BOAFFUN

in Forum Games

What kind of games do you like to play most? (Multiple answers allowed.)

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 21 November 2013 at 12:33 AM

:: ~ BIRDS OF A FEATHER FUN ACTIVITY CENTER ~ ::

```````````-------
`````````/````````\
````````-|```(o)````___
````````-```````````````\
````````--`````````---````\
``````````\````````\
`````````/``````````\
````````/````\```````|
```````/`````|```````|
``````/``````/```````|
``````|`````/```````/
``````\````/```````/
`````/`\``/```````/
````/```--``````
```/```````\---/
``/``````````\-\
`/````````/```\-\
/\``/````/\`````\-\
``\/`-\`/`````````------'
`````-\/

OUR MASCOT DARKESTSHADOW ENCOURAGES ALL MEMBERS TO ENJOY THEMSELVES WHILE HERE EACH DAY

You are now entering the Fun Zone for all BOAF Club Members to join in all activities daily, weekly and monthly.

** YOU ARE NOT TO CHAT HERE PLEASE. **
We have a forum thread exclusively for that purpose at #BOAFCHAT

[YOU CAN POST ANSWERS in response to games, contests or mini-games]

If you have a certain question related to anything here you are free to PM a game moderator or post freely in our chat thread anytime. 😸

IF YOU ARE LOOKING for the following features of our club, THESE ARE available here:

ALL GAMES, CONTESTS & ACTIVITIES
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS
CLUB-WIDE UPDATES & INFORMATION
END OF THE MONTH RECAP
MONTHLY NEWSLETTERS

BOAF Game Moderators:

@byfelisa - Owner of #BOAF / #BOAFFUN / #BOAFCHAT
@ammolite - Game Moderator

This forum is also moderated and monitored by: @tikimaki @interstellar

http://boafclub.net/memory/ECMemoryGame.html
- OUR BIRD MEMORY GAME -

http://boafclub.net/ECJigsawPuzzle.html
- WEEKLY JIGSAW PUZZLE -

Birds Are So Cool

❤️ ❤️ FEBRUARY 2017 NEWSLETTER - PAGE , POST # and # ❤️ ❤️

❤️ ❤️ JANUARY 2017 END OF THE MONTH NEWS - PAGE 23, POST #682 ❤️ ❤️

JANUARY 2017 SPECIAL CLUB NEWS - PAGE 22, POST #639, #645, #649 and #657

❤️ ❤️ NOVEMBER 2015 NEWS - PAGE 17, POST #489 and #491 ❤️ ❤️

CLUB ANNOUNCEMENTS - PAGE 1, POST #2, #3

CLUB-WIDE UPDATES & INFO. - PAGE 1, POST #4

NEW MINI-GAME - PAGE 23, POST #682

MINI-CONTEST TIME! - PAGE , POST #

BLAZING HEARTS SWAP ACTIVITY - PAGE , POST #

RAOK CHARITY CONTEST - PAGE , POST #

....___
.../O>O\
.../vvvv\
<|vvvvv|>
.....|...|
.....^ ^

❤️ HAVE A CHIRPING GOOD DAY ALL AND HUGS! ❤️

Female
5 posts

contests-r-us • 21 November 2013 at 1:41 AM

*** IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ***

This is our first announcement made in this forum thread.

Upon the suggestion of @marie_lily our assistant moderator, it has become necessary to split the club's operations in order to make it more easier for members and moderators to follow posts and none get ignored or unseen. Thanks very much, Marie!

** FOR NOW ON THE #BOAF CLUB THREAD will be for new egg cavers requesting to join us/waiting list, posting the club's anthem daily, keeping track of dying coves and posting artwork on main page. **

[WE NOW HAVE TWO NEW FORUM THREADS TO CONDUCT CLUB ACTIVITY IN TWO LEVELS.]

BOAFCHAT - All members can discuss anything here or ask specific questions to be answered by any member or club moderator.

All moderators can discuss among themselves or as a group club issues and ideas in this forum thread in addition to it is open to all club members to chat freely.

BOAFFUN - Announcements, Club Updates/Info., Games (All) & Contests and Monthly Newsletter will be posted there.

@duchess is our Head Games Mod and will oversee all fun activities as stated in her task description on the club's website which applies to the new forum thread.

This is PERMANENT and we would love to know what you think and how it is fairing before the end of the year.

We want everyone to have fun and be able to find what they are looking for while here, if you agree please give us feedback. 😃

That is it as far as the announcement goes.
Thank you all for helping the club to grow and for being outstanding members always.

❤️❤️ Birdie Hugs ❤️❤️

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 21 November 2013 at 1:55 AM

Good Morning Everyone!!

@lunacharm1037 - (Dovqua)
Whoa! A water dove-like bird is perfect.
I love it and hope it gets created as would want it right away. Beautiful job you did on the creature and egg, thank you for creating something special for us.

This is one of the things I was hoping that we would have birds created that were inspired by the love for EC and pride in our club here in the forum. Thank You!

Our club's account at @contests-r-us will be restored to normal in the new year, in the meantime will be working on reviving the creatures and adding new ones for prizes. There will still be EC, travels, LE creatures and CS creatures given out from that account.

I like to thank all members who posted more gorgeous bird art. I will update the front page of the club's forum thread with them also by tomorrow.

- - - There is a need to back track the activity here since March and will award the MOTM Recognition Reward to those members who qualified for it in my absence in November.

** I will have a mini newsletter for November out no later than the 5th of the month.

** No official monthly drawing raffle will be held until the end of December.

All members are free to contribute to the newsletter by PM'ing me the information you like to be posted in it.

** Remember to only post the Club's Anthem once a day. **
This helps you qualify for the monthly drawing and also makes it easier to track each of you who posts. Multiple posting only confuses me and I have to back track all over again. LOL

Mini-Games here in the forum will be first come, first to win basis. Read the guidelines carefully and be quick.
* A prize may or may not be awarded each time. *

Inactivity in the forum thread and non participation in monthly activities will always be monitored by the club moderators.
We do not kick anyone out of anything here, instead we will help and support our fellow bird members.
If you need help just let us know, if you are sick or going through RL problems don't worry we got your back. We will see to your creatures as best we can and keep you in our thoughts.

If a member should request to leave the club, that is your right and will be understood. That will leave an opening for a EC member on our waiting list to be automatically by chronological order to be an official new member. Please PM either @duchess @tikimaki @byfelisa if you wish to leave the club discreetly.

Thank you all so much for being here and for the wonderful outpour of friendship and kindness you show everyone whether an older member or new one coming in. It is what has always made this a GREAT club experience to be a part of.

- - - For those of you who asked me if I needed any help, yes I do.

The current member list needs to be checked and balanced. What I need is if some of you can visit and just make sure the account is active and there are two birds there.

For your help you will be rewarded and thank you in advance to those who can help me with this task.

FUN STUFF TO SHARE WITH YOU:

Check out some bird videos here - Requires Adobe Flash Player! (Really worth the time)
http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/winged-planet/videos/japanese-crane-courtship-dance.htm

Today's Jokes -

Where does a peacock go when it loses its tail?
A re-tail store!

What birds are found in Portugal?
Portu-geese!

SUPER DUPER EASY APPLE CAKE

PREP: 15 MINS. COOK: 40 MINS. READY IN: 55 MINS.

* Original recipe calls for a 10 inch tube pan

INGREDIENTS:

1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix

1 tablespoon ground cinnamon

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and finely diced

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Prepare cake mix according to package directions for a 10 inch tube pan. Stir in the cinnamon and vanilla extract, then fold in the chopped apples.

2. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.

(Prepared Pan - Grease pan all around and then lightly flour it. Shake off any excess flour and its ready to be used for baking the cake.)

Well, that is it for now. I will get going with working on things behind the scenes.

Big Hugs To Everyone! ❤️ ❤️

Female
5 posts

contests-r-us • 21 November 2013 at 2:05 AM

Good Morning/Evening Everyone!

How was your day? Did it turn out well?

Please help me welcome to the club officially the following egg cavers:

@hormone @ahgirltc @cuty @skyhealeroftheskies @srx2002 @littlepuffyball @dancingkiwi123 @griffinwings @danijela @yellowgrapefruit @himitsutenshin @tralala22 @daze @kisamari @flutex @chaotic @sony @wispur @brightpool @qaz @bookw0rm @iloveu2 @ilovedoctorwho @sad-ny @spiritkoi

May you have a fantastic time with us and know there isn't anything too big or small you can share here. Do take time to familiarize yourself with our first page in the main forum thread and visit our club's website also.

If you have any questions feel free to ping one of us club moderators and we will assist you.

Member badges will be created for you and updated there soon. Welcome and Hugs!!

A hearty WELCOME BACK to all who have been on hiatus and checking in here again. It is great to see you and HUGS!!

My day was busy on and offline so really got quite a bit done. The only thing that I didn't get done was finishing the newsletter and doing feedings/clicks today.

I have been revising pages and most just have to be re-uploaded to my server for the Club's website. I'll post when they are ready as want to wait until the newsletter is done so you can visit all at once.

There are some updates that have been worked on and I just need everyone to go to our first page of our main forum thread and just check out these things:

Full Member List (138) on Page 1, Post #3
For now it is open membership - you can invite friends here.

Our Waiting List on Page 1, Post #6 (Still working on as will have to post with pings welcoming our newest members from this list)

Bird Word Art - Page 1, Post #11 & Post #19
(Currently adding in now the art work submitted)

MOTM Recognition Reward - Page 1, Post #27
(Just have two more recipients to determine and will update this post within 2 hours)

Dying Coves & Give A Bird Project - Page 1, Post #29
(Please help your fellow club members any way you can and thank you)

I previously posted some NEWS & FUN on Page 227, Post #6,803 along with some mini-games.

The next mini-game will start later on today so be on the look out for it and thank you to everyone who played the previous games. I'm so happy to see you liking them and having fun.

Enjoy your evening/day and may it be as special as you all are to me.

Okay, I'm lurking in the background working on things and will be back. If anyone needs anything just ping me. 😸 HUGS ALL ❤️

"Within every bird, there is a heart, which gives us new egg cavers a fun new start!"

DARKESTSHADOW AND I RAISE OUR LEFT WING AND SHOUT, "WE WILL WITH ALL OUR MIGHT, SHOW LOVE TO EVERY BIRD IN SIGHT".

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 21 November 2013 at 2:09 AM

:: BOAF November 2013 Club Newsletter ::

Gobble, Gobble Everyone!
Welcome to our November edition of our monthly newsletter.
It is a Thanksgiving theme we are going with.

Thank you to all who hung in there and stayed active in the club.
Due to the absence of our club's owner most activities have been on hold until now.
All activities are now back to normal and will resume accordingly.

The membership cap has been lifted and once we reach 200 members our waiting list will be permanent. All wishing to join will be placed on the list until an opening is available.

Here is a re-cap of the club since previous months no newsletter.

End Of The Month News - October 2013
We now have a club account solely for gifting, trading and prize awarding. You can send donations or receive EC, travels and creatures from @contests-r-us monthly. We ask that you send friend requests there to make awarding prizes easier. If you are a new member feel free to request a bird creature if you need one from there.

From time to time there will be either pairing for activities/contests or grouping members. You have the right to either join in or not get involved in any happenings around the club. The only requirement enforced here is that you always have two kinds of birds in your cove.

It is understandable that you might have to take a hiatus, have gotten really busy or an unforeseen occurrence keeps you away. It happens to all of us and we want you worry free. Do let us know so if your cove needs attending to so we can help.

We have had egg cavers on a waiting list eager to join us from March to early October 2013 since the last newsletter was out. Let us give a big welcome again and hugs to:

hormone, ahgirltc, cuty, skyhealeroftheskies, srx2002, littlepuffyball
dancingkiwi123, griffinwings, danijela, yellowgrapefruit, himitsutenshin
tralala22, daze, kisamari, flutex, chaotic, sony, wispur, brightpool
qaz, bookw0rm, iloveu2, ilovedoctorwho, sad-ny, spiritkoi

There are no Monthly Raffle Drawing Winners until December.
Remember only post the Club's Anthem in the forum once a day.
Multiple posting only makes it harder to count tallies individually.

Please help me congratulate the recipients of the MOTM Recognition Reward:

@hemester - March 2013
@novrain62 - April 2013
@eggs - May 2013
@lululore - June 2013
@wererage - July 2013
danijela - August 2013
ice2505 - September 2013
iulianna1 - October 2013

Each will receive a plaque which will be posted on this site and 1 CS Creature.

Thank you for being awesome members of our bird club.
We are so proud to award you this and well done!

This newsletter is a mini edition of everything going on this month.
You can always come back during the month to re-read, take the polls and join in activities as you like.

There will be 3 club activities and 2 contests this month.

Wishing you all an exciting and elating Thanksgiving season!!

Warm Hugs from,
byfelisa, cubexline, duchess, hay7199, marie_lily, prettymint and tikimaki.

Female
5 posts

contests-r-us • 21 November 2013 at 2:10 AM

- 1st Club-Wide Activity of the Month -
Starts November 8th thru November 15th
Update Your Status 8
What is your favorite Egg Cave Creature this time of season?
Post it on your Profile Status and win a prize!
Be creative and have fun, while baffling your friends.

Example Post: "Gobbler is such a wild bird!" or "I go cuckoo for Gobblers"
There will be a reward given in this activity above.
A common, uncommon or rare Travel will be rewarded.

:: CRAZY GIZZARDS ::
Starts November 10th thru November 17th
(7 day Activity - Must follow Forum Posts - Top 10 participants win)

This competition is simple and requires you to look at a forum post from byfelisa each day.
A different task will be given out for all members to fulfill should they choose to get involved.

1st Place through 10th Place receive 25k EC each. 11th Place and downward win 10k EC each.
Winners will be posted in the forum by November 19th - Have Fun All!

- PICK YOUR BRAIN -
Starts November 12th and Ends November 19th
Trivia Time - 10 questions. Each question is worth 5 points.
Prizes will include 1 CS creature, 4 LE Creatures and 5 Very Rare Travels.
In event of ties same prizes will be given out or EC equivalent of them.

Please PM all answers to byfelisa by 12:00 PM ECT 11/19/2013.
1. Where did the first Thanksgiving take place?
2. I'm incapable of flying and most content when in captivity, what bird am I?
3. The Gobbler has a comical way of evading a human's presence how?
4. I hunt alone and find a pile of leaves as protection from harm, do you know me?
5. Can you name me? Jokingly we are called "Lap Lambs" and need 1000 views.
6. What date was the Peeturk released in the Cash Shop Park?
7. My eggs only hatch during autumn and I enjoy leaping tree to tree. Who am I?
8. What is the weighty rarity of a Wiset?
9. A Wynerl has what coming from the center of its egg?
10. At my first stage my brain is very undeveloped, can you tell who I am ?

:: AUTUMN WRITING CONTEST ::
Starts November 10th and Ends November 24th
Tell Us anything about the season you love or your favorite Autumn experience!
All entries should be POSTED in the Club's Forum Thread.
Like always your grammar is important, so take time to spell well.
I will pick the top 5 best essays!!

Prizes: 1 CS Creature for 1st Place thru 5th Place
The winners will be announced in the club's forum thread November 29th.

:: GUESS JAR CONTEST ::
This bird is anxious to play with the marbles in the jar!
If you guess how many there are, I can release them.
The Top 10 Guesses that are closest to the total; wins a prize.
1st Place thru 10th Place win a LE Cave Creature
Winners will be posted in the forum by November 29th - Good Luck All

PM your guess to byfelisa by 12:00 PM Midnight ECT 11/27/2013.

- 2nd Club-Wide Activity of the Month -
Starts November 20th and Ends November 29th
Bird Jigsaw Puzzle
Download and play the jigsaw game in Standalone Mode.
It is a 399k EXE file, I created it myself and scanned it. =)
When you complete the puzzle a code box will appear with a message.
Send byfelisa the code by PM no later than 11/29/13 Midnight ECT.

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 21 November 2013 at 2:12 AM

Bird Facts & Tips
Knowledge on Loons or Divers

Loons are native to North America.
Divers are found in the UK and Ireland.

These are aquatic birds.
Like ducks and geese their toes are webbed.
Flying Loons resemble a fat goose with Seagull wings.

Male and female loons have identical plumage.

Loons are excellent swimmers, using their feet to propel themselves above and under water while their wings provide assistance.

Loons find their prey by sight. They eat mainly fish.

They feed on crayfish, frogs, snails, salamanders and leeches.

Loons mate on land, often on the future nest site, and build their nests close to the water.

Most clutches consist of two eggs, which are laid in May or June.
Loon chicks are able to swim and dive right away.

Chicks are fed mainly by their parents for six weeks and gradually begin to feed themselves over time. By 12 weeks, chicks gather most of their own food and begin to fly.

================================

Pine Cone Owl Craft By Sherri Osborn

Time Required:
20 mins (Does not include drying time)
Materials Needed:
Felt
Wiggle Eyes
Craft Glue
Scissors
Instructions:
{Before using pine cones, bake them on a foil-lined cookie sheet for about 45 minutes to an hour at 200 degrees}

This kills any bugs or spider mites that live in them and will allow any seeds to fall out and the sap to dry up.

Start out by cutting a small piece of felt shaped like the number eight. Glue two small wiggle eyes onto this piece of felt and then glue the piece of felt onto the pine cone.

Create the owl's ears by cutting a piece of felt into a square. Start out with a square about 2-inches across and then trim it down until you like the way it looks on the owl's head.

Glue one of the points of the square between the eyes and then glue the opposite corner to the back of the owl's head.

Make a beak for your owl by cutting a small triangle out of felt and then glue it in place. Cut out two wings. Glue them, opposite each other, on the side of the owl.

To finish your pine cone owl, glue the bottom of your owl onto the branch. Cut out two feet and glue them where the pine cone and branch come together.

-- RECIPE OF THE MONTH --

Pear, Prosciutto & Hazelnut Stuffing

(Crisping the prosciutto and toasting the nuts adds a powerful punch of flavor to the stuffing. )

Prepare thru Step 3 and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
If you don't have stale bread ready to use, spread the baguette cubes on a baking sheet and toast at 250°F until crisped and dry, about 15 minutes.

Tip: To toast chopped nuts & seeds:
Cook in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.

Time: 2 1/4 hours
Yields: 12 servings, 2/3 cup each

Ingredients:
3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
4 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced, cut into ribbons
2 cups onion, chopped
2 cups diced fennel bulb
1/4 cup minced shallot
2 teaspoons minced fresh sage
2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
8 cups stale baguette, preferably multi-grain (not sourdough), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
2 Bosc pears, ripe but firm, chopped
1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
1/3 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
1 14-ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/4 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Coat a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.

Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.

Add prosciutto; cook, stirring, until crispy, about 5 minutes.

Drain on a paper towel.
Wipe out the pan and heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat.

Add onion, fennel and shallot and cook, stirring, until softened and beginning to brown, 6 to 8 minutes.

Add sage, thyme and rosemary and cook, stirring, for 1 minute more.

Transfer everything to a large bowl and gently stir in bread, pears, parsley, hazelnuts and the prosciutto.

Add broth; toss to combine.
Season with salt and pepper.

Spoon the stuffing into the prepared baking dish; cover with foil.

Bake for 40 minutes; remove the foil and bake until the top is beginning to crisp, 25 to 30 minutes more.

Per serving: 176 calories
5 g fat ( 1 g sat , 2 g mono )
8 mg cholesterol
29 g carbohydrates
9 g protein
6 g fiber
489 mg sodium
283 mg potassium

There are two voting polls, a crossword and word find puzzle in this news edition. 😃

To view this month's newsletter in its entirety and to play the activities not clickable here in the forum visit our Club's website here:

http://byfelisa.net/BA/BOAFNEWS7.html

Have a fun and thrilling November everyone! ❤️

Female
5 posts

contests-r-us • 21 November 2013 at 2:17 AM

Good Day/Evening Everyone!

How is the day treating all of you? I hope you are having a great week so far. Are you all gobbled out yet? LOL

Thanks @marie_lily for moderating and being there for everyone. You are so appreciated!

Check out this card and let us shake some tail feathers:
http://www.123greetings.com/events/thanksgiving/turkey/turkey20.html

-- Orange Smoothie --

Serves: 4

Ingredients:

4 navel orange, peeled
1 cups fat-free half-and-half or fat-free yogurt
1/2 cups frozen orange juice concentrate
1/3 tablespoons vanilla extract
16 ice cubes

Directions:

In a blender, combine the orange, half-and-half or yogurt, orange juice concentrate, vanilla, and ice cubes. Process until smooth.

Well, you are in for a treat as I have a mini-game for you all to take on. Ready?

MINI-GAME TIME!!

[GUESS THE FRUIT LOOPS]

THERE ARE 8 COLORFUL TOUCANS VERY HUNGRY AND DEMANDING CEREAL RIGHT NOW!!

YOUR MISSION SHOULD YOU ACCEPT IT IS TO GUESS HOW MANY IS IN EACH BOWL CORRECTLY FOR EACH BIRD.

IF SUCCESSFUL YOU WILL GET AN UNCOMMON OR RARE TRAVEL. WHAT DO YOU SAY?

Match the bird to the bowl correctly and win.

Bowl #1 - 10 Fruit Loops
Bowl #2 - 8 Fruit Loops
Bowl #3 - 6 Fruit Loops
Bowl #4 - 12 Fruit Loops
Bowl #5 - 9 Fruit Loops
Bowl #6 - 5 Fruit Loops
Bowl #7 - 14 Fruit Loops
Bowl #8 - 7 Fruit Loops

Toucan Sam - Green, Red and Yellow - Very fussy eater
Toucan Ama - Blue, Green and Yellow - Feisty slow eater
Toucan Jack - Black, Blue and Yellow - Real greedy eater
Toucan Lou - Red, Black and Yellow - Plays with food eater
Toucan Lia - Green, Black and Yellow - Picks at food eater
Toucan Abe - Red, Blue and Yellow - Eats Fast eater
Toucan Sha - Orange, green and Yellow - Watch Tv eater
Toucan Jay - Orange, blue and Yellow - Talks a lot eater

THIS GAME ENDS THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 21 @ 6:00 PM ECT.

POST ALL ANSWERS IN THIS FORUM THREAD. GOOD LUCK!

Please help me welcome officially, @bang14982 @kodakthewolf @rainha to our club. We are delighted to have you join and big hugs to you both.
If you have any questions just ask anytime in this forum.

We have a club account that answers basic questions at @contests-r-us. There are two FAQ Guardians as well as other guardians that give a brief detail about the BOAF Club.
Make yourselves at home and feel free to do any of the activities going on this month.

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 21 November 2013 at 5:27 AM

Good Morning All! ❤️

Welcome to our first official post of games you can play.

These don't expire until everyone has had a chance to see them and respond. It can be a long as five days. 😃

No peeking or cheating! Look at this post and then type your answers and click reply, to keep it fair.

** Don't forget you can always play our bird memory game and tell me what your time was. Randomly, I always select a member to win a prize.

:: Jigsaw Galore ::

Ready to let your fingers do all the work in puzzling?
Okay, here is a nice one for you to try and have fun. 😊

http://www.jigsawplanet.com/?rc=play&pid=19b49d0fdc5b&pieces=104

Once you are finished just POST IN THIS THREAD to tell me:

How many pieces you used in total?
How long did it take you to complete the puzzle?

:: Math Fun ::

POST your answers HERE in this thread.

If an hour is 60 minutes and a minute is 60 seconds, then how many seconds is in an hour?

A "pico" refers to a larger or smaller value in the metric system?

A "kilo" means what?

1 foot equals how many meters?

True or False - A gallon is actually 100 fluid ounces?

:: Geography Wiz ::

Can you name the capital city of states and countries?
If so, POST your answers HERE in this thread and let us see. 😊

What is the capital of Germany?
What is the capital of Wyoming?
What is the capital of Peru?
What is the capital of Alaska?
What is the capital of Japan?
What is the capital of Australia?

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 21 November 2013 at 6:03 AM

@byfelisa I think this is a great idea!

Berlin
I don't know
Lima?
Juneau
I don't know
Canberra

question: When are you starting pick your brains? And who won the crazy gizzards? 😊

Female
441 posts

tetra • 21 November 2013 at 12:45 PM

I like the new two boards! 😃
@byfelisa
I'm stumped for the Mini Game. I'll just leave it alone for now and think about it later. Good luck to anyone else who is playing!! 😊

9:50 for Jigsaw Galore. It was really fun 😸

Math Fun:
1. 6 x 6 = 36. There are 3600 seconds in 1 hour
2. Smaller I think? It does have quite the decimal place if I remember correctly 😊
3. One thousand? It's a unit in the metric system too.
4. 0.305-ish? xD
5. False? I don't think the number is that perfect.

Geography Wiz:
Berlin
Oh dear, I don't know xD
Lima
Juneau
Tokyo! Very vibrant place, went there once when I was little.
Canberra! I remember because there was a time a teacher made sure we knew that Sydney was not the capital of Australia. We were watching Finding Nemo xDD

I think Pick Your Brains has ended already, there is still the Autumn Writing Contest though! And Guess the Jar ❤️

Female
1,984 posts

marie_lily • 21 November 2013 at 3:54 PM

@spiritkoi

All the dates are on the BOAF November Newsletter page.
http://byfelisa.net/BA/BOAFNEWS7.html (:

- PICK YOUR BRAIN -
Starts November 12th and Ends November 19th

:: CRAZY GIZZARDS ::
Starts November 10th thru November 17th

(7 day Activity - Must follow Forum Posts - Top 10 participants win)

They have both ended, unfortunately. However, there are still other activities as Tetromino mentioned above, such as the Autumn Writing Contest, Guess Jar Contest, and Bird Jigsaw Puzzle. 😃

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 21 November 2013 at 4:17 PM

@marie_lily HOW CAN THEY END IF THEY NEVER STARTED?!?!? ☹️

Female
1,984 posts

marie_lily • 21 November 2013 at 4:45 PM

@spiritkoi

They did start. I mentioned the dates in the post above. The Pick Your Brain started on November 12th and the Crazy Grizzards started on November 10th.

Do you have any additional questions? (:

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 21 November 2013 at 4:46 PM

@marie_lily But she never asked the questions.....

Female
1,984 posts

marie_lily • 21 November 2013 at 4:52 PM

@spiritkoi

All the activity/contest details are included in the newsletter. You have to look there to find out how to proceed. Also, when the newsletter first came out, Felisa posted it in this forum.

Newsletter: http://byfelisa.net/BA/BOAFNEWS7.html

Did you take a look at it? 😊

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 21 November 2013 at 5:20 PM

@marie_lily yes, i did. And now i remember i did do pick your brains already. 😋 But who won for crazy gizzards?

Female
1,984 posts

marie_lily • 21 November 2013 at 5:29 PM

@byfelisa

The next newsletter will have the winners for the contests/activities. It will also have the new month's events. It is a cycle. 😃

Also, since this is turning into a conversation, can you please transfer to the BOAFCHAT forum or PM me with any further questions? Thank you.

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 21 November 2013 at 5:33 PM

@marie_lily Okay

@byfelisa
Loved the puzzle. I got 10 minutes and 249,612 points 😸

1,239 posts

ilovedoctorwho • 21 November 2013 at 6:59 PM

@byfelisa 104 pieces, 26:55... I've always been bad at puzzles XP
3600 seconds, smaller (Just a guess), 1000, About .3 meters, False!!! I think?

What is the capital of Germany? Berlin
What is the capital of Wyoming? Cheyenne
What is the capital of Peru? Lima
What is the capital of Alaska? Juneau
What is the capital of Japan? Tokyo
What is the capital of Australia? Sydney
I'm currently studying all the capitals so most should be right but I'm not sure if they're all correct... 😸

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 21 November 2013 at 10:01 PM

:: MINI-GAME RESULTS ::

CONGRATULATIONS @lunacharm1037!!
You successfully figured out the Toucans and their appetite.
Therefore, you will be sent your (Uncommon) Pile of Leaves Travel shortly. Thanks! 😸

The Correct Answers were:

Bowl 1 with 10 Fruit Loops in it - (Toucan Sha)
Bowl 2 with 8 Fruit Loops in it - (Toucan Ama)
Bowl 3 with 6 Fruit Loops in it - (Toucan Lia)
Bowl 4 with 12 Fruit Loops in it - (Toucan Abe)
Bowl 5 with 9 Fruit Loops in it - (Toucan Jay)
Bowl 6 with 5 Fruit Loops in it - (Toucan Lou)
Bowl 7 with 14 Fruit Loops in it - (Toucan Jack)
Bowl 8 with 7 Fruit Loops in it - (Toucan Sam)

Thank you and your game answers have been received @ilovedoctorwho @spiritkoi @tetromino.

The games will run for another 3 days and you will receive your prize after all winners and correct answers have been posted here. Hope you had fun playing the games.

MINI-GAME TIME!!

[WORDS WITHIN WORDS]

THERE IS TWO WORDS BELOW AND YOU HAVE TO TYPE AS MANY WORDS AS YOU CAN FIND USING ONLY THE LETTERS IN THOSE TWO WORDS.

THE FORMAT IS AS MANY THREE (3) TO SIX (6) LETTER WORDS AS YOU CAN FIND.

YOU CAN RE-EDIT THE POST AS YOU COME UP WITH MORE WORDS, SO THAT IS PERMITTED.

OBJECTIVE: PLAY WITH WORDS AND HAVE FUN!

GAME WORDS TO USE:
"MAILBOX DELIVERED"

THIS GAME ENDS SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 23 @ 7:00 PM ECT.

POST ALL ANSWERS BELOW IN THIS THREAD.

A PRIZE WILL BE AWARDED, HAPPY FRIDAY! ❤️

Female
263 posts

hemester • 22 November 2013 at 12:34 PM

@byfelisa : Box, live, did, red, lie, bear, ride, bilo, love, lover... I will add more later.. 😸

Female
33 posts

rainha • 23 November 2013 at 9:14 AM

@byfelisa

MAILBOX DELIVERED:

mail, box, deli, bail, dead, red, live, liver, x-box, more, move, veal, veil, lead, laid, lair, led, air, ire, maid, bile, lie, mead, bead, bid, bed, bored, bore, bade, rave, dive, die, mall, lame, veer, love, loved, dire, lover, lob, mob, bode, mode, deed, deal, meal, real, over, rover, diver, dove, did, read, limb, lid, lime, ill, illiad, alex, dread, rim, aim, liam, evil, bird, rib, bill, mill, dill, reel...

I'll add more later(;; heheh and do names count?

Female
291 posts

ljacks • 23 November 2013 at 10:23 AM

@byfelisa

Mailbox, delivered, deliver, mail, box, deli, live, love, dread, dead, bail, derived, drive, liver, red, mill, bill, die, ail, ox, lox, dab, lab, drab, label, labeled, doe, bird, rover, dove, drove, drive, mob, mix, lox, deed, reed, read

Non-binary
2,819 posts

lunacharm1037 • 23 November 2013 at 11:44 PM

Within every bird, there is a heart which gives us new egg cavers a fun new start
I RAISE MY LEFT WING AND SAY, "WE WILL WITH ALL OUR MIGHT, SHOW LOVE TO EVERY BIRD IN SIGHT".

1,239 posts

ilovedoctorwho • 24 November 2013 at 10:49 AM

@byfelisa MAILBOX DELIVERED
Mail, box, mailbox, ox, delivered, deliver, deli, liver, red, live, veal, deed, dead, bread, verb, veered, veer, vile, revealed, reveal, drab, bail

Non-binary
2,819 posts

lunacharm1037 • 24 November 2013 at 1:00 PM

Non-interesting fact: I found a site where I can do online jigsaw puzzles. Sooo cool I ❤️ puzzles

1,146 posts

iulianna1 • 24 November 2013 at 2:39 PM

@lunacharm1037
The anthem should be posted on the original BOAF topic. This forum is for games and contests.

--------
@byfelisa

Autumn Writing Contest Entry:

A November Afternoon
By-@iulianna1

Breeze that plays across my cheeks
Nostalgic songs from all birds' beaks
The leaves, they rustle under feet
On this November afternoon.

The gently sun-warmed, crispy air
That floats through trees without a care,
For winter that we now prepare

I love this time, this chilly weather
Because once I'm home, we'll be together
We'll sit on the couch and sing to our tune

Female
1,194 posts

puppymaks • 28 November 2013 at 2:37 AM

@byfelisa

"MAILBOX DELIVERED"
Mail, box, lob, lab, love, dove, bird, lox, live, red, max, dad, dead, die (ok, these last two words are bit creepy, but I anyway found then xD), mobile, mob, deer, bell, oder, dear, …

Woah, this was funny actually! 😃
To bad I need to go now :'(

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 28 November 2013 at 7:00 AM

MAILBOX DELIVERED

Mail
Box
Red
Liver
Live
Ear