New Cave Limited Beta

in Problems & Bugs

Deleted • 18 January 2014 at 8:29 AM

@Ian The new version of the Cave is awesome!
I haven't found any problems yet, but I'll contact you if I find some 😸

Deleted • 18 January 2014 at 8:49 AM

Thanks for adding me, whoever it was....
I haven't found any problems yet... 😊
It's perfectly fine for me...

@Ian

Female
63 posts

ladynite • 18 January 2014 at 9:30 AM

MUCH MUCH better without the loading...its..kinda perfect now 😃

Female
203 posts

sophia123 • 18 January 2014 at 9:45 AM

the faster version works fine for me!!! thanky you for that!

but the "problem" with scrolling ... well, it's there

Female
38 posts

jeanne • 18 January 2014 at 9:56 AM

I liked the old cave better it was faster just click steal and if I didnt want the egg click on the page and the pop up was gone I could click steal again and go through the 10 attempts in no time.
The only good thing I have found is the eggs showing at the bottom I have lost 1 egg once because I clicked on the page by mistake but I still rather risk loosing an egg and have it faster.

I read a whole new version should be up today with no reloads necessary .... it wont load at all 😉

Female
203 posts

sophia123 • 18 January 2014 at 10:09 AM

@jeanne i think the pop ups are out of discussion, because they aren't friendly for mobile using...

Female
38 posts

jeanne • 18 January 2014 at 10:23 AM

ah I am old I wouldnt even know how to use the mobile for PC stuff XD but still I cant load the new cave at all today there's just a ringgoing round and round trying to hypnotize me

Female
3,810 posts

sparklefox • 18 January 2014 at 11:25 AM

@Ian - This gender thing is happening to me, too.
I found a male Tasma, and abandoned it. When I clicked it on Previously Found Eggs, it appeared female. ._.
Sorry for the rubbish explanation, but others have described it better than me already. ^-^'

Female
4,807 posts

karamel • 18 January 2014 at 12:31 PM

@Ian Yep, looks like the genders switch round if you leave them and pick them up again. I found a Savarab (female), left it (male), then picked it up (female). x3

Female
65 posts

nanica • 18 January 2014 at 2:57 PM

@Ian

I really like the fact that it doesn't open the eggs to a new page! Makes it truly fast and easy 😊

Female
2,272 posts

sandstorm99 • 18 January 2014 at 4:44 PM

@Ian

When I picked up a Kesko, it was male. Then I left the egg. When I went to pick it up again, it was female. I tried this with some other eggs, and the same thing happened.

Female
215 posts

manadragonmagic • 18 January 2014 at 9:02 PM

The way the cave functions now is absolutely ideal, in my opinion, and once the aforementioned bugs are fixed I think it will be pretty much perfect :] Fantastic job.

49 posts

gatheringrosesinsnow • 18 January 2014 at 10:48 PM

@jeanne that sounds exactly like what I'm been seeing - I have the usual header section(s) and a large ring of non-loadingness on the white background...

@karamel - Hah finally found where the system settings are hiding, looks like we're both actually running XP service pack 3 but she does have FF version 26 on her machine, so again I'm not sure why things are running so slowly for her. It could be something else messed up on her computer but we won't be able to test how it works from the laptop for another day or two yet ☚ī¸

Female
82 posts

arcadiafire • 19 January 2014 at 12:10 AM

I'm not entirely fond of the egg "disappearing" because I was too slow to think up a name for it. Has anyone else encountered this?

Or has this thing simply always been part of the cave? If so, I've never had that problem before until now. o.o

Female
4,807 posts

karamel • 19 January 2014 at 4:10 AM

@gatheringrosesinsnow In that case, you should be able to download FF 26...? Do you have JavaScript enabled? (Check http://www.whatismybrowser.com/) :x

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 19 January 2014 at 8:08 AM

@Ian What is happening!? I found ANOTHER Mo! And this Mo was an Irel in the cave. Last time I found a Mo that was a Vulpselle in the cave. Are Mos hiding as other creatures again?

Female
4,807 posts

karamel • 19 January 2014 at 12:27 PM

Just adding a single cent to say that not /all/ the Cave Monthlies are turning into Mos (in case that was the suspicion); I came across two Irels today, stole them both, and they stayed as Irels (unfortunately--I'd like some Mos too!). D:

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 19 January 2014 at 12:35 PM

@karamel Ya, sometimes I get Mos, and sometimes I get the actual creatures. If you want a Mo, you could have the one that I saw as an Irel.

Female
5,410 posts

Orderedchaos • 19 January 2014 at 12:38 PM

@arcadiafire That's something that has always been apart of the Cave. If you find a creature you really want you can always name it something random and then rename it with a proper name at the Town Hall.

Female
4,807 posts

karamel • 19 January 2014 at 12:39 PM

@spiritkoi Ooh, that's odd. o_O;; Mos may well have some sort of sneaky plan with those Yeeps. 😋 (No thanks, but thanks for the offer~!)

edit: Yet another Irel and no Mo. x3

edit: A Vulpselle; no Mo.

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 19 January 2014 at 12:40 PM

@karamel I wonder if Mos also are turning into commons.

Female
67 posts

angy-love • 19 January 2014 at 1:52 PM

@Ian

Whatever you changed last time, please keep it 😊
The Cave has never been this fast for me. Usually my PC is very slow (and has been today too when I was feeding various eggs) but the loading time for my stealing attemps was close to nothing, it made me quite happy, thanks a lot ❤ī¸

Deleted • 19 January 2014 at 3:03 PM

@Ian
So, I just left an egg. It was a female kesko.
When I went back to get it, it turned male.
Then, when I adopted it, it turned female again.
Very confusing o.o

Female
38 posts

jeanne • 19 January 2014 at 3:09 PM

@Ian 2nd day I still cant get to the cave its not loading an img.
edit: win8 & FF12

Female
4,807 posts

karamel • 19 January 2014 at 3:19 PM

@jeanne Try updating to FF 26? e_e;;

Female
82 posts

arcadiafire • 19 January 2014 at 3:34 PM

@Orderedchaos I gotcha! I was just surprised is all. Haha. Thanks!

Female
343 posts

dragonkeeper • 19 January 2014 at 4:32 PM

I can't wait to see what comes out tomorrow

Female
139 posts

beckyfeng08 • 19 January 2014 at 7:53 PM

@dragonkeeper me too! I want a cool creature.

49 posts

gatheringrosesinsnow • 19 January 2014 at 8:38 PM

Am curious, has anyone gotten a starred creature from the beta cave version yet?

@jeanne @karamel - cave is working beautifully from my laptop - (FF v.18, win7 - I think that one came after the big security risk one), though still not working on PC... I'm hesitant to update it on the PC though because I've had no end of troubles with more recent versions of FF

Aesthetically the 'Next Steal Attempt' seems a bit jarring to me, maybe because it's new, maybe because the ginormous text just seems way out of context with the cave description...

The constant scrolling is of concern to me (repetitve strain injuries) as is the flickering as the page moves back to the cave

@Ian - what about putting the eggs at the top of the cave picture - then we wouldn't need to continually shrink pages/scroll down constantly and still get in our daily spelunking fix?

Another thought, would it be worthwhile making the past attempt eggs mini-style (shrinking down the image by a third or more say) so that it subtly emphasizes the fact that they're discards.

Will be intrigued to see what crops up next though 😃

Female
139 posts

beckyfeng08 • 19 January 2014 at 11:35 PM

cool!😋

Im enjoying so far-ferica
Im on beckys account
😊😋😊😋😊😋😊😋😊😋😊😋