More Plots please 🥺

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Plots?

Female
2,554 posts

dragrawr • 29 May 2023 at 1:07 PM

@snowywinter see THIS would be so so fun!! I know it’s hard to make games/events coding wise but it would make eggcave so much fun and probably attract a ton of players!

@daisycat I don’t remember that well what the asteroid event had, but one of them was I think a sort of mining? And there was dialogue between a few scientists and there was a queen pastero-pasteroite—?? Creature. I don’t remember what EXACTLY happened but we got event stuff like travels and other items and creatures. (How I got literally all of my asteroid creatures)

I think the plot was a meteor crash landed and we could approach it every 30 minutes of something and investigated it ? It was so long ago lol

Female
1,306 posts

daisycat • 29 May 2023 at 2:02 PM

@dragrawr
Very neat, thank you for describing it for me!

I've just been curious how involved, detailed, or immersive the plots could be, given the nature of the website. 😊 Really looking forward to one, hopefully it'll happen during my time on Egg Cave!

Female
3,806 posts

sparklefox • 29 May 2023 at 2:42 PM

@daisycat - Not sure if some of these count as plots...

Halloween 2009:
I couldn't participate in this much since I was just a kid with only so much computer time, but what I can remember is going around pages searching for hints to figure out the Ghosty's riddle. There's only one that stuck in my head - hovering over the stop sign in Ark City would make a text box appear saying "STOP... in the name of love..." or whatever, and you clicked it to go to another page. (I think... or that might've been another event.)
The answer to the riddle ended up being "Balrogipuwet", and that was our prize. Unfortunately I was a really stupid kid and never ended up getting one.
EDIT: Small correction - we were looking for eggs, not hints. But the eggs in a way were hints to solve the riddle ("use the IDs in the alphabet" - use the old Archives ID numbers to spell out a word), so I guess I'm kinda still right...?

Missing Kinump Seeds (Halloween 2012):
Basically we did various activities to gain seeds (some were puzzles, some were games) in order to thwart an evil Grubbug and get the stolen seeds back. This event is actually where Pepita the Kinump comes from. I wasn't super active for this either - to give you an idea of just how active, I managed to save up just enough seeds for one creature from the seed shop at the end of the event. Which is why I really want the others re-released in some way... though the Abet's already thankfully been.

Defeat the Idola (Halloween 2013):
October 2013 was really hectic for me, so... I remember genuinely nothing from this. Maybe someone else can help, because the blog posts aren't jogging my memory whatsoever. Since I've never owned an Idola, I'm assuming I never participated. (I'm really sorry.)

Asteroid Plot:
This one was pretty big, and a lot of fun. There were quite a few activities to do, ranging from mining items (which is where the three mine wall travels come from) to battling Pareteorsites in simple turn based RPG-style fights with your creatures. Eventually we had to fight "the Pareteorsite Queen". There were also quite a few NPCs you needed to talk to. Doing all of these activities earned you points which you were able to spend in a shop near the end - the prize creatures from this became available in the Asteroid, though the Paret was also retired (until they brought it back for Ark Victory Day).

Sorry for the potentially boring infodumping. And at the risk of being too infodumpy since they aren't plots... but the Easter hunts used to actually be hunts wherein you had to find specific eggs on specific pages. Some were as simple as "it appears near the site date/time", but others were as annoying as "it appears near the time... but only when you're on this page and refresh a bunch". Or at least that's how I remember it.

Female
1,306 posts

daisycat • 29 May 2023 at 3:24 PM

@sparklefox
This is great info, thank you so much! Really helps paint a picture. 😊 I definitely like the idea of riddles, puzzles, and various tasks required in one plot.

I was young when bustling Neopets plots were around, and was busy doing other things on the site as well, so I never took part in any of those. EC will be my second hope for virtual pet game plots lol. :,)

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 29 May 2023 at 4:18 PM

@sparklefox Thank you so much for trying to recollect all that! It's really hard sometimes poking through foggy vague memories for that long ago. I know daisycat is the one who originally posted the ask, but I do really appreciate it also as it was something that's been on my mind.
So thank you daisycat for asking! 😊
It makes me looks forward to and wanting some plots here in the future even more!

@daisycat I know, right? The plots (on NP) were super cool, but I always seemed to miss them or they were developed in such a way that only established players could make any headway. I really appreciate that Eggcave seems to make most events equal-opportunity. (So long as a player hasn't been around only a day and is still learning to navigate the site. Whooo Boy my first Chocolate event was hectic! coming in on the last 26 hours! ...but even then I was still able to get a few things. ^^)

27 posts

oceanwhispers • 29 May 2023 at 4:51 PM

I joined in 2019 but didn’t start playing until a few days ago, but I would totally love to be here for some plots! They sound so fun, and would be super engaging. There’s so much cool stuff on this site, I’d love more exploration and cool activities. Don’t have much to add, just showing my support lol

Female
2,408 posts

ida92 • 30 May 2023 at 1:31 AM

I totally support this! Seeing the Map get a well needed update would be great! And how about adding maps of realms outside of Ark? Like the Fairly World for example.

Female
2,487 posts

mindassala • 30 May 2023 at 6:52 AM

Yes, yes, yes! 😊

Male
85 posts

mitch • 1 June 2023 at 12:13 PM

I would definitely love more plots! There's so much potential for so many interesting ones on a site like this!

Female
521 posts

sapphire12 • 2 June 2023 at 3:30 AM

@ian @meteoroid @orderedchaos not sure how many active users there are nowadays but this got the support of 41 players within a week. I hope this is taken into consideration. We really would like more content around the site - lore in the creature descriptions will be amazing if realised. Adding a new area (new areas?) would diversify the dailies tasks too a bit more.

Thank you 😊

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 2 June 2023 at 10:38 AM

More plots is something we'd love to do. They just take a lot of time and effort to create.

Female
521 posts

sapphire12 • 2 June 2023 at 2:55 PM

@Orderedchaos

One thing that we see in a lot of games nowadays is a development roadmap - and I wonder if this is something that can be implemented on eggcave. I think we all appreciate that time and effort needs to be invested and surely none of us would mind the wait if there was a general direction or time we can expect something to come up ^^

Thanks again for the reply!

Gender Nonconforming
228 posts

dibabeebees • 13 August 2023 at 3:34 AM

I love the past plots i've heard about, and know there are some scrapped ones in the sites past, PLEASE IAN! MORE PLOTS! PLots are one of the most interesting parts of the site, having more plots like in the glory days would be so helpful!

Female
1,127 posts

musical_slytherclaw • 14 August 2023 at 2:02 PM

Plots are always fun, I always love the Valentine's Day event. I agree with @/ida92 that I'd love to see more areas on the map too!

Female
1,306 posts

daisycat • 15 October 2023 at 3:15 PM

Seamer City Plot. 🥺

Female
2,222 posts

ashlinnhi • 21 October 2023 at 12:31 AM

I'm quite late to seeing this but definitely, more plots would be great! The lore surrounding Eggcave can be so fun and intriguing, I would love to engage more with it. And like Saph said, it's more than understandable that they take a lot of time and effort. We really do appreciate the staff even interacting with these suggestions, so I'm sure that whatever comes of it, everyone will have a fun time 😊

Female
395 posts

redflipflap • 3 November 2023 at 10:53 AM

more plots would be so great!! I love spending the time that i do on EC during the seasonal events, etc. so it'd be so nice to have another plot around 😊

Gender Nonconforming
228 posts

dibabeebees • 5 November 2023 at 12:28 AM

A new plot for all of our lovely egg-cave newbies (including myself) would be amazing! I understand the terrifying absolute mountain of effort it'll take to make something like this, but I'd love to see one some day! The bee-bees would also,, love to help. I know i've already said stuff on this forum but tbh that was forever ago (two months) and i'd love to see more discussion on here :>

Female
521 posts

sapphire12 • 28 November 2023 at 7:58 AM

@daisycat Seamer City Plot 🥺