3,446 posts

chaoschild • 21 January 2020 at 9:21 PM

Aria's:
~ My face gets a little hotter in embarrassment. "Um... Is it that obvious?"

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 21 January 2020 at 9:31 PM

Patience-
"S-Shy? U-Uh, no one has ever c-called me shy." I twitch. "I k-know I stutter a lot and I'm really j-jumpy, but shy? I-I don't think that's a good w-way of describing m-me." I look over the possibilities in my head. "Do I s-seem shy?"

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 21 January 2020 at 9:36 PM

Aria:
~ I look at Patience and smile. "A little, but it's not like, crazy shy." I say softly.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 21 January 2020 at 9:41 PM

Patience-
"O-Oh." I blink at myself. I remember Zaron. "W-Wait, why did you butt into o-our conversation?!"

Male
137 posts

dragonborn • 21 January 2020 at 10:05 PM

"Mainly because I've been kinda lonely since i came here. no one really talked to me."

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 21 January 2020 at 10:27 PM

Patience-
"W-Well, y-you don't really s-stand out much."

1,327 posts

bgunny • 22 January 2020 at 9:40 AM

(You may all start playing your beast now.)

Headmaster Audelia

“Okay everyone, please gather around. We’re at your stables now. Each group has a separate stable for their beast. This will be yours,” Maliha says. “Now before you go barging in to find your beast, Headmaster Audelia has something she’d like to say.” She steps back to allow the Headmaster to take the spotlight. “First, I hope you all have your badges, because they are how you’re connected to your beast. I’m not sure if you’ve notice, but they are magical. Some students have even said their badges have personalities.” She looks over at the knight boy as he lets out an amused snort and fingers his badge. “After finding your beast, their name will appear on your badge.” Maliha takes off her badge and shows the students. It has her name and below it in smaller letters the name Rhine. “The badge will allow you to communicate with your beast, though many of them speak our language already.”

She let’s that information absorb into the Chosen’s brains before continuing on. “You will be given your first test. Inside the stables, each beast has their own area. There is a card with their name and other information. We will not be telling you who your beast is. Instead, we will make you figure it out yourselves. Behind one of the information cards, will be your name. When you think you’ve found your beast, flip it over and discover if you’re right or not. If you’re wrong, simply flip it back over and continue looking. Don’t tell anyone whose beast is theirs. We want them to discover it for themselves.” She looks at the kids and their expression. “I know this may sound strange, but we’ve found that finding your beast for yourself can make the bond between the two of you even stronger.” She smiles. “Now enough talking. Go find your beast. Good luck.” She opens the door to the stable.

Mistral

My head perks up when the door to the stable opens. Was it our food? I hadn’t been fed yet. I let out a groan when I see that it’s new Beast Academy students. I’d been told they were coming today by my handlers. I narrow my eyes as I stare at them. I wondered which one I would be paired with? Which one would be unlucky? I hope I didn’t get paired with a girl. The girls were the worst. I shuffle around so that my back is turned towards the opening of my ‘stable room.’ That’s what it was called by the members. I called it a cage. I’d like to see how they felt if they were stuck in here. My leg was chained to the wall. They’d told me I deserved it when I tried to complain. All I really did was growl and try to bite of someone’s leg. Nothing big. It didn't stop them from putting a muzzle on me to prevent me from biting or using my powers. I lay down and don’t face towards were the students were coming in. A flash of anger runs through me. I still couldn’t believe this! I’d been minding my own business when Beasts Academy people had captured me. I mean, sure I might have gotten a little closer to their village than they probably would have liked, but I meant no harm. The worst part about this deal was that I’d have to be paired with one of these sorry kids.

Ilona

I whirl around when the doors to the stable open. It was the new students. I smile before becoming serious. This would be fun. Whoever I was paired with would probably see me and think I was pretty and innocent. I liked to have my fun, though. I sit up straight and try to look regal. At least, as regal as I can with my leg chained to the wall. I’d gone too far with one of my tricks once. Details weren’t necessary. I watch the kids as they come in with critical eyes. I wondered who I’d be paired with. I’d asked my handlers to tell me when they’d been selecting the pairs last night. They refused. They’d only read the information on my card. It said: Name: Ilona, Gender: Female, Species: Winged Wolf, A pretty boring read. I already knew all that information. I wondered how many kids would check me out before my real pair came over. I knew all about the test. There was a lot I knew. I was somehow able to get more information than I should from the handlers.

(Here are the pairs. Remember, your student doesn’t know who it is yet:

Agnimitra and Blazeshadow
Alina and Vok
Aria and Mistral
Asteria and Ceri
Clythia and Faldiar
Felix and Wispen
Lalitya and Rin
Luna and Nocturne
Mikel and Ilona
Patience and Zayaoji
Yoshino and Fedele
Zaron and Elyth

If you're paired beast has the same nature based power as your character or none at all, don’t worry. I will make sure everyone gets 1 extra nature power. I hope you all like the pairs!)

Lalitya

I had gone to stand by Luna and Clythia again when Maliha called for us to gather around. When Headmaster Audelia had told me about the badges having personality, I couldn’t help but laugh. Mine had a personality all right. It always had to get what it wanted. It wouldn’t take no for an answer. At those thoughts, my badge suddenly unclips and pokes into my skin. It didn’t hurt very much, but it just proved her point about them having personalities. Apparently, my badge didn’t like to be criticized either.

I feel excitement run through me when she tells us about the test. I was really about to go in there and find my beast. This was going to be so awesome! I hold my breath when she opens the doors. “Good luck finding your beasts!” I tell my two friends. I step inside and stare in awe at all the beasts. There were so many of them! A dozen was a lot for someone who lived in the capital like me! The stables were like a horse’s stable, but much bigger to fit the beasts. I allow myself to walk around and look at each individual beast before getting serious about finding my own. I remember seeing a cool looking phoenix, so I backtrack and read his information. He was a phoenix, so he probably had fire powers. I really wanted a beast with either fire or dark powers. He could fly, which was kind of upsetting, but he was pretty cool anyway. I hesitate and then flip over the information card. I read the name. Oops, he wasn’t mine. I smile at him anyway. “Hi there! You got an interesting, but nice person coming your way,” I say. I move on.

My next stop is at a black wolf. I loved wolves and this guy couldn’t fly. I read his card before turning it over. I wasn’t disappointed at all when I read the name. In fact, I break out into a grin. “You have a nice person coming your way too!” I say. I smile at the beast and move on. I lean against the wall and look at the beasts. I’d already tried two. Where was my beast? I decide to look at the remaining beast longer and try to feel for… whatever connection I was supposed to be feeling for.

2,892 posts

skymoare • 22 January 2020 at 10:39 AM

Blazeshadow lifted his head as he heard lots of noise. Oh the new students. Blazeshadow wanted to let our a roar of fiery, but his mouth was chained shut. He refused to bow to a mere being who was half his size.

Yoshi strolled into the stables. She went down the stables one at a time, looking for her partner. She saw a beautiful blue dragon, but was disappointed to find that it wasn't her beast. She continued down the stables. Most of the beasts looked too passive. They couldn't help her in battle. Yoshi needed something that can at least fly...

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 22 January 2020 at 11:18 AM

Luna looked over the beasts. She felt sick. Aren’t these things dangerous? Any one of them could take a bite out of her.

Wispen looked around. People. She knew not to spend time around people she didn’t know. She immediately became uncomfortable and tried to spread her wings.

1,467 posts

robinn • 22 January 2020 at 11:26 AM

Cerynitis lifts her head. She sees a group of children walk into the stables. Is it pairing time? She wonders. Most of the kids looked friendly enough, but she wasn't in the mood to spend time with them. She shifts her legs, the chains on them felt uncomfortable. She longed to be outside. To be able to run as far as she wanted. She rests her head back down.

Mikel slowly walks into the stable. A lot of the beasts were pretty big. Mikel felt a little intimidated. He shivers when he hears one growl behind him. He pulls out his badge and checks the name on it. At least I'm not paired up with that one. How do I even pronounce this name? He looks over all the beast's names, making sure not to get too close to them. He stops and stares at a pretty owl. He quickly checks the beast's name. It was different. "I wish I got paired up with you." He says softly. He continues searching for his beast. A soft glowing light catches his eye. A glowing winged wolf was sitting nicely, as if waiting for their partner. Mikel reads the name. Ilona? Wait a minute... He checks his badge again. The name was the same. "I'm paired up with you?"

1,478 posts

arcana • 22 January 2020 at 11:49 AM

~Asteria~

"Wow..." I whispered. The squirrel had already left, saying that the beast were scary and not something he wanted to deal with. I tentatively walked around marvelling at the beasts, but not yet flipping over any cards. I didn't know if my power would help me in this, but I wanted to look at everything first.
~Zayaoji~

Right now, all I wanted was to do was shoot fire into their pitiful faces. I refrained, only because my stable had an "air conditioner" as the workers called it. It made me extremely unhappy, as well as unable to use my powers well. Unfortunately for them, I still melted off anything metal they put me in, and stone broke just as easily with different methods. I inwardly sighed and did my best to look menacing. It's hard as a phoenix to look menacing unless you're about to hurt someone. While they played their games, I glared them down.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 22 January 2020 at 1:49 PM

Felede:
~ I yawn, sticking my tongue out. I see something pass out of the corner of my eye and I sit up abruptly. Who was in the stables? I sniff around. New humans, elves and half-elves? Was it the Bonding Day already? I stand up, lashing my tail excitedly. I walk to the gate of my enclosure and lay my head on the door. A brown-haired girl (Yoshi) was walking down the stables. I wondered who she was.

Aria:
~ I start walking slowly into the stable, then stop short at the sight of the creatures. Was that a wolf, but with wings? And a gryphon over there? And some dragons over there? Wow... I start walking to the first enclosure, then take a look at my badge. It said my name, then another name. Mistral. I wondered who that could be. I slowly walk down the long like of pens, looking for the name.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 22 January 2020 at 1:49 PM

Agnimitra

I wait until some of the others kids venture into the stable before going in myself. I look around at the beasts. So far, only one kid, Mikel, seems to have found his beast. I look over at the winged wolf. I wasn't upset that he had gotten her instead of him. She was glowing too much and there was something about the way she was sitting that bothered me. I stop and peek at all the beast. I'd seen beast from afar before, but not this close. I'd read about them too, and I couldn't help but name their species as I passed by them. There was a qilin, griffin, and cerynitis. I stop at a faerie dragon. He was pretty, but seemed a little upset and grumpy. His snout was muzzled. I didn't have to look at the card to know he wasn't mine. I continue to walk on.

I stop at the last stable that held a tiger dragon. He was muzzled and chained. He looked angry and fierce. I could tell he was strong. I give him an awed look before making my expression carefully neutral. In my opinion, he looked beautiful. Much more pretty than the faerie dragon. I couldn't ignore that he also looks like he wants to kill anyone who touches him. I hesitate before reaching out a trembling hand to his card. Part of me wanted to be paired with this magnificent beast, and the other part of me was scared. I turn the card over. I didn't realizing I was holding my breath until I let out a soft exhale when I see my name printed on the back of the card. This was the beast I was paired with. My badge glows softly. I look down at it. Now engraved below my name was his name, Blazeshadow.

Ilona

I watch as a brown haired boy walks over to me. He was a human, looked to be around 16 or 17. Just by looking at him, I could tell he was a quiet and probably reserved person. Hm, well it's fun to mess with people like him. Was he my partner? I hear him ask a question. I felt a little offended by it. He didn't sound like he was happy with being paired with me. I was unhappy about it, but that didn't mean he had to be unhappy. "I don't know, are you?" I glance over at the information card. I couldn't see it very well, and I definitely wouldn't be able to flip it over to see if his name was behind it. I look at his badge. My name was already on his badge. I guess I was paired with him after all. I read his name slowly. I still wasn't the best reader, and my handlers hadn't been nice enough to let me borrow some books. I was very rusty now. Still, I'm able to understand figure out what his name is, Mikel. "Why? Are you disappointed?" I challenge.

1,467 posts

robinn • 22 January 2020 at 1:56 PM

Mikel wasn't expecting sass from the wolf. "No." He replies. "I just wasn't expecting my partner to be a large glowing wolf."

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 22 January 2020 at 1:56 PM

Aria:
~ I stop in front of a blue dragon with fairy-like wings. I look up at its card and see its name. Mistral. Was this the Beast I would be Bonded with? I tap gently on the door, almost not noticing my now-glowing-with-the-name badge.

2,892 posts

skymoare • 22 January 2020 at 2:14 PM

Blazeshadow growled. An elf had stopped in front of his cell. The elf was listing up the card that supposedly have his name on it. Part of him wanted a powerful partner such as an elf. However, the thought of bowing to a creature half his size still disgusted him. He wanted to test this partner of his. Without sinking of the outcomes, Blazeshadow charged towards the girl. But only to be pulled up my the chains wrapped tightly around his neck.

Yoshi looked around, some people had already found their beasts. She was pretty jealous of Agnimitra who seemed to have found a beast that Yoshi thought who would be great for battle. Yoshi stopped by another stable cell. Inside was a bird like creature. She didn't feel like guessing, so Yoshi just turned over the card. She saw her name imprinted on it. Beneath her name stated the beast's name: Fedele. Yoshi was a little disappointed because the bird didn't seem like a battle beast. Her mentors would probably be disappointed in her too. Well at least, it can fly. She thought looking at the wings.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 22 January 2020 at 3:10 PM

Fedele:
~ I start lashing my tail faster. This was the girl! I look up at her, inspecting her with my large, dark eyes. I make a playful squeaking sound at her and stick my head out of one of the holes in the door at her.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 22 January 2020 at 3:34 PM

Agnimitra

Blazeshadow lunges. I react instinctively. I hold my hands out and conjure a ball of darkness in one hand and a ball of fire in the other. I realize a second later that fire probably wouldn't do anything to him. He looks like he has fire powers. I change the fire into darkness. As soon as I do that, I feel slightly stupid, remembering the chains. He gets pulled back. I lower my hands and stop using my powers. The next thought that ran through me was that he did appear to want to kill me. I continue to keep my expression neutral. I wasn't really sure how I felt anyway. Was I scared? Excited? Nervous? I suppose if I felt anything in that moment it was relief. He couldn't hurt me as long as he was chained up. I did feel bad for him. I'd hate to be trapped like he was. I don't say a word and just watch the tiger. I wanted to see if he was going to try something else.

Ilona

"A winged wolf," I correct with sparkling eyes. "I'm a large glowing winged wolf." I could continue on with his conversation. I wasn't that offended, more curious now. "And what beast did you think you were going to get?" I ask. Was he one of those kids who wanted the huge killer dragons or the deadly and dangerous manticores? I wanted to find out. It'd be nice if he underestimated me. I could show him just how powerful I was if that was the case. I wouldn't hurt him. I'd just have some fun with him, and then find a way to run away. I didn't want to be here anymore than most of the other beasts did.

Mistral

I hear a knock at my door. It must be one of those dumb kids who thought they'd be able to be paired with me and makes friends. I'd show them otherwise. I peek towards the door. It was a half-elf girl. Why did it have to be a girl? I hated girls. They were the worst. Boys weren't much better, though. Only a little. I huff and eye the girl with distaste and hate. I stay silent. I wouldn't be able to talk if I wanted to. I was still muzzled. I'd have to show her that I hated her with just my eyes. Hopefully, she was just taking a look at me and she wasn't actually going to be paired with me. A few girls had already looked and passed by me. One had been another half-elf and the other had been an elf. I saw no reason why this girl would be any different. Except... she might...

2,892 posts

skymoare • 22 January 2020 at 3:50 PM

Blazeshadow growled the girl had let loose some terrifying darkness. He pulled back a little being careful to keep some distance. At least she was smart enough to try to block. He narrowed his eyes. There wasn’t much he could do, his wings were chained so were his mouth and tail. Blazeshadow plopped down lazily and stared up at the elf.

Yoshi was lost in thought about her mentors when she heard squeaks. Yoshi gently stroked the bird as it stuck its head out. “Why, hello there” she spoke to the bird, wondering if it could speak. They were beasts maybe some magic human language talking beasts.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 22 January 2020 at 4:16 PM

"Oh. My. God! So cool!" Felix almost squeals in excitement. Every beast in the stables was so pretty, Felix would be happy with anyone of them! The annoying human boy, Mikel, had already found his beast-a large winged wolf. Felix would be lying if he said he wasn't jealous. There were qilins, gryphons, dragons, a growling tiger.... Felix flips over a card for another beast, a phoenix and sighs in disappointment as his name wasn't on the card. He continues along and stops in front of a white dragon with a purple jewel on her forehead that looked nervous. Something...drew him to this beast. He reaches forward and holds his hand out to the dragon. "Hey," he says softly.

Rin paces back and forth. The humans had entered and were walking around. One elf kept on running up and yelling "Cool!" at everything. She hopes she wouldn't be paired with that one. Oh no. What if the human she was paired with wanted her to fly? Qilins were known for their flying skills.....but she was terrified of heights. Rin's pacing becomes more frantic until she accidentally kicks out a hoof at her stable wall. She could tell the beast next to her wasn't happy by the growl. "Sorry!" she says.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 22 January 2020 at 4:36 PM

Clythia-
I look around, looking for my beast. Faldiar, Faldiar, Faldiar... I come across a large timber wolf. My badge started glowing. "You're my beast!" I clapped excitedly.

Patience-
"Ack!" I flinch at each creature I come across. I look down at my badge to see my creature's name. Zayaoji? What kind of name is Zayaoji? I guess I shouldn't judge. What kind of creature was it? What was their personality? What if they don't like me?! Oh god! I glance to a corner, and I immediately want to die. Oh god, I liked phoenixes, I liked birds in general, but that phoenix just looked like it wanted to kill everything near it. I look down at my badge, praying that that wasn't my creature. My badge was glowing. I walk cautiously to the bird. I needed to let go of my fears and meet him. If I looked past his aura, he was quite beautiful, being an Ancient Phoenix. "U-Uh, h-hi?"

Nocturne-
I look up from where I was chained. Huh. Pairing Day. I resume my original position. I don't mind Pairing Day, but it hurt my pride, reminding me of my lesser form and how I got here. Hopefully whoever got paired with me isn't too annoying.

Elyth-
I wake to creatures making noise, and humans, elves, and half-elves running around and talking. I sigh and look up. Oh wow. Pairing Day. Let's just get this over with.

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 22 January 2020 at 4:50 PM

Luna looked for her beast. She looked at a label. Nocturne. This was her beast. She looked at the creature and smiled. So pretty. She was happy with this

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 22 January 2020 at 4:59 PM

Nocturne-
"So, you're my partner?" I keep my position.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 22 January 2020 at 5:08 PM

Fedele:
~ "Hi there!" I squeak happily to the girl. It could talk! "I'm Fedele! What's your name?" I make a happy purring sound at the feel of her hand scratching my head.

Aria:
~ "Hello." I say to the dragon. It looked at me angrily. I took the stare as a 'I hate this muzzle and the chains will you somehow get them off" stare. I turn to Maliha. "Why is this dragon chained?" I ask her.

1,467 posts

robinn • 22 January 2020 at 5:09 PM

"I was expecting something smaller. Maybe a bird or something." Mikel replies.

Male
137 posts

dragonborn • 22 January 2020 at 5:17 PM

Vok
Vok heard people outside his cell. "what is that?" he wondered.

Zaron looked at his beast and thought" wow. I did not expect a Griffen to be my beast"

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 22 January 2020 at 5:24 PM

Elyth-
I stare at the boy in front of me. So this was my partner. I sigh. "What do you want?"

Male
137 posts

dragonborn • 22 January 2020 at 5:30 PM

Zaron staired at Elyth in surprise. "YOU CAN TALK?!?!?!?"

Kor looked out of his cell. "I wonder who my partner will be?

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 22 January 2020 at 5:32 PM

Elyth-
This kid was getting annoying. "Yeah, most of the creatures here can."

2,892 posts

skymoare • 22 January 2020 at 5:34 PM

Yoshi suddenly felt a rush of joy. It was an unexpected feeling, but it apparently exists. "Hello, there Fedele. They call me Yoshino. Yoshino Fidochi," Yoshi replied.