New Cave Limited Beta

in Problems & Bugs

49 posts

ihave2manycats • 27 January 2014 at 5:18 PM

Oh, guess not. I still have the time to next steal showing on the cave?

Female
60 posts

catqeen1234 • 27 January 2014 at 10:45 PM

@Ian Did you get rid of the sidebar link to this topic? Because it's disappeared, and I still have the Beta. Or is the Beta over? :/

Female
10 posts

logan9605 • 28 January 2014 at 7:27 AM

I seem to have one small problem with the Beta...I have to double click (by that I mean that the first click does not always work) on the "Approach the egg", "Steal egg", and "Leave egg" buttons. Please have someone double check this as it may also be my server being slow. Just a heads up in case it is the Cave. Thanks for the wonderful new Cave. I love it.

Female
60 posts

catqeen1234 • 28 January 2014 at 11:41 AM

@logan9605 I think it's just you... I've had to click a couple times in the past, so it's probably just your server being slow.

Female
4,807 posts

karamel • 28 January 2014 at 12:56 PM

@catqeen1234 I don't think the Beta's over, since there hasn't been a blog post about releasing the new Cave. Maybe it was to put more focus on the CSP creature sale? :x

@logan9605 Might just be you; it's working fine for me. I think it's just your internet connection more than anything else, though. D:

Female
31 posts

paddycakes • 28 January 2014 at 1:06 PM

I got a notification about my next cave attempt a few times earlier (when I had other notifications at the same time), but since then, I've had two more cave attempts, with no notification

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 28 January 2014 at 3:55 PM

@arcadiafire @ihave2manycats @karamel @catqeen1234

No. The Cave is still in beta, it's just that the CRW sale has overtaken the sidebar for now.

In terms of the Notification, I've made some fixes. You should be getting those Notifications again. You will only receive this Notification once your instant attempts (10) are all used up. The Notification exists only for your timed interval attempts.

Male
1,393 posts

despair • 28 January 2014 at 4:46 PM

@Ian

So now, you get a notification when you get to go to the cave again? 😃

Female
10 posts

logan9605 • 28 January 2014 at 4:48 PM

Thanks all for double checking for me :-)

Female
372 posts

circus • 28 January 2014 at 10:28 PM

I'm getting notifications about "You have a steal attempt available at the Cave." almost every five minutes.

Is this supposed to happen? I don't like it xD

Edit:

Just got another one. Less than 5 min apart.

Female
60 posts

catqeen1234 • 28 January 2014 at 10:31 PM

@circus Are you closing the notification after it pops up? It could just be refreshing because it sees that you 'didn't see it' because you didn't close it. If that's not the case, then idk what to tell you!

Female
372 posts

circus • 28 January 2014 at 10:31 PM

@catqueen1234

Yes, I'm closing the notifications.

And it's quite annoying ☚ī¸

Edit: aaaand got another one.

63 posts

klemen • 29 January 2014 at 5:20 AM

@Ian

The notification works fine for me but the icon is broken (I get a square). I went to notifications and saw it's supposed to be an egg.

Female
4,807 posts

karamel • 29 January 2014 at 12:35 PM

@Ian I'm receiving the 'next steal attempt' notification on the first new attempt, but I don't receive another notification after that for the next attempts. D:

edit: Ehhh? They seem to be working sporadically; I've just received a notification (for my fifth next attempt, if that helps any).

edit: Nevermind; they seem to be working now. x3

@circus I recall that happening to me, but I can't quite remember if I closed the notification over and over again. :x (I was switching between loads of tabs and they eventually faded.) I'll try checking that out tomorrow/when the notifications start working to see if it's a problem on Egg Cave's end, and not yours. x3

edit: Don't know if it's because Ian twiddled with it, but this problem isn't occuring for me. c:

Female
67 posts

angy-love • 30 January 2014 at 4:42 PM

@Ian

I'm still liking the new cove a lot.

I don't have any bugs except the one karamel mentioned: sometimes I get a notification for a new avaiable steal attempt, and more often I don't get the notification.

The notification is a great idea though, especially during the CSP was it most appreciated ❤ī¸

Female
10 posts

logan9605 • 2 February 2014 at 8:04 AM

@Ian

I just love all that you have done to improve the Cave area. I love that I can just click the egg and it scrolls down (jumps down) for me and all I have to do is confirm and then decide whether to take or leave the egg. ❤ī¸

Female
31 posts

paddycakes • 3 February 2014 at 6:32 AM

I've had 3 "beta" steal attempts at the cave so far today (not counting the initial 10), and only got the notification for one of them, so it's still buggy @Ian

1 post

famelya3045 • 6 February 2014 at 5:32 AM

Hello Ian! I don't really know if I like this new cave or not. But I like how you can see what gender the creature is, and how you can still see your previous attempts. I hope my feedback helped! 😊

Female
2,238 posts

ashlinnhi • 6 February 2014 at 5:55 AM

Hi Ian! 😃 I just logged on and found out that my cave was different! I guess I'm involved in the Beta! There are things I like and things I don't like. I like how you can see what gender the creaure is (sometimes I give the egg a girl name but it turns out to be a boy 😋); although I think the Cave looks a bit strange... maybe you could combine the old cave with the new one? Hope you got some infomation! 😃

Female
4,807 posts

karamel • 6 February 2014 at 10:54 AM

@Ian Yep, notifications are still going wacko. I have a theory that if your last Notification was that you have a new steal attempt, you won't get a notification (for a new steal attempt) until you get a different one (such as a wall post or ping)? That's what I've been observing, anyway. :x

Female
515 posts

squijum01 • 8 February 2014 at 8:05 AM

@ian
Notifications for me are sporadic. After the first 10 I'll get a notification, but most often times I won't.

I'm thinking once we get this bug worked out make the new cave live! You've done an amazing job and whenever I visit the cave via my phone it is sooooo much easier. Thank you for all that you do! 😊

Female
10 posts

logan9605 • 9 March 2014 at 7:40 PM

I am still having no issues with the new cave. Maybe I am just that lucky. I love it by the way. I can't wait to see what other updates are planned in the future.

Female
12 posts

teagan200003 • 10 March 2014 at 3:51 PM

OMG IM PART OF THE NEW CAVE THING! wait maybe its cuz im new....

Female
515 posts

squijum01 • 10 March 2014 at 11:44 PM

@ian
Notifications are still spotty for me. Sometimes they let me know.. sometimes they don't.

Keep up the good work! I know you all are most likely buckling down for St. Patty's Day. 😸

Female
738 posts

dafni • 11 March 2014 at 2:36 AM

@ian

Hi! ^^
I really love the new cave and it works fine, but it's the 3rd time nn egg magically turns into a Mo after being reject or after naming it... Is this regular? xD

It happened just before Christmas with a Kaihon, than in February I found a Wahla and after naming it, it become a Mo, and finally today with a rejected Spidet...

Well, Mos are cute, but this is strange!

Female
12 posts

karisma12 • 2 April 2014 at 9:36 AM

Cool instantly as in every day? ;3