New Cave Limited Beta

in Problems & Bugs

1,696 posts

cookiemonster • 9 January 2014 at 12:34 AM

@Ian

I have a suggestion for how we see the eggs to select in the cave! Maybe you could actually draw the cave with 5 eggs inside (no "?" in the middle of the egg). I think that this would make a special touch to the cave, and make it look more realistic. 😊

And as mentioned earlier, I find the part clicking which egg you want and then "Approach egg" time consuming. I hope you make the egg a link itself! 😃

Also, the popup window that was used before wasn't so good for mobile devices, cause if I tried to take a name that I didn't know was already taken, it wouldn't let me scroll down to change the name! ☚ī¸ So thank you so much for changing that, as well as adding the feature where we can try to steal eggs again, that we left. 😸

Thanks so much for all the work you do! ❤ī¸

281 posts

dugarjzlafreohr • 9 January 2014 at 3:26 AM

@karamel

I guess I wasn't all that clear in explaining XD I meant more that the eggs would be visible in the cave. Like the bright color of the egg against the dark color of the rocks would be really simple to see. And that you'd just need to look for that.

Female
42 posts

fyrekytten • 9 January 2014 at 8:25 AM

@Ian I like this its nice, a suggestion might be a preference to have your own eggs brought up. I do not like having more then one creature for instance and its nice to have a quick refrence of the eggs I already have caught.

Female
4,807 posts

karamel • 9 January 2014 at 11:58 AM

@dugarjzlafreohr Ooh, okay. I'll sit on the fence for now. x3
(And apologies; I envisioned your suggestion to be something like hovering over a particular spot and then an egg would sort of be highlighted. ><;; )

@ugena I've seen both an Irel and a Vulpselle in the Cave (and they're namely KDIrel2 and KDVulpselle2), so I don't think it's related to the beta. Good luck finding an Irel, though! 😊

@catqeen1234 I wouldn't make the eggs look /exactly/ like one egg (e.g. the Honk). Similar, yes; exactly, no; it could confuse people--"omg honkocalypse!!!!!!!!!" 😋

And I agree with @mairbear on the text on the top banner. I /much/ prefer the text to be black on white. Also, the "Do not visit from side accounts" message could be bolded for emphasis?

Male
32 posts

monster_ruler2015 • 9 January 2014 at 1:16 PM

you guys should make this current cave beta the permanent version of the cave

Female
5,411 posts

Orderedchaos • 9 January 2014 at 1:17 PM

@monster_ruler2015 That's why its in beta right now. We need to test things and work out any bugs before the new cave goes live to the whole site. 😊

Male
32 posts

monster_ruler2015 • 9 January 2014 at 1:18 PM

@Orderedchaos awesome : D

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 9 January 2014 at 4:39 PM

@Orderedchaos @Ian The eggs on the regular page of the Cave are shown as HONKS!!!!! 😱 WHAT"S HAPPENING!!!

Male
1,994 posts

Ian • 9 January 2014 at 6:09 PM

@spiritkoi

Just tried it out for a couple of minutes. Will probably keep the ? eggs for nostalgia's sake, until something else can be changed.

We're really liking the idea of having a Cave image with eggs in them, hovering and clicking eggs to find them. Trying to work out something...

Female
82 posts

arcadiafire • 9 January 2014 at 6:09 PM

Aw, the timer beneath the notice of however many steal attempts one has had today is gone.

I liked it; it was very useful and let me know precisely when I could try to steal another egg without having to refresh the page. I hope it won't be missing for long.

Female
60 posts

catqeen1234 • 9 January 2014 at 6:13 PM

@arcadiafire I think it was just a temporary glitch while they were working on stuff 😊 Mine was gone too but it's back now. If yours isn't, you can try to approach the egg and it'll tell you on the next page your time.

Female
82 posts

arcadiafire • 9 January 2014 at 6:16 PM

@catqueen1234
I'm getting it, it's just appearing after I click the egg, and it only appears as the number remaining, not a countdown like I was referring to previously. Which is fine! I can deal with both. 😊

Female
60 posts

catqeen1234 • 9 January 2014 at 6:18 PM

@arcadiafire Hmm I just checked mine and I have the countdown... Idk maybe the Staff fixed it already lol.

And... -cough- no 'u' in 'qeen' 😊

EDIT

Oh, wait, I see... It's on the Cave page that the countdown shows up and the second page, after clicking, that is just the time remaining. Gotcha!

Female
82 posts

arcadiafire • 9 January 2014 at 6:30 PM

@catqeen

My bad. xD I guess I was typing so fast, I automatically added a u without really looking.

Yeah, it just surprised me. But like i said! I'm good with either. 😊

Edit: Nevermind! The countdown is back on the cave page. Yay!

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 9 January 2014 at 6:49 PM

@Ian Oh, okay.

178 posts

koimeteria • 9 January 2014 at 10:21 PM

I love that the "Do not visit from side accounts" is right by the eggs. I'm more inclined to notice it and think twice about which account I'm on.

63 posts

klemen • 10 January 2014 at 3:02 PM

I only just tested it and everything works fine. And the changes are great. Gender showing is awesome!

Female
215 posts

manadragonmagic • 10 January 2014 at 3:42 PM

I'm only getting to this today, but I wanted to say that I really like it. It's pretty and functional, and I love the new features. Good job and thank you!

Female
2,210 posts

barbyka • 10 January 2014 at 4:04 PM

I usually do all the attempts on the same egg so I don't like that I have to click the egg every time. But that's just me, the majority probably changes eggs with each attempt 😊

I miss the pop-up window when you picked the egg. The page takes a while to load. I saw a lot of topics when players lost good eggs because they closed the pop-up too soon. It happened to me on several occasions. But if we could go back to the egg, then I wish that the pop-up would be back.

Other then that, the changes are great and I'm sure we'll all get used to the changes without a problem 😃

Male
1,994 posts

Ian • 10 January 2014 at 4:07 PM

Thanks for the suggestions guys. We're looking at different ways to speed up the pace of the new Cave, without using those pop ups, which were very unreliable.

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 10 January 2014 at 5:16 PM

@Ian But if you have the chance to get an egg previously stolen, doesn't that counter the pop ups?

1,019 posts

monchhichi01 • 10 January 2014 at 6:13 PM

I like it!!!
The only thing I am kinda iffy on is how it redirects you to a different page while stealing eggs at the cave. I think I liked the pop up more. Other than that I like it!!!

Female
151 posts

dragongirl02 • 10 January 2014 at 6:31 PM

I did not like to pop up for the cave. Plus I've started to do the cave on my smart phone as well.

However one day while I was on my laptop, I saw an egg but could not think of a good name. So I wanted to search for one and attempted to click on another tab. Oops missed and clicked on a white part of the caves page instead. Result bye-bye pop-up thus the egg I wanted was lost.

For Event "games" pop-up are okay.

Also would their be a way to make it so the approach egg thing was "grayed out", unless a radio button clicked on? I tend to accidentally click on it when I'm looking at the timer.

Female
4,807 posts

karamel • 11 January 2014 at 5:42 AM

@spiritkoi Not really, because pop-ups were pretty unfriendly with mobile browsers. :x

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 11 January 2014 at 7:31 AM

@karamel I know, on my iPod they would keep moving...

135 posts

ladynymeria • 11 January 2014 at 11:14 AM

I am really loving the ability to see gender before adoption! I'm not so sure about how more cave attempts would affect the site, but I'm happy with it.

1,696 posts

cookiemonster • 11 January 2014 at 3:42 PM

@karamel @spiritkoi

Ya, when I went on my mobile device, the pop ups kept moving, and if I tried to get a name that I didn't know was already taken, it wouldn't let me scroll down to take a different name! ☚ī¸

2,688 posts

aliney • 11 January 2014 at 11:17 PM

@cookiemonster
Yeah this way is much better! 😊

1,696 posts

cookiemonster • 11 January 2014 at 11:19 PM

@aliney
Ikr?! 😃

2,688 posts

aliney • 11 January 2014 at 11:24 PM

@cookiemonster
Im happy they changed it finally. It been like this for like years!