Popular Creatures?

in Chit-Chat

Male
690 posts

decay • 18 February 2020 at 6:05 AM

I was thinking about Eggcave creatures and values and stuff and realized that there was one creature that I never really understood the hype around xD

Back then, this creature was needed as part of my halloween collection so I thought I would eventually have to get one and dreaded it...

I don’t really like Oscoa

*huge gasp*

Don’t get me wrong! It has cute and adorable features but something about it is just off for me xD
I don’t mean this to offend people who like them it’s just my personal taste (:

Anyway, this got my thinking..

What creatures are popular but other people don’t really like as much? (:

Would love to hear about everyone’s personal tastes!

Non-binary
2,815 posts

luv • 18 February 2020 at 6:22 AM

@decay
There are a couple for me, some of which might be surprising (I'm not actually big on the Macbot or Doovoo, but I almost find their weird appearance to be a part of the charm), but perhaps the most egregious I can think of right now is either the pixgog or the spookcat (this one is bad because... I own one lol)?

I've just never really seen the massive appeal of the pixgog I have to admit, it's cute but it's not show-stopping to me. Like, I'd have one, but I wouldn't trade a fortune for it I guess?

Female
15,814 posts

bunnyshadow • 18 February 2020 at 6:23 AM

@luv @decay

Doovoo and Macbot for me

Female
1,570 posts

firedawn • 18 February 2020 at 6:37 AM

@decay

I don't get the appeal of the Pixgog either... I'm honestly not that great a fan of the Onny. While I get the appeal, it's not /that/ amazing for me. And actually, maybe the Nym somewhat... even though I have one, I don't think I like it as much as I should lol. Maybe it's the travel. :')

Female
1,121 posts

lexicon • 18 February 2020 at 7:40 AM

@decay @luv

Meanwhile, I would trade all the Doovoos, Macbots, and Onnys for a Spookcat xD. It just combines two of my most favorite things in the world: cats and Halloween! So I'm obsessed. The older creatures though I don't really get? Like the pixgog, etc. they're unique I guess? Definitely not worth that much to me lol ^^;

2,206 posts

beta • 18 February 2020 at 7:51 AM

My brain: make a comment

Anyway, I don’t actually like... the... Amma

1,722 posts

laylamocha • 18 February 2020 at 7:54 AM

@stevepat2002 You have to admit the child stage is nice. But not the final.. like what went wrong with it?

I would say the Melodie... it's selling for 2kCC? Is the Idola popular? Or the Trenka? Cause while the Trenka is somewhat cute, I just don't get the Idola..

2,206 posts

beta • 18 February 2020 at 7:56 AM

@playermocha345 I actually don’t like it at all

2,383 posts

ethereality • 18 February 2020 at 10:44 AM

@decay

I do like Spookcat, it's such a creative and cool concept. Same with Doovoo and Macbot.

I used to hate Encalop, but now I find it wierdly adorable.

Nym and Onny are okay, but I think most of their value is derived from their impossible status to get.

Non-binary
2,815 posts

luv • 18 February 2020 at 11:33 AM

@lexicon @ethereality @decay
I feel like I'm giving the spookcat a bad rep now! XD

I guess to clarify, there aren't many popular ones I really don't like at all, more just ones that I wouldn't trade as much for? Like I personally never totally wanted a spookcat, I got it for a specific trade that didn't work out and while it's growing on me, it's never the type of pet I thought I'd get.

I definitely agree with ethereality though, there were pets I didn't like at all when they came out (slysal, othgog, and encalop all come to mind), that now I really like (hell, the encalop became one of my dreamies!)

Male
690 posts

decay • 18 February 2020 at 4:44 PM

@bunnyshadow @lexicon
I’m not a huge fan of macbot but it’s eggstage is kinda cool but I really like doovoo’s design it’s creepy!
But also it’s not the best design ever.. feel like a voodoo doll could be cooler!

@luv
Awww i’m sorry about Spookcat that sucks hope you get a good trade for it (:
Also, I like spookcat but I don’t really like the design of any stage that much... it’s a cool concept though!

I remember I really wanted one but then realized I didn’t like any stage that great so decided to trade it lol

@firedawn @lexicon
Yeah Pixgog is an ok creature I think the rarity makes it popular
Nym is cute! I like the first stage but I feel like the design isn’t like woah amazing to me which is why I haven’t searched for one...
Onny always gave me the creeps with it’s huge eyes xD but after looking at it’s design it’s kinda cute

@stevepat2002
I actually kinda like Amma xD idk something about the shading I really like but not enough to trade for one...
I get why it would be dislikes though!

@playermocha345
Melodies, Idolas and Trenkas I feel like aren’t as well liked xD
Melodie I feel was popular because of Lbowe’s search for one where she offered dreamies for one
I actually kinda like Melodies and 1st stage Idola though they’re creepy and weird and I relate to that lmao

@ethereality
That’s interesting! I used to dislike Encalops as well but once I trades one away I was like I miss that little weird bell cat thing..... xD
It’s weird to think it’s a halloween creature though

Also I realized that I also kinda don’t like Flintar either it’s a cool creature but I feels a bit plain...

327 posts

anarchy • 19 February 2020 at 1:17 PM

I LOVE the Oscoa lol. The first stage is adorable and imo one of the best pieces of art on the site :')

To answer your question, mine is probably the Macbot. It's the only one of the ~Big Four~ that I'm not really a fan of, and I don't think it would be nearly as popular if rarity wasn't a factor. I agree with above about the Pixgog, and a few others I'm not really a fan of include the Arnmnae, Clous, Encalop, Flar, and Slysal. I get their appeal of course, they're just not really my thing.

Female
3,376 posts

sparklefox • 19 February 2020 at 2:30 PM

I've never really gotten the hype around the Tawny, to be honest. It's just a cartoonish red panda, and its design isn't exciting in the slightest. Cute? Sure. Unique? Eh...

I've skimmed through the other replies, and I can agree with what others are saying about other "super rare" species such as the Pixgog (the site's art has definitely improved since then), Oscoa (there's plenty of more exciting-looking feline creatures - Trisk, for instance, which looks relatively similar but feels a little more unique due to the water elements), Nym, Clous ("head with limbs" / "just head" designs have never been my thing, though) and Arnmnae (again, art has definitely improved).

However, I do like the Macbot quite a bit, but I might be a tad biased here because I love robot-based designs (alongside similar things such as cyborgs). The Slysal is pretty funny-looking in a good way, and I especially love the silly look on its face in the middle stage. While I also like the idea behind the Doovoo, I feel like it could be a little scarier. One creature I don't see getting enough love, though, is the Axol - especially its final stage. I can also agree with one of the posts above that the Trenka is fairly underrated - while it's far from being my favourite design, I still kinda like it.

2,383 posts

ethereality • 19 February 2020 at 2:50 PM

@playermocha345 @stevepat2002 I also love amma child stage. after that it gets a bit fat and haphazard with the art...and sprouts a million tassels everywhere just because tassel llama!

2,206 posts

beta • 19 February 2020 at 2:53 PM

I actually don't get the appeal of the gobbler either...

Female
300 posts

fire-and-spice • 19 February 2020 at 4:36 PM

The Doovoo... I don't see why so many people want one. Same with Macbot. The Onny is fine, but you know...

I also don't get the appeal of the gobbler.