❄️ ELSARA ❄️ ─ Christmas 2023 creature suggestion

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

What animal should I draw for my next suggestion?

Female
1,243 posts

senkou • 24 September 2023 at 7:50 AM

Elsara (alt. name: Vantae)

───────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─────────

Hi, it's senkou here ^^ Had an idea for a wintery arctic fox creature with a soft aesthetic that I haven't seen around eggcave for a while. Hoping for this to be released sometime in December at the CSP? Hope you guys like it ❤️

"ELSARA" Digital Concept Art: https://www.deviantart.com/bellanienie/art/Elsara-Concept-Art-984302985

Key features: Crystal/Ice-like tail that disappears in a gradient (similar to the biwo), egg has the same clear-crystal effect at the bottom, clear double tail on the last stage, snow details on the bells (silver or gold), light warm grey coat with areas of white on the chest, belly and face, darker grey on the feet/lower leg

Habitat: Coldworld
Height: 0.5 m
Weight: 2.3 kg

feminine: 75% female 15% male 10% non-binary
Evo path (suggestion only): 150 clicks >> 250 clicks >> 500 clicks

Sorry there's no description ☹️ Let me know if you'd be open to write one and i'll add you to the creds. Ideas: Related to fourbon/foo/biwo in eggcave lore. Bells bring good christmas fortune and help guide lost arkians through the snow.

Thanks for popping by this thread, please lmk your thoughts on the design and feel free to ping friends 😊 I appreciate all! This is my personal favourite creature suggestion that I designed so I'm really hoping it gets made ❤️

[A few starting pings, sorry if you don't like them!]

@leafmelody @thedarkarcher @bunnynw @alastrine @twinkle @kitty999
@ian @orderedchaos @mastergemma @jazzyleia

Female
2,200 posts

thedarkarcher • 24 September 2023 at 8:17 AM

@senkou oh wow this is really cute ❤️ I really love the bows with the bells in the centre it so adorable. Would love to see this made ❤️ The very best of luck to you ❤️

Female
1,243 posts

senkou • 24 September 2023 at 12:09 PM

@thedarkarcher tysm cloud! ❤️ fingers crossed!

180 posts

noman15 • 24 September 2023 at 12:26 PM

Cool, you could even make it related to the foo for more site lore.

Female
2,396 posts

ida92 • 24 September 2023 at 12:56 PM

@senkou I really like this concept! I love the bells and bows. I believe this could be a cousin of the Biwo. 😊

Female
1,243 posts

senkou • 24 September 2023 at 9:52 PM

@ida92 @noman15

Thanks sm glad you like! Those are great suggestions, will definitely keep it in mind when i have time to write a description 😃

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 24 September 2023 at 9:59 PM

Awww, a wintery fox with bells! I love it!

(i've been known to wear bells on Christmas Even and go for snowfallen jogs, spreading a bit of the holiday cheer and hopefully helping keep the magic alive.
Maybe there can be something about there being Arkian lore of hearing the bells of a Elsara bringing good fortune. Good food, good presents, money, the interpretations could have changed over time. Mayhaps they just used to like to lead fisherman to spots on the ice where there were many in hopes they fishermen would share their catch? In turn the Elsara would help lead wayward Arkians to safety during whiteouts?)

Female
2,919 posts

heatherm19 • 25 September 2023 at 12:09 AM

So cute!! I really like the simplicity of the coloring, there have been a lot of super colorful creatures lately and this feels different (in a good way!). If it's CSP I'll have to decide whether to grow to adult or freeze at that ADORABLE 2nd stage!

Female
1,243 posts

senkou • 25 September 2023 at 12:51 AM

@heatherm19 Thank you!! Those are my favourite stages too 🥹❤️

@snowywinter Ooo i definitely love that idea of the bells bringing good christmas fortune! Thanks for the suggestion and really glad you like it ^^

Female
2,491 posts

leafmelody • 25 September 2023 at 1:24 AM

@senkou
it's so cute omg winter fox >> and the winter theme is so fitting for christmas too!! there will never be too many fox creatures on egg cave they're all cute
will be saving up cc as of now for december lol gotta be prepared ((;

Female
1,243 posts

senkou • 25 September 2023 at 10:55 PM

@leafmelody hahaha ty 😃 can never truly have enough cc lol

some more pings, hope u guys don't mind ^^ ❤️
@grumpz @daisycat @jlya @spell @ladyheathen @dragrawr @shirothekittehlover @chihiro_sang

Female
312 posts

bunnynw • 26 September 2023 at 4:17 AM

@senkou aaaa this is so cuteeee I absolutely love it!! I adore fox like creatures so always keen for ec to have more of them ❤️ kinda reminds me of a fourbon/ biwo cross but I love the colours and baby stage is adorable !! ❤️

319 posts

chihiro_sang • 26 September 2023 at 8:58 AM

I like the similarities to the biwo, but I kind of agree with noman15 that it seems more related to the foo.

Female
1,243 posts

senkou • 26 September 2023 at 9:47 AM

@bunnynw tysm bunny!! ❤️ i reaally appreciate, glad u like it ^^

@chihiro_sang thanks for your feedback, i definitely see the resemblance (:

more pings: @natureluvr

Female
340 posts

fainne_24 • 26 September 2023 at 10:30 AM

It is so cute! I love it and hope its picked up!! 😃

Female
811 posts

natureluvr • 26 September 2023 at 10:49 AM

This pet is really cute! Also I vote LION for next art!

Female
2,702 posts

jlya • 26 September 2023 at 1:21 PM

@senkou
LOVE IT ❤️ Giving me Biwo vibes, I'm always down for a gorgeous soft wolf creature ^^

Female
1,243 posts

senkou • 26 September 2023 at 9:58 PM

@fainne_24 @natureluvr (oo will def consider lion for future art 😱) @jlya
thanks guys!! 😃 fingers crossed it makes an appearance in winter~ ❤️

Female
1,296 posts

daisycat • 27 September 2023 at 7:30 AM

@senkou
So cute! Every stage is too adorable. 😊 I wonder, if the tail is transparent like the Biwo, would the baby stage's tail show a faint outline of the lying down Elsara behind it? 🤔 Or would it just fade to white (no travel) / fade to show whatever travel is behind it?

I love:
how varied the stages are
the soft and simple color palette
that it's a fox creature, but a white fox
the bows, especially on the legs

Thank you for the ping!

Female
1,243 posts

senkou • 27 September 2023 at 9:31 AM

@daisycat
ooo i actually didn't think of that so thanks for bringing it up! i think it would faintly show the body behind it as the tail is not fully transparent, it has a crystal-like/geometric pattern to it unlike the biwo ^^ i was also thinking that at the baby stage only half of the tail would be clear and by adult the entire tail + a bit of the body would be clear (not sure if that's noticeable from just the art)!

and no worries for the ping, i'm so glad you like the creature and thank you for such a thoughtful response!!! ❤️ ❤️ i'm planning to make some more suggestions in the future so i'll ping you again if that sounds ok!

Female
1,296 posts

daisycat • 27 September 2023 at 9:46 AM

@senkou
That sounds beautiful! And I would love to be pinged in your future suggestions. 😊

Non-binary
1,395 posts

provo7demons • 10 October 2023 at 10:51 AM

@senkou What a gorgeous creature! This would be a perfect creature to see in December ❤️ The bells and ribbons are such a nice detail!

Female
1,243 posts

senkou • 10 October 2023 at 10:47 PM

Thank you!! Glad you like the design ❤️

Female
1,318 posts

twinkle • 10 October 2023 at 11:37 PM

@senkou I’ll be waiting for the “Chosen for December 😉” message from @Ian! This is so adorable!! I’m loving the color choices ❤️

Female
392 posts

redflipflap • 11 October 2023 at 11:18 AM

Oh this is so cute!! Definitely feels very whimsical and serene ♡ nice job

Female
2,546 posts

dragrawr • 11 October 2023 at 11:55 AM

@senkou very cute ;v;; I love it so much it looks so soft. 😭💕

Female
1,243 posts

senkou • 11 October 2023 at 10:49 PM

Ahh thank you all!!! 😊 Really appreciate all your kind words and glad you like the art ❤️ ❤️

Non-binary
81 posts

renfri • 12 October 2023 at 10:03 AM

Oh! I love fox creatures, this would be amazing! 😊

Female
1,243 posts

senkou • 16 October 2023 at 6:25 AM

Thanks renfri!! ❤️

Female
131 posts

xiaomixiaoling • 17 October 2023 at 7:16 PM

So cute! I have also been working on a creature too, but I haven’t finished it. Anyways, I love it!