New Cave Limited Beta

in Problems & Bugs

Female
886 posts

katelyn • 16 January 2014 at 5:04 PM

@Ian
Maybe instead of refreshing the page every single time you steal and egg, the black egg with the question mark on it could gradually turn into the egg that you are stealing😊

Female
60 posts

catqeen1234 • 16 January 2014 at 8:01 PM

@katelyn I really like that idea. The only problems I can see with that are

1. How many people are wanting eggs in the Cave itself and/or to be clickable for steals, and

2. It takes 2 minutes for the eggs to 'mysteriously disappear' if the page doesn't refresh, so you'd have to wait for all the eggs to revert back to the black egg...

But I thought that was a really neat idea!

Female
886 posts

katelyn • 17 January 2014 at 9:47 AM

@catqueen1234
Thx!😊 I didn't realize the downside to the idea πŸ˜‰

Male
1,993 posts

Ian • 17 January 2014 at 2:56 PM

Updates!

17 Jan: Released a brand-new version of the beta Cave that requires no page refreshes

Male
4,315 posts

syndrome • 17 January 2014 at 2:58 PM

@ian

Awesome.

>dat canic face

Deleted • 17 January 2014 at 2:59 PM

@Ian

Oh my holy wolf ... that's amazing, great update! ❀️
A lot of people will like it, I'm sure of that. πŸ˜‹

Female
586 posts

nanami • 17 January 2014 at 3:21 PM

the new update is really amazing

but is it normal that if you leave an egg and take it later that the gender change ?

i leave a female creature, as i wanted to steal her later it showed up as a male and then after i stole it, it was female again ^^

i think there was a little bug

but the update itself is really great.

Female
4,807 posts

karamel • 17 January 2014 at 3:24 PM

@Ian You weren't lying! πŸ˜‹ This change is a great work-around for both messy pop-ups and page refreshes. Thanks.

Non-binary
1,362 posts

olimpt • 17 January 2014 at 3:31 PM

I love it! The only thing I noticed is that the page "glitches" a bit when I try to scroll down to get a new egg.

144 posts

rainbowfarts • 17 January 2014 at 3:40 PM

I am not liking the page scrolling after going to steal an egg.
After shrinking the size of the page considerably I was able to comfortably use the cave.
I did however enjoy the previous update since I was able to click really quick and get all 10 eggs in a matter of seconds, then see what I got after.

EDIT: then like a dumb dumb realise that I am on my side... :/
Yay for not signing in to the correct account.

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 17 January 2014 at 3:44 PM

@olimpt I think that happens to update the previously stolen eggs.

15 posts

1nd3x • 17 January 2014 at 3:54 PM

I'm loving the speed and efficiency of the cave 😊
Good job ya'll ❀️

Female
3,810 posts

sparklefox • 17 January 2014 at 3:56 PM

@Ian -
I am LOVING this new Cave. It's quicker, and works great on this tablet. ^-^
I must thank you for this new version of the Cave, Ian! It is just too wonderful for words. I haven't experienced any glitches with it so far. That's great. 😸

Female
85 posts

kitty999 • 17 January 2014 at 4:10 PM

@Ian
I like it ! c:

Female
806 posts

aedia • 17 January 2014 at 4:10 PM

@Ian This is great! Thanks! 😸

Male
1,993 posts

Ian • 17 January 2014 at 4:12 PM

Yayyyyy overall.

@nanami

Genders should not change from what you see when approaching versus adopting. Did the gender switch on you? It's possible I have the icons mixed up again, dangit. πŸ˜‹ Lemme know.

@sparklefox

I'm really glad you're having a faster experience and that your tablet is playing friendly. Just curious... but what tablet are you using? Is it by chance Android based? Thanks much.

@rainbowfarts

Adjusted some settings and scrolling should be playing friendlier now. Please let me know if you notice the change. 😊

Deleted • 17 January 2014 at 4:14 PM

@Ian
Just wanted to say I love the way the new Cave works! It's much easier to use & isn't nearly as time consuming as it was before! The scrolling will take a little bit to get used to but I don't mind it much at all really. Great work Eggcave staff, I'm sure we all appreciate the wonderful new improvements you are bringing to the citizens of Ark! 😊

Male
1,993 posts

Ian • 17 January 2014 at 4:15 PM

@whitescales

Thanks much!

I've improved scrolling a bit and have made it snappier. Let me know if you notice the difference. Should give you more "control" over the window now.

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 17 January 2014 at 4:23 PM

@Ian Like @nanami said, the gender icons switched from female when first stolen than to male in the previously stolen..... Weird...

Deleted • 17 January 2014 at 4:29 PM

@Ian

It does seem a bit faster now. Now it doesn't take forever for the page to read that I'm trying to scroll down either so that's a relief. 😊 Thanks for the change!

Male
1,503 posts

sony • 17 January 2014 at 4:38 PM

@Ian
Woops, it's running so much faster! 8D Which is definitely better! 😸

Thanks you for the improvement.

Female
162 posts

sammiwolf • 17 January 2014 at 4:54 PM

The new speed's nice. I like that much better. I still prefer the old pop-up method however. I'm lazy, and having to scroll down every time I want to attempt to steal another egg is a bit tedious. It'd be nice if when leaving the egg and it returns to the cave, it didn't return to the top of the page, but at the bottom where the actual egg line-up is. My two cents worth. 😊

Thanks for all this hard work at improving the site, by the way. Much appreciated even if we don't all say so like we should. ❀️

Female
5,813 posts

jazzyleia • 17 January 2014 at 4:55 PM

I love the new cave....it doesn't take me to another page for the egg! Enjoying!

Female
17 posts

aya • 17 January 2014 at 5:28 PM

Love the new update!
I got my first Star Creature thanks to all the times I've been checking the cave recently~ (I didn't even know they existed until I saw the little star icon, LOL)

Female
739 posts

frogtoad • 17 January 2014 at 5:28 PM

The cave refreshes really fast now! No more loading for me! Yay! 😊

Female
916 posts

evilyowling • 17 January 2014 at 5:37 PM

I ❀️ the new cave speed. The cave before worked fine but it was pretty slow. Now it's much faster. 😊

Female
3,810 posts

sparklefox • 17 January 2014 at 5:39 PM

@Ian - I'm not too sure, because this is actually my brother's. Mine's, which is broken right now, is an Android. xD
The box has that Android robot thing on it, so, probably... yes.
I'm hopeless when it comes to technology....

2,688 posts

aliney • 17 January 2014 at 6:01 PM

@evilyowling
I like it much better too! 😊

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 17 January 2014 at 6:03 PM

@dragon101 Why did you just type that?

Male
2,330 posts

raitonchidori • 17 January 2014 at 6:18 PM

Thanks @Ian I loved the new update ^^