๐Ÿชบ The Nest ๐Ÿชบ โ€” New Poll!

in General

Nestlings, which of these activities are you interested in the most?

133 posts

nest • 3 July 2023 at 12:31 AM

โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€” Bird Bath Builder Results โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”

This contest involved designing a bird bath and creating a technical drawing of it!

A technical drawing is "the act and discipline of composing drawings that visually communicate how something functions or is constructed." While it can be creative, it is not an artistic drawing.

"The need for precise communication in the preparation of a functional document distinguishes technical drawing from the expressive drawing of the visual arts. Artistic drawings are subjectively interpreted; their meanings are multiply determined. Technical drawings are understood to have one intended meaning."

Noted on your image should be what material(s) your bath is made from, any special features it has, and a name.

Bird Bath Example Image:
https://ibb.co/G3xbSJY

โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”

Nestlings, two (2) entries were received for the Bird Bath Builder contest.

That means that the two entries automatically win!

โš’๏ธโ›ฒ๐Ÿ’ฆ
๐๐ข๐ซ๐ ๐๐š๐ญ๐ก ๐๐ฎ๐ข๐ฅ๐๐ž๐ซ
1st Place โ€ข July 2023
@dragrawr & @nut

Congratulations, Dragrawr and Nut!

The Sweet Nectar Bath
Designed by @dragrawr
https://ibb.co/1TLVwBk

โ€œThe Sweet Nectar Bath is a serene get away for birds of any color. A paradise for all!โ€

Deluxe Yuzu Soak
Designed by @nut
https://ibb.co/T8v4dnz

"Reinvigorate tired wings and rumpled feathers at the Deluxe Yuzu Soak! Located at the base of the Volcano, our one-of-a-kind birdbath is a mud bath, hot spring, and sauna all in one. Detox with a soak in mineral-rich volcanic mud before rinsing off in crystal clear Neton Mountain spring water. Dip your beak into the yuzu-infused hot spring, utilizing the sloped bottom for a gentle entry into warm waters. Lastly, relax on perches crafted from ethically reclaimed Trenka wood in our sauna as geothermal vents dry your feathers. Youโ€™ll be a brand new bird in no time!"

Female
54 posts

sunduck • 3 July 2023 at 1:20 AM

I absolutely adore the birdbath blueprints. Both entries are crazy creative and truly deserve to split all 3 prizes. Congratulations, you guys. You can tell a lot of thought and work were put into your entries and I love them. โค๏ธ

@dragrawr @nut

Female
2,564 posts

dragrawr • 3 July 2023 at 1:21 AM

@sunduck aaa thank you so much !! Iโ€™m so honored and Iโ€™m glad you like it

Dude, @nut youโ€™re bird bath is like my dream bath oh my gosh ๐ŸŒธ๐Ÿ™

Female
935 posts

shirothekittehlover • 3 July 2023 at 3:42 AM

Congrats, @dragrawr and @nut! You guys deserve it ^^

736 posts

nut • 3 July 2023 at 8:48 AM

@dragrawr your bath is adorable and so whimsical!! the flower shape & parts are so creative and the fairy light vines are def my favorite feature.

dang guys, I was looking forward to seeing more entries for this xD it was honestly so fun especially as an art-challenged person.

next contest everyone better participate!!

133 posts

nest • 4 July 2023 at 9:02 AM

๐Ÿงจแด›สœแด‡ ษดแด‡sแด› โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”
FIREQUACKER FLIGHT
ษช แดแด€แด…แด‡ แด€ ส™สŸแด€sแด› แด€แด› แด›สœแด‡ ษดแด‡sแด›
โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€” 2O23๐Ÿ’ฅ

Nestlings, the Firequacker Flight results are in!

Yep, I definitely heard an explosion...

The Firequacker Flight number is 247!

๐Ÿงจา“ษชส€sแด› แด˜สŸแด€แด„แด‡ โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”
FIREQUACKER FLIGHT
@mitch
Mitch guessed 243!

๐Ÿงจsแด‡แด„แดษดแด… แด˜สŸแด€แด„แด‡ โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”
FIREQUACKER FLIGHT
@sodabearjess
Sodabearjess guessed 256!

๐Ÿงจแด›สœษชส€แด… แด˜สŸแด€แด„แด‡ โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”
FIREQUACKER FLIGHT
@ahgirltc
Luviein guessed 257!

Thank you to everyone who participated!

For transparency: https://ibb.co/Fg0D5Hf

Female
935 posts

shirothekittehlover • 4 July 2023 at 9:58 AM

Congrats!! ^^

Male
85 posts

mitch • 4 July 2023 at 11:49 AM

Did not expect to log in and see this...that was one extremely lucky guess XD

133 posts

nest • 5 July 2023 at 12:00 AM

๐Ÿšจ IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ๐Ÿšจ

Hello Nestlings!

In the upcoming weeks, the Nest may experience a break or indefinite hiatus. Future contests, activities, and events may be on hold, rescheduled, or cancelled due to this hiatus.* Events and activities such as the Wishing Wall, Free Bird Bundle, and Birthday Messages should remain until more information is obtained.

It is unknown at this time when the hiatus may begin. Additionally, once the Nest goes on hiatus, it is unknown when it will resume its regular activities. Any new information will be communicated via the Nest PM.

During this time, no actions are required from any Nestlings. All Nestling memberships will remain valid. You can simply enjoy Egg Cave as you normally would without the guild. If you would ever like to leave the guild, please follow these simple steps.

*Our current contest is not affected and will carry out as it normally would.

Thank you for understanding! ๐Ÿ˜Š

If you'd like to know why the Nest is expecting an indefinite hiatus, please click here and read from the bottom up.

Female
54 posts

sunduck • 8 July 2023 at 1:40 PM

Oh these stories are hilarious. I'm honestly trying to decide between Slip n Slide and Ricotta Recarta ahahaha. Both seem so relatable to me.

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 8 July 2023 at 3:11 PM

These stories are hilarious ๐Ÿ˜‚

Female
2,564 posts

dragrawr • 8 July 2023 at 5:49 PM

Thank you all who donated CC!

Female
935 posts

shirothekittehlover • 8 July 2023 at 7:33 PM

All these stories are hilarious... Currently trying to decide between Wait, A Banana (that one's super relatable) and Silent Night rn xD

Also, thank you kind donators! ^^

133 posts

nest • 9 July 2023 at 12:34 PM

๐Ÿค๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿฃ
Free Bird Bundle Winner

Hello Nestlings!

A random Nestling has been selected to receive 20 free items!

@thedarkarcher

Congratulations, Sophie! Please offer one item on the Free Bird Bundle.
The item you offer will be kept as a donation.

Free Bird Bundle winners are chosen via ohmyluck.com/raffle-generator
Previous Winners:
kiwimagno, distorted, lunacharm1037, sodabearjess, pastelrabbit, vivian, awesomesaucethegreat, frosting, ahgirltc, hfjone, wonder404exe, levine, xxcouchxx, shirothekittehlover, nut, froot

133 posts

nest • 10 July 2023 at 9:06 AM

๐ŸŽ‚ Happy Birthday, Pastel! ๐ŸŽ‚

July 10th is @pastelrabbit's birthday!

Feel free to wish Pastel a Happy Birthday or send a birthday gift!

Pastel's favorite types of items are plushies and cute pastries. Some items she collects are Moth Sized Coffees, Doovoo Dolls, Smitten S'mores, and Cinnamon Rolls.

๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿฅณ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽŠ

736 posts

nut • 10 July 2023 at 9:03 PM

@pastelrabbit happy birthday!! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 11 July 2023 at 4:32 AM

Happy birthday, @pastelrabbit! I hope you had a good day! โค๏ธ

Female
178 posts

pastelrabbit • 11 July 2023 at 8:33 AM

Thank you to everyone who wished my a happy birthday! Have a great day everyone!

65 posts

pinkhanni • 11 July 2023 at 6:32 PM

this is so cute! im sad i just missed out on being able to apply โ˜น๏ธ!! but itโ€™s for such an awesome reason!!! i remember actually reading daisycatโ€™s update was one of the first things i did when i first joined eggcave! not on purpose, her profile was just one of the first ones i came across haha

Female
1,313 posts

daisycat • 12 July 2023 at 10:38 AM

@pinkhanni
Aww, thank you!! I really appreciate your sweet words and interest in the guild! Nest may be accepting new members in the future when things get settled and the guild's activities are regularly scheduled again. ๐Ÿ˜Š

65 posts

pinkhanni • 12 July 2023 at 6:32 PM

@daisycat i hope so!! ๐Ÿคž congrats again and hopefully you settle into your new job quickly & very well!! (iโ€™m sure you will) ๐Ÿฆ„

133 posts

nest • 14 July 2023 at 12:25 AM

๐ŸŽ‚ Happy Birthday, SparkleFox! ๐ŸŽ‚

July 14th is @sparklefox's birthday!

Feel free to wish SparkleFox a Happy Birthday or send a birthday gift!

SparkleFox's favorite items are travels of all kinds.

๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿฅณ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽŠ

Male
95 posts

matcha • 14 July 2023 at 10:10 AM

Happy birthday @sparklefox !

133 posts

nest • 14 July 2023 at 10:10 AM

โ€”โ€”Embarrassing Expert Contestโ€”โ€”

Nestlings were asked to share an embarrassing experience.
Scroll below to read their stories that turned humiliation into hilarity!

โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”๐Ÿทsแด› แด˜สŸแด€แด„แด‡โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”
๐Ÿ˜ณ Embarrassing Expert ๐Ÿ˜…
ษช แด‡แดส™แด€ส€ส€แด€ssแด‡แด… แดสsแด‡สŸา“ แด€แด› แด›สœแด‡ ษดแด‡sแด›
@kataclysm

"Slip N' Slide"
Congratulations, Katie!

โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”๐Ÿธษดแด… แด˜สŸแด€แด„แด‡โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”
@mastergemma

"Silent Night"
Congratulations, Gemma!

โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”๐Ÿนส€แด… แด˜สŸแด€แด„แด‡โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”
@thedarkarcher

"A Not So Deep Dive"
Congratulations, Sophie!

โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”ส€แดœษดษดแด‡ส€ แดœแด˜โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”
Alphabetical Order
@astralrebel @daisycat @opalquinze

โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”โ€”

๐Ÿฉฒ
First Place - Slip N' Slide
Experienced by @kataclysm

Alright, this one occured about four years ago, and I still bear the nickname Slip N' Slide for my troubles. I was living in a remote cottage in the countryside, entertaining a visit from some family members. I'm a bit of a homebody and an introvert, so there definitely came a point when I was simply looking forward to them taking their leave. By the time they did eventually decide to pack up and head out, I saw them out the door and waited precisely 3 seconds before I threw off my pants, whipped off my bra, and threw myself onto the sofa to resume relaxing, unwinding, and processing the social visit.

At this point, I ought to let you know that the living room of the house was the room through which a person exited. The front door was right there, so if you were to come inside, you came straight into the lounge. Whilst in pantless peace, I hear the sound that absolutely no one wants to hear. The door is opening. Someone is coming back and I'm still on the sofa, pantless. So I do what any sensible person would do, and I jump up and run for the door. Except, the living room has an open doorway - no door to shut - and leads onto a corridor. The smooth tiles underfoot are always so cold, I'd decided to throw a rug down a few days before. As I'm running to the bathroom, just around the corner, the rug slips out from beneath my feet and I go down like a bag of bricks.

My leg strikes the wall. Something breaks. My stomach makes the most cringe-inducing clap on the hard tile floor. My chin cracks off the ground. The family member coming through the door can definitely see me, but pretends they don't, continues to fuss with the door. I drag myself like a wounded animal down the hallway, towards the bathroom, and pull myself inside. As I lean against the door, I feel bones crunching in my foot. I'll learn later that I've broken bones, but right now all that matters is thinking I've gotten away with a smooth escape.

"Are you okay?" Comes the voice of my relative through the door.
"Yeah!" I cry back, knowing that the shake in my voice is impossible to miss.

But they accepted my answer, and they got what they'd forgotten and went on their way. I remained in the bathroom, assessing the broken bones in my foot and eventually hobbling back into the lounge, where I would sit in shock for an hour before I realised that a blanket had been sitting on the sofa beside me all along. How embarrassing.

๐ŸŒฌ๏ธ
Second Place - Silent Night
Experienced by @mastergemma

It was around 15 years ago my father took my sisters and I shopping. It close to Christmas so the shops were quite crowded. In the middle of a crowd, my father let off a silent but deadly fart and the crowd dispersed very quickly away from the smelly epicentre, leaving a very obvious circle.

My sisters and I continued walking horrified away as quickly as we could because we knew what had happened.

You'll never forget the horrors of your father's farts

๐ŸŒŠ
Third Place - A Not So Deep Dive
Experienced by @thedarkarcher

So I was learning to swim with my class back in primary school when we had to do a dive into the water. Only I really stuck at jumping so when I attempted to do the jump I ended up hitting my bum on the handle bar on my way down. I ended going under the water for a while and had to be rescued by the instructor with this massive pole. He then guided me across the pool with this pole So my whole class is watching me get rescued. The reaction after i was pulled out was just pure laughter and people asking if I hit my bum. I think I said at the time it was my back but everyone knew. At the time I was absolutely mortified and even missed a couple of classes, now I just find it hilarious that it happened ๐Ÿ˜‚.

๐ŸšŒ
School Trip
Experienced by @astralrebel

When I was in the 6th grade my mom dropped me off at school each morning. This was a day just like any other, except this time I was in a hurry. While speed walking down the sidewalk I tripped on a crack, fell face first, and landed on my hands and knees. Before I could even process what had happened I popped back up on my feet and continued walking, ignoring snickering onlookers and my painful scrapped knee. In my head the nonchalant recovery looked so cool. Just like eleven-year-old me's favorite fictional character, Lizzie McGuire. Talk about main character syndrome!

๐ŸŒ
Wait, a Banana?
Experienced by @opalquinze

the most embarrassing thing that i can recall was when both me and my sis thought our aunt said โ€œbananaโ€ instead of โ€œnecklaceโ€ in our native language as she wanted to dress our grandma up for dinner. we both got so confused and my sis said, โ€œwait, why does grandma need a banana?โ€ of course, my aunt had to correct both of us and i couldnโ€™t stop laughing at how similar both โ€œbananaโ€ and โ€œnecklaceโ€ sounded! i kept laughing throughout dinner and to this day, i still think of that memory as the funniest mishearing ever!

๐Ÿ›’
Ricotta Ricarta
Experienced by @daisycat

Time: Several months ago

I grabbed a small shopping cart to push my groceries. I preferred the smaller, double-decker style and I wasn't buying a ton.

Lasagna was on my menu plan, which I make but not frequently. Last thing I needed was ricotta cheese. When I'm looking for something that I don't often buy, I like to leave my cart out of the way to get a more "free feeling" looking for the item. In the cold corner, I see sour cream and cottage cheese tubs... and scan every row for ricotta cheese... nothing.

So, I grab my cart and start pushing it into the length of the cheese aisle โ€” it's looong, nearly the whole store. I am up against the right side of the aisle, hands clasped on my cart, slowly pushing, one small step at a time, while my head is turned to the right the whole time, scanning every. square. inch. of the refrigerators, top to bottom, left to right, taking my time so as to not miss it.

Finally, I get to the end of the aisle. Ah-ha! Ricotta! Stop my cart, open fridge, grab ricotta, close fridge, and when I go to put it in my cart, I stop... and say out loud to myself, "...this isn't my cart." It was a large, standard-sized cart with two items in it (vs small double-decker with several groceries). Peripherally, I noticed there was a man standing ~5ft. in front of me. I'm like, how did his cart get here, why is it so close to me. All this happens in two seconds. I immediately turn around to walk back down the aisle.

I'm walking alllll the way back down the aisle to the corner where I was before. There's two women near my cart, looking at it. I think to myself, "What are they doing...?" I kept walking, and they were still standing there, slowly taking steps forward, as they literally peered into my cart (?). I was almost there, I thought, "Go away...! That's my cart!"

The one woman walked away, but the second was still lingering?! I slightly furrow my brow in question because I'm really confused. I pass her, and right as I get to my cart, she finally takes some steps away and says out loud, to no one in particular (?), "Where's my cart?" I heard what she said, but it didn't register because I was checking my list.

"Where's my cart...?" the woman says again, while I peripherally notice her looking around. I look up, she looks super confused. I look back down at my phone. My cogs started to turn. Then, a man ~12ft. away, says loudly, "Babe, are you coming?!?" and she replies with delayed speech while looking around, "...yeah... I'm... I'm just... trying to find... my cart... I don't know where it went..." That's when it hit me. I look up and immediately, straight-faced, plainly say to the woman, "I took your cart." She looks at me, smiles, and kinda laughs. I tell her, with a slight chuckle, "I'm so zoned out right now." I look back down at my phone (!?). She says, "I... don't know where it went," as she continues looking around. I didn't tell her where I put it (?!?). I didn't tell her where I pushed it to!!! That WHOLE time from the corner ALLLLLL THE WAY DOWN THE AISLE, Taking my time, slowly pushing HER CART! I didn't apologize!? I didn't retrieve it?! I didn't tell her where it was!? It was so unbelievably opposite of me. I just beelined to check out then to my car...!?

We hope you enjoyed this contest and these stories!

Female
1,313 posts

daisycat • 14 July 2023 at 10:15 AM

Thank you to all contest participants!! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Just wanted to let everyone know, if I placed in the contest, I would have given my spot to whoever was next in line. I wasn't trying to take any prizes. I just really wanted to participate in a contest before I potentially close the guild.

That said, hope this doesn't sound bad, but I really thought I'd place higher lol (maybe that's everyone's thought when they join a contest?). I still can't believe I actually did that whole cart thing. ^^'

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 14 July 2023 at 6:43 PM

๐Ÿ˜‚ I'm glad my ridiculous experience amused you all

736 posts

nut • 14 July 2023 at 6:49 PM

all the stories were so amusing to read lol, congrats to the winners!!

best of luck @daisycat with your exciting life changes, secretly hoping the nest doesnโ€™t have to close though ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผthank you for all the fun activities and community that you have created!!

133 posts

nest • 16 July 2023 at 12:44 PM

๐Ÿค๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿฃ
Free Bird Bundle Winner

Hello Nestlings!

A random Nestling has been selected to receive 20 free items!

@bunnyshadow

Congratulations, Bunny! Please offer one item on the Free Bird Bundle.
The item you offer will be kept as a donation.

Free Bird Bundle winners are chosen via ohmyluck.com/raffle-generator
Previous Winners:
kiwimagno, distorted, lunacharm1037, sodabearjess, pastelrabbit, vivian, awesomesaucethegreat, frosting, ahgirltc, hfjone, wonder404exe, levine, xxcouchxx, shirothekittehlover, nut, froot, thedarkarcher

Female
1,313 posts

daisycat • 16 July 2023 at 12:45 PM

@nut
Thank you Nut, I really appreciate that!! โค๏ธ

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 16 July 2023 at 1:09 PM

@nest Thank you very much! ๐Ÿ’•