BOAFCHAT

in General

Female
55 posts

happiness422 • 22 November 2015 at 2:45 AM

@gymnastics001 We have been paired up for the friendship swap! We are going to have some fun!

Female
2,491 posts

leafmelody • 22 November 2015 at 2:58 AM

@byfelisa
I'm terribly sorry, but what's the friendship swap? 😃 (I suck at understanding stuff... XD) Thxs! ❤️ /huggles/

Also, thanks for that info! 😸

Female
562 posts

lenamilove • 22 November 2015 at 3:15 AM

@byfelisa

You're so sweet. I'll make sure to post more, especially in this latter half of the school year.

I've moved a lot because of job opportunities for the family.

Wow! I've been to most of the country, but I've yet to visit up to New York and the Bronx, Queens and the like. I hear they all have such vibrant cultural differences, in such a small area! I find it fascinating.

Hopefully it doesn't get too cold for you up there! I'm more nestled in the South, much closer to Georgia.

---
I can't think of any big funny mishap on Thanksgiving.. But there was one day when my father tried to make my mom cookies when she was sleeping. Long story short, he burnt five packages of cookie dough and a package of brownies in an hour. x) He's not the most adept at baking.
-
My mom's culinary specialty is beef kelaguen, which she makes on special occasions.
It's a Chamorro(Guamanian) dish where you chop up cubes of raw beef and pour boiling water over them to cook them, adding lemon juice, salt, onions/onion powder, soy sauce, and spicy peppers, if you want. You serve it chilled, with rice. Most people find it pretty foreign and strange, but they end up liking it too. 😉

The acidic lemon actually cooks the beef all by itself, so you don't have to worry about it being dangerous.

173 posts

valkeyrie • 23 November 2015 at 3:20 AM

@byfelisa Thank you! A lot of the friends I had on the site have left so I'm looking around for people to talk to 😃
Also, the user who usually helps feed my cove is in hospital and my creatures are dropping like flies. Is it okay for me to ask for cove help on here? I always feed back.

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 23 November 2015 at 11:26 PM

@leafmelody
Are you okay now with the way the Friendship Swap works now or do you need additional information?

You just send items to your partner for 10 days.
It is like you shower another member with gifts until the activity is over.

You both get to visit each others' cove and feed the creatures. Let me know if you need any help. 😊

❤️ --------- ❤️

You're welcome @valkeyrie and know what you are going through as have had friends leave here. You can talk in here anytime. I will be around more for chatting. 😃

Not to worry I put 27 of your pets in the immortalizing service, as they mature will switch them out for more of your pets to level up and also sent you something towards reviving your pets.

Sorry, don't have any more 💵 right now but maybe if you can wait until next month will help out. I know what it is like to lose a lot of pets while away and it is heartbreaking. Take good courage, it will be okay. 😸

❤️

❤️

Awww, you are such a gem @lenamilove! Thank you and that would be so great. Then, I can share some more stuff in our chat. I have recipes, lots of information from the Audubon Society and other goodies.

That is understandable, especially if it was all for the betterment of your family. 😊

True, it is rich with a diversity of cultures in each borough of New York. I love it! Imagine the cuisine from all over the world in one place. Fantastic!

The city never sleeps is actually a fact. I miss running to the corner store and it is open at late night.
Going to the theatre and a chance to meet a celebrity or a movie and getting out late, so taking a cab home.
Even if you have a car, it is a different experience using mass transit or a cab in NY. You'll either love it or hate it. Either way, there are some things about them that you will never forget because you only will see it in NYC. 😸

Oh, how lucky you are right now. Today was a very cold day and so windy. I didn't want to stay out long at all. Couldn't wait to get back home and drink some herbal tea while putting the heat on. Guess, it is an early warning the winter is going to be a freezer.
Thanks, it is unpredictable mostly due to the mountains. One thing for sure cold is frigid up here.

Oh my! That is funny he went through all that cookie dough and brownies too. At least, he was determined to bake for your mom and his heart was in the right place. 😃

Yum, that sounds so good. I'm not sure if I tried it out it would come out the same way as your mom's.
That is interesting about how she makes it and the lemon cooking the beef. Yes, I was so skirmish about even having sushi but did try it once with my daughters. It wasn't bad at all.

I think anyone who can go through mishaps and still continue on with a resolve to get something done has already conquered the odds. It is neat to see how others react and then respond to challenging situations.
Next time I complain about my stove/oven I will surely think of that article, smile and drop the whining. LOL

Well, going to get going but wish you a wonderful evening.

Hugs to all of you! ❤️

173 posts

valkeyrie • 24 November 2015 at 12:05 AM

@byfelisa Jeez, you are just the sweetest thing. Thank you so much! I'm sure this space will prove wonderful for making new friends and I'm already obsessed with the jigsaw puzzles haha.

Thank you for being so kind and welcoming ❤️

Female
2,491 posts

leafmelody • 24 November 2015 at 1:41 AM

@byfelisa
I'm fine! ❤️

Deleted • 24 November 2015 at 8:33 PM

@byfelisa

Sorry for the late reply! I've been busy with my vacation for the holidays to really read and catch up on things~!

Female
309 posts

polaroid • 29 November 2015 at 8:31 PM

@Byfelisa + @everyoneelsethat'shere

Hi guys! 😊 (I haven't been here in forever I know..I'm pretty sure I'm still a member though right? o3o)

Anyone want to do a friendship swap? o0o

Non-binary
2,821 posts

lunacharm1037 • 29 November 2015 at 10:32 PM

@byfelisa

in the spring, perhaps you remember my "Bird Factoid" story about the 2 turtle doves building a nest. The male stood on her back and handed (Beaked) her small pieces of our dead part of the tree in front of the window. The front and top is green and only the back is dead. We could see them in the nest and they saw us watching them too. Then one day we saw 2 small eggs in there and they took turns sitting on them and then they hatched So cool and tiny and fluffy. they fed them seeds and dad taught them to fly. It was kinda funny,watching them try to fly and land back on the branch by the nest. Then when they mastered the art of flying..they were gone. then we saw a little later two more eggs, and wen those two flew away, there was two more eggs which grew up and flew away. Now its empty, and we keep seeds there in case they ever come back.
Amazing they had 6 baby birds this summer.

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 30 November 2015 at 5:04 PM

Evening Everyone!

How are you all doing today?

I have been missing in action for 3 days, they are preparing my fiance to come home in a week's time.

Meanwhile, I'm doing everything on my end to make sure the home evaluation goes well and there is nothing in his walk path.

My kitten Lily Ann is not cooperating. She is flinging her toys and anything else she gets her paws on around the house. It is double duty work for me lately in addition to my home business.

I apologize for not having the mini-games/contest posted in the forum by now and haven't been able to answer back here in chat or any PMs.

Tonight I will make sure I do as really need to get a good nap in first. My body and mind are just a bit tired right now.

Are you all planning to take advantage of the great sale and bonuses in the Cash Shop?
It is so exciting! Of course, I will contain myself until tomorrow and go batty no doubt shopping. 😊

It is very cold here now and glad I got the flu and pneumonia shots last month. Something tells me it will be the worst outbreak coming up this winter.

Anyone got anything they like to share, vent or inform us about? Let it rip! We are all ears. 😃

That is fine @lil_minxy_ and hope the holidays turn out very well for you and your family. 😊
Appreciate you taking the time to stop by and let us know.

Thank you @valkeyrie and you are most welcome.
Puzzles can be so much fun and also addictive. LOL
It is great that you are enjoying the jigsaws. I will be sure to put up another puzzle and include it in the mini-games. 😸

Hi @polaroid!
How have you been? Welcome back hugs! ❤️
Yes, you are still a member here and though the Friendship Swap is just about over, not to worry.
We will be having a Winter Wonderland Swap next month. You can sign up for it and have some fun then. It is so good seeing you back with us again. 😸

@lunacharm1037
That is a wonderful outcome to the story you did tell about the two turtle doves. ❤️

Wow! Thanks for sharing how it turned out. I'm so happy to hear they mated and had 6 cute little birds this summer.
I like to view it as they have found a more beautiful place to live and maybe one day will return just so you know they are alright. That is so neat, the seeds will help them find their way back. 😃

Wishing everyone a good remainder of the day and may you have a fun time on Egg Cave. Birdie Hugs ❤️

Female
309 posts

polaroid • 30 November 2015 at 5:24 PM

@Byfelisa

Woohoo! Do you mean in December or in January? Since it's the 30th of November here.. 😋 (timezones, just checking~)

Kittens are adorable yet very mischievous, no?

173 posts

valkeyrie • 2 December 2015 at 5:08 AM

Hello everyone, I was just wondering if I could get some help. I have a couple of friends babysitting creatures for me from when I was on hiatus and they haven't gotten back to me yet. I can put my own creatures in Tim's but since technically I don't own these, I can't do that (or put them in the click exchange).
If you could please help keep them from dying, I would be so so grateful. There's not much else I can do.
http://eggcave.com/egg/1287525
http://eggcave.com/egg/1388729
http://eggcave.com/egg/1410449

Let me know if you feed them and I'll feed back 😸

Female
144 posts

rhys12 • 12 December 2015 at 7:54 AM

I AM COLLECTING VACCINS, IF ANYONE HAS SOME TO SPARE, TELL ME AND I WILL GLADLY GIVE THEM A HOME!

Non-binary
2,821 posts

lunacharm1037 • 12 December 2015 at 9:33 PM

@valkeyrie

fed the three creatures you listed. Don't worry honey they are immortal 😊

173 posts

valkeyrie • 14 December 2015 at 8:58 AM

@lunacharm1037

Yes, sorry I completely forgot this post was here, I should've said something. I think our kind byfelisa immortalised them for me like the angel she is 😃

Deleted • 14 December 2015 at 9:02 AM

Early Merry Christmas!

Jut in case I miss the chance to say it since I'm moving yet again.

Non-binary
2,821 posts

lunacharm1037 • 14 December 2015 at 9:23 PM

@ lilminxy_

Early Merry Christmas to you too 😊 i hope you have a good one 😊

Deleted • 17 January 2016 at 8:11 PM

Hope everyone is having a good new year 😃

Female
2,211 posts

thedarkarcher • 9 February 2016 at 5:15 AM

Hey everyone how are you dont visit this forum often so thought ill add a post 😃

Deleted • 9 February 2016 at 4:40 PM

Hey!

I'm having a rough patch right now.. Kinda crummy..

Hope everyone else has a better week ! 😃

Female
348 posts

coral_sage • 14 February 2016 at 7:29 AM

Hello! I'm coral_sage and I'm new to BOAF! Nice to meet you all! 😊

Deleted • 6 March 2016 at 7:24 PM

@coral_sage

HELLO! 😃

Also, how's everyone? 😃

Female
1,475 posts

emeraldfirefly • 6 March 2016 at 7:28 PM

@coral_sage
Hi!

@lilminxy_
Terrific. I got a Neebu and a Sweesh 😃

Deleted • 6 March 2016 at 7:28 PM

@emeraldfirefly

That's awesome 😃

Female
1,475 posts

emeraldfirefly • 6 March 2016 at 7:30 PM

@lilminxy_
Thanks! I've got to restrain myself from spending ec now though.

1,853 posts

purgatory • 14 November 2016 at 10:03 PM

Alright talon enthusiasts! It's November, and I'm wishing you a great day ❤️

Well, im developing a game, it's taking me forever but I think I can finish it by the end of the month ❤️

@emeraldfirefly congrats! ❤️

@coral_sage welcome! We hope you have a great time here! Feel free to ask questions :]

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 27 January 2017 at 5:45 PM

Thank you @chicachicken. 😸
It is so nice to know you are happy with the information posted today.

@ammolite you are a breath of fresh air, thank you for all you are doing for us club members. 😃

Hi @stagfire!
How are things with you this week? It is cold, icy and getting dark here.

Welcome back @barbyka and @stormysilverlake1.
It is marvelous to see you two posting in the club again. ❤️

Deleted • 27 January 2017 at 5:46 PM

@byfelisa Thanks! 😃

Female
153 posts

stormysilverlake1 • 27 January 2017 at 8:15 PM

@byfelisa

Awe, thank you! 😊 It's wonderful to be back! ❤️