Mesozoic May - Gingkolophus Creature Suggestion 🌳 🦖

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 12 February 2024 at 5:56 PM

Drawn by @bunnyshadow

https://c.l3n.co/i/p0n8Za.jpeg

Descriptions written by @orderedchaos.

Egg Description: Gingkolophus eggs are sometimes mistaken for large seeds or nuts, especially if you find one on its own. In a nest it is easier to recognize that these eggs are indeed eggs.

Creature Description: Gingkolophus are a common sight in Ark's wetlands and swamps. What is even more common than the sight of a herd of Gingkolophus slowly meandering their way across a swamp is their song. The crest on a Gingkolophus is a complex resonating chamber that this creature uses to produce a range of sounds. When a group of adult Gingkolophus sing together it can be heard up to a mile away. This is especially common around sunset when the song is used to call the herd back together for the coming night.

#creaturesuggestion
#mesozoicmay
#gingkolophus

Female
393 posts

redflipflap • 12 February 2024 at 6:27 PM

gingko trees are literally my favorite, i am OBSESSED. #mesozoicmay baybeeeeeeeeeeeeee

@provo7demons
@cho
@twinkle

Female
1,826 posts

poe • 12 February 2024 at 6:28 PM

I am screeching I love them so much
Imagining a lil group of them singing together with all their floopy leaves in a swamp is just precious
I need like a hundred, and I need them ASAP
You guys did such a good design and description, it's perfect

Non-binary
1,403 posts

provo7demons • 12 February 2024 at 7:14 PM

@bunnyshadow OHHH THE BABY...I'M IN LOVE...and the adult stage is so pretty! I love this ❤️

Agender
95 posts

silvia • 13 February 2024 at 12:11 AM

Fluffy. It's so fluffy I could die. 😭 I really like this concept and especially the description, would love to hear a group of these singing melancholically in some swamp. I am awaiting this dino month so much, hoping it will see the light! 🥹

Female
2,402 posts

ida92 • 13 February 2024 at 9:19 AM

@bunnyshadow Awesome idea 😊 And based on one of my favourite dinosaurs (most dinosaurs are my favourite, but still xD)

730 posts

nut • 13 February 2024 at 10:56 AM

aww, parasaurolophus was my favorite dino growing up. love the combo with the most ancient extant tree 😊

Non-binary
67 posts

endrolled • 13 February 2024 at 2:08 PM

LOVING the ginkgo inspiration! what a fun combination of reptile and tree!

Female
894 posts

murfijs • 14 February 2024 at 3:35 AM

@bunnyshadow
ooh, i love this creature idea

320 posts

chihiro_sang • 14 February 2024 at 10:29 AM

This is actually kind of interesting as gingko is actually considered one of the oldest species of trees.

Female
1,826 posts

poe • 18 February 2024 at 4:20 PM

I just wanna bump this because I really love it, like gingko trees are so neat and I think it would be the best to have a gingko dino on the site ❤️

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 11 March 2024 at 4:08 PM

Baby stage had lots of potential to be ADORABLE
Last stage looks like it'll be absolutely majestic.

Teen I'd love to see what artists would do with as it's a bit longer, so they'd likely re-pose, but I like the chonky factor lol.

The color of the leaves could be green, red, yellow. (green in baby and then perhaps green-yellow and yellow-red as it progresses?) Either way, I love the rich color of Gingko trees, so I'd love to see those colors reflected on this. ❤️

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 4 April 2024 at 1:44 PM

@redflipflap @poe @provo7demons @silvia @ida92 @nut

Thank you everyone! ♡

181 posts

noman15 • 5 April 2024 at 9:15 AM

This leafy duck billed dino has a lot of potential.

Other
136 posts

pauloacacio • 5 April 2024 at 10:03 AM

I think it is fanny and cute!

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 6 April 2024 at 12:01 PM

@noman15 @pauloacacio

Thanks! ♡

Female
64 posts

shelbert67 • 9 April 2024 at 9:42 PM

not to be dramatic but i need the ginko dinosaur to happen right here right now ITS SO CUTE ❤️