BOAFFUN

in Forum Games

What kind of games do you like to play most? (Multiple answers allowed.)

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 23 August 2014 at 4:12 PM

@dream-within-a-dream I love these GAMMMEEES!!!!!! xP Fun. Do some of the games!!! πŸ˜ƒ

1,146 posts

iulianna1 • 23 August 2014 at 4:17 PM

@byfelisa
Thanks Felisa for all of your hard work! 😸

Female
2,174 posts

dream-within-a-dream • 23 August 2014 at 4:20 PM

@spiritkoi Lol. XD ❀️ ❀️ Me toooo! ❀️

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 1 September 2014 at 9:00 PM

BOAF CLUB NEWS & UPDATE FOR SEPTEMBER 2014

EVENING ALL!

'''''''''''''''''''' .--.
''''''''''''''''''''." o \__
............_.-"....,(
'''''''''''''''_.-"'' ,;;;
''''''''_.-=" _,"' ,,;;;'
''''.-"`_.-"``-..,,;;;;:'
''''`"'`BIRDS\`\ UNITE
''''''''''''''''''''''""^'^

Happy Monday and September to everyone!

Please help me welcome @mastergemma to our wonderful bird club and welcome back @puppymaks!!
May you both have a blast with us and {{{{HUGE Birdie Hugs}}}} to you.
I have done new badges for the club and will make your badges tonight before uploading the new ones on the server.

Remember we have the #BOAFCHAT forum thread to chat with other Egg Cavers during the week and/or share some fun things going on with you.

Our club is going through a re-structuring process so please bare with me. I have been cleaning things up and plan to revive and add more creatures as a bulk of them are given out in prizes.

There will be mini-contests as well as mini-games now so this should keep everyone on their toes. πŸ˜ƒ

Please participate in the ongoing poll on our main thread for BOAF, so we can plan for activities and contests based on the majority vote and thank you. 😊

This month all the needed changes will be completed and implemented in our club.

Right now, it is 75% completed and have to renew my web hosting. The Artwork page I mentioned will be revealed by Christmas. Our @wererage is a beautiful and talented Artist and has agreed to give us lovely artwork for club members and as even prizes. More about this is coming soon, stay tuned!

Our club is open and you can continue being active as you like - please note: New contests, activities and monthly drawings will take place month to month as of this month.

Previous month's MOTM will be rewarded by Christmas the latest.

There will be times I alternate between the club's account and my main account but urge you to send all PMs to the club account for faster replies.

Prizes for previous mini-game played will be rewarded and sorry I got sidetracked and then forgot to send the travels. Really sorry and will also put up a new game tonight. Thank you to all who participate, we are very grateful. 😊 😊

Have a terrific evening all and much HUGS!! ❀️

Felisa

MINI-GAME TIME!

[GUESS THE BIRD FEED]

How bird savvy are you? Do you think you can guess what bird eats what kind of food below?

Here are some birds listed for your convenience and you have to match the food that they eat.

Your answers should be in this format please:

CROW = PLANT AND/OR ANIMAL (dead or alive)

First 10 MEMBERS to respond get a PRIZE!

///BIRDS:\\\

CATBIRDS

CHANNEL BILLED CUCKOOS

EMU

SPARROW

FINCHES

///CHOICE OF FOOD:\\\

CRACKED CORN

FRUITS & BERRIES

INSECTS

MEAT & SEEDS

SUGAR WATER

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

HAVE FUN EVERYONE AND GOOD LUCK! 😸

Female
1,323 posts

promise • 1 September 2014 at 9:15 PM

@byfelisa
CATBIRDS ~ Insects and Fruits + Barries

CHANNEL BILLED CUCKOOS ~ Insects and Fruits + Barries

EMU ~ Insects and Fruits + Barries (grasses as well)

SPARROW ~ Cracked Corn

FINCHES ~ Fruits + Barries (seeds as well)

Female
1,194 posts

puppymaks • 2 September 2014 at 6:37 AM

CATBIRDS - Fruits & berries & insects

CHANNEL BILLED CUCKOOS - Fruits & berries & insects

EMU - insects & fruit (and grass and seeds)

SPARROW - cracked corn & insects

FINCHES - fruits & insects (and seeds, blossoms, nectar...)

---

Hope this is alright 😊
It's nice to be back, thank you @byfelisa ! πŸ˜ƒ

3,446 posts

chowchow2012 • 2 September 2014 at 10:47 AM

@byfelisa
Sorry I was very inactive in the club for a long time! But I hope to participate more in activities from now on ❀️ C: I also appreciate all the hard work you put into this club!

~~~

All birds need water of course though! XD

CATBIRDS-Fruit, berries and insects

CHANNEL BILLED CUCKOOS- Fruit and berries

EMU-Insects, fruits

SPARROW- Cracked corn

Finches- Fruits, berries, seeds

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 2 September 2014 at 7:39 PM

@byfelisa Yay, your back! 😊 And I'm going to attempt to answer these correctly..

CATBIRDS insects??

CHANNEL BILLED CUCKOOS berries and fruit

EMU fruits?

SPARROW cracked corn

FINCHES fruits and berries

Two-Spirit
753 posts

brunosc • 3 September 2014 at 5:41 PM

@byfelisa

CATBIRDS - insects, berries, fruits

CHANNEL BILLED CUCKOOS - insects, berries, fruits

EMU - insects, caterpillars, grubs and other invertebrates, seeds, nuts, flowers, fruits, young leaves and other plant parts, lizards, other small animals, eggs and even animal droppings

SPARROW- wheat, corn and oats, cereal grains, weed seeds and insects

FINCHES - insects, flowers, leaves, worms, fruits and birdseed

Non-binary
2,819 posts

lunacharm1037 • 4 September 2014 at 11:11 AM

@byfelisa

CATBIRDS-Fruit & berries
CHANNEL BILLED CUCKOOS- Fruits, berries ,insects
EMU-Fruit,insects,nuts
SPARROW-Cracked corn & insects
FINCHES-Seeds, sugar water (nectar)

Female
118 posts

dragonfly044 • 7 September 2014 at 1:30 PM

@byfelisa
ummmm...

CATBIRDS= cracked corn

CHANNEL BILLED CUCKOOS= fruits and berries

EMU= meat and seeds

SPARROW= insects

FINCHES= Sugar water

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 15 February 2015 at 4:02 AM

@zero_chaos

Thank you for moving the main bird club's forum thread to the games section. 😊

May I ask you to please move this topic as well?

We play games here and I post the club's monthly newsletter as well as fun activities for everyone.

I would surely appreciate it since it has been in the wrong section for 2 years and didn't realize this.

Thanks and wishing you a happy weekend & Valentine's. πŸ˜ƒ

Female
1,305 posts

zero_chaos • 15 February 2015 at 9:00 AM

@byfelisa

Sure thing! Topic moved 😊 Thanks, byfelisa!

Female
362 posts

heather519 • 24 February 2015 at 10:54 PM

@byfelisa
Sorry, I'm a little confused ^^" Are the games and competitions and or monthly drawings held here or at #BOAF ? 😱 Thanks! c:

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 15 April 2015 at 12:06 AM

Good Evening Friends!

Did you all have a great day?
It was a long one for me but so happy to be able to bring you a little sunshine and dance today. ❀️

Just click below and away you go to a smile --

http://www.123greetings.com/events/spring/wishes/springtime_melody.html

Feel up to something cute? Have I got one for you!
Check this out as who can resist anything adorable --

Baby Bird Hatching
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TspGG52a0N8

Thieving Birds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3APAOkMajVU

On Friday there will be Club News posted along with updates club-wide in effect.

I have been doing a lot behind the scenes and as Egg Cave does changes it makes it necessary to do the same so everyone takes pleasure in weekly and monthly activities. πŸ˜ƒ

With that said, you'll notice more interaction will be needed from members to participate in pairings twice a year. You will see the benefit of it and how you even gain more friendships or strengthen the ones you already have here. Besides, the prizes are great and something to look forward to as well.

I THANK ALL OF YOU SO MUCH!!! ❀️ ❀️ ❀️
This club would be nothing without any of you and appreciate you sticking it out with us forum club moderators.

June will mark our anniversary and there will be a big gala in store for everyone to show how much we love this bird club and all our friends. There will be door prizes here in this forum thread. Look out there will be even some summer wagon trails going on. Believe me you won't want to miss it for it will highlight our very affection for Egg Cave as a whole.

Your member list has been updated and will have the coves needing help and give a member a bird project updated tomorrow.

Hopefully, egg cavers who have quit and been on a very long hiatus will return someday and we can play with them once again, but in the meantime they are still our friends and the reason we joined here or stayed here so long, let us never forget that.

Mini-Games are back and will be a permanent part of each week. We have a memory game and also jigsaw puzzle you can play via our club's website.

Please note:
The club's website has changed url temporarily and will be a back up site to the original one should anything arise so you will always be able to access it. 😸 ❀️

Mini-Games will consist of anything fun with a time frame of an hour to 1 day to participate in.
The first 10 members to join in will be rewarded a rarer prize item or EC.

As promised here are two mini-games for all you to enjoy. 😊

--- :: MINI-GAME #1 :: ---

Can you solve the Math Mystery?
All you have to do is figure out the answer to the math problems below and post them here in the forum.
You can edit your answer anytime before the deadline.
Have fun and remember this game ends by 6:00 PM ECT - Wednesday, April 15th.

1) 7 X 7 : 7 + 7 - 7 =

2) 10 - 3 X 3 + 3 : 24 =

--- :: MINI-GAME #2 :: ---

High or Low? Can you guess what comes next?
All you have to do is pick whether the next card is high or low and post it here. You can edit but only once before the deadline 9:00 PM ECT - Wednesday, April 15th.

1) JACK of SPADES ~ Next card: (High or Low)

2) FOUR of DIAMONDS ~ Next card: (High or Low)

3) ACE of CLUBS ~ Next card: (High or Low)

4) SIX of HEARTS ~ Next card: (High or Low)

Have a wonderful evening/day and most of all have a blast around Egg Cave! 😸

Hugs to you all πŸ˜ƒ

Two-Spirit
753 posts

brunosc • 15 April 2015 at 12:15 AM

@byfelisa
AWESOME!! I love minigames πŸ˜ƒ Also is always good to see you on eggcave ❀️

Well here are my answers:
game 1:
1- 7 (LOL)
2- 1,125 e_e

game 2:
1- Low
2- High
3- High
4- Low

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 15 April 2015 at 11:51 AM

@byfelisa Yay the mini games are back!! ^^

1) 7 X 7 : 7 + 7 - 7 = 7

So many 7s.

2) 10 - 3 X 3 + 3 : 24 = 1.125

I don't really get game #2 though. Just guessing, right?

1 HIGH
2 LOW
3 LOW
4 HIGH

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 15 April 2015 at 11:02 PM

Hello @heather519, yes this is the forum thread that will announce games, contests and newsletters and you can answer here when playing unless stated otherwise for the activity. I'm glad you are doing better and hugs. 😸

@brunosc it is good to see you too and thank you. I hope you enjoy the games that will be featured here soon and thank you for always supporting the games. ❀️

Thank you brunosc and @spiritkoi for playing the mini-games for today. You both got the 1st mini-game correct and way to go! πŸ˜ƒ

For the 2nd mini-game it was tricky I know but it was just suppose to be fun playing it anyway. LOL
You both did very well and appreciate you taking it on.

The answers for it is as follows:

1) LOW
2) HIGH
3) LOW
4) HIGH

Since it was just you two who played you share the 100 πŸ’΅ pot and will receive one CS Travel.
Congratulations!! Thanks for playing. πŸ˜ƒ

--- :: MINI-GAME 1 :: ---

Random Words time! Can you take the 4 words listed below and put them in a humorous sentence?
If this is just your game, try it out and post your sentences. We are curious to see some laughter up in here. Hehehe

DENTIST
YELLOW
MARKET
BOOK

There you have it, good luck everyone and this game is over at 7 PM ECT on Thursday, April 16th.

--- :: MINI-GAME 2 :: ---

What comes next? Can you figure out what these letters stand for in order to guess the next letters in play? Come on, you can do it; don't take all year.

J F M A M J J A S _ _ _ _

M T W _ _ _ _

Ah, it isn't that bad but quite fun if you use your noodle. Good luck and post those answers in here.
Editing is allowed and the game ends 5 PM ECT on Thursday, April 16th.

Have a wondrous day and hugs everyone! ❀️ 😸

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 16 April 2015 at 3:19 PM

@byfelisa Thanks, they were really fun. ^^

DENTIST
YELLOW
MARKET
BOOK

At the market I saw a dentist with yellow teeth, and promptly gave him a book on whitening.

My friend said that the sun was yellow, but I corrected him; sunFLOWERS are yellow, so everything else can't be yellow due to the rules of logic.

"What a lovely book," I said, as I looked at a rose, which by any other name would smell as sweet.

I asked my dentist if his teeth were so white because of his profession; he told me it was because he wore dentures.

The market was swarming with bees; I didn't know why everyone was screaming, after all, my family is stingless.

Did I do that right? I try to add more later.

J F M A M J J A S O N D _ I'm not sure what that last blank is.

M T W T F S S

Two-Spirit
753 posts

brunosc • 16 April 2015 at 7:50 PM

@byfelisa thank you for the prizes, and I am pretty sure that the featured games that are to come next will be as fun as ever! πŸ˜‰

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 19 April 2015 at 7:26 PM

Good Day Everyone!

Your newsletter for April is almost done. You will have it fresh and early tomorrow, Monday hot off the presses.

The breakdown of the newsletter will be posted here and then you can visit it at our club website to enjoy it in html and get started on the activities and contests.

Thank you for the enthusiasm and the patience for the news. Giving you all a huge and warm hug! ❀️ πŸ˜ƒ ❀️

@spiritkoi, congratulations you got both mini-games correct and will be sent an virtually unobtainable travel. Awesome! 😸

Thank you, @brunosc and you are most welcome. I'm glad you feel that way. I know how much you enjoy the games and part of the reason they will be diversed. ❀️

Thank you both for playing the games and wishing you a very enjoyable day! {{{{HUGS}}}}

The answers for MINI-GAME 1 were any sentence with the words included in it and it had to be humorous. Spiritkoi, cinched it.

The answers for MINI-GAME 2 had to do with months of the year and days of the week. It was good to see a member figure it out. 😊

J F M A M J J A S O N D (Months of the Year)

M T W T F S S (Days of the Week)

Ready for a new set of Mini-Games?
Here you go and please note that these will both end 8 PM ECT on Monday, April 20th.

This game is our very own jigsaw puzzle page located at:
http://boafclub.net/ECJigsawPuzzle.html

Play the game and when you finish get the stats of how you played, copy it and post it here in this forum thread so you can get credit and be rewarded for playing. πŸ˜ƒ

Play our own bird memory game located at:
http://boafclub.net/memory/ECMemoryGame.html

Play the game and when you finish it will give you the time the game ended. Jot it down and then post the time here in this forum thread to claim your prize.

Have fun everyone! Wishing you a splendid Sunday. ❀️

Female
291 posts

ljacks • 19 April 2015 at 11:04 PM

Oh boy puzzles, my favorite! πŸ˜ƒ

Time - 5:16

Time: 1:34

Non-binary
2,819 posts

lunacharm1037 • 20 April 2015 at 12:13 AM

Mini game 1.

YAY ❀️ ❀️
Jigsaw puzzle....Love it ❀️

1,903 posts

petpet55 • 20 April 2015 at 10:29 AM

I never gotten around participating in your minigames before so I decided to give them a shot now. 😊

Minigame 1:

5:28

Minigame 2:

1:45

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 20 April 2015 at 2:58 PM

They were really fun! And I love puzzles! ^^

7:34

1:31

^^

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 20 April 2015 at 7:46 PM

APRIL - BOAF CLUB NEWSLETTER 2015

This is just a sneak peek into what you can expect in this month's newsletter that will be posted later on this evening.

The Theme is Easter and you can expect the usual word find, maze puzzle, a recipe, bird facts and an arts and craft article.

- Crazy Eggs a club-wide - Contest
- Club Motto and Anthem Writing Contest
- Guessing Jar Contest
- Easter Random Gift - Activity
- Unscramble The Words - Activity
- Riddle Me This! - Activity

- Crazy Eggs is a 7 day Contest -
You must follow Forum Posts that are posted in this thread each day
* Top 10 participants who play daily will win prizes

*Remember in lull periods while waiting for the newsletter, there are mini-games and contests posted here plus you can play the club's memory and jigsaw puzzle games on our club's website or talk to other members in our chat forum.

Your daily post of the club's motto and anthem can be lively when using bird art provided on the first page of our main forum thread. Show that club spirit and let us see some creative posts, never know what stands out to us and thanks for all the wonderful inspiration.

The Mini-Games are almost over for today so hurry as a new set will be posted tonight and the winners will be announced.

Have a splendid day and hugs! ❀️ πŸ˜ƒ

----

@duchess @wererage @eschla @marie_lily @tikimaki

CONGRATULATIONS @ljacks, @lunacharm1037, @petpet55 and @spiritkoi!!

I'm so thrilled you enjoyed the puzzles! 😊

You will be receiving your prizes very shortly, thank you for playing the mini-games. ❀️

A new Mini-Game is below for everyone.

WORDS WITHIN A WORD

One big word below has to have many smaller words in it so let us see how many you can make.

Just post in this thread which you can edit anytime before the deadline Wednesday at 8:00 PM ECT.

Word to use: "EXTRACURRICULAR"

Example - CIRCLE

Have fun friends! Wishing you a terrific Tuesday. ❀️

Two-Spirit
753 posts

brunosc • 21 April 2015 at 2:18 AM

@byfelisa

EXTRA
CURRICULAR
EXTRACT
CURL
CIRCLE
ACT
TRACE
TAX
RICE
RACE
CAR
CAT
REACT
TEAR
TREE
TAR
TURC
CARE
RARE
RARER
TEXT
TEXTER
CART

Hope you guys have an awesome week! 😸 ❀️

Female
5 posts

contests-r-us • 21 April 2015 at 3:18 AM

❀️ Happy Greetings Everyone! ❀️

------^^^^^------ l

l
------^O^O^--<<< TWEET l
--------^v^-------- l_______l
--<<<<vvv>>>>
---<<<vvv>>>---
-----<<vvv>>-----
--------ll ll--------
--------x x--------
___B__O__A__F_________

April News Edition is now hot off the press! 😊
http://boafclub.net/index.html

I will be posting from both accounts to give you the news in its full so please refrain from posting until it is all done and thank you.

APRIL 2015 CLUB NEWSLETTER

Greetings Everyone!
Welcome to our April edition of our monthly newsletter.

It is an Easter Holiday theme we are going with.
Did everyone have fun with the Event at Egg Cave?

Are you enjoying the new cave and CS creatures as well?

We now have 97 members. Thank you all for being here with us!!

Please help us give a hearty welcome and bird hug to our newest members here in the bird club:

@brenna_hogan
@erin360
@kschr26
@loveicepop
@maiden

Thank you for joining and may you have a long, happy and enjoyable time with us. ❀️
Let us know if you need a bird or any other kind of help, we are here for you!

EXTRA! EXTRA! EXTRA!
Refer two friends and if they stay in the club two months you all will get 50,000 Egg Coins from now until May 20th.

We are having a club member drive!
Thank you all so much. ❀️

Good News Everyone!

We will be celebrating our Club Anniversary this June. We ask that you help us in the occasion by contributing any story, picture, art work, etc... A big bash will be given with door prizes and fun around Egg Cave so stay tuned. Thank you for making this possible.

Congratulations to our newest Member of the Month Recognition Reward recipient. Thank you to wererage for your exemplary spirit!! You have fed our club's account creatures and saved at least a hundred from dying on us. You have shown such kindness and charity towards other members and always helpful. You are our shining star for the month of March 2015 and well overdue for the other months you have displayed awesome spirit. ❀️ >3

This newsletter represents the full version of all club happenings for this month. You can always come back during the month to re-read, take the polls and join in activities as you like.

We have a Random Prize, 3 activities, 3 contests and the usual puzzles for you.

**Remember you can post everyday at the BOAFCHAT forum, come share your experiences, suggestions or even questions with us. Enjoy mini-games and other fun stuff here in this thread.

Wishing you a fantastic and exciting month!! 😊

Warm Hugs from byfelisa, duchess, eschla, marie_lily and tikimaki.

- 1st Club Actitivity of the Month -

:: UNSCRAMBLE THE WORDS ::

The words below are actually Egg Cave Creatures we've come to love.

OADRRIDE

NCROILN

DUCBKEKA

GUISNTRA

ARHIPS

HIKNOE

ALNOWIN

LTOVRA

RUEKPEY

UAGRYPIN

NAVLRGU

Once you have unscrambled the words send a PM to @byfelisa with them by April 30th to be eligible for a prize.

Prizes will include LE creatures, Uncommon Travels and Egg Coins.

We wish you all good luck. 😊

- 2nd Club Actitivity of the Month -

:: RIDDLE ME THIS! ::

This activity involves 5 questions below that are considered easy level ones.

Solve the riddles and be our Riddle Champions!!

1. If you take 3 apples from a group of 5, how many do you have?

2. How many eggs can you put in an empty basket one foot in diameter?

3. If you can purchase 8 eggs for 26 cents, how many can you buy for a cent and a quarter?

4. If a rooster laid 13 eggs, and the farmer took 8 of them, and then another rooster laid 12 eggs and 4 of them were rotten, how many of the eggs were left?

5. 27 ducks are marching to the pond. 5 lose their way, 13 return, and 9 of them make it to the pond. What happens to the rest of them?

* The prize for this activity is Egg Coins only *

Please PM your riddle answers to @byfelisa by midnight ECT, April 29, 2015.

- 3rd Club Actitivity of the Month -

Standalone Jigsaw Puzzle

Safe and secure executable puzzle game you can download and play in standalone mode.

A prize will be awarded so be sure to follow this instruction:

After you play it there will be a code you need to write down and be sure to PM @byfelisa this code
before April 30, 2015 midnight ECT.

:: Crazy Eggs Contest ::

This is a seven (7) day activity where daily posts to our #BOAFFUN forum thread is used for members participating to know what activity is required for them to do that day.

If any member chooses to do so, you will be involved in fun things around Egg Cave.

Each day once you have finished the activity you need only post that it is done and any information related to the activity so us moderators will credit you for that day in the contest.

Top 10 contest participants will win one of the following:

500 Cave Cash Voucher
cash shop travel
freeze for 1 creature
change of a creature's gender

This runs from April 23 - April 30, 2015 and ends promptly at Midnight ECT.

:: Guessing Jar Contest ::

Can you guess how many jelly beans are in the jar?

Top 10 participants will receive 50, 000 Egg Coins.

The rest of the players will get 15,000 Egg Coins.

Deadline for submitting your guesses to @byfelisa by PM is April 30, 2015

:: Writing Contest ::

Due to our forum voting poll this is the contest long awaited.

Write our next Club Motto and Anthem.

The motto can only be up to two sentences long.

The anthem can be up to three sentences long.

Anything uplifting, cheery and showing pride in our bird club and Egg Cave is permitted.

Top Three (3) Finalist will receive 1 Cash Shop Creature, their motto and anthem will be added to our club's section in our main forum thread #BOAF's first page.

Top Five (5) Semi-Finalist will be chosen by Club Moderators and then all members will have an opportunity to vote in a poll in our forum thread for who the finalist will be. This will run into next month - May 2015.

The two (2) semi-finalist will receive a Limited Edition Creature available at our club's account on Egg Cave.

All entries must be posted in our #BOAFFUN forum thread no later than April 29, 2015
12:00 PM (Midnight) ECT.

:: Random Prize ::

You never know when there will be a special gift box appearing out of nowhere and able to bring a smile to your day.

This is a random script when you enter the page so will give you a gift box randomly.

Click on the gift box and away you go to an Easter Banner that will tell you what you have won. 😊

PM @byfelisa with the page it took you to and the prize you won.

All winnings must be sent in no later than April 30th, midnight ECT.

We have two voting polls for you all to partake in:

How do you usually spend time with Birds?

Bird Watching
Feeding Pigeons and Seagulls
Playing with your pet bird at home
Reading books based on them
Going to the Zoo or Museum
I'm a Veterinarian
Visiting the Pet Store
I am studying them in school
Watching documentaries on them
Caring for them on Egg Cave

----

What is your favorite Event on Egg Cave?

The Mystery of Ghosty Halloween Plot
MyLights Christmas Competition
One Billion Views
The Case of the Missing Kinump Seeds
Easter 2010 Egg Hunt
Easter 2015 Egg Hunt

BOAF April Monthly Raffle Drawing
This month's raffle drawing prizes are as follows: 5 Cash Shop Creatures
10 Cash Shop Travels
5 Unobtainable Travels/4 Very Rare Travels
5 Past Limited Edition Creatures
3 Star Creatures
2 Current LE Cave Creatures
1 - 100,000 Egg Coins
2 - 50,000 Egg Coins
2 - 25,000 Egg Coins

Any prizes unrewarded will go towards next month's raffle drawing.

* * Please Note:

You have to post the club's motto and anthem at least once or daily in our main forum thread #BOAF to qualify for the raffle.

Drawing winners are randomly selected and so are the prizes.

The more you post the higher your chance of winning in the drawing but doesn't guarantee the prize you might be wanting. * *

A randomizer is used in determining selection of posters and prizes at byfelisa's discretion monthly.

Bird Art Crafts Do it yourself at home
Perfect Parakeets

You’ll need:

1 toilet paper tube
Construction paper
2 dot sticker for eyes
3 small feathers
3 goose quills
1 pipe cleaner
Scissors, tape for construction
Markers for decorating
Hole punch

If you want to get a little fancier, you’ll need:
A small triangle of self-adhesive foam shape for beak
A selection of colored masking tape
Hot glue

Visit this site to see the pictures and to follow the
instructions given there to make this fun bird craft.

::: - Make Perfect Parakeets - :::
https://blogs.princeton.edu/popgoesthepage/tag/bird/

- ::: Puzzle Time ::: -

Club-Wide puzzles and maze for you to enjoy.
Just click on the puzzles and you can be able to download them if you like and can submit the solved puzzles to @duchess or @byfelisa before the month ends. 😊

Crossword Puzzle
http://boafclub.net/puzzles/EC-BOAF_crossword-040115.gif

April 2015 Maze
http://boafclub.net/puzzles/EC-BOAF_maze-040115.gif

Word Search Puzzle
http://boafclub.net/puzzles/EC-BOAF_wordsearch-040115.gif

Newsletter continued in next post ...

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 21 April 2015 at 3:34 AM

BOAF CLUB - APRIL 2015 NEWSLETTER CONTINUED ---

Visit the full edition at http://boafclub.net/index.html

Bird Facts

Learn something about a different bird or two each month.
There are so many species to get to know, isn't it fascinating?

Black-capped Chickadee

This cute species has an oversized round head and tiny body.

It has a short neck, bill and large head that sports a black cap.

White cheeks with a black like bib with a gray back, long tail and wings; it displays a whitish underbelly showing puffy sides.

Call this bird the investigator! It can't help but watch and examine everything in its circumference. Mostly, you will
see this kind of species first arriving at your bird feeder.

They don't stick around feeder, more of a take and go elsewhere to eat style. Noted for their acrobatic nature and associating in flocks, they have a bouncy flight around open areas that is very distinctive.

Chickadees often nest in birch or alder trees.
Their habitat consists of trees, woody shrubs, forests, weedy fields and cattail marshes.

Of course, they don't shy away from woodlots or residential neighborhoods and parks.
They love to use feeders and nesting boxes.

If you want to attract a pair then these simple tips will help you do so:

Use suet, sunflower, mealworms and peanuts in feeders; they can visit large hopper feeders, large tube feeders, platform feeders, small hopper and tube feeders and suet cages.

They can stay for a longer period of time if you have a birch or alder tree in your backyard.

You can find them in the Northeast, Northwest and Southwest regions.

Fox Sparrow

It got its name because of the bright foxy-red color it has in most eastern and northern regions, but many Fox Sparrows in the West regions are gray or sooty brown.

Male sings in spring to defend nesting territory.

Nest site is often on ground under dense cover of low shrubs.

The nest mainly done by the females is made of grass, weeds, moss and lined with fine dry grass.

Their laid eggs are from 2 to 5 and display a pale green to greenish white; heavily blotched with reddish brown color.

Both parents feed the nestlings which leave the nest about 9 - 11 days after they hatch.

You can find one in the northeast, northwest, southeast and southwest regions.

Their diet is mainly of seeds and insects during breeding season; otherwise they
eat seeds, weeds, grasses, berries and tiny crustaceans.

Their favorite feeder types are ground and platform and to get one to dwell a bit it likes sunflower seeds, cracked corn, millet, milo and nyjer.

Pineapple-Raspberry Parfaits

Serves: 4 parfaits
Active & Total Time: 5 minutes

Ingredients:
2 8-ounce containers (2 cups) nonfat peach yogurt
1/2 pint fresh raspberries, (about 1 1/4 cups)
1 1/2 cups fresh, frozen or canned pineapple chunks

Preparation:
Divide and layer yogurt at bottom of a dessert glass.

Next layer in some raspberries and then some pineapples four (4) glasses at one time.
Repeat the process layering the yogurt first and then fruit.

Garnish top of glass with a mint leaf or nothing at all.

---

Spiced Chickpea β€œNuts”

Makes: 4 servings, 1/4 cup each
Active Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour

Ingredients:
1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried marjoram
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon salt

Preparation
Position rack in upper third of oven; preheat to 450Β°F.

Blot chickpeas dry and toss in a bowl with oil, cumin, marjoram, allspice and salt.

Spread on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake, stirring once or twice, until browned and crunchy, 25 to 30 minutes.

Let cool on the baking sheet for 15 minutes.

Storage Tip:
Cover and store at room temperature for up to 2 days.

Both Recipes are from - Eating Well -
http://www.eatingwell.com/

Though most dishes claim to be heart healthy, do check the information on them and remember low salt, sugar and cholestrol is always best for your health.

Eat well and happy Friends! 😊

::Club Member Checklist::

Did you pledge the club anthem today?

Have you talked to other club members?

Did you share something in the forum?

Have you visited other bird coves this week?

Do you make fair or generous trades here?

Have you participated in a game or activity?

Did you welcome a new member to the club?

Have you helped someone out who asked for it?

Did you promote the club for others to join?

Have you contributed to the club newsletter?

Are you active at least 3 times a month?

These are basic things we are looking for when we pick the MOTM Recognition Award each month. We hope you are pleased being in the club and a very sincere thanks to everyone who has made this a lively place to come together.

----

Purpose of Club Newsletter

Our newsletter is provided to you in hopes you will get the most out of being a member at Egg Cave interacting with other members.

Moderators work hard to provide you with fun things to satisfy all bird enthusiasts.

A member can always submit by PM anything they might want added in the newsletter. We encourage all to respect, love and take proper care of all their adopted pets.

This is just another venue to express our dedication to Egg Cave and being a member of the BOAF Club.

Please take note of url changes for our club's website:

Main page and information about the club -
http:://boafclub.net/index.htm

Meet Our Club Moderators -
http://boafclub.net/BOAFMods.html

All newsletters will be updated and published from -
http://boafclub.net/index.html

Everything is explained in great detail about our bird club and what members can do each day as well as what is the tasks for each club moderator.

There is lots of information so you can take your time and read while snacking on something. πŸ˜ƒ

---

That is it for the news!
We hope you will enjoy this April's edition and have a very pleasant month. 😊

Female
679 posts

kschr26 • 21 April 2015 at 7:42 AM

@contests-r-us ok I'm gonna have a go at some of the contests😊 I hope I did okay❀️

Guessing jar contest

@byfelisa

Anthem and motto, I've never really done this so i'm gonna have a go😊

"with every bird is a song, that we egg cavers like to sing along"

I OPEN MY BEAK TO SING OUT LOUD " I'M A BIRD LOVER AND I'M PROUD"