🇨🇭🐦‍⬛ Creature Suggestion: The Docorvus [Halloween/Friday the 13th/Medieval?] 🐦‍⬛🇨🇭

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

1,036 posts

anarchy • 9 February 2024 at 11:31 PM

┌ - - - - - - - - - - - - ♠♠♠ - - ┐
The Docorvus
[“doctor” + “corvus”]
└ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ┘

Concept Art
in three potential color palettes:

https://ibb.co/4K3pqcY
https://ibb.co/PY8LpbV
https://ibb.co/Cnx9trn

About the Egg
The Docorvus egg is adorned with two black circles that seem to swirl and change the longer you look at it. A plethora of strong scents emanate from within these eggs, a strange combination of myrrh, lavender, rose petals and cloves.

About the Creature
The Docorvus is a strange avian creature that has been documented in medical records of Ark since ancient times. Their frightening appearance is often accompanied by a mist of aromatic scents, from myrrh to lavender to rose petals, emanating from their robes and masks. These curious creatures were once regarded as a deadly omen as they often flocked to villages mere days before they were devastated by disastrous plagues that were known to wipe out entire communities. As a result, ancient Arkians shunned them as malicious witches and ran them out of town, mistakenly believing them to be the cause of the plagues that had scourged their villages.

After centuries of hiding away in the bleakest depths of the Fiery Shadows, Arkians would eventually come to realize that the Docorvus are benevolent creatures, with magical abilities that can cure almost any known disease. They are drawn to areas of epidemic, hoping to rid people of their sickness with their many ailments. Their cures can come in the form of potions, charms, magical spells and small sacks of herbs and flowers. Once a village has been rid of the plague, the flock of Docorvus are known to vanish the following morning, presumably moving on to some other disease-stricken community.

Weight
28 kg

Length
0.8 m

Gender Profile
Standard
48% female, 48% male, 4% non-binary

Habitat
The Fiery Shadows

Design Notes:

None, really. I'd be happy to see whatever the artist comes up with! Maybe it could be cool to add some pink spray/mist around the creature, to represent the scents? But this idea isn't necessary and can be omitted if it doesn't work well.

I know it's probably way too early for Halloween, but I thought I'd put this out there anyway :] It doesn’t have to be for Halloween either, I’d be just as happy to see the concept used for Friday the 13th, a bird or history or medieval themed month, etc.

Feel free to comment down below! I’d really appreciate hearing what you guys have to say and I'm totally open to feedback.

#creaturesuggestion

Thanks for checking this out ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Female
2,215 posts

ashlinnhi • 10 February 2024 at 3:26 AM

@anarchy AW it's adorable!! it's so cool how the beak becomes part of the mask by the last stage, and what lovely lore too :') i'm personally a big fan of the third colour scheme!

@silvia
@nut
@shirothekittehlover
@lexicon

Agender
95 posts

silvia • 10 February 2024 at 3:32 AM

I absolutely love this, I am literally obsessed now! The poor birds shunned away while they were just trying their best to be helpful! 😭💔 I like last color scheme better (I can't put my finger on why though, it just looks very nice). I really like the reference / inspiration, plague doctors were definitely interesting figures... the mask is especially nice, it was used in ancient times to carry around various kind of herbs If I do recall correctly, I guess that's where these birds keep their stash too. ✨

1,133 posts

hikanu • 10 February 2024 at 5:08 AM

I want this. It is very cool. 😃

I'm a bit split between the first and the last color scheme, it looks good in both.

One more suggestion for Halloween, they're going to have a hard time choosing at this rate. xD

Fluid
141 posts

mindwhiper • 10 February 2024 at 5:14 AM

WOW thats REALLY COOL CRITTER!

Female
1,730 posts

lexicon • 10 February 2024 at 8:26 AM

@anarchy

YOU HAVE AWOKEN WITHIN ME A DEEP NEED FOR A PLAGUE DOCTOR THEMED CREATURE ON THIS SITE. I love this little guy so much you don't understand, they're literally perfect ;A; no notes. Would go to them for a cold 100000/10

@ashlinnhi thanks for the ping friend!❤️

1,036 posts

anarchy • 10 February 2024 at 1:10 PM

@ashlinnhi fun fact the third color scheme was actually the first one i made, i think it's my favorite too ❤️ i love how you noticed the beak growing as the creature evolves! thank you so much for the nice comments and for the starting pings!! i was too shy to do them :'] 

@silvia exactly, these lil birbs just wanna help fight against the plague 🥺🥺 i've always been drawn to the plague doctor aesthetic, and the lore was inspired by how the costume looks so sinister and frightening but really they were just regular physicians trying to do their best. thank you so much for the comments and thoughts, i really appreciate it ❤️

@hikanu halloween is the best time of year so i'm not surprised it'd lead to a lot of suggestions 😌 thank you for the comment and your thoughts on the color schemes, i'm so glad you like it ❤️

@mindwhiper WOOOOO so glad you like it! ❤️ :]

@lexicon HAHA i'm so so glad to hear that! ❤️ :'] YES a plague doctor creature is severely missing on egg cave, who else is gonna cure Ark's sick and needy 😤 thank you so much for the wonderful comments, i really appreciate it! 10000/10 patient would cure from the common cold again

1,133 posts

hikanu • 10 February 2024 at 1:31 PM

@anarchy Can't say I'm surprised either. Just in Halloween alone there's a lot you could draw inspiration from and make it spooky looking. This one manages to be both spooky and utterly adorable and I'm not sure how. I need like a flock of them.

But at this rate my pup might have a better chance of making it for November, haha.

Female
2,550 posts

dragrawr • 10 February 2024 at 8:43 PM

@anarchy absolutely weeping. Im a big fan of the first one but MAN I AM WEEPING. I need need need 1,,0000000 of these ASAP.

❤️ ❤️ ❤️

1,036 posts

anarchy • 11 February 2024 at 1:23 AM

@/hikanu oh exactly, halloween is my favorite time to check in for creatures precisely because there's so much cool stuff you could do. glad to hear you think i got the balance between spooky and cute right, and thank you for the comments! :] i'll be sure to check out your pup suggestion later!

@/dragrawr HAHA don't weep or the birb will think you're displaying cold symptoms and try to rid you of the plague :'] thank you so much for commenting, so happy you like it! ❤️ :]

pings: @murfijs @foreigners @valorieviolet @twinkle

Female
894 posts

murfijs • 11 February 2024 at 2:07 AM

@anarchy
ooh i like this idea!
plague doctor bird

Other
136 posts

pauloacacio • 11 February 2024 at 7:12 AM

Such a beauty!
😊

Female
2,402 posts

ida92 • 11 February 2024 at 12:08 PM

@anarchy Great suggestion! And I think I like the grey colour palette the most. 😊

Non-binary
67 posts

endrolled • 11 February 2024 at 10:33 PM

oh this one is SO cute!! it's a really fun adaptation of the plague doctor concept, and the transition from corvid to doctor is really elegant!

Non-binary
1,402 posts

provo7demons • 12 February 2024 at 1:28 PM

@anarchy Oh the baby stage is so cute, and then it grows up into a wonderfully spooky creature ❤️ I'd say the second color scheme is my favorite, but they're all honestly gorgeous!

Female
308 posts

zircon • 12 February 2024 at 2:40 PM

@anarchy
This creature makes my Halloween/spooky loving heart ecstatic. All of the stages are well drawn and thought out, but that second stage is definitely my favorite. Fingers crossed this creature gets picked for October! 🐦‍⬛

1,629 posts

icecloud101 • 12 February 2024 at 4:15 PM

@anarchy i think the third color palette is my fave 😊
this would be perfect for a halloween/spooky month, i like how the beak kind of becomes the mask
the plague doctor-inspired concept seems pretty interesting!

1,036 posts

anarchy • 15 February 2024 at 3:03 AM

@/murfijs @/pauloacacio @/ida92 @/endrolled @/provo7demons @/zircon @/icecloud101

thank you all for dropping by and sharing your thoughts and comments, i really love hearing them! :']

also gonna add "medieval" as a potential theme for this suggestion, i think it could be a really fun theme for one of the non-holiday months (think knights, bards, witches, alchemists, nobles, jesters, creatures based on swords and castles, etc.) 🛡️

pings, probably my last few: @prairie @kataclysm @lunacharm1037 @poe

Female
1,826 posts

poe • 16 February 2024 at 5:51 PM

@anarchy I love this! The drawing is awesome, the style is great and I think it would look fabulous on eggcave. It has so much life and the poses have great energy. The concept is fun, and I know I've talked about how a medieval month would be super cool before and this would be perfect for it. There's a medieval owl griffin suggestion floating around that would pair so well with this in the same month. I'd really love to see this creature come to life here!

181 posts

noman15 • 16 February 2024 at 8:37 PM

The final stage is almost a mix of corvid and monkey which could actually be a good mix for a creature shrouded in myth.

Female
242 posts

amethyst_elf448 • 23 February 2024 at 12:34 PM

Oh my goodness i love the design and the lore is awesome as well. The third colour palette is my favourite, i love that warm purple. Also just the way its drawn is super cool with the almost crayon like texture. I'm gonna have to start saving up my CC in case this gets chosen as a cash shop creature hehehe

349 posts

cho • 1 March 2024 at 2:45 PM

YES is the second stage pondering with fingers like 🤔or am i cray cray? SO CUTE!!!

Female
393 posts

redflipflap • 1 March 2024 at 6:20 PM

OH?? MY GOD??? We absolutely NEED this little booger (affectionately) on Eggcave. I need it, you need it, everyone needs it. I am obsessed. Currently tagging everyone and their mother ❤️ (bestie @ian have you seen this masterpierce? I know halloween is a ways away, but yknow)

@provo7demons
@wonder404exe
@cho

Demifluid
1,503 posts

wonder404exe • 1 March 2024 at 7:48 PM

HOLY SHOOOOT?!?
I LOV THIS BEBEEBBEB
(2nd and 3rd color palettes im digging)
EEEEEEEE I LV THIS BORB AAA

Non-binary
15 posts