πŸŸπŸ¦‹πŸ’“Creature Suggestion: Pixices

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Female
915 posts

shirothekittehlover • 5 January 2023 at 2:58 AM

[NOTE TO THE EC ARTISTS: You can simplify the design if you want, but please do not change the egg's general design, remove the transparency of the baby stage, and the falling scales! Thank you! ❀️]

First creature suggestion of the year, isn't it? πŸ‘€
Anyways, meet the Pixices (pixie + pisces)! As you can tell from the etymology, it's a fairy-like fish creature, who acquired the title of "The River Faes" due to their appearance! ^^
I'm aiming to make this creature feel like it's fitting for February, aka Valentine's month! : D
Or if not, a simple monthly is also fine :>

Art (w/ background): https://www.deviantart.com/shirodrawz/art/Pixices-EggCave-creature-suggestion-943796183
Art (w/o background): https://ibb.co/Y36gSvX

About Pixices Eggs
These tiny eggs, even though they're coated in a pretty thick sparkling slimy cover, are very fragile. They're found sticking under the leaves of river plants in the bottom of rivers, but can also be found inside the water bodies of the Egg Cave. If you want to get one, you have to be really careful, or else it'll shatter within seconds!
As the species itself has just been recently discovered, The SARC has also recently informed that taking care of a Pixices egg is very difficult. The temperature, moisture, and air density must be regulated in order to keep it healthy.
Although, if you manage to take care of your Pixices egg perfectly, you'll be in for a surprise, as the egg then floats above the ground and glows slightly, while the slime cover slowly disappears and the scales inside falls of one by one like glitter....

About the Pixices Creature
A newly discovered fish-like species, this peculiar creature seems to be able to flutter in the air like a butterfly with its tail fins...... And breathe oxygen outside the water as well? Weird.
Since this creature's appearance is similar to that of a butterfly or a fairy, it has earned the title of "River Faes" amongst the residents of Ark.
As the species has just been researched recently, there has been speculations regarding how Pixici (plural form) function or where they come from, but recently, the SARC has discovered a few things about them.
The baby state's transparent body is filled with magical energy that supports its body, and as they apparently don't have great eyesight, they use their very sensitive antennae to detect the auras of various things to navigate through the world around them.
The adult stage now has scales covering its previously transparent body. It's antennas can now glow in the dark...... And apparently detect emotions as well as auras too? It seems like it has the ability to do a little bit of fairy magic now, which is something no other fish species currently discovered can do......
As a result, many Arkians have speculated that the Pixices actually originated from the Fairy World when some fairies visited Ark and accidentally left some of these creatures' eggs in the rivers along the way, and the research team has concluded that it'll probably help them discover more about the mythical world as well.......
Origin theories aside, it seems that the hatched stages seem to leave some vividly colored dust from their tail fins as they flutter in the sky. Nobody still knows what are made of nor what are they for, and theories have sprung from it, ranging from simple land fertilizers, one of the key ingredients to making a love potion, and all the way to a happiness-inducing drug. Whatever is it, said dust is still being intensely researched on by the SARC team currently.

#creaturesuggestion
#shiroscreatures

Deleted • 5 January 2023 at 3:43 AM

@shirothekittehlover omg I love it! I hope they make it so I can get one

Female
915 posts

Female
730 posts

lothar • 5 January 2023 at 6:39 AM

@shirothekittehlover
Nice! I used to see a fish combined with butterfly in another website game. And you combine pisces with pixie! It's more wonderful
Pixices is a colorful creature, for me I like the little fish stage very much it's so cute. The final stage is more shining and beautiful

Female
915 posts

shirothekittehlover • 5 January 2023 at 7:30 AM

@lothar
Thanks! ^^
Glad you love it : D

Pings:
@chaotictreat
@dragrawr
@dragonii
@distorted

Female
123 posts

moonflower • 5 January 2023 at 8:16 AM

@shirothekittehlover

*gasppp*

It's so pretty I love the baby stage!!! It's so cuuute

Female
915 posts

shirothekittehlover • 5 January 2023 at 9:16 AM

@moonflower
Thank you! ^u^
Glad you like it : D

Female
2,913 posts

heatherm19 • 5 January 2023 at 11:49 AM

CUUUUUTE!! Omg I want one! (or two, or a lot!) It's adorable and an awesome idea for a creature.

Female
1,285 posts

daisycat • 5 January 2023 at 1:43 PM

@shirothekittehlover
Gorgeous! The baby is extremely cute! I LOVE all the colors. The adult is just so beautiful, adorable lil face, the design on the fins is lovely, and so are the little scales coming off from them. Very sweet and whimsical fishy!

Female
915 posts

shirothekittehlover • 5 January 2023 at 6:54 PM

@heatherm19 @daisycat
Thank you both! ^^

Demifluid
1,500 posts

wonder404exe • 8 January 2023 at 1:31 PM

@shirothekittehlover
Ever heard of airborne fish?
Ha!
Oml the hatched stage is just gahhhhh so COOT?!?!

Female
915 posts

shirothekittehlover • 31 January 2023 at 7:45 AM

@wonder404exe
(Sry for late reply lol)
If you meant the flying fish, I honestly didn't even thought of it when I first made this creature, but I can see the connection here :0
Also, thank you!! ^^

@Ian
@ida92
@prairie

Female
2,391 posts

ida92 • 31 January 2023 at 8:14 AM

@shirothekittehlover Oooh it's super cute! I love the rainbow eyes! 😊 I would definitely like a couple of these. ^^

Female
915 posts

shirothekittehlover • 31 January 2023 at 8:46 AM

@ida92
Thank you! ^^

Female
38 posts

carsaphir • 2 February 2023 at 4:17 AM

@shirothekittehlover

It's so cute !

Female
915 posts

shirothekittehlover • 2 February 2023 at 4:18 AM

@carsaphir
Thank you!! ^^

Pings:
@dragonii
@dragrawr

Female
491 posts

icedragon3000 • 2 February 2023 at 6:49 AM

Such a pretty fishie. ❀️ I bet it has a shimmering color.^^

Cis Female
620 posts

armageddondoll • 2 February 2023 at 2:04 PM

@shirothekittehlover
Fairy fish!? Say less, this is adorable! Is the first stage a tiny? Because its been awhile since we've had a super cute tiny to chase after!

Pings:
@muppet
@kataclysm

Female
2,543 posts

dragrawr • 2 February 2023 at 2:21 PM

@shirothekittehlover LETS GOOO i love it !! It would be a pretty May creature πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸŒ·πŸŒΈ

Female
170 posts

muppet • 2 February 2023 at 2:33 PM

OMG!!! I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!!!

@sunfire103
@lunacharm1037
@megamisama90
@icedragon3000
@kiryko

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 2 February 2023 at 6:06 PM

I can confirm: we need this baby.

Female
915 posts

shirothekittehlover • 2 February 2023 at 6:27 PM

@icedragon3000
Petty much πŸ‘€

@armageddondoll
It is a tiny :>
I honestly really love that stage too ❀️

@dragrawr @muppet
Thank you!! ^^

@kataclysm
You're stating truth right there, friend πŸ‘

Female
909 posts

icecream • 2 February 2023 at 6:36 PM

@shirothekittehlover
It's really cute! I like the colors of the adult stage's eye and I like how small the baby stage is. We need more tiny creatures like the baby lemac, baby kacki, baby blobbart, etc!

Female
340 posts

fainne_24 • 2 February 2023 at 6:49 PM

Really Nice! Good luck with the suggestion 😊

1,558 posts

dragonii • 4 February 2023 at 12:52 AM

@shirothekittehlover thanks for the ping! ^^
I honestly love the design, and I'd love to have one in my cove. Also I love the creature description! and i hope it stays with the creature if it becomes an official creature.

Female
894 posts

murfijs • 4 February 2023 at 1:52 AM

@shirothekittehlover oooh it looks so good!

Non-binary
213 posts

kota • 6 February 2023 at 8:28 AM

Oh, I want one! Great name and color scheme.

Female
559 posts

pwuffy • 6 February 2023 at 8:39 AM

the face is so cute and i really like the color palette! very unique looking fishy, i love it πŸ˜ƒ

Male
2,327 posts

raitonchidori • 6 February 2023 at 9:41 AM

@shirothekittehlover I hope it's a cave common. Would be nice to collect them

Female
915 posts

shirothekittehlover • 7 February 2023 at 10:57 AM

@icecream
Agreed, the more tiny babies the merrier : D

@fainne_24 @murfijs @kota @pwuffy
Thank you!! ^^

@dragonii
Thanks, and I hope so too :>

@raitonchidori
A creature suggestion of mine becoming a cave common would be a seemingly impossible dream to achieve lol, but thanks anyway ^^