🪺 The Nest 🪺 — New Poll!

in General

Nestlings, which of these activities are you interested in the most?

Female
2,569 posts

dragrawr • 16 October 2023 at 7:50 PM

@valorieviolet I wish we could see when too !!

I’m worried one day the Balrog will show up in the cave and break my heart for spending 1k cc

Female
2,243 posts

ashlinnhi • 16 October 2023 at 9:34 PM

@dragrawr nice to meet you too! 😊

@matcha oh definitely get that, it can be tricky staying motivated and committed to learning languages because it’s always a long-term process! i grew up speaking mandarin so i’m pretty much fluent in conversational contexts (but am very poor with reading and writing…); also learned french throughout high school so i’m probably at limited conversational level for that. i can read and understand some japanese (hiragana and most katakana, various kanji) thanks to a year of learning in primary school, but mainly picking up words from anime and songs. same goes for korean where i’ve picked up vocabulary from korean music, which is also what motivated me to learn the alphabet!

i’ve been pretty bad at staying committed to languages (doesn’t help that i want to learn so many at once LOL) so i use duolingo from time to time, because even though it’s terribly tedious as an app, at least it keeps me doing something… lately i’ve been focusing more on korean through duolingo and also just picking a word or two from songs to learn each day! if you want to get into a language then i think even picking up a word per day is a great way to start — they’ll add up little by little and maybe even motivate you to learn more eventually 😊

sorry for the mini essay lol… i always end up typing so much when i get into these things 😭

Female
1,153 posts

valorieviolet • 16 October 2023 at 10:00 PM

@dragrawr

Imagine someone hacks EggCave and puts ALL the CSPs ever created in the Cave and Ian didn't notice until it was too late 👀

Male
95 posts

matcha • 16 October 2023 at 10:09 PM

@ashlinnhi Don't apologize! I enjoyed reading and glad you shared! Your story is motivating and starting with one word a day sounds like a great idea! 😊

My grandmother is Japanese and I know a little bit but really wish I was better at it, gonna try to start working at it again!

Female
2,569 posts

dragrawr • 16 October 2023 at 10:18 PM

@valorieviolet 👀👀 omg stawp

Ian would just take em all away kekek

Female
2,243 posts

ashlinnhi • 16 October 2023 at 11:20 PM

@matcha aw i’m glad to hear that! all the best with your language journey(s)!! ❤️ let me know how you go and of any words/characters you learn, i’d love to hear anytime! 😊

@valorieviolet now don’t go giving anyone any ideas… but anyway, like drag said, i’m sure it would be resolved fairly even if it took a while to be found out

Female
2,001 posts

chaotictreat • 21 October 2023 at 12:03 AM

I would love to enter Back From the Dead for my sento ❤️

I was really into Eggcave when I joined and I worked very hard on my cove and had many creatures I was very proud of. It was very difficult for me to obtain cc at the time as a f2p user with not much time on my hands, so CSPs were especially difficult for me to obtain and it was a rare novelty for me to be able to buy a monthly myself. One of the times I managed this was when I saved up and managed to buy a sento on my birthday as a present for myself. I really liked it at the time and thought it was adorable, and I still quite like the design now, although now I prefer the last stage. (However, it is less the aesthetic appeal and more the strong connection and emotional attachment I have with this creature that makes me want it back.)

Unfortunately, I went on an unplanned two-year-long (or so) hiatus, and nearly all of my treasured and beloved creatures died. When I came back last year I was devastated to realise the full extent of the tragedy (the Great Deathening, I call it), and I still find it very difficult looking through my graveyard or being reminded of any of my old creatures in normal play, especially when many of them can never be revived under the same name (rip all my first cave commons' names). One of the creatures that died is, unfortunately, my sento. I'm very much hoping I can revive her, hopefully with her original name, and be reunited with at least one of my old friends whom I have greatly missed.

Proof: https://ibb.co/qCkz1ZP

133 posts

nest • 21 October 2023 at 10:44 AM

💎˚⋆°₊⟡⁺⋆💀
𝕭ᴀᴄᴋ 𝔣𝔯𝔬𝔪 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝕯ᴇᴀᴅ
ʀᴇᴠɪᴠᴇᴅ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇsᴛ

Update for October 23, 2023: Entries for this event are now closed. Winners will be drawn and announced within the next few days. Thank you!

As a friendly reminder, the deadline for the Back from the Dead event is tomorrow, Sunday, October 22nd, at 11:59 PM ECT.

Do you have dead creatures? Would you like to bring one of them back to life? Enter the Back from the Dead event to win 200 CC for a Resurrection Stone! There will be five (5) winners.

Please read the recent guild PM to learn how to enter.

Entries for this event are listed in this post.

Update for October 23, 2023: Entries for this event are now closed. Winners will be drawn and announced within the next few days. Thank you!

———————

The Nest remains on an indefinite hiatus but may be popping in intermittently with occasional activities.

133 posts

nest • 23 October 2023 at 8:43 PM

💎˚⋆°₊⟡⁺⋆💀
𝕭ᴀᴄᴋ 𝔣𝔯𝔬𝔪 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝕯ᴇᴀᴅ
ʀᴇᴠɪᴠᴇᴅ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇsᴛ

Congratulations to Our Winners!

You have each won 200 CC to revive your creature of choice.

Winners, please feel free to post on this topic when your pet has been revived so fellow Nestlings can welcome them back into Ark! You have also received a message with the code for your Back from the Dead badge to place on your newly revived creature's profile and / or elsewhere.

———————

W I N N E R S

@zoruna is reviving a Bubblynx!
@dragrawr is reviving a Kittynk!
@matcha is reviving a Palavas!
@twinkle is reviving a Kappice!
@ahgirltc is reviving a Glutearat!
@ashlinnhi is reviving a Cumula!
@valorieviolet is reviving a Garo!
@chaotictreat is reviving a Sento!

That's right! Since there weren't too many entries, it has been decided that everyone is a winner for this event. Enjoy and thank you for participating!

———————

The Nest remains on an indefinite hiatus but may be popping in intermittently with occasional activities.

Female
1,323 posts

twinkle • 23 October 2023 at 9:05 PM

@nest Thank you for the opportunity! 😊 ❤️
Welcoming Kappo the Kappice that has come back to life 🥚
I have sent the transfer request to the guild to receive him as a future contest prize as I had previously mentioned to donate him for a future contest/giveaway :>

Female
1,153 posts

valorieviolet • 23 October 2023 at 9:08 PM

*A newly awakened Garovelli eagerly claws his way out of the Earth's thick topsoil, excited to cause mischief once more*

I'm actually surprised there weren't more entries for this! Regardless, I'm super thankful and happy that I have one less creature in my graveyard 😋

Thank you so much for this opportunity, Nest ❤️ & congrats to everyone else!! I'm glad that everyone who entered got to revive their creature!

Female
2,001 posts

chaotictreat • 23 October 2023 at 11:48 PM

She's back!!!
I actually noticed some things after reviving her, the first being that she died a single feed off of hatching, so she's newly hatched now too!! Also it appears that the cc I used to buy her originally may have been a gift from @/spectrum judging by the description, which is very nice of them and I'm a bit ashamed I forgot haha. I'm so glad she's back with me again (and not rotting in the grave 😭) ❤️
Thank you so much Nest, giving every entrant the opportunity to revive a creature is so generous! And welcome back to Kappo and Garovelli ❤️

Male
95 posts

matcha • 24 October 2023 at 12:09 AM

My cove just got a bit sweeter! Thank you!

Female
2,243 posts

ashlinnhi • 24 October 2023 at 2:05 AM

omg thank you so much, that’s so kind of you @ nest to send the prize out to everyone! welcome back to all the creatures revived so far! i’ve got a busy day today so i’ll be reviving mine later tonight 💜💜

Female
2,569 posts

dragrawr • 24 October 2023 at 3:38 AM

My beloved Kittynk is back !!!! Such a sweet boy. Had such a cringe elementary school-type description from me… had to clean that up real quick loool 🥲🥲💕💕

Bigender
74 posts

zoruna • 24 October 2023 at 4:48 PM

Oh I just logged in and I just saw I won I'm so happy, thank you so much ;^; ♥
Bubuluss was able to come back thanks to you. This time, he will not die again, protected by Valka's leaf. Thanks everyone ♥
https://eggcave.com/egg/2762577

Non-binary
1,451 posts

provo7demons • 25 October 2023 at 11:01 AM

🪺 Nestling Application • @nest 🪺
Hi, please call me: Provo or Starlight!
My pronouns are: they/them
Favorite creature: I'd have to say the Snainle!
Hobbies / interests: listening to and making music, marching band, knitting!
What interests me most about Nest: I'd love to be part of a community and get to make some new friends 😊 I'm happy to host some contests as well!
Choose an emoji to represent yourself: 🐌
Choose a color from this page: Turquoise!
Favorite items or types of items (optional): any travels 😃
Birthday (optional; year optional): April 7!

133 posts

nest • 4 November 2023 at 4:45 PM

ɪ ɢᴀᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴀɴᴋs ———
T h a n k - a - T h o n
———— ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇsᴛ

Introducing the Nest's Thank-a-Thon 2023!

Join in with your fellow Nestlings and show your gratitude! Doing so will not only give you a chance to win 200 CC, but it will also spread joy! More details in the Nest PM.

How Do I Participate in the Thank-a-Thon?

Post below one or multiple things that you are thankful for and why. This could be related to Egg Cave or real life. This could be something you're always thankful for or something you're thankful for that happened this year. There are optional prompts below and in the Nest's recent Guild Forum post that you are welcome to use, if desired. Your post will count as your raffle ticket (one ticket per person).

When is the Deadline for the Thank-a-Thon?

The deadline to submit your post is Monday, November 20th, at 11:59 PM ECT. The winner of the 200 CC raffle will be announced sometime after.

Thank-a-Thon Optional Prompts

I am thankful for Egg Cave because _________.
I am thankful for @TypeSomeonesUsername because _________.
I am thankful for my pet because _________.
I am thankful for my parents because _________.
I am thankful for my friends because _________.
I am thankful for (the user above me) because _________.

Disclaimer: The raffle portion of this event is for guild members only (just as all of the Nest's events have been).

Thank-a-Thon Participants

This list will be updated periodically. If you participated and do not see your username listed by Tuesday, November 21st, please contact Nest.

Bigender
74 posts

zoruna • 4 November 2023 at 4:52 PM

I am grateful to my friends and my mother for all the support they give me on a daily basis, whether in good times or bad. I also thank them for their encouragement which allowed me to remain determined and to validate my driving test, which allows me to move on to the second stage, that is to say driving. Having them on a daily basis is a real support, especially since I am a very stressed person, so thank you to them ♥

Female
2,569 posts

dragrawr • 4 November 2023 at 5:09 PM

I am so grateful to the eggcave community because it made me more confident in my art and I want to especially thank @thedarkarcher for being so supportive and lovely over the years of us knowing each other. It means a lot to me to still be able to talk to her

I love eggcave so much 😭💕💕

Female
811 posts

natureluvr • 4 November 2023 at 5:23 PM

Hi, please call me: nature or natureluvr works for me!
My pronouns are: she/her
Favorite creature: Leoaquar
Hobbies / interests: Playing pet collectible games and listening to scambait streams
What interests me most about Nest: I like joining clubs and groups in different games to have people I can actively hang out with while I'm playing and people I can talk to about things related to the game!
Choose an emoji to represent yourself: I have to pick this one because I use it the most out of anything: 😂
Choose a color from this page: DarkViolet
Favorite items or types of items (optional): I pretty much use all my items for questing but I also like to use the backgrounds on some of my pets!
Birthday (optional; year optional): February 15, the day after Valentine's Day!

Thanks so much for reading and considering my application!

Female
44 posts

wizardsage • 4 November 2023 at 5:50 PM

Hi, please call me: sage

My pronouns are: she/her

Favorite creature: The tawny, but I haven't seen them all.

Hobbies / interests: I play piano, crochet, and play some sports. Not very well, but they're fun to do.

What interests me most about Nest: The community. I love having people to talk to and it seems like a lot of the players I thought were nice, and were kind and helpful are in the nest so I thought it must be worthwhile to join.

Choose an emoji to represent yourself: 🌵

Choose a color from this page: Definitely Aquamarine, it's so peaceful.
Favorite items or types of items (optional): Something useful. I don't really enjoy dressups. I dream of a leaf of Vaka it's very practical.

Birthday (optional; year optional): Nov 13.

Female
811 posts

natureluvr • 4 November 2023 at 6:32 PM

I am very very thankful for @kataclysm because she was supportive of me and helped me immensely when I was really struggling and needed a friend.

I am also thankful for @twinkle because she is always super sweet and just an absolute ray of sunshine wherever she goes.

Trans Male
100 posts

toebeans • 4 November 2023 at 6:39 PM

I am thankful for EggCave, @jobemiester and my doggo. EggCave helped distract me from my mental health long enough to recover and people here convinced me that maybe living isn't as bad as I thought. My dog sat there all sweet and calm waiting for me to recover and is still here today, still being all sweet and calm. Vivs (Jobe) is my partner and we've been together almost 8 months and I love them so much and we support each other always ❤️ ❤️

I'm sorry that this one is long but I owe a lot to these three ❤️

Demigirl
1 post

jobemiester • 4 November 2023 at 6:52 PM

I am thankful for my hubby (@toebeans), my siblings, and my games. whenever i feel sad, i typically go to these things to get my spirits up and they help me out so much. Mothy (toebeans) specifically makes me feel safe whenever I am with him and that's not a title too many people hold.

Demifluid
1,510 posts

wonder404exe • 4 November 2023 at 7:10 PM

"Im thankful for my family~
Im thankful for my friends~
Im thankful for the things i have
the thankfuls never end~"
-cocomelon

Im thankful for @ian for making a such addictive game with amazing art

2,006 posts

opalquinze • 4 November 2023 at 8:16 PM

i'm thankful for the EC community (especially the Nest!) for appreciating my art! i'll admit there isn't much (since i haven't been drawing a lot), but hopefully i'll get more out whenever possible!

Female
936 posts

shirothekittehlover • 4 November 2023 at 9:33 PM

I'm thankful for the ECommunity for the endless support they gave to me and my sweet pets for keeping me company 💕💕
Love y'all ❤️ /p

Female
44 posts

wizardsage • 5 November 2023 at 9:40 AM

I am thankful for all the communities I'm part and for my friends and family. I'm thankful for @christine13531 because she helped me get one of my dream pets. I'm also thankful for all the other pet sites, even ones I decided I didn't like, for being such wonderful places to find a community.

Female
1,313 posts

daisycat • 5 November 2023 at 11:28 AM

I am 𝒯𝒽𝒶𝓃𝓀𝒻𝓊𝓁 for...

♥︎ My mom, for being so funny, smart, creative, and practical; for being the best cook ever, best seamstress ever, best knitter ever; for giving me an innate creative mind and artistic ability that I expanded on and into my own as I got older.

♥︎ My dad and my two brothers; my dad, for being so wise and able to build or fix anything; for his humor; my brothers, for being kind, smart, funny, and so talented.

♥︎ My Mildred for being the absolute best kitty I could ever have; for being so sweet, friendly, gentle, docile, well-behaved, and soooo hilarious; for being there with me throughout life for nine years; for being the best little furry friend in the world; for always cheering me up and comforting me.

♥︎ @matcha for being, genuinely, the sweetest, calmest, most patient partner; for how well we get along, for how similar we are, and yet we complement each other with our differences; for playing Egg Cave with me and actually getting into it; for being so supportive no matter what; for being selfless and empathetic; for being so funny, humble, and sensible; I admire your intelligence and the way your brain works.

♥︎ @okami for being my bestest egg buddy! I'm grateful for how sensible, helpful, and considerate you are. You are a very genuine person and I'm glad I can message you with absolutely anything. I admire your knowledge about many different types of animals and how humble and caring you are.

♥︎ @twinkle for being my bestest egg buddy! I'm grateful for how helpful, creative, and hard-working you are. You are such a giving person and you bring joy to this website. I'm happy that I can talk to you about anything. I admire your knowledge about so many different medical topics and all of your fun creature profiles.

(I am not participating in the raffle.)