Evolving, immortality, and level increase issues

in Problems & Bugs

Female
2,938 posts

heatherm19 • 11 October 2022 at 1:49 AM

I already sent a ticket, but I haven't seen anyone else mention it so I thought I'd ask. I currently have 3 different creatures who are supposedly immortal now, one I got notifications for yesterday and 2 today. But despite clearing cache and hard-refreshing multiple times the image hasn't changed to show level 20. There is also no immortal date where the stolen/hatched dates are. Has anyone else had anything become immortal in the past day or so that they can check to see if it's updated?

I'm also getting duplicate notifications about the same creature becoming immortal, sometimes hours apart.

Female
760 posts

okami • 11 October 2022 at 2:13 AM

I've been having similar issues for the past couple of weeks. Creatures take forever to update, usually a minimum of 3 hours and sometimes up to 12 hours for evolutions, immortalities, name changes, or background additions to show up. I've also cleared my cache several times and hard refreshed- nothing helps. Might just be the new norm for some users :/

I've also gotten 6 notifications in the past 2 hours about the same creature becoming immortal, but its still level 19 lol

1,216 posts

pet_cemetery • 11 October 2022 at 7:34 AM

@heatherm19

I'm having the same issues. My mortal creatures refuse to show the right level. I've gotten multiple notifications that Trendsetter is immortal but it's still showing lvl 15.

Edit- still getting immortalized notifications. Nothing has changed

Demifluid
1,508 posts

wonder404exe • 11 October 2022 at 9:30 AM

@heatherm19 KujakEggB the Kujak suppose to be immortal- its still 19lvl
'
Edit:
Your creature KujakEggB has become immortal and will not die. Congratulations on raising another creature successfully!
5:50 AM
Your creature KujakEggB has become immortal and will not die. Congratulations on raising another creature successfully!
10:08 AM

Female
2,938 posts

heatherm19 • 11 October 2022 at 12:16 PM

Omg, woke up to 50 new notifications, most of them duplicate immortal notifications! I have now gotten 12 separate notifications today alone for a single creature immortalizing (and still no image change). Goodness.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 11 October 2022 at 12:34 PM

@pet_cemetery Was thinking about you the past couple days wondering if it had been fixed. Sorry to hear it hasn't been. This is awful.

@heatherm19
And here I was just complaining about not knowing what stage my creatures were actually in because of the stage notifications, and image caching issues. (Hopefully I didn't just waste a freeze on one of my favorites.)
But this not knowing if creatures are safe from dying is even worse! I feel awful for all of you. (And getting multiple pings for the same creature, Yikes! 12 times for one creature! egads, it must be so confused. @bluewolf @wonder404exe ! )

Hopefully @Ian can find the cause of this and fix it quickly. ❤️

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 11 October 2022 at 1:04 PM

Yeppers.
I rebirthed & froze my Cloveater egg, and now everytime someone views, clicks or feeds him, I get the notification that he's immortal (which.... no. he has 8 views and 1 feed)

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 11 October 2022 at 2:03 PM

@prairie @snowywinter @heatherm19 @wonder404exe @pet_cemetery

These issues should now be fixed. Sorry for the duplicate immortal notifications. You're going to receive them one more time for the creature, then the issue is resolved.

Recache for updated, accurate images now.

Submit a ticket in case it's still happening for you. There was indeed a bug here. Should be fixed!

Thanks for playing! ❤️

Female
584 posts

xxcouchxx • 12 October 2022 at 8:58 AM

I am still having issues. Yesterday my Onabi reached 100 clicks and is still not hatched. My featured creature has been level 17 for 4 days now. A few other creatures should be evolved/immortal, but are not. Double notifications still happening.

Female
909 posts

icecream • 13 October 2022 at 7:17 PM

I think my creature's level is stuck as well.

Female
2,938 posts

heatherm19 • 14 October 2022 at 3:10 AM

@xxcouchxx Is the Onabi still showing as an egg for you? I just looked at your scroll and Sakurawhisper the Onabi is showing as 2nd stage for me.

@icecream Which creature seems to be off? (If it's your profile picture creature, he is showing level 20 for me)

Female
584 posts

xxcouchxx • 14 October 2022 at 3:43 PM

@heatherm19

Yes, Sakurawhisper evolved later that day after I posted that! My featured creature is still "not immortal."

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 14 October 2022 at 3:59 PM

@xxcouchxx
That would be because your featured creature (BubbleMullet) does not have enough stats to be immortal. There is no glitch there. If you received an immortialization notification for that creature then that was an error.

Female
175 posts

twilightshine • 14 October 2022 at 4:25 PM

I think it's still glitched. One of my Innus still hasn't evolved even though it should have about 12-ish hours ago.

Female
584 posts

xxcouchxx • 14 October 2022 at 4:37 PM

@Orderedchaos

Ok. Usually my featured creature gains 1-2 levels a day, and my Mull has been level 17 for 4-5 days. I will keep checking back.

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 14 October 2022 at 4:43 PM

@twilightshine
Could you please link to the creature in question?

And, as a general reminder, if you guys are having problems with a particular creature please post a link to it. That makes it so much easier to find and diagnose the problem. Just saying "my X" isn't super helpful.

Female
175 posts

twilightshine • 14 October 2022 at 4:46 PM

@Orderedchaos
Here:
Sorry for not linking the first time!
https://eggcave.com/egg/2427622

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 14 October 2022 at 4:49 PM

@twilightshine
I am currently seeing that creature in the correct stage (1st). Have you tried clearing your browser's cache or doing a hard refresh (ctrl+F5)? Please try one (or both) of those options then let me know if you are still seeing the creature as an egg.

Female
175 posts

twilightshine • 14 October 2022 at 4:51 PM

@Orderedchaos
That seems to have fixed it, thanks so much!

Female
2,938 posts

heatherm19 • 14 October 2022 at 6:09 PM

@Orderedchaos Do you think it might be helpful to add hard-refresh to the Player Guide "My creature is not evolving! Help!" question? Just from my experiences around here, sometimes clearing my cache doesn't work but hard-refresh does (which is strange, I'd think it'd be the other way around, but...).

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 18 October 2022 at 3:44 AM

I'll see how it goes, but I almost didn't pay attention as it's a creature i plan on auctioning off (extra from one i won.) but had the glitch happen to me for the first time in a noticeable way.
(It was said that the notice would happen one more time... well this is the first for me... so that's why I'm waiting.)

16th Oct
7:27 PM Your creature mico[redacted] has become immortal and will not die. Congratulations on raising another creature successfully!

18th Oct
3:12 AM Your creature mico[redacted] has evolved to stage 3!

(I'll include details in a ticket if it happens again.)

Female
2,938 posts

heatherm19 • 18 October 2022 at 11:54 PM

@snowywinter I'm not sure I understand what the problem is there? Did you get multiple of each of those notifications?

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 19 October 2022 at 12:01 AM

@heatherm19 If you pay attention to the dates, I essentially got the notification that it devolved? (Or that it wasn't actually Immortal in the first place?) It's the same creature.

So on the 16th it was in Stage 4,
then on the 18th it went back to Stage 3.

It's not a new creature like the Vampig... so one would think there shouldn't be issues there.

Female
2,938 posts

heatherm19 • 19 October 2022 at 12:06 AM

@snowywinter Unless I'm misunderstanding, that isn't a bug. Immortality is completely different than stages, for instance I've had multiple Clorgi *eggs* become immortal before even hatching! Immortal doesn't mean stage 4, it just means it's reached level 20, and levels are calculated differently than stages.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 19 October 2022 at 12:11 AM

@heatherm19

You're right.
I'm absolutely exhausted. (Probably going to bed in a few minutes. ...Usually I'm not heading there for another 8 to 12 hours lately.)

Cis Woman
163 posts

smartie2742 • 23 October 2022 at 12:30 PM

I actually came over here to see if anyone else was having similar problems. I haven't had any creatures become immortal yet, but none of my creatures levels are going up. They still evolve, but the levels have been the same for at least a month now (I returned after a long break so I don't actually know how long I've had this problem.) I would think by now at least one of them would have leveled up, given I have 19 in the click exchange during a time when everyone's using the click exchange, and I also get feeds every day. I have creatures with over 200+ views and 100+ feeds/clicks stuck at level 1. I would think those ones would have at least hit level 2 by now? I've tried clearing the cache and hard refreshing but all my mortals have still been at the same levels. (Idk about my immortals cuz I don't look at those often. But for sure my mortals.)

Female
760 posts

okami • 23 October 2022 at 1:33 PM

@smartie2742

I'm still having similar issues. I've had creatures become immortal, but their level doesn't update for at least 24 hours. When it comes to name changes/background changes/evolutions, my creatures are generally taking so long to show those changes now. I changed the name of my lyralopex 2 days ago, but it's still showing the old name. My stramyra evolved yesterday, but still shows its unevolved form. I also did a name change for a creature on my side, and the image finally updated 3 days later. These things aren't a huge deal, but it is annoying that I can't fix it despite clearing my cache numerous times and hard refreshing.

If you're just curious about knowing what your creatures level is, I find that the "Your Creatures" tab on the right-hand side shows accurate levels even if the images aren't updating.

25 posts

bunnywabbit • 29 October 2022 at 4:26 AM

Have the same issue. And the other levels don't count up either (not only the immortal creatures ones)

Female
909 posts

icecream • 30 October 2022 at 4:01 AM

I am having the same problem again. Even after hard refreshing my featured has been showing level 1 for me for a week now. https://eggcave.com/egg/2671973

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 30 October 2022 at 9:44 AM

@icecream
That is definitely odd as I have a lv 2 with half of those statistics. A hard refresh on my end still showed your critter as lv 1.

@bunnywabbit and @bluewolf
Can you two provide a few creature URLs to make it a little easier to reference any odd behaviour.