New Cave Limited Beta

in Problems & Bugs

Female
82 posts

arcadiafire • 21 January 2014 at 11:26 AM

@foxette22 It's not necessarily that there aren't enough CRW creatures in the cave, there's just so many other common creature species that are also in the cave, that it's difficult (and frustrating, believe me) to find the egg you really want when all you find are eggs you either don't want or already have about a million copies of.

All I can say is have a little patience. You'll find one eventually. 😊

Deleted • 21 January 2014 at 5:56 PM

@arcadiafire

I got a CRW jellyfish on my 22nd try in the cave today! The pleasure of nabbing one did not negate the annoyance of 38 attempts over 2 days.

I am a patient person - what is needed is determination - AND moar CRW critters! lol

Thanks for your ping 😊

Female
82 posts

arcadiafire • 21 January 2014 at 6:15 PM

@foxette22 Congrats! 😃 I've been trying to find a Neebu all day and have instead found another Auralian. Which is okay. But llamas are cooler than jellyfish in my opinion. Haha

I hope you find lots more CRW creatures!

Female
5,411 posts

Orderedchaos • 21 January 2014 at 6:20 PM

@arcadiafire @foxette22
If the two of you could please take your discussion of CRW and CRW creatures to this topic that would be great. Lets try to keep this on topic with suggestions and bugs about the Cave beta.

Deleted • 21 January 2014 at 6:29 PM

@Orderofchaos

Soz, I looked for a topic before posting here but couldn't see one.

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 21 January 2014 at 6:35 PM

@Ian Just a small suggestion. 😋 After you leave a egg, could the egg you choose before still be selected? ^^

Female
63 posts

ampratt • 21 January 2014 at 6:38 PM

Seems to be working well enough for me. Except not finding any monthlies.

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 21 January 2014 at 7:14 PM

@ampratt Guess the CRW creatures kicked them out? 😋

Female
1,984 posts

marie_lily • 21 January 2014 at 7:29 PM

Wait... Can eggs still randomly disappear if you take too long in naming them? I'm always anxious to think of names when I find LEs, and I was wondering if it's still necessary for the new Beta.

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 21 January 2014 at 7:31 PM

@marie_lily Yes. ☚ī¸

Deleted • 21 January 2014 at 9:34 PM

Is it possible for when we leave an egg it'll automatically scroll down back so you can select a new egg easier?

Gender Fluid
1,101 posts

misty_rose_ • 22 January 2014 at 12:04 AM

I've not found one crw creature yet.. After about 50 tries over two days.

8 posts

coramel • 22 January 2014 at 8:36 AM

@Ian Hmmm, by "the cave being different", you mean the egg cave, where you adopt eggs?
If so, then the differences, is it that I can see the gender of the egg, and have the timer? If so, I think I'm in the beta O_o

Sorry, just have to ask to be comPLETELY sure

Female
4,807 posts

karamel • 22 January 2014 at 10:54 AM

@coramel Yep, that's the beta. c:

@marie_lily As spiritkoi said, yes--but if you think you might take a while, I'd suggest typing a random name full of gibberish, then renaming it at the Town Hall once you've found/thought of a suitable name. 😊

Female
5,411 posts

Orderedchaos • 22 January 2014 at 10:57 AM

@misty_rose_ This topic is not for the discussion of CRW. That should go in this topic.

A reminder to everyone: This topic is for bugs, suggestions, and talk about the Cave Beta, NOT for discussion of Creature Release Week. Lets try not to fill this topic with off-topic chatter.

Female
1,984 posts

marie_lily • 22 January 2014 at 11:07 AM

@karamel

Thanks for informing me.
Yes, that's what I usually do. 😊

8 posts

coramel • 23 January 2014 at 7:24 AM

@Karamel Ah. Then, Yay! 😃

So far, no bugs for me, which is good 😊

Female
23 posts

coconutpopsicles • 23 January 2014 at 3:11 PM

@Ian I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the new cave version, but I was trying to get a Kampos from the cave when it just stopped working. It's just loading and I can't do anything without losing my Kampos (☚ī¸) forever.
Here's a screenshot:
i.imgur.com/Ceo4Ot8.png
Please help!!
This is the only CRW I've found so far, and I'm desparate to keep it!

97 posts

mighty-lair • 23 January 2014 at 4:03 PM

No bugs for me. Love the new countdown to try again.
Awesomeness!

Female
82 posts

arcadiafire • 23 January 2014 at 5:26 PM

I appreciate how the eggs that we choose not to take from the cave hang around longer now, so if we decide to take a species we've seen, we can just click it and not waste time and cave tries looking for the egg again. 😊

570 posts

wolphire • 23 January 2014 at 6:00 PM

@arcadiafire

I've noticed that as well and was wondering if it was a bug, but I guess not, 😊

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 23 January 2014 at 6:05 PM

I wonder how long they will stay there because I stole one like 2 hours ago and it's still there.

Female
82 posts

arcadiafire • 23 January 2014 at 6:18 PM

Well. They're all gone now. xD

Maybe the feature will come back though!

Female
357 posts

giwigirl485 • 23 January 2014 at 6:59 PM

Is it possible to make the egg appear BELOW the select eggs? Or turn off the auto scrolling? Because it makes me dizzy after a while. The auto scroll up when I steal an egg doesnt activate until Ive scrolled down far enough to see the 5 eggs.

Female
849 posts

serpentslide • 23 January 2014 at 9:54 PM

@Ian I really like how it does not reload the page and it is much quicker. Another small thing I noticed is that when you leave and egg and it goes back to the "stealing" page, the page scrolls up, and you have to manually scroll down every time. It is a very minor detail, but can get a bit annoying. 😉

Male
1,610 posts

clayosaurusrex • 24 January 2014 at 8:09 AM

@Ian

It would be GREAT if we got a notification when we get our next steal attempt.

Gender Nonconforming
16 posts

shimmerpuppy16 • 25 January 2014 at 9:15 AM

@Ian

Love how it looks, thanks so much! I am a huge fan of seeing the gender because sometimes I'd give it a girl's name and it was really a boy...

Female
429 posts

elementalpaws • 25 January 2014 at 1:46 PM

My sister is part of the group and we think it's awesome! 😃

Female
139 posts

beckyfeng08 • 25 January 2014 at 3:39 PM

Can you do a new design for the cave? like decorating it with eggs on the side, and not seeing the regular picture people always see?

1,906 posts

jix • 25 January 2014 at 7:42 PM

After coming out of the steal attempt, it'd be nice if the page would jump back down a little so that we wouldn't have to scroll.

Haha, just something for us lazy people. xD