The Sleafh / summer / collab with mocha

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

likey?

Female
1,512 posts

froot • 23 April 2020 at 8:28 AM

Hey all!
I was getting bored at home (stay at home and wash your hands, people) and decided to draw a bunch of creature suggestions. Here's one of em! I showed this to mocha and asked if she'd be interested in writing the description with me, so that's what we did.
And now, @playermocha345 and @shadowfaxe proudly present to you... the Sleafh!

It took me some time to come up with the name... Sloth + leaf = Sleafh (teehee)

Art: http://fav.me/ddvj8sj
(the egg is just a draft - I didn't really go into the details πŸ˜‹ )

About the egg:
A Sleafh egg is tiny. Like, the size of a pea. It's covered in really soft fur and wrapped in a tiny banana leaf. Super cozy!
Sleafh eggs can be found in batches of five beneath the soil. If you come across a mound of soil, never, ever, EVER disturb the earth. While tough-looking, external force may cause death to the larvae. These eggs grow only in perfect conditions. The perfect humidity of soil is needed in order to hatch the eggs. You may inquire as to why they are buried. You see, since they are so tiny, they are very common targets of predators. In order to avoid being eaten, Sleafhs have long since learnt to hide their young in the soil.

About the creature:
A Sleafh's eyes stay sealed for a week after they hatch. By then, it is fully grown and small enough to fit in an Arkian's palm. Unlike their cousins, the Buttersloff, Sleafhs are very smart and incredibly fast, due to their their size. Without brawn, they can only rely on agility and smarts. Sleafhs are common creatures, but incredibly hard to find. They are most likely to be found in oases, but can be found in tropical areas on rare occasions.

Normal sloths are solitary, but the Sleafh live in clans. They are highly territorial, so when an intruder trespasses, they are often chased away by their special attack, mini bananas hurled at high speeds. The SARC has no idea where these bananas come from, because it is a new species, and very hard to find, since they are so tiny.

Like how dogs go "woof" and cats go "meow", Sleafhs make a very recognizable sound: a high-pitched shriek that sounds something like "anana!"

Because of the Sleafhs' feisty nature, young Arkian boys who own Sleafhs like to battle with them, similar to the well known Arkian cartoon, "Pocket Critters". This is perfectly humane, since the bananas that Sleafhs use to throw are not harmful, and leave Sleafhs smelling like bananas.

Thank you for looking at our creature suggestion!
Please ping your friends~ ❀️

Pings:
@tetromino
@stevepat2002
@moonweaver
@wigglytuff
@sinthr
@totallynotjoey
@frosting

Non-binary
1,088 posts

moonweaver • 23 April 2020 at 1:27 PM

@shadowfaxe

Much pretty 😸 I can tell you put lots of time into this πŸ˜ƒ

Female
1,512 posts

froot • 23 April 2020 at 7:49 PM

@moonweaver Ty~ Both the art and description took some time to do, glad you like it 😊

More ping-pongs:
@topaz
@galaxyleopard
@surgeon
@ravensong

Deleted • 23 April 2020 at 7:57 PM

@shadowfaxe

love it

316 posts

ravensong • 23 April 2020 at 7:57 PM

@shadowface, unable to see the artwork...

@tetromino, do you mind if you take a look? I hope pings don't bother you.

Female
1,512 posts

froot • 23 April 2020 at 7:58 PM

@topaz Thank you, anyone else you can ping?

Edit: @ravensong, Hmmm, I'll check the link...
Edit #2: It should work... http://fav.me/ddvj8sj

Deleted • 23 April 2020 at 8:00 PM

i ping these people

@yogurt
@sartre
@valorie100
@cookie50
@arcana

Female
1,326 posts

sartre • 23 April 2020 at 8:33 PM

Oh my goodness I love this ❀️

Female
1,512 posts

froot • 23 April 2020 at 8:40 PM

@sartre Thank you!! πŸ˜ƒ

Female
1,326 posts

sartre • 23 April 2020 at 8:46 PM

You’re welcome 😊

101 posts

subie • 23 April 2020 at 8:52 PM

@shadowfaxe
The art, concept and description is very adorable! ❀️ It does remind me of the second stage Lenochod a little though.

Female
1,512 posts

froot • 23 April 2020 at 8:55 PM

@subie I admit, they do share some characteristics x) Thanks, happy you like it πŸ˜ƒ

367 posts

kudo • 24 April 2020 at 3:12 AM

@shadowfaxe seems adorable ^^ i wanna squish *must. resist.* does remind me of the lenochod yeah. maybe you could add some sort of bright design to the adult stage to make it stand out 😊

Female
1,512 posts

froot • 24 April 2020 at 3:15 AM

@silvershadow Ty for the suggestion and the feedback ❀️

Female
812 posts

totallynotjoey • 24 April 2020 at 9:23 AM

@shadowfaxe That is incredibly cute, I love love the size of it c: The concept is so adorable!

Female
1,512 posts

froot • 24 April 2020 at 9:26 AM

@totallynotjoey Ty hehe ❀️

Female
1,965 posts

chaotictreat • 24 April 2020 at 9:48 AM

@shadowfaxe
Aaaaaaa it's so cuteee I wanna hug it >~< ❀️
Like the detail in the description as well ^^
Pinging @zantago

Female
1,512 posts

froot • 24 April 2020 at 9:50 AM

@chaotictreat Ahh thank you!! Well, technically, you wouldn't be hugging it, more like cradling it in your hands but I guess that also classifies as a hug x)

Female
1,965 posts

chaotictreat • 24 April 2020 at 9:55 AM

@shadowfaxe
I reckon that counts as a hug πŸ˜‹ ❀️

Female
175 posts

zantago • 24 April 2020 at 5:59 PM

@shadowfaxe
Ahh gotta love sloths x) and I like how it only has one stage after hatching, its quite refreshing πŸ˜ƒ

*Little critique: in the description, when you say "While fragile looking, external force may cause death to the larvae.", maybe it's just the wording but that makes it sound like despite appearing weak and fragile, it actually is weak and fragile, if you know what I mean? Usually when you say something like that it'd be like "despite looking weak, they are actually deceptively strong" or "while looking tough, they are actually incredibly weak and skittish", like the looks can be deceiving idea :0 Maybe I misunderstood and in that case you can ignore this but otherwise I'd recommend fixing that x)

@/chaotictreat
Thanks for the ping! :>

Female
1,512 posts

froot • 25 April 2020 at 2:28 AM

@zantago Ty! I really appreciate the feedback ❀️ I'll fix that πŸ˜‹