Shoutbox

in Chit-Chat

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 8 July 2017 at 10:28 PM

@fairy_tail

I'm around Cainta. The Santa Lucia Mall is right next to me, but I really can't head outside my bedroom because construction is going on.
~~~
Yikes. It sounds bad. I'm no trained counselor myself, and if I was, I'd still might not be enough help. I'm pretty sure your friends do care, you just need to find the right friend who can and will make sure you feel better.
And if that doesn't work, try to do your favorite thing and hope that could help you feel better, or look up some internet memes or photos of baby animals. Laughter is the best medicine.
I'm sure you'll be able to get through this! I believe in you!

~~~

I've been binge watching the first season of Winx Club and man, I felt like I absorbed a ton of knowledge on fictional things. Then again, I always do that with Homestuck and Steven Universe.

Female
1,395 posts

iris1929578 • 16 July 2017 at 4:28 PM

I'm getting famous 😸

Hi guys!

Female
363 posts

sodabearjess • 16 July 2017 at 9:22 PM

Does anyone have a link to the topic that lists all the items on Eggcave? I've seen the thread but forgot to write it down or favorite it.

Female
4,593 posts

mastergemma • 19 July 2017 at 10:13 AM

@nightmaremoon12
Oh the Winx Club, that takes me back. When I was young it was first released and my friends and I would pretend to be the characters. We did that with Sailor Moon too when it aired on out Australian tv. This would have been when we were ~10 years old I think. I remember a website where you were able to create your character and walk around in a town. You were able to gift people a coin and my sister and I worked out a strategy to essentially cheat X'D Well, it wasn't cheating but it felt like it.

@iris1929578
How are you becoming famous? Is it online or offline?

@fairy_tail
I find that listening to music helps. I recommend listening to Sophie Ellis Bextor as she has some really uplifting music like Today the Sun's on Us, for an example. I know this sounds crappy but faking a smile for a while can actually make you feel better. I don't remember if it is scientifically accurate but it does work occasionally. And if you need to talk, privately or publicly, I'll always be happy to listen.

@sodabearjess
I couldn't find the thread but I found the next best thing!
https://eggcave.com/egg/922248/collection

Female
363 posts

sodabearjess • 19 July 2017 at 1:48 PM

@mastergemma
Thanks, I thought about that, Promise has like 96% of all the items in her collection.
There's also https://static.eggcave.com/ but it requires you to click each of the files to see what they look like. Maybe the thread I was looking for was taken down. :/

Female
1,395 posts

iris1929578 • 19 July 2017 at 3:32 PM

@mastergemma

Here on Egg Cave. 😈

Female
363 posts

sodabearjess • 19 July 2017 at 10:15 PM

What Eggcave time can you find Terron's?

Female
1,395 posts

iris1929578 • 19 July 2017 at 11:34 PM

@sodabearjess

I found it while I was awake and not in bed 😸 I would say, I don't know, about 10:00 here? CA time.

Female
363 posts

sodabearjess • 19 July 2017 at 11:44 PM

What time is it right now for you @iris1929578 ? 7:44? 😸

Female
1,395 posts

iris1929578 • 19 July 2017 at 11:45 PM

8:45.

(I wake up real late on vacation)

Male
676 posts

chiroptera • 20 July 2017 at 5:21 PM

Im feeling really bummed out right now...
Chester Bennington , Linkin Park's lead singer, gave into depression and commited suicide today (it's the birthday of his good friend, Chris Cornell, who lost his own battle with depression earlier this year). Linkin Park is my favorite band, probably the only band I've ever legitimately liked. ☚ī¸

Edit: bought a Drollo in honor of him and I feel better now 😊

And I've got loads of homework to do for my C++ college course.

Female
1,395 posts

iris1929578 • 20 July 2017 at 5:40 PM

@srx2002

Homework sucks.

Male
676 posts

chiroptera • 21 July 2017 at 3:42 AM

Ugh, I still feel like crap because of Chester Bennington's death. It feels really bad when someone whose music you've been appreciating for pretty much your whole life is just gone. Can't really listen to any of their songs anymore without thinking about it.

And it's almost 1 in the morning and I'm still only halfway done with my homework x(

Oh and I'll be 15 in 2 days. Eh. Cool.

Edit: and now it's nearly 3:30 in the morning, still got a good chunk of work to do. yippee
Edit2: well, didnt take as long as I expected, it's only a bit past 4 and I'm finished.

Female
1,575 posts

sorrow • 22 July 2017 at 8:23 AM

@srx2002
Yeah. I feel the same with Chester. I wasn't the big Linkin Park fan of my family, but i still really liked their music.

Male
676 posts

chiroptera • 23 July 2017 at 4:23 AM

I turn 15 today I guess. Pretty cool. Gonna be too busy studying for the SAT to do anything though haha.

Female
4,593 posts

mastergemma • 23 July 2017 at 5:19 AM

@sodabearjess
Do you remember a few of the travels that you know DEFINITELY was on the list? I have one more idea I could try to find the thread. I don't believe the thread would have been taken down, it would hardly cause a stir.

@iris1929578
Sounds great! Keep talking to users and your popularity would only increase!

@srx2002
Happy birthday! It definitely is sad about Chester's passing. From the Linkin Park songs that I did know, I did enjoy their songs. It really makes me think about why people want to do that, how they believe that it's better to be gone than to be here.

I have too many games I want to play to ever disappear.

Female
363 posts

sodabearjess • 23 July 2017 at 3:41 PM

@mastergemma
From what I remember, all the items were on that thread, that was the point. I think it was updated quite frequently to keep up to date. Don't sweat it too much mastergemma, thanks for you help 😊

Female
344 posts

fairy_tail • 2 August 2017 at 4:30 PM

Hey everyone!

So as some of you know, I suffer from depression and I've really been struggling these past few weeks. Many of my coping exercises seemed to be ineffective and I was going through a lot of stress and problems.

I actually had a pretty bad episode yesterday, it seemed I reached a boiling point. But I'm feeling much better today than I had in weeks, which is good considering that today is my birthday. I hope that this feeling lasts at least a bit longer.

Hope everyone out there is doing well.❤ī¸

1,558 posts

dragonii • 2 August 2017 at 5:01 PM

@fairy_tail HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I'm glad your doing better. sometimes it gets really hard dealing with such intense emotions, and I applaud you for making to one more day!

Male
676 posts

chiroptera • 2 August 2017 at 5:14 PM

@fairy_tail Happy birthday, it good to hear that you're feeling better.

Female
344 posts

fairy_tail • 2 August 2017 at 5:38 PM

@dragonii @srx2002

Thank you so much. It's really a very nice feeling to get some encouragement.❤ī¸

On a side note, if anyone has monthlies stolen today (August 2) please contact me! I'm looking for them.

1,558 posts

dragonii • 2 August 2017 at 6:30 PM

@fairy_tail ❤ī¸ all I ask is that you remember that no matter what happens someone will always love you and will miss you.

Male
676 posts

chiroptera • 2 August 2017 at 9:05 PM

Well crap, fell off my bike and got a huge bloody scrape on my elbow. Now it's bleeding everywhere.
e.e

Female
4,593 posts

mastergemma • 6 August 2017 at 9:32 AM

I made a joke about how deadly dihydrogen monoxide in Archaeology class. As we are all university students I thought they would have a basic understanding of Chemistry. I had to explain that dihydrogen monoxide is the scientific name of water.

Sometimes I really enjoy nighttime. My friends are home to message online and they start sharing some funny videos and memes. Now, I'm stuck here doing last minute homework, listening to We are Number One wondering why it took so long for it to become a meme and how something becomes a meme. Oh gosh, Jonathan Young did a metal cover of it.

I remember watching LazyTown when there was nothing else on tv, it wasn't too bad of a show. Most of the time. It was one of those easy going shows that you can pick up and drop off whenever you want and still know what's happening story wise. I also liked the puppets and how Sportacus wanted puppets to be more active. That was hilarious.

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 6 August 2017 at 7:59 PM

@mastergemma

LazyTown was my childhood. We are Number One and You are a Pirate is what made me remember this show exists! Of course, I didn't really watch the show because of the memes. It's a really good show, to be honest.

Today is Monday. Tomorrow is the first day of school. To be honest, I'm not really prepared. I was gone from Guam for a month, and I'm still a bit shaken up. Then again, I'm never prepared for anything. Oops.

Female
4,593 posts

mastergemma • 10 August 2017 at 10:30 AM

I made a new friend yesterday who shared similar taste in music as me. We are both fans of Vocaloid and of anime. I haven't been able to have a lengthy conversation with any other Vocaloid fans and it felt so good.

We knew the same songs
We knew of the same Vocaloids
We both went to the concert with IA that happened earlier this year

It feels so good to have a friend that actually has so many similar tastes to me. We both lost our cool when the 'Mekaku City Actors' song appeared at the concert and when ONE appeared. We both fangirled to the same songs and SHARED favourite songs.

This is so unlike talking to others online with the same interests. Being able to see her face light up at a mere mention of a song title was amazing. It was so nice being able to talk about something and have the other person understand what I'm talking about. We're planning on cosplaying together too! I am her Vocaloid senpai XD

@nightmaremoon12
You are a pirate originated from LazyTown?! I was not aware of that! I wonder if it's still on tv, I haven't been able to watch tv as I have been preoccupied with other hobbies and with university.

I hope school has been good for you. How was Guam, is it a nice place?

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 10 August 2017 at 5:34 PM

@mastergemma

I don't think LazyTown is airing on television anymore, which is sad.

What I meant to say is that I was gone from Guam because I went to Manila for a month. The Philippines was fun, but I couldn't go ice skating... ☚ī¸

Male
20 posts

kingcarrot • 17 August 2017 at 5:52 AM

Im on a train with free Wi-Fi! Yay!!!!!!

There is a nosy guy sitting next me! He probably saw me type that!! OMG he just farted!!!! (+_+)

Female
344 posts

fairy_tail • 20 August 2017 at 2:55 PM

Hey everyone!

So, I feel much better these days. My depression has been more manageable and easier to cope with. I just hope it continues to stay this way.

Aside from that, I'm beginning to focus learning languages again. It's always been a hobby/interest of mine to learn different languages and it's nice I got some of my fire for it back. I'm currently learning Spanish so if anyone would like to help me out, hit me up with a PM!

Male
676 posts

chiroptera • 20 August 2017 at 3:23 PM

@fairy_tail Good to hear that you're feeling better! I only speak 2 languages fluently and I have no interest in learning another. It's a lot of hard work and I've got school stuff to do Ãˇ_Ãˇ

I know very minimal spanish, but enough to say "I don't speak Spanish, I only speak English," which will have to suffice.