Maybe this Academy wasn't so bad after all.
~Zayaoji~

This elf girl was seriously just letting me out? After several threats? Well, if things are going to be easy, I'm not complaining. Once the door opened enough, I was going to rush through and do whatever I wanted. Of course, I wanted to burn everything, but I refrained gracefully. The forest was full of innocent animals that did not deserve a fiery apocalypse. The Academy buildings however, were not full of innocents. I eyed the restraint. It had been the one of the only things that wouldn't burn. However, they couldn't make more chains out of the material, as it was enchanted, costly and near impossible to make chains out of. They didn't even know that I could've probably broken a chain. I was pretty strong.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 25 January 2020 at 12:45 AM

Patience-
I don't open the door. I look at the phoenix. "Y-You..." He had slight confusion at first, but I think it's because I was letting him out so easily. He wanted to burn everything and seemed to hate the Academy. I bite my lip, chewing on it for a few seconds. His hate for the Academy was overwhelming and I was going to have a panic attack in a few minutes if I remained near him. I couldn't deal with this beast. I couldn't deal with how stressful being near him was. I wanted to dull down his aura. "W-Why do you h-hate the Academy so m-much?" I don't notice my twitching increasing.

1,478 posts

arcana • 25 January 2020 at 2:06 AM

~Zayaoji~

"What? Surprised I hate my cage and jailers? Why wouldn't I hate the Academy? They know we are all intelligent. They know that we value freedom. Why do you think so many of us have chains? If you step into my cage, you'd feel how cold it is. That cold oppresses my powers. We are little more than prisoners or slaves. We are captured so that you can be partnered with us. And for what transgressions? For venturing to close to humans? You all would do well to remember that you are intruders. This land was once wild, belonging to freedom and the law of the jungle. You attempted to tame it. If I were a beast of earthly magnitude, I could rend this city to pieces. As it is, if there was a volcano around, you would be long dead. Twitchy elf-girl, you are the descendants of people who think they are special. They aren't. But arrogance gets you half-way, with all the more casualties. Imagine if someone jailed you indefinitely for simply walking in front of their house. I am an Ancient Phoenix. I have rights as an intelligent being." I look at her scornfully. Were the Academy simply permitted to do as they wish and these people accepted it? Ridiculous.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 25 January 2020 at 2:12 AM

Fedele:
~"You'd better hold on tight, half-elf!" I start running towards the far end of a nearby field, taking long downward strokes with my wings. Holy mice this would be harder than it looked. I push off the ground hard with my legs, pawing at the air with my huge wings. I slowly gain altitude.

Aria:
~ I stare up at Mistral in shock and a little fear. The light in my hands starts getting brighter from the rampaging emotion. I glance down at the claw briefly before looking back at his face. He looked like he was maniacally grinning, but he was probably snarling. I decide to seem a little more like I wan't helpless. "Hey, there you... Sparkly lizard." I say nervously.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 25 January 2020 at 2:38 AM

Patience-
I stare at the phoenix. "My parents would do that." I blurt out. Was this a panic attack? "Even before I got my stupid powers, they would talk about me, "Why is she so twitchy?", "The neighborhood kids are asking why she's such a freak.", "I think it's better if we keep her away from everyone else, wouldn't want the neighborhood thinking that the twitching is genetic." They didn't even try to hide it!" God, was the stress that much? "Sure, I was a kid, but I wasn't stupid, I understood everything they said! And then I get my powers, I start having panic attacks, I start having paranoid thoughts, I didn't want those thoughts, I didn't want to be losing my voice all the time! They tell me, "Patience, control your powers, we don't want to hear you screaming all the time.", "Patience, you're disturbing the neighbors. Stop panicking already." And when I'm not making noise, they're not even acknowledging me!" I blink away tears. "I'm not allowed to go anywhere because apparently the neighbors would start to ask questions. I'm not allowed to talk and make friends with anyone, because apparently I would be a waste of time to everyone! I used to keep asking myself, why would they take care of me if I wasn't loved? To keep up impressions!" I start to calm down. "Once they figure out I'm here, they'll probably brag to everyone that their daughter got into the esteemed Beast Academy, where beasts are taken indefinitely because they were "trespassing"." I look at Zayaoji. "Sorry, I exploded. I'll let you out now." I open the door.

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 25 January 2020 at 4:04 AM

Wasp nodded
“I’d quite like to get out of here. There’s barely any room to stretch my wings.”

Luna nodded and let Nocutune out of the stable.
“This is the best day ever! I cant believe it!”

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 25 January 2020 at 4:10 AM

Nocturne-
I smile at Moon's happiness. "You can't believe it? Why can't you believe it?" I was confused at the phase.

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 25 January 2020 at 4:13 AM

Luna laughed
“I feel like I’m dreaming, like it can’t be true!”

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 25 January 2020 at 4:17 AM

Nocturne-
"Oh." I blink. I look up at the clear sky. "Do you think I can fly now?"

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 25 January 2020 at 4:18 AM

Luna nodded
“Of course you can. As the instructors said, I can decide what to do with you, go have fun!”

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 25 January 2020 at 4:21 AM

Nocturne-
I stretch, getting ready to fly. I take a running start, spread my wings and leap into the sky.