BOAFFUN

in Forum Games

What kind of games do you like to play most? (Multiple answers allowed.)

Non-binary
2,819 posts

lunacharm1037 • 29 April 2015 at 11:49 PM

@byfelisa

one, briar, brain, prior, pure,fear,reef,fern, bone, boat, beef, near, poor, fine, bear, beer, fire, pine, opera, prune,probe,, roar, roof, pour, boar, barb, barf, fibber, four, open, fare.

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 30 April 2015 at 3:14 AM

@byfelisa
Boggle is great fun!
Faerie
Beer
Bear
Bribe
Free
Uproar
Opera
Fear
Probe
Airfare

How can you forget the gorgeous little Avem?! I wonder if the Roant would be included since it has wings...

Female
679 posts

kschr26 • 30 April 2015 at 4:42 AM

@byfelisa
Boggle wordsπŸ˜ƒ

Boar
Pour
Rip
Ripe
One
Fun
Aura
Four
Bear
Fan
Fab
Fair
Fern
Burn
Pear
Rib
Ear
Offer
Fire
Air
Rain
Orb
Rare
Ran
Airfare

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 9 May 2015 at 2:10 AM

*** End Of The Month News - APRIL 2015 ***

There have been a lot of changes and restructuring within our bird club.

Sadly, some club moderators have had to go on a long hiatus but are still members. We thank them for all they have done to make our club of friends so wonderful and still existing to experience a soon third year in Egg Cave's forum. May they be happy, successful and healthy in real life and one day return to us again.

We have over 300 creatures in our club account and thanks to everyone who has made donations and cared for the cove. It is so deeply appreciated!!

Our club has a new website with a face-lift to the main page and newsletter. Everything, including information is now expanded and easier to follow up on.

We have had more new members join us from mid April to the beginning of May.
Give a big welcome again and hugs to:
@audrei9 @dark-alice @egg-cave_ @naked-snakes-box @scorpio @stormysilverlake1

Updated member badges will appear on the club's website before the weekend ends.
I apologize that the pages for the club badges and MOTM Recognition Rewards isn't showing up, I never uploaded the pages to the new server, so sorry.

Our Club's Bird Art Page will be available before May ends, it is not ready due to contributions haven't been donated yet for our 3rd Anniversary.
The page has been under construction to prepare for June and thanks to @wererage for drawing a beautiful parrot that will be featured to greet you.

You are welcome to draw something and send the link to the image to @byfelisa by PM only. It must include your permission to use your work
and signed or watermarked by you and have BOAF Forum Club at Egg Cave at the top of the drawing. It is very exciting that the page will be
finally unveiled next month. We hope you all will attend via our forum threads #BOAFCHAT and #BOAFFUN during our anniversary bash!

April's Monthly Raffle Drawing Winners were:

@lunacharm1037
@spiritkoi
@promise
@petpet55
@bang14982
@ljacks
@maiden
@aedia
@kschr26
@brenna_hogan
@hormone
@loveicepop
@brunosc
@mastergemma
@dream-within-a-dream
@scorpio
@audrei9
@dark-alice
@musicgurl333
@dragon_collector
@naked-snakes-box
@egg-cave_
@amelialightwing

All prizes will be awarded later on today for the Montly Raffle Drawing, MOTM Reward, April Contests and Activities.
A full list of each member and their prizes is in our May 2015 Newsletter.

ATTENTION:
If you have won more than one creature or egg coins prize or cash voucher, these will be totaled and sent to you together in one lot.
@contests-r-us will be setting up trade lots unless it is better for any club member to set it up him/herself, especially for egg coins prizes.
Lot trades will be set up in the creature trade center and/or item trade center so that prizes can be disbursed to you easily and thank you. πŸ˜ƒ

Congratulations to our members who did a terrific job in our Boggle Mini-Game in our club's fun center.
(Uncommon Travel Prize) - All will receive their travel later on today.

@loveicepop - Clouds
@ljacks - Abandoned Dark Castle
@lunacharm1037 - Eastern Jungles
@mastergemma - The Volcano
@kschr26 - The Northern Deserts

Please help me give a huge applause and congratulate the new recipients of the MOTM Recognition Reward:

@ljacks - 500 cash shop voucher - February 2015
@wererage - 500 cash shop voucher - March 2015
@brunosc - 500 cash shop voucher - April 2015

Thank you for being awesome members of our bird club. We are so proud to award you this and well done!

MAY - BOAF CLUB NEWSLETTER 2015

This is just a *sneak peek* of what you will see in this month's newsletter that will be posted later on today.

The Theme is Mother's Day and you can expect the usual word search, maze, crossword puzzle, recipes, bird facts and arts and craft project.

- RAOK Charity - a club-wide - Contest
- Mother's Day Poetry Contest
- Guessing Jar Contest
- Mom's Random Gift - Activity
- Spot The Difference - Activity
- Crack Egg Cave's Safe! - Activity

- RAOK Charity is a 3 week Contest -
"Random Acts of Kindness" is what RAOK stands for.
You must create a post in the #BOAFFUN forum thread and log your progress until the contest is over.
* All participants who enter the contest will win prizes

*Remember in lull periods while waiting for the newsletter, there are mini-games and contests posted here plus you can play the club's memory and jigsaw puzzle games on our club's website or talk to other members in our chat forum.

Your daily post of the club's motto and anthem can be lively when using bird art provided on the first page of our main forum thread. Show that club spirit and let us see some creative posts, never know what stands out to us and thanks for all the wonderful inspiration.

Thank you @mastergemma for keeping our chat thread active and for reminding me the bird Avem wasn't on our list of creatures to have in your cave when joining!
Thanks @scorpio for this month's idea to have a trivia and spot the difference activity. You both will be receiving an unobtainable travel for helping out. 😸

New Mini-Games will be posted tomorrow. Look out for Mini-Contests too during the month.

Have a fun and bubbly day everyone and hugs! ❀️

----

@byfelisa @duchess @eschla @wererage @poof

Two-Spirit
753 posts

brunosc • 9 May 2015 at 3:11 PM

@byfelisa
I feel so honored to have been selected as a MOTM, thank you so much for your trust! ❀️

Hope everyone have a wonderful day!

Female
599 posts

naked-snakes-box • 9 May 2015 at 3:17 PM

thank you for selecting me as a winner i will honor the win

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 10 May 2015 at 3:09 AM

Happy Greetings to all you Friends!!

How is everyone doing? Are you ready for things today and throughout the week?

You both are so welcome and we are so pleased to have you win and may there be more times you experience such an elation here, @brunosc @naked-snakes-box!! Thanks for your participation. ❀️

I had company over yesterday and didn't get to finish the touches on the newsletter and upload it but doing that right now plus uploading the rest of the pages needed to be backed up and updated.

Below you will find two new Mini-Games to entertain you while you wait for the newsletter and your prizes to arrive.

If you are contacted personally by the club's account @contests-r-us, please respond asap.
Some winners will need to make a trade lot in order to claim their prizes.

I can't gift EC it has to be you set up the trade and thanks to everyone who actively partook in activities last month!!

We have a new poll in our main forum. Please take time and vote so we can enjoy a new year with a new mascot as majority casted a yes for one and thanks.

The results for the lastest poll are as follows:

Would you like to pair up with another club member for contests more than twice a year?

Yes - 9 votes
No - 0 votes
Depends on prizes - 5 votes
Maybe - 3 votes
Undecided - 4 votes

Majority has it here too! It seems we will have a pairing up contest every 4 months then.

The prizes will be loads of Egg Coins, Virtually Unobtainable Travels, Cash Creatures and Cash Vouchers only since it is from 2 weeks to 4 weeks you could be participating in a contest. 😊

:: MINI-GAME 1 ::

"THE LAST LETTER"

This game is based on words. A word will be posted by someone and you have to start the next word with the LAST LETTER of the word he/she used in that post in this forum thread.

There is no theme or restriction on how long the word has to be. Spelling is important, watch typos so the next friend posting won't have to correct their word too.

No limit in how many can play this mini-game so keep it going.

Need an example? Sure thing! 😊

Sample word: ARK
Your word to post: KITE
Next member to post: ERE

Notice you used a word that started with K?
That is basically it, if you make a mistake no worries just edit your post.

WORD TO START OFF WITH :: - "PLAIN"

Have fun and good luck to you!

This game ends promptly at 8:00 PM ECT on May 11, 2015

:: MINI-GAME 2 ::

"SING-A-LONG"

Are you dying to share a song you are singing?
Well, here is your chance! This game involves you picking a song title and posting it in this forum thread in front of the phrase below.

"_ _ _ _ _ _ _" IN MY ARM CHAIR!

Quite simple here is an example for you:

"I Write The Songs" In My Arm Chair!
I write the songs is a song by Barry Manilow.

Think you got it? Alright, well let us get to singing up in here. Hehehe

Have fun and good luck! 😸

** Everyone who plays both mini-games will get a Uncommon Travel and another item from one of the other shops. Play just one of them and get a nice Common Travel.

This game ends promptly at 10:00 PM ECT on May 11, 2015

Wishing you all a very beautiful and happy Sunday.

Bird Hugs to you all! ❀️

Female
9 posts

dark-alice • 10 May 2015 at 2:54 PM

@byfelisa Thank you in advance for the prizes! ❀️

MINI-GAME 1

NOWHERE.

MINI-GAME 2

"The Crow and the Butterfly" In My Arm Chair!
The Crow and the Butterfly is a song by Shinedown.

Two-Spirit
753 posts

brunosc • 10 May 2015 at 3:54 PM

@byfelisa

Mini-game 1: Egg

Mini-game 2:

"Stronger" In My Arm Chair

Stronger is a song by my favourite band, Clean Bandit 😸

I also wish ou guys of BOAF an incredibly amazing mother's day! ❀️

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 10 May 2015 at 8:34 PM

Happy Mother's Day Greetings Everyone!

------^^^^^------ l

l
------^O^O^--<<< TWEET l
--------^v^-------- l_______l
--<<<<vvv>>>>
---<<<vvv>>>---
-----<<vvv>>-----
--------ll ll--------
--------x x--------
___B__O__A__F_________

Finally, our May Newsletter is just fresh off the presses! ❀️
http://boafclub.net/index.html

I will be posting from both accounts so no interruption in the news being posted.
Please refrain from replying until the conclusion of the news and thank you.

~::~ MAY 2015 CLUB NEWSLETTER ~::~

Welcome to our May Edition of our monthly newsletter Friends!

It is a Mother's Day theme we are going with. 😊

We now have 110 members. Thank you all for being here!!

Please help us give a warm welcome and birdie hug to our newest members here in the club:

@audrei9
@dark-alice
@egg-cave_
@naked-snakes-box
@scorpio
@stormysilverlake1

Thanks for joining and may it be a long, happy and enjoyable time spent with us.
Let us know if you need a bird or any other kind of help, we are here for you!

EXTRA! EXTRA! EXTRA!
❀️ BOAF Club MEMBERSHIP DRIVE ❀️
Refer two friends and if they stay in the club two months you all will get 50,000 Egg Coins from now until May 30th. Thank you. 😊

This June 12th, 2015 will mark our third (3rd) club anniversary. We hope you will celebrate with us in the two forums BOAFCHAT and BOAFFUN!!

We are asking that you help us in the occasion by contributing any story, picture, art work, etc...
A big bash will be given with door prizes and fun around Egg Cave so stay tuned.
Thanks to all club members making this possible. 😊

This newsletter represents the full version of all club information, activities, contests and fun extras for this month.

You are always free to keep revisiting this forum to join in everything available to participate in.

We have a Random Prize, 4 activities, 3 contests and the usual puzzles, 2 recipes, a bird craft plus links for two more and a jigsaw puzzle.

The jigsaw puzzle requires you to unzip it and then open the .exe file which will initiate the jigsaw puzzle for you to play. Please choose "Standalone Mode" and thank you for playing this month.
http://boafclub.net/puzzles/BOAF-MD2015.zip

**Remember you can post everyday at the BOAFCHAT forum, come share your experiences, suggestions or even questions with us. Enjoy mini-games and other fun stuff here in this thread.

Wishing you a cheery and fun-tastic month!!

Warm Hugs from byfelisa, duchess, eschla, wererage and poof. ❀️

::RAOK 3 week Contest::

Random Acts of Kindness is a special contest we do once or twice a year to give any egg caver attention and to help coves in trouble just because we can and want to.

This is a three (3) week activity where one (1) post needs to be created in #BOAFFUN forum thread and a log of participation is necessary to be able to get credit for fulfilling the requirements of entering and staying active in the contest until its conclusion.

For the first two weeks you will have to visit these six (12) coves and leave a cheery message behind.

6 coves for week one you have to daily feed are:

@marie_lily
@erin360
@mycatisawesome04
@md-11
@sony
@stefrawr

Last 6 coves to be fed daily will be:

@birggitt
@lovepuppies123
@mairbear
@mightymouse5x
@sarahsaurus
@winry_914

All contest participants will win one of the following prizes:

(4) Cash Shop Vouchers - available
(6) prizes of 250,000 Egg Coins
(4) Cash shop travels - available
(3) freeze for 1 creature
(3) star creature

This runs from May 10 - May 31, 2015 and ends promptly at Midnight ECT.

::Guess Jar Contest::

Can you guess how many spiced cookies are in the jar above?

Top ten (10) participants will receive 150, 000 Egg Coins.

The rest of the players will get 50,000 Egg Coins.

At any given time the jar will contain from 50 to 150 of any item.

Deadline for submitting your guesses to @byfelisa by PM is May 30, 2015 Midnight (12:00 PM) ECT.

:: Writing Contest ::

MOTHER'S DAY POETRY CONTEST

Do you have words pinned up and just bursting to come out?

Why not tell your mom, grandmom, stepmom or adopted mom how you feel. It can be heartwarming or humorous.

All entries can be written in any poetic style, but good grammar matters.

Top six (6) winning entries will be awarded a Cash Shop Creature.

Next four (4) winners will receive a Limited Edition Creature.

Remaining entries will be awarded 150,000 Egg Coins

All entries must be submitted no later than May 30, 2015 at Midnight (12:00 PM) ECT. *Only one entry per club member.

Written entries can be as short as 2 paragraphs with at least 6 sentences each.

Poetic styles to name a few::
Acrostic
Allegory
Ballad
Blank Verse
Free Verse
Limerick
Narrative
Ode
Sestina
Sonnet

This is a personal essay and all club members are welcome to enter this contest including club moderators, but please POST all completed submissions in the #BOAFFUN forum thread.

MAY 2015 RAFFLE DRAWING INCLUDES:

6 CASH SHOP CREATURES
6 CASH SHOP TRAVELS
6 LIMITED EDITION CREATURES
3 STAR CREATURES
2 ENDANGERED CREATURES
2 EGG COIN PRIZES OF 250,000

You must post in our main forum thread at #BOAF once or daily for the entire month to qualify for the drawing.

** Please use the club approved motto and anthem section on Page 1, Post #24 for all postings. **

:: CRACK EGG CAVE'S SAFE ::

Below are twenty questions worth 5 points each. A total of 100 points can be earned for perfect score.

There is a first (1st) to tenth (10th) place for this activity.

Prizes include Cave Cash, Egg Coins and Very Rare Travels.

PLEASE Private Message - "PM" ALL ANSWERS to @byfelisa no later than May 31, 2015 at Midnight (12:00 PM) ECT.

1. What doe EC stand for at Egg Cave?

2. When did this site first open its doors to the public?

3. Creatures under what maturity level have a risk of dying?

4. If a creature being traded is already booked with Tim's Food Shoppe what happens?

5. I don't like my creature's name, where can I go to change it?

6. I welcome what you can give and sometimes you can receive here too, what am I?

7. Why is it so hard to get a creature that is endangered or a limited edition?

8. A creature needs views to become immortal, can it mature via feeds and clicks only?

9. If I like to remove my creature's travel, where would I go?

10. How many cove lists can you create at any time to display your creatures?

11. All creatures statistics are now what?

12. What does SAR Center represent at Egg Cave?

13. If you create an auction can you cancel the bid? If so, when can it be done?

14. You have a problem, how can you reach the Egg Cave Team?

15. Can you name two skills that are taught and obtained when children join this site?

16. You belong to another virtual pet site, can you conduct any cross-site trading here?

17. You can come to this place to get an egg or maybe not, but you can keep trying?

18. Take a guess and if right you can be awarded one of a number of prizes, where am I?

19. How many accounts are you allowed to have at Egg Cave?

20. I'm an ancient creature living in the sea with an advanced sub-culture. Who am I?

:: "SPOT THE DIFFERENCE" ::

This is an Image Activity where you have to spot with your eyes the differences between the two images before you.

One image might have some items missing or have extra items.

http://boafclub.net/images/BOAF_SPOTDIFF-050115.gif

Please write a list of the items and send a "PM" to @byfelisa no later than May 30, 2015 at Midnight (12:00 PM) ECT.

:: CHANGE YOUR STATUS (10) ::

Imagine you are any species of bird creature here on Egg Cave, if you had a chance to speak to all members via your profile status, what would you say to them?

In this activity you can use as much creativity you want and even humor, of course.

You just have to update your status with a statement geared at members of Egg Cave to show you love the bird in yourself.

This activity runs for a couple of days so you have time to come up with something and update your status and then post in our #BOAFFUN forum thread to let us know you have done the activity.

You have from May 26 thru May 29 to complete the task. Promptly on May 29, 2015 at Midnight (12:00 PM) ECT.

Your post has to be in the forum mentioned above to be verified, please don't delete your status until it is acknowledged so you get your prize.

All who participate will get 100,000 Egg Coins!

:: Extra Fun Forum Activity ::

Save this for a time in the month you really need something to do or to take a time-out.

How many birds or other creatures can you think of that are mentioned in songs or poems?

Got a list that comes to mind? That is great! 😊

Now share the list with us in the Fun Center over at #BOAFFUN thread and we can see how interesting it was researching this information.

Let us not forget it is all about fun and getting a prize also once you post what you found out.

Post at least 6 songs or poems with birds or other creatures and receive 50,000 Egg Coins!

Yes, you heard right. This special activity does have a cut-off date though.

May 30, 2015 at Midnight (12:00 PM) ECT we must have your post in the forum.

- ::: Puzzle Time ::: -

These are your latest crossword, word search and maze puzzles:

http://boafclub.net/puzzles/EC-BOAF_crossword-050115.gif

http://boafclub.net/puzzles/EC-BOAF_maze-050115.gif

http://boafclub.net/puzzles/EC-BOAF_wordsearch-050115.gif

Click on the puzzles above to view them in their actual size.

You are welcome to download and solve them. Send solved puzzles link if you want to get credit for it to @byfelisa via PM.

30,000 Egg Coins and Uncommon Travel for completing all three puzzles.

Complete one puzzle and get a Common Travel and ANY Item from another shop, excluding the cash shop.

**** News Continued In Next Post ****

Female
5 posts

contests-r-us • 10 May 2015 at 8:54 PM

~::~ MAY 2015 CLUB NEWSLETTER ~::~ PART 2

:: MOTM RECOGNITION REWARD WINNERS ::

FEBRUARY 2015 - ljacks

MARCH 2015 - wererage

APRIL 2015 - brunosc & spiritkoi

Congratulations to you!!

Thank you for all your support, devotion and enhusiasm in our bird club. We appreciate all you've done to make us stand out as a caring and entertaining place in Egg Cave's forum.

Enjoy your 500 Cash Voucher and our hugs!

BOAF April Monthly Raffle Drawing
Winners for 2015 are as follows:

CS Monthly Creatures Winners
bang14982 - ARA
brunosc - DIANESIA
dream-within-a-dream - PURITA
kschr26 - VLEERMUS
ljacks - ARA
loveicepop - CLIORNEY
lunacharm1037 - FURREP
mastergemma - AVEM
musicgurl333 - KHIONE
promise - LEFFER
scorpio - Sikeree
spiritkoi - Ardeidor

4 Rare Creatures
dark-alice - MEEKIN
audrei9 - ORP
egg-cave_ - LOTTY
maiden - ZEBBIT

6 Cash Shop Travels
aedia - CHERRY BLOSSOM PATH
amelialightwing - CENTRAL MOUNTAIN VIEW
dragon_collector - BUTTERFLY NET
hormone - DOUBLE WATERFALL
naked-snakes-box - LEAF RING
petpet55 - RED FLOWER GARDEN

Any prizes unrewarded will go towards May's monthly raffle drawing respectively.

* * Please Note:

You have to post one of the club's motto and anthem at least once or daily in our main forum thread #BOAF Page 1, Post #24 to qualify for the raffle drawing.

Feel free to use bird text art with your posting from Post #11 or Post #19 on Page 1 also. 😊

Drawing winners are randomly selected and so are the prizes by a randomizer used by byfelisa's discretion monthly based on members postings and the prizes available at the time.

- Recent Voting Polls Results -

Would you like to have a new mascot, motto and anthem yearly contest?

Yes - 11
No - 4
Maybe - 3
Undecided - 3
Only a mascot - 7
New Mascot and Anthem - 6
Only Motto and Anthem - 6

Would you like to pair up with another club member for contests more than twice a year?

Yes - 9
No - 0
Depend on prizes - 5
Maybe - 3
Undecided - 4

A special thank you to Mastergemma for keeping our club's chat forum thread alive and for interacting with other members!

A big thanks to Scorpio for the idea to have a Spot the Difference and Trivia for May's Newsletter.

:: Crazy Eggs April 2015 Winners ::

All 7 days - 500 CS Voucher
ljacks
loveicepop
lunacharm1037

2 days - CS Central Mountain View Travel
mastergemma

1 day - CS Leaf Ring Travel
brunosc

:: Riddle Me This April Winners ::

1st Place - 200,000 Egg Coins
brunosc
spiritkoi

2nd Place - 100,000 Egg Coins
ljacks

:: Guessing Jar April Winners ::

Top Ten - 150,000 Egg Coins
brunosc - 1st Place - 127 jelly beans
ljacks - 2nd Place - 135 jelly beans
spiritkoi - 3rd Place - 145 jelly beans
kschr26 - 4th Place - 35 jelly beans

:: Random Prize April 2015 Winners ::

Limited Edition Creature Prize
brunosc - SWEESH
ljacks - FIAMMA
loveicepop - BLIZ
scorpio - AOSIDHE

One Rare Travel Prize
kschr26 - The Big Easter Egg
spiritkoi - Ark Fields

:: Unscramble Words April Winners ::

1st Place - Limited Edition Creatures Won
brunosc - MIRANG
kschr26 - TIFIC
lunacharm1037 - KAMPOS
spiritkoi - EFTSALA

2nd Place - Uncommon Travel
ljacks - UDFj-39546284

:: Motto and Anthem April Writing Contest ::

4 Participants - 4 way tie 1st Place Winners
4 Cash Shop (CS) Creatures Awarded

kschr26 - TRINOCEROS
loveicepop - TERAPOX
spiritkoi - CANIC
lunacharm1037 - ALARUNE

All mottos and anthems submitted have been officially approved for use in our main #BOAF club forum thread. Every member is encouraged to use them. Page 1, Post #24

Congratulations to all winners in April's activities and thanks for your participation. We hope you had fun and will join in this month's new things to do with us.

::- APRIL 2015 UNSCRAMBLE WORDS -::

SCRAMBLED WORDS GIVEN TO SOLVE:

OADRRIDE
NCROILN
DUCBKEKA
GUISNTRA
ARHIPS
HIKNOE
ALNOWIN
LTOVRA
RUEKPEY
UAGRYPIN
NAVLRGU

UNSCRAMBLED WORD ANSWERS:

ARDEIDOR
CORLINN
DUCKBEAK
GUINSTAR
HARPIS
KHIONE
LANIWON
LOVART
PERUKEY
PYRAGUIN
VALGRUN

::- RIDDLE ME THIS! APRIL 2015 -::

1. If you take 3 apples from a group of 5, how many do you have?

2. How many eggs can you put in an empty basket one foot in diameter?

3. If you can purchase 8 eggs for 26 cents, how many can you buy for a cent and a quarter?

4. If a rooster laid 13 eggs, and the farmer took 8 of them, and then another rooster laid 12 eggs and 4 of them were rotten, how many of the eggs were left?

5. 27 ducks are marching to the pond. 5 lose their way, 13 return, and 9 of them make it to the pond. What happens to the rest of them?

RIDDLE ANSWERS BELOW:

1. 3 (You took them yourself)

2. 1 (Putting one in the basket it is no longer empty)

3. Eight (26 Cents)

4. None, a rooster can't lay eggs.

5. None are remaining

(27-5= 22, 22-13= 9, 9-9=0)

This Month's Monthly Polls via Club's Website:

How do you celebrate Mother's Day?
A day all to herself without kids
Buying a present
Family outing and cookout
Flowers and Chocolates
Going out to eat
Going out to the movies
Making a gift for her at school
My family doesn't celebrate it
She's in my heart and I always think of her
Treating Mom to the Spa

Will you use bird text art when posting the club's anthem?
Yes
No ... Don't make me do it!
Maybe
Didn't know we could do that?

- :: - Bird Jokes - :: -

What do you call a chicken in the 1960’s?
A: A funky chicken.

Why did the little bird get in trouble at school?
A: Because he was caught tweeting on a test.

Why did the rooster cross the road?
A: To prove he wasn’t a chicken!

Q. What is smarter than a talking bird?
A. A spelling bee

Bird Facts
Learn something about a different bird or two each month.
There are so many species to get to know, isn't it fascinating?

Ruffed Grouse

It thrives well in harsh weather in its natural habitat.

Is a ground-dwelling, non-migratory bird, which is found in Canada and the United States.

The bird got its name from its neck ruff (tufts of feathers) that is displayed more in males during courtship.

There are around 14 species of ruffed grouse which belongs to the genus Bonasa.

Is a game bird sharing the likes of other terrestrial birds like turkeys, quails, partridge and pheasants.

They walk or run, but they may also fly short distances. Males are more colorful and slightly larger than females.

It can be found in forests, mixed woodland rich in aspen, poplar, and birch. In the winter, it spends time in snow burrows and treetops.

Both female and male grouse have feathers on their legs and most have a crest on the top of their head.

Sometimes, the head crest lies flat.
The bird has a mottled plumage, which can be brown, gray, or buff-colored.

The brown colored ones mainly are seen in the humid and warmer southern regions while the gray ones inhabit the cooler high altitudes of the northern parts of the regions.

The plumage plays a major role in camouflaging. An average adult grows to a max length of 20 inches and has a body weight up to 1.5 pounds.

It has a variety of foods it dines on including leaves, buds, catkins, fruits, seeds, insects, worms and invertebrates.

The winters, the bird eats buds from trees like the aspen, poplars, birch, ironwood, cherries and alders.

These are highly nutritious for the ruffed grouse. In the Spring, it maily eats tender leaves of various plants, shrubs, and trees.

Examples would be rose hips, clover, strawberries, grapes, blueberries, seeds, etc. Sometimes, it eats frogs, lizards, salamanders and even snakes.

Only ruffed grouse chicks mainly feed on insects. The nest is lined with leaves, feathers and pine needles.

Females lays 8 to 14 pinkish-brown eggs, that hatch within 20 to 24 days.

The chicks accompany their mother for three to four months and then get dispersed after this period.

Naturally, to hide from predators, it buries itself in snow.

The burrow gives enough warmth to act like insulation.

Hunting of the ruffed grouse is very common and rigorous. It is a source of lean white meat. In the wild, it can live up to 8 years.

Bird Art Crafts Do it yourself at home
Silly Bird Marionette

Supplies Needed:
6 Pom poms: 1 large, 3 medium, 2 small (you need them with contrast colors)
1 mardi gras bead chain
2 craft sticks
yellow felt
2 wiggly eyes
2 metal washers
2 feathers
Fishing line

Tools:
Hot glue gun
1 big needle
Scissors

Entertain your younger siblings or yourself during the summer break from school. The supplies can be mostly found at The Dollar Store and Michaels. Use adult supervision for handling a glue gun if it is your first time. Enjoy crafting!
You will find Doodle Craft's site linked (Here) so you can look at the pictures and instructions outlined there in how to create this very cute project.

Here are some other bird crafts you can explore and try out yourself:
Feather Bird Craft -
http://crafts.123peppy.com/feather-bird/512

Egg Carton Crafts Chicken Egg Cup -
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/18366310957080700/

**** NEWS CONTINUED IN NEXT POST ****

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 10 May 2015 at 9:13 PM

~::~ MAY 2015 CLUB NEWSLETTER ~::~ PART 3

-: Delicious Recipes :-

Sweet-Breakfast-Crepes

Quantity: 24 Crepes

Ingredients:
4 egg substitute (or can use 2TBS water per egg)
2 Cups Flour
2 1/2 Cups no-fat/low fat soy milk
1/4 cup applesauce
dash salt
2 TBS sugar or sweetner

Instructions:
Mix liquids first in blender or mixer, add egg substitutes and blend. Add flour last. Mix in blender for 1 min. on high.

Scrape sides and blend another 30 seconds to a minute more. Should be a relatively thin mixture.

If you have a really good non-stick skillet nothing is needed, if not you may need to lightly spray.

Heat skillet on medium heat. Pour about an ounce of batter in skillet, pick skillet up and tilt to allow batter to spread out in skillet. Cook til browned on both sides.

Allow each crepe to cool before rolling. A slight sprinkle of lemon juice and powder sugar is very yummy.

Quiche Delight

Crust:
2 cups cooked brown rice
1/3 cup nonfat cottage cheese
2 egg whites
2 tbsp ff grated Parmesan

Mix all the ingredients and spread evenly in a nine-inch glass pie plate to make crust. Bake in 375 F oven for 15 mins. until lightly browned.

Filling:
2 small carrots, grated
1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
1/2 cup grated nf cheddar cheese
1 four-ounce carton Eggbeater
2 tbsp. ff grated Parmesan
pepper, oregano, garlic powder

Nuke grated carrots in a little water on HI 2-3 min. Nuke onions in a litle water on HI for 2 min.

Drain vegetables (save water for future rice cooking). Sprinkle cheese onto bottom of rice crust. Layer onion slices on top of cheese.

Mix Eggbeaters, Parmesan, carrot, and flavorings and pour into crust.

Bake in the microwave on 60% power for 15 min, rotating every 5 minutes or so, until set.

Club Membership Drive

Do you have fun with us and love being a member of our bird club?

Why not let others know by promoting Birds Of A Feather (BOAF) during the
month of May and get rewarded for it plus gain new friendships in the process?

Our club is open to all Egg Cavers and especially, if they are bird lovers.

This is just something to have in common to grow bonds and help out others who have birds in their coves.

Help our club's growth this new year and it means more mini-games, mini-contests, prizes, cove help and awesome prizes each month.

Refer two friends and if they stay in the club two months you all get 50,000 Egg Coins from now until May 30th.

Let us make our club member drive thrive!
Thank you all so much.

::Club Member Checklist::

Did you pledge the club anthem today?

Have you talked to other club members?

Did you share something in the forum?

Have you visited other bird coves this week?

Do you make fair or generous trades here?

Have you participated in a game or activity?

Did you welcome a new member to the club?

Have you helped someone out who asked for it?

Did you promote the club for others to join?

Have you contributed to the club newsletter?

Are you active at least 3 times a month?

These are basic things we are looking for when we pick the MOTM Recognition Award each month. We hope you are pleased being in the club and a very sincere thanks to everyone who has made this a lively place to come together.

Purpose of Club Newsletter

Our newsletter is provided to you in hopes you will get the most out of being a member at Egg Cave interacting with other members.

Moderators work hard to provide you with fun things to satisfy all bird enthusiasts.

A member can always submit by PM anything they might want added in the newsletter. We encourage all to respect, love and take proper care of all their adopted pets.

This is just another venue to express our dedication to Egg Cave and being a member of the BOAF Club.

This concludes our MAY 2015 CLUB NEWSLETTER!

Thank you to everyone who contributed and all members participating this month. 😸

Female
679 posts

kschr26 • 10 May 2015 at 9:14 PM

@contests-r-us Hi😊 I noticed that I won a couple of things, how do I collect them?😸

Gender Fluid
601 posts

audrei9 • 10 May 2015 at 9:49 PM

Um....hi? Happy mothers day?

Female
5 posts

contests-r-us • 10 May 2015 at 10:46 PM

Hi Everyone!

Would the following club members please set up a junk egg lot and give me the trade lot # on @contests-r-us profile wall or by PM.

I will then be able to give you your creatures and egg coins asap!

@brunosc
@kschr26
@ljacks
@spiritkoi

Thank you for being such awesome club members. 😊

*Everyone else I will be making the trade lots right now for you and will post in this forum thread once all done.
You can then offer on the lots with a junk egg and thanks.

All Travels won from Uncommon to Unobtainable and Cash Shop, are being sent out now. πŸ˜ƒ

Happy Mother's Day @audrei9! A lot will be set up in a few for you, just offer a junk egg and congrats!

Female
291 posts

ljacks • 10 May 2015 at 10:52 PM

@byfelisa

::RAOK::
Have feed all 12 coves for 5/10, 5/11, 5/12, 5/13, 5/14, 5/17, 5/18, 5/20

Fed first 6 for 5/16, 5/19

Fed last 6 for 5/22

Deleted • 10 May 2015 at 11:10 PM

@contests-r-us
Here's the lot: Just put all the creatures for it! Sadly I have a terapox.. It's ok though..
Lot #571904

Female
5 posts

contests-r-us • 10 May 2015 at 11:23 PM

@ljacks
Thank you bunches! I have you marked down for today
and much obliged for doing all 12!! 😊

@brunosc
Thanks, you are credited for participating in the contest for today. 😸

@loveicepop
I will be setting up your lot, just give me some time please. I only need one egg as too many on the account right now. Thank you so much. 😊

@kschr26
You are so welcome and thank you. I have offered on your lot and all your prizes have been given to you now.
Have a good night. πŸ˜ƒ

Female
679 posts

kschr26 • 10 May 2015 at 11:25 PM

@contests-r-us Ok the lots up in the trade centre and is reserved, please offerπŸ˜ƒ

Thank you so much!😊

Two-Spirit
753 posts

brunosc • 10 May 2015 at 11:31 PM

@byfelisa

RAOK 3 week Contest: All fed for today 😸

I would also like to congratulate all the winners from the club! I'm really proud to say that what makes this game and this club so fun is the comunity! ❀️❀️❀️

Female
5 posts

contests-r-us • 11 May 2015 at 12:59 AM

Hi again, everyone! 😸

Please refer to post #250 thru #252 for our latest newsletter for May.

Full html format version of May's Newsletter is here -
http://boafclub.net/index.html

Two new Mini-Games have been posted also in post #247.

The following club members have creatures waiting for them in the Creature Trade Center:

@audrei9 - ORP

@bang14982 - ARA

@brenna_hogan - ENGEL

@dream-within-a-dream - PURITA

@egg-cave_ - LOTTY

@maiden - ZEBBIT

@mastergemma - AVEM

@musicgurl333 - KHIONE

@promise - LEFFER

@scorpio - SIKEREE

Congratulations and thanks for participating in April! 😊

Female
148 posts

ugena • 11 May 2015 at 8:50 AM

@byfelisa

Hello! I'd like to suscribe to the ROAK activity.

For the Jar, I guess 142 jelly beans.

Have a nice day! 😊

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 11 May 2015 at 5:50 PM

@contests-r-us πŸ˜ƒ April was lots of fun, and from what I've read so far, May seems like it'll be more so! I can't wait to start doing the activities here. ^^ Thank you so much for doing all of this! ❀️

Two-Spirit
753 posts

brunosc • 11 May 2015 at 5:56 PM

@byfelisa

RAOK 3 week Contest: All fed for today 😸

A fun fact about Ravens: RAVENS USE β€œHAND” GESTURES.

It turns out that ravens make β€œvery sophisticated nonvocal signals,” according to researchers. In other words, they gesture to communicate. A study in Austria found that ravens point with their beaks to indicate an object to another bird, just as we do with our fingers. They also hold up an object to get another bird’s attention. This is the first time researchers have observed naturally occurring gestures in any animal other than primates.

Wish you all a great week!

Deleted • 11 May 2015 at 6:35 PM

@byfelisa @contests-r-us

That's all. I'm going to make a poem soon...

Non-binary
2,819 posts

lunacharm1037 • 11 May 2015 at 6:41 PM

@byfelisa

RAOK

I fed all 12 coves 5/11/15
I fed all 12 coves 5/12/15
I fed all 12 coves 5/13/15
I fed all 12 coves 5/14/15
I fed all 12 coves 5/15/15
I fed all 12 coves 5/16/15
I fed all 12 coves 5/17/15
I fed all 12 coves 5/18/15
I fed all 12 coves 5/19/15
I fed all 12 coves 5/20/15
I fed all 12 coves 5/21/15
I fed all 12 coves 5/22/15
I fed all 12 coves 5/23/15
I fed all 12 coves 5/24/15
I fed all 12 coves 5/25/15
I fed all 12 coves 5/26/15
I fed all 12 coves 5/27/15
I fed all 12 coves 5/28/15
I fed all12 coves 5/29/15
I fed all12 coves 5/30/15
I fed all 12 coves 5/31/15

MINI GAME

1. plain-----nurture

2. I DREAM ON in my arm chair
Dream On by Aerosmith

Female
4,149 posts

emo_pattys • 11 May 2015 at 7:02 PM

@byfelisa Hello! May I ask a question? Can I still enter the RAOK Contest or am I late? Anyway, I fed the 12 coves. I hope this helps the creatures to survive 😊

Oh, and I'd like to join the Guess Jar Contest too! My guess is 98 jelly beans

Gender Fluid
601 posts

audrei9 • 11 May 2015 at 9:43 PM

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 11 May 2015 at 10:01 PM

@byfelisa
I think I may have died when I read Avem... thank you so much ❀️

@loveicepop
You need to private message your answers!

Nurture to Energy

"Obey" In My Arm Chair!
Obey is a song by Crusher-P.

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 12 May 2015 at 12:54 AM

Good Evening Friends!

We hope you are all enjoying the May activities and contests going on this month. πŸ˜ƒ

Only a few members left who haven't claimed their winnings for last month, otherwise, all won prizes have been given out and thank you.

Please notice that the new mottos and anthems have been approved and everyone who participated was awarded.
All members can now use these anytime posting to the main forum thread once a day. They can found on Page 1, Post #24.
Feel free to use the Bird Text Art on the same page and you mix it up as you wish. Let us see more creative anthem posts! πŸ˜ƒ

Please help me welcome and give warm birdie hugs to @ugena @emo_pattys @shadow_peaches_lizards!! ❀️
Welcome! May you enjoy yourself each week/month here with us. This is our Fun Center for the club, News and updates are posted here too. We hope you will join in the activities and contests running all this month.

Congratulations and terrific job in the Mini-Games @brunosc @dark-alice @mastergemma @lunacharm1037!!
You each will get an Uncommon Travel and a Mother's Day item.
Thanks for playing both games and hope to see you again tomorrow. 😊

Wow, how cool! I love facts like that, thank you @brunosc for sharing something interesting with us.

Thanks, @spiritkoi! Always a pleasure and glad you enjoyed them and may you have even more fun this month. Your MOTM cash voucher is on its way in a few minutes.

Hopefully, it will help greatly and their creatures don't perish @emo_pattys. The last week will post the last set of coves to visit. I think anything done with care and that is positive is never in vain and makes others happy. 😸

There was a little mistake with the Guessing Jar Contest.
It appears I had it still saying Jelly Beans but the jar was showing there were cookies to guess on and so sorry to everyone for the inconvenience.
If you like to guess over again you can by PM please and thanks.

Thanks and you are credited for yesterday's visits in the RAOK Charity Contest:
@ljacks @brunosc @lunacharm1037 @ugena @emo_pattys

It is so gratifying to see you club members helping others who really need the help with their coves. ❀️

This contest runs all month so joining it is not late at all as long as it is before the last four days in the last week of this month.
The prizes have been altered in case more decide to participate.

"WORDS IN A WORD"

In this game you have to post as many words as you can that you found in one big word given to you here in this forum.
Just reply back with the words and you are free to edit the post as you wish should you need to before the deadline.

Ready? Here is the word to use: HIPPOPOTOMONSTROSESQUIPEDALIAN

Yes, I know but it really is a real and long word according to Mrs. Byrne's Dictionary. 😱 LOL

"WHAT DO I STAND FOR?"

This game is really cool when you think about it as you have a word but it is spelled vertically.

The object of the game is to think of each letter on each line and type in what you want it to stand for.

Got it? Well, no problem! Here is an example below for you. 😊

Example:

J
U
S
T

Now with you filling it in with what you want it to stand for.

J - Juice
U - Ukelele
S - Spring
T - Timer

Alright, here is your word to take on and good luck! Hehehe

WORD FOR YOU TO USE:

C
A
M
P
E
R
S

Have fun everyone and remember only use one post for both games.

Both Mini-Games end at 11:30 PM ECT on May 12th.

Get 2 very nice Common Travels per member who participates.

Have a good slumber friends!

I will answer back all open chat in our BOAFCHAT forum thread later on today and thanks for posting more about yourselves there. 😸

Bird Chirps and Hugs! ❀️