2-Sentence Stories

in Forum Games

Female
2,225 posts

ashlinnhi • 13 November 2023 at 9:56 AM

This game was inspired by the '2-Sentence Horror Story' subreddit, except here it isn't limited to being scary!

The premise for the game: You make a story in 2 sentences based off the two-word prompt given by the person before you. The story can be as elaborate or as silly as you want! Then, you pick two random words (e.g. 'duck' and 'blue' or 'lovely' and 'festival') as a prompt for the next person.

Here is an example to start!

Prompt: 'candy' and 'sheep' (courtesy of @komore)

Story: The sheep rose gracefully into the sky. At long last, she could venture to the lush land of candied tulips and fluffy roses.

Next prompt: 'colourful' and 'eggs'

Hopefully that explanation is clear. Again, the stories can be whatever you want and it doesn't have to make logical sense -- the main point of this game is just to have fun plucking something from your imagination, whether you're a writer or not!

Some pings (feel free to ping others!):
@daisycat
@twinkle
@sapphire12
@kudo
@nut
@mastergemma
@newlife

Female
521 posts

sapphire12 • 13 November 2023 at 10:31 AM

@ashlinnhi

The colourful eyleymo hopped its merry way along. Leaving eggs around Ark Fields for lucky souls to find.

Next prompt: 'red' and 'sky'

@lexicon
@megamisama90
@kataclysm
@redflipflap

Female
395 posts

redflipflap • 13 November 2023 at 10:35 AM

@sapphire12

The mysterious Red Flipflap flipped all the way home until the sky was dark. It couldn’t wait to do it again tomorrow.

(I feel that I was targeted @ ‘red’ 😂)

Next prompt: ‘bug’ and ‘shoe’

@wonder404exe
@dragrawr
@daisycat

Female
1,309 posts

daisycat • 13 November 2023 at 10:48 AM

@ashlinnhi @redflipflap
Thank you for the pings! Ash, this is such a fun forum game idea. ^^

My Prompt: Bug and Shoe
I told him I painted a bug on my shoe. He thought I said I hated to love you.

Next Prompt: Quixotic and Kumquat

Female
1,826 posts

poe • 13 November 2023 at 1:55 PM

With her insatiable appetite and a mind overflowing with colourful, quixotic, and fanciful thoughts of culinary delights, she threw open her pantry in a frenzy. The silence was palpable as she faced the barren shelves with naught but a singular kumquat to greet her snarling stomach.

Next prompt: Rock and lofty

@bunnyshadow
@chapus
@pipkitten

Female
1,257 posts

poptarts • 13 November 2023 at 2:19 PM

Lofty mountains stood tall and firm, above the rocks below the ferns.
In the shadows, they all splayed, cradled in dirt for countless days.

Next Prompt: Time and Dust

Female
1,319 posts

twinkle • 13 November 2023 at 7:18 PM

My prompt: Time and Dust

The shadows whispered, "It's time." The dust settled and revealed a hundred footsteps heading towards my bed.

Next prompt: Name and Letters

Female
2,225 posts

ashlinnhi • 13 November 2023 at 9:02 PM

How many times have I traced the letters of your name on my palm, wishing I could reach you? You could never know.

Next: Shell and Fester

Thanks so much everyone so far for participating!! I’ve really loved reading all the little stories : ))

@komore 🥺
@appleblizzard
@orderedchaos

367 posts

kudo • 14 November 2023 at 12:30 AM

Tiny shells dredged from the ocean floor stream from you like misshapen shooting stars with every flick of your tail as you race for the surface. When you breach that cool water, what greets you is the festering heat rippling across the expanse of blue above and below.

next prompt: fleeting and reverse

78 posts

komore • 14 November 2023 at 6:06 AM

The gelatinous creature drifted gracefully across the screen, ephemeral in beauty yet fleeting in its presence. The apparatus detected a sudden surge in energy as the jellyfish reversed the flow of time and returned to a delicate rotund form.

i was going to write about turtle shells for the previous prompt but kubo beat me to it 😭

next prompt: jellyfish and afraid

Female
932 posts

shirothekittehlover • 14 November 2023 at 7:19 AM

(Finally, a perfect thread for me /lh)

She was always afraid of anything remotely resembling a jellyfish as far as she could remember. She doesn't know exactly why, as all she ever thought is to avoid it at all costs.

Next prompt: Soup, music

Female
3,806 posts

sparklefox • 14 November 2023 at 8:08 AM

Could you really bring yourself to call this abhorrent abomination "music"? It seemed like nothing more than a thick soup of nonsensical noise endlessly flooding your poor ears.

Next Prompt: Dark and Mouse

Female
932 posts

shirothekittehlover • 14 November 2023 at 9:55 AM

They slowly crawled inside the dark, narrow vents. They felt like a little mouse doing this.

Next prompt: Camper, strained

Female
464 posts

cageheart • 14 November 2023 at 11:56 AM

The camper looked into the darkness of the forest. He strained his eyes when he thought he saw eyes staring back at him.

(I know I'm bad at writing. I struggled in English class XD)

Next prompt: restaurant, cold

Female
932 posts

shirothekittehlover • 14 November 2023 at 10:29 PM

No matter how fresh and warm the restaurant dishes are, all he can feel is the cold, unforgiving air of loneliness. It's not the same without her.

Next prompt: Transform, counter

Female
1,319 posts

twinkle • 14 November 2023 at 11:12 PM

Their kitchen has a haunted counter. Every midnight, a deformed body crawls out of it, unfolding itself into a human-like figure that enjoys staring at people while they sleep.

Next prompt: neglect, whisper

Female
932 posts

shirothekittehlover • 15 November 2023 at 12:19 AM

The poor little kitten walked into its cardboard shelter, with visible ribcages from hunger and neglect by its owner. The winds whispered unobtainable freedom that it has always desired as far as it could remember.

Next prompt: Worry, entry

Female
2,225 posts

ashlinnhi • 15 November 2023 at 3:26 AM

You granted me entry to your home without a hint of doubt in your mellow tone. But I worry, worry and I worry: How long until I cause its inevitable destruction?

Next prompt: patterned, sky

Female
932 posts

shirothekittehlover • 15 November 2023 at 4:02 AM

She laid down on the green carpet of grass and stared towards the sky. She thought to herself, what lies beyond the patterned white and blue roof of the earth?

Next prompt: Composer, chocolate

5 posts

haven • 15 November 2023 at 6:20 AM

Passing by the composter, I thought of the remnants of food at the bottom of my bag. Biscuits, crisps.. can chocolate go in there too?

Next prompt: habits, commit

Female
932 posts

shirothekittehlover • 15 November 2023 at 9:41 AM

It's been years since I last committed my life to this not-so legal activity, yet I've found myself doing it again. Old habits die harder, it seems like.

Next prompt: Dismiss, loot

Female
1,257 posts

poptarts • 15 November 2023 at 12:12 PM

Encased in root lies the loot. Dismiss not, the golden boot.
(i think this classifies as a story still? lol)

Next Prompt: Wind and Chirp

Female
932 posts

shirothekittehlover • 15 November 2023 at 9:42 PM

The gentle breeze sweeped through the wind chimes, creating a pleasant melody, as new bird families chirped in the distance, celebrating their first eggs. Spring truly is beautiful.

Next prompt: Behavior, fate

Female
2,225 posts

ashlinnhi • 16 November 2023 at 9:56 AM

It's almost too easy, to tempt fate with this continuous self-destructive behaviour. But oh, how unfortunate that his pride could never allow him the simple things.

Next prompt: Gentle, bond

Female
1,257 posts

poptarts • 16 November 2023 at 11:28 AM

Gentle had the words been spoken, promises of an unbreaking bond. Now alone he sits, peering at the empty pond.

Prompt: Ruby and Charm

Female
932 posts

shirothekittehlover • 17 November 2023 at 6:26 AM

No matter how seemingly kind and gentle the woman seems to be, he tried so hard to not look at her as he knows what will happen, until he has finally succumbed into peering directly into her shimmering ruby eyes. It is only when it's too late when he realized, he had been charmed.

Next prompt: Closed, trip

Female
1,257 posts

poptarts • 17 November 2023 at 1:00 PM

Closed doors, and lasered floors. An alarm they did trip, which is quite a slip.

Prompt: Nice and Mask

Female
1,826 posts

poe • 17 November 2023 at 1:46 PM

After toiling for hours with glue dripping here, feathers strewn there, and glitter just about everywhere, the mask was complete. Once fastened in place, with a sly glance in the mirror, the masquerader whispered,
"Nice."

Next prompt: Exuberant and sunny

Female
2,225 posts

ashlinnhi • 17 November 2023 at 9:41 PM

“Nooooo!” she yelled, using her hands to shield herself from the innocent, sunny smile, which only inched closer. “Spare me your exuberance, I can’t take it!”

Next prompt: Flutter, coil

Female
932 posts

shirothekittehlover • 20 November 2023 at 5:26 PM

For a minute she felt butterflies fluttering in her stomach, and the next one realization hit her like a starving snake coiling its prey. Oh, the harsh truth of reality.

Next prompt: Shiver, distance