BOAFCHAT

in General

1,232 posts

kaiserbakura • 25 February 2015 at 2:57 AM

@wererage

Yeah I have two cats (an adult and a kitten). The kitten is quite the the hunter. The only problem is she tend to parade around with the half-dead mouse in her mouth. I have to scold her because she wants to bring it on the furniture... Yuck.

On the bright side we dont have the mice around for long. I have no idea where they are coming from (i think they are little field mice) but the kitten flushes them out and kills them fairly quickly.

The older cat just lays there and sleeps. -_-U The only thing she is interested in hunting is an opened can of tuna.

Deleted • 25 February 2015 at 3:49 AM

@byfelisa Im ready anytime you want me to! 😊 Ive been way too bored lately. Besides, contests are fun and its been a while since or last one.

Also eagerly awaiting your reply to my rather lengthy wallpost string, haha. ❤️

Deleted • 25 February 2015 at 5:51 AM

@kaiserbakura
Noooo don't scold her! :c
When a cat takes a caught prey near you (= the humans he/she lives with), well, that's his/her way to make a gift. It's like they're showing you how to hunt (it's something they do all the time with their kittens to teach them), so it's a sign they love you. You should pet her when she brings a "gift". 😊

Female
2,910 posts

duchess • 26 February 2015 at 4:24 AM

@byfelisa

I'd love to help out with a contest!

I've just started school again, and it's a little tricky to get back into a studying mood after 3 months of holidays haha.

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 26 February 2015 at 7:53 AM

@kaiserbakura
I saw a mouse in my house (hehehe the rhymes) some time late last year. It was the most beautiful creature I had ever seen but the fear on it's face was horrible >.< I just wanted to relocate it to a safer place

Argh sunburnt again in a moderate heat Those UV rays are much stronger that I realise!

@duchess
I'm in the same boat except I start next week XD I only had orientation this week but oh boy it was fun!

1,232 posts

kaiserbakura • 26 February 2015 at 1:04 PM

@mastergemma

I actually like rodents, i just dont like them wilds. Domesticated they make excellent pets. I've owned a number of hamsters and my family has owned quite a few birds. Right now i cant own either because i own two cats. Maybe after the cats i'll go back to birds, maybe some nice lovebirds or a Parakeet. I'm in no hurry thou, i love my Kitties.

Female
2,910 posts

duchess • 28 February 2015 at 5:49 AM

@mastergemma Oooh best of luck! Are you starting university?

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 28 February 2015 at 6:17 AM

@duchess
Yes I am and I've had an absolute blast so far! I officially start classes this Monday, so far it's just been orientation week.

@kaiserbakura
My friend owned a mouse and it was the cutest little thing! It even did a poop in my pocket ❤️ (You think everything about an animal is cute when you're in love with it XD )

Female
2,910 posts

duchess • 1 March 2015 at 5:14 AM

@mastergemma That's fantastic! Do you mind if I ask what you're studying?

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 1 March 2015 at 5:48 AM

@duchess
I'm doing a Bachelor of Science course which is going to be exciting!

Female
2,910 posts

duchess • 2 March 2015 at 6:33 PM

@mastergemma That sounds really fun 😃 Good luck with all of your studies

Female
1,984 posts

marie_lily • 5 March 2015 at 9:34 AM

Hey everyone!

Sorry I've been gone so long, but now I'm back. How have you guys been? A lot has changed, and I'm hoping to catch up with everyone soon. I've missed you all!

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 31 March 2015 at 3:35 AM

@marie_lily
Welcome back! It's always great seeing old users returning.

@duchess
Thanks 😊 (nearly a whole month late... whoops)

There's these birds that sit on my window sill and I keep trying to take a photo of them but the poor camera isn't smart enough to realize that I want to take an image of the things behind the semi-see through curtain.

I can't move the curtain either because the birds fly off. One day I'm going to figure out how to get a clear image of these cute little things and show you all

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 19 April 2015 at 8:06 PM

Hi Everyone! 😃

How are you doing this weekend?
Did you have fun with Egg Cave's Easter Egg Hunt?

We love to hear about it and more so why not drop on in and let us know what you have been up to. 😸

My weekend has been quite busy and creative.
You all have inspired me to give it my best and all so you can enjoy a fun newsletter this month.

Though, I have been working on things from getting a new back up site to updating things needing much attention in our bird club; took much happiness in not missing out on the Dragold's Den and Easter Egg Hunt.

Both my fiance and I have been trying out new recipes and taking turns cooking. It has been gratifying that I can sit back and delight in a meal I didn't cook. 😃

Let us see, my daughter has a miniature doberman pincher and chihuahua mix doggie. She is the cutest thing and melts my heart. Her name is Chestnut and I just enjoy walking, playing and talking with her. She can be so comical at times.

I have to read the bird digest I've subscribed to and it looks so great with many beautiful bird pictures to gaze at.

My back has been hurting but I'm doing very well so no worries and thank everyone for the encouragement, over the years it has helped so much. ❤️

Well I have a greeting card to share with you and hope it brightens your day. Enjoy and look forward to chatting with you this week. Hugs! 😸

http://www.123greetings.com/send/view/04319615017103555216

Deleted • 21 April 2015 at 12:01 AM

Hey guys!
I'm the new member of the club. 😊
So let me introduce myself.
So, hi, I'm loveicepop, joined eggcave Febuary 2015.
I am a super-smart kid. (Nerd!) 😸
I love chatting with friends, though I'm mostly a third wheel sometimes.
So hello!

I love birds. And nature. Art. Science.
Ok let's not get into everything I love.
I have a cat named Mochi, and he just turned 1 years old this month. My birthday is in April too! My birthday is April 25.
Hey, can you guys make a poem, drawing, or song for his birthday? I don't really think this is going to go in the games center, because you don't really get a prize. The prize is using your creativity. Not technically a prize, right? So let's get to it. I'm already done, I sang too many birthday songs already.

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 21 April 2015 at 1:09 AM

@byfelisa
I'm not a good cook at all but I do take pride in my marvelous mistakes including making donuts instead of cupcakes.

Chestnut sounds like such a good name for a dog but what an interesting mix in breeds! I wonder if it will grow large or stay small like other Chihuahuas.

I hope your back doesn't cause you too much grief!

@loveicepop
Welcome to the club!

Don't worry, us third wheelers will get our time to shine! I think everyone at least has an appreciation of nature, even if they won't admit it.

Well, at the moment I am preparing an oral presentation of my essay about if viruses are living or non-living. It is such an interesting topic and I wish I had more time just to research more about it.

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 21 April 2015 at 1:45 AM

It is so great to know more about you @loveicepop. 😸

Believe it or not a nerd is a good thing and so can be the same for a third wheel. I was awkward when younger because I was an egghead but all my creativity flourished and had the best of all worlds.

Cool, then we can chat it up in here then when you are online!

That is fantastic you love those areas as so do I.
I love wolves, horses, dogs and cats too.

How neat! I will make up a poem for your cat Mochi. 😊
Happy Be-lated Birthday to him. I hope he felt really spoiled.

LOL It will be one of those judgement calls but anyone is free to make something special for Mochi.
Lately, everyone seems to be busy with school and work but rest assure, those who are around will do something nice for him.

May you have a wonderful birthday coming up. 😃
Thanks for letting us get to know you, so appreciate the introduction.

I'm a mother of three daughters all in their later 20's, live in Massachusetts and work as a graphic artist. My work is mainly creating web pages, graphics, applications and anything to do with a computer pretty much. I love music, bird watching, cooking, crocheting, writing poetry and basketball.
Let me know forget my virtual pets, I adore them!

May you have a lovely Tuesday and hugs back at ya! 😊

@mastergemma, I have found that sometimes practicing cooking and baking can yield some great mistakes and delicious accidents. 😊 😊 😊
I've been cooking since 8 years old and can tell you I have experimented and had my share of mishaps but all in all had a blast in the kitchen and still do; though learned what not to mix together. LOL

I say go for it and keep at it. 😉
Hey, that is good anyway you look at it, donuts instead of cupcakes or vice-versa is splendid as you have something good and sweet to eat either way.

Oh, you wouldn't know this but Chestnut was named that because she has the perfect chestnut color coat except her paws which have some white.
She is adorable and won't grow anymore so has reached her peak. She is considered a toy dog so you can fit her in your purse practically. A little smaller than most Chihuahuas but has the same temperament as them. She thinks she is human and does some really funny stuff and miss her when she isn't around.

Thank you, I hope all is well with you. ❤️
Lying down and just resting did the trick with my back. It delayed me finishing up the newsletter but glad the pain is gone.

Please let us know how the oral presentation goes and wish you all the best on your essay. That sounds like a fascinating subject not to mention you are right, something like that needs more time.
However, would be very interested in hearing your findings sometime when you are able to share it. 😃

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 21 April 2015 at 2:40 AM

@byfelisa

Toy dog (excuse me for a minute as I go gooey eyed at a screen). I absolutely love toy dogs and any dogs that are small enough to fit on my lap. I desperately want a Yorkshire Terrier because to me it's the perfect toy dog (excluding the cost). Plus, I love small things which is probably why my figurine collection is so large (hahaha).

I'll comment about my assignment later, I can't think straight with all the thoughts of dogs in my head (what a beautiful distraction) .

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 21 April 2015 at 3:58 AM

I heard of toy dogs but share your excitement over one now @mastergemma since my daughter has Chestnut.

Talk about adorable and so perfectly small at the same time. Ah, a Yorkshire Terrier is beautiful and a great dog to pamper and have on your lap too. 😸
I agree, the cost is way up there but anything worth loving and taking care of is.

LOL when did you start out on your figurine collection?
Do you have them from all over the world?

I'm on a mission and want to collect snow globes from all over the world. I just love globes so much and also want to make my own as now I learned how I can, how neat is that?

Wonderful! I look forward to you elaborating on your essay. 😃
Awww, I hear that. Well, at least it was a great distraction nonetheless.

Going to get some shut-eye now as had a long day and maybe we can discuss more about doggies too later.

Have a good night and warm hugs! ❤️

Deleted • 22 April 2015 at 12:17 AM

@byfelisa
It's a good thing to be a nerd, getting high-fives when I get an A+. I mostly get straight As, not to brag.
Well, a third well is ok. I get to read a book or do my own thing, sometimes.
Woah, your really older than me. I'm only in elementary.
On Sunday, I got Mochi a giant cat tree. It's really exciting. It's bigger than me!
@mastergemma
You love toy dogs? You must love my friend's toy poodle. He's like 20-25 inches tall and is very cute. His name is Chase.

I have a math test on Friday. Must study....
Lol. I already studied.
I've having a violin concert in June. I just got the concert music. Now playing it on my teeny tiny violin, it's pretty hard. At least it's only three pages long.

Is there going to be a earth day creature this year? Never know..... Well, the egg hunt was ok. So, probably this will be the same thing.
😊

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 22 April 2015 at 12:47 AM

Yes, it does feel good to get high-fives for every A you get @loveicepop. It just comes naturally and that is a great thing and don't see it as bragging at all. 😃

True, I love being a reader of books and doing whatever I want that makes me happy. What is life if you don't enjoy yourself? It is better to beat to your own drum and make positive changes than to follow something hum-drum and feel like you are wasting your time.

LOL I am older than most here.
Enjoy the time you have in school right now and don't take any of it for granted. I cherish the younger years and listening to my grandmother about school.

YAY! Cat trees and bungalows are quite nice and makes any cat happy who owns one. Though, we don't have a cat anymore; the bungalow is still in the closet.

Good luck with your math test and concert coming up soon. ❤️

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 22 April 2015 at 5:12 AM

@byfelisa
I'm planning on getting a mutt with Yorkshire genes one day because then it will look similar to a Yorkie but be much cheaper.

My figurine collection was started before I even knew what a figurine was. Some of my figurines I've had since I was very young and I don't even remember getting some of them. But I only really started to buy more around 5 years ago. I mainly collect anime or anime type figurines and so I have some Pokemon, Sailor Moon, Vocaloid and some other ones. Oh and League of Legends (who can forget about the gaming ones).

I do have rocks that have come from around the world. I have an Australian opal and tourmaline, Korean jade, American obsidian and many other stones that the whereabouts were never mentioned.

Oh, snow globes are so cool! That is so cool! There's actually some make-your-own toy snow globe sets being sold where I live but the designs are only appealing for very young children

@loveicepop
Poodles are so cute when not used as fashion accessories.
**Converts inches to cm** Ahh, that's a nice sized dog!

My dog, Buster, can nearly jump as high as I am tall. I'm around 170cm and he can reach at least 150cm despite being a medium sized dog. He is so energetic that he just doesn't stop. At least now he's showing a little age as he would be around the 50-60 year old mark for dog years.

I'll write about my essay later, I have an assignment due tomorrow that I should continue now. I think I went well for the presentation except throughout it I was tongue-tied and I was smiling like a maniac.

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 22 April 2015 at 6:54 PM

Evening @mastergemma,
That would be a wiser choice to get if you are saving money but still want the Yorkshire gene. 😊
There have been many winning dogs under that breed.

How delightful, they have to have a more meaningful and sentimental value to you now that you are older.
What a great theme to have them in. I love those Anime characters and do read manga when I get a chance. You are talking something classic for sure in the gaming world. 😃

Now that is something I never thought about but is fascinating you have rocks from around the world. Any particular one you would love to acquire to add to the collection?

Really? I so need to find some more kits so designing them will be so beautiful and unique mixing the parts.
Yes, that is when I first starting falling in love with them. My family traveled many places and always brought me back a souvenir. I guess it started then for me around age 7.

I wanted to open one up and see how it was made and try to make one myself while in grammar school. I adore snowglobes, it is like they capture whatever the theme or place is it represents. ❤️

Thank you, I would love to hear about it and you know what it is so much better than your knees knocking, hand sweating and you almost fainting during a presentation. I was so nervous almost had an accident on myself. After that, it got much better standing in front of everyone. It prepared me for plays and singing where you have to be front and center but I thought I would die. Hehehe

---------

Thank you very much @brunosc!
The video is awesome and the Macaws are so vivid in color. That is a trip worth planning for to see the tour while vacationing there.
The scenery looks like it is to die for. Ahhhh!

If anyone wants to comment on this video we can discuss it here in this thread. Thanks again for a splendid share

@kschr26
I concur, to have the birds come to you and you are able to interact with them and be surrounded by more than one species at a time is so amazing. It is the only time I see them all come eat the same thing rather it is their first choice of food or not.

That must be a very fun and relaxing time for you at the lake. I love to just chill most of the day there and even write poetry too. Sometimes, it is about the birds but it is mainly my frame of mind (mood) mostly that dictates my writing. Birds inspire such depth and beauty from your eyes to pen.

I will try and look up the tree then, thank you for elaborating more on it. 😊

Yes, it is one of our highest mountains here in Western Massachusetts. It has an elevation of 3,491 with 120 acres. It spans from the Berkshires to Taconic Mountains. It is noted for all kinds of species of birds sighted on top of the mountain. I can tell you that from Spring to Summer people visit with binoculars and also learn about the history of the mountain. It is a shame more birds use to be viewed than today but it is still a sight to see. 😃

------

@audrei9
Welcome! I'm happy to hear you love the club already. 😸
You have been added to our member list and a badge will be made for you this weekend and displayed on our club's website.
Do poke around and read about the club more. We have an account strictly for club business and that is where your bird will come from should you select one from there. 😊

Female
9 posts

dark-alice • 24 April 2015 at 12:05 PM

Hello! I'm a new member of the #BOAF club.

I'm dark-alice, joined Eggcave April 20th. I love animals, games, music (especially rock and instrumental), reading, and writing, and that's it for now. I probably forgot mentioning something... oh well. I also love learning new things. I'm from Brazil, and despite some things going on here, I love where I live.

❤️

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 24 April 2015 at 8:35 PM

Hi @dark-alice!
Welcome and nice to meet you. ❤️
How do you like it here at Egg Cave so far?

Wow! I love the same things only I listen to all kinds of music and mostly depending on my mood. 😊
Avid gamer from everything old Atari/Nintendo to modern PS4. I've played online MMORPG and gaming sites like (Playsite - no longer around), Big Fish Games and Pogo. What games are you into?

I guess it is obvious I love birds. Hehehe
However, snow leopards, wolves, horses, tigers and deers to name a few I even petition for their safety.

What do you like to read and write? Any good book you recommend? I love fantasy/adventure for the most part but no longer write short stories. I stick mainly to penning poetry.

Maybe, you will share some new things with us as you learn them?

I'm glad to hear you love where you live. Brazil seems like a very beautiful place from the pictures I have seen and the celebrations that are shown on television. 😃

I use to watch this family show that was aired from Brazil in the mornings. I forget the name but it was really nice and fun. My daughters enjoyed it, it was a young woman hosting the show and you got to see and learn about things native to Brazil, it was fascinating.

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 24 April 2015 at 9:49 PM

@byfelisa
Opals. They are stunning whether they are cut for jewelry or left natural. Whether it is shiny or dull. Their beauty is matched by no other crystal and they can come in so many different colours and types. One day I would like to travel to Cooper Pedy as it's considered the opal capital of the world. It's going to be quite a trip though since it's in the outback and nothing is ever close in the outback.

Well, here's a little about my essay all summed up in neat little paragraphs

Viruses are these insanely small particles that while not in a host cell, are completely inert. They are made up of only a protein coat and a form of DNA resides inside of it.

At their discovery, viruses were assumed to be small bacteria and when later information emerged, it was discovered that viruses do not contain any energy, enzymes or biological processes. They lack organelles (basically organs but for each individual cell) and they do not require energy to live.

They are considered living as while they enter a host cell, they screw it over. They completely take over the cell and mass produce more viruses from the host's very own organelles and when the host organism sends over different things to destroy the infected cell, the viruses escape.

I consider them to not currently be living but maybe in the past they were once living creatures that learnt to be the ultimate parasite. They require the host cell to live and without it, they are just motionless particles with no purpose.

Female
9 posts

dark-alice • 24 April 2015 at 10:17 PM

@byfelisa
I like here in Egg Cave - so far so good!-, this game has some beautiful art and nice players.

I guess the first videogame I have ever played was the Nintendo 64, with The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (one of my favorites, I've got it on my 3DS now), Starfox 64, San Francisco Rush, and others along with the Super Nintendo (both are my dad's). I also played on PSX and PS2, PSP and 3DS (where I have Ocarina of Time and A Link Between Worlds). Sometimes, I play on my boyfriend's PS3 too. I love playing on the PC though. I also love MMORPGs. I have played on gaming sites, and I still do sometimes. My favorite genre is RPG.

I love animals in general, although wolves, horses and some birds are the ones that I admire the most. ❤️ It's nice that you help animals, I hope one day I can do the same.

For now, I'm reading more books for my college, so I'm having little time to read anything else. But I like some national works and Edgar Allan Poe. I like to write poetry and some short stories (for now). Maybe one day I'll become a writer ❤️

It would be cool if I shared something useful while learning new things! 😃

Was that family show from here?

Deleted • 26 April 2015 at 9:04 PM

Hey guys!
Yesterday was my birthday, as some of you know.
So I had a hawiian party. Aloha! My family and some friends came. It was awesome. We had a barabecue (even though it was raining most of the time), a hula hoop contest (where I lost) and a huge cake. It was a fun time.

Today, I went to an amusement park. Dang it, I didn't go on a roller coaster. Only 5 friends went with me. Although I didn't go on a roller coaster, I still had fun. I mostly got to go on water rides. 😃
So what do you do today?

Two-Spirit
753 posts

brunosc • 9 May 2015 at 3:17 PM

@loveicepop
That looks so amazing! I haven't had themed parties since like forever xD I should try something out this year 😊

As for me, today I just studied as always because life's not easy (and neither is my university /cries/) LOL. Anyways, my mom came home today for lunch and now we're preparing to go to our farm and spend the day there. If we're lucky we'll be able to see some woodpeckers and even some macaws 😊

Female
148 posts

ugena • 11 May 2015 at 8:32 AM

Hello everyone!

I'm a new member of the boaf club so I'd like to introduce myself a little.

Even if I'm a nem member here, my account is one and a half year old. My first language is french, so I can sometimes misunderstand others or write something that can be wrong, by if it happens, just tell me and I'll be happy to make it right. 😊
I'm a mother of 2 young children and this summer I'll have a third one, a girl. 😊 Normally, I just talk if I have something to say, so I can be quiet for a long time, but I generally reply everytime if someone want to talk. I'm not like some other people that ignore what you told...

May you have a nice day everyone. 😊