New Cave Limited Beta

in Problems & Bugs

Female
849 posts

serpentslide • 6 January 2014 at 4:15 PM

I don't really like how it has to refresh and go to a new page every time you want to approach an egg. It takes more time. However, I like the fact that you know the gender before you choose to steal an egg. My favourite part is how you can take previously approached eggs. I am always accidentally "rejecting" the eggs I want.

Female
1,668 posts

musicgurl333 • 6 January 2014 at 4:33 PM

I was going to post my thoughts, but I saw on the first page that @marie_lily already said literally everything I was going to say, so I'll just second that. 😊

Female
886 posts

katelyn • 6 January 2014 at 6:18 PM

@Ian
It would be nice if you could turn on or off the script under the eggs, just if you want to😊

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 6 January 2014 at 6:22 PM

Nothing bad so far....

208 posts

hathor89 • 7 January 2014 at 9:44 AM

@Ian I like the new cave. But how about a message when one can get back into the cave? That'd be awesome. I'm not very good at memorizing times. πŸ˜ƒ

Female
488 posts

flashbunny • 7 January 2014 at 10:28 AM

@orderedchaos

Hm, seems a bit shorter - at leats, did for me yesterday.
And i know that the feature was not a part of Egg Cave before this.. I am confused, why are you mentioning this? ^-^''

I just suggested that it would be more convenient for the eggs to stay there for a bit longer. Fine by me, if they don't.

Though, yesterday my last eggs disappeared when i was at my 4th egg or so.. that's why i brought it up, since it seemed to be such a short amount of time.

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 7 January 2014 at 10:33 AM

@flashbunny I bring it up because before the beta there was a set amount of time you could leave the pop up with an egg open before the egg would disappear and become unavailable. The current time that egg stick around is based on that.

But that doesn't mean that the time couldn't be made longer. I was just explaining why the time that eggs stick around is currently what it is.

Female
10 posts

blondybluys • 7 January 2014 at 11:30 AM

Ian i am liking it so far. i see if it is a male or female but dont see where i change it from male to female or vice versa. i run google chrome.

Female
4,807 posts

karamel • 7 January 2014 at 11:43 AM

@blondybluys Do you mean that you can't see /how/ to change the gender of the egg? e_e;;

Female
1,783 posts

borgore • 7 January 2014 at 11:52 AM

@Ian

I don't know if it's just me but whenever I go to steal an egg and the name is taken the error message in the red box appears twice. πŸ˜‹

2,056 posts

purrclan • 7 January 2014 at 11:54 AM

@blondybluys
You can't change it, unless you want to spend CC.

@borgore
Me too! @Ian

Female
1,783 posts

borgore • 7 January 2014 at 11:54 AM

@purrclan

Ah poop I just edited my post, I'll change it back. πŸ˜‹

I logged in and out and tried again and it's gone for now, it does keep reoccuring though

Female
408 posts

izziedragon • 7 January 2014 at 1:22 PM

Me likey! 😊

Deleted • 7 January 2014 at 4:03 PM

So far I like the new beta cave. I like how you're not just limited to ten a day but can keep trying afterwards.

Makes it more fun this way. Thanks for the changes.

1,199 posts

glazzie • 7 January 2014 at 4:06 PM

I'm down for the beta.
Though it doesn't work fast, that is primarily the fault of my laptop.

So far, I'll call it 50/50 on the new changes for 2014.
Looking forward to more.

❀️

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 7 January 2014 at 4:08 PM

7 Jan: Improved the clock accuracy for next steal attempt time
7 Jan: The Cave's "next steal attempt" time calculation now factors in the midnight reset
7 Jan: Fixed a bug that occurred when you attempted to use an already-taken creature name
7 Jan: Re-enforced the 14 character limit for creature names
7 Jan: UI changes, so you don't have to scroll as much

@spiritkoi you have to click the previously stolen egg (go to the "naming" page) to view it's gender again.

@cnm0604 thanks for pointing out this database error. This has been fixed. In terms of multiple attempts (where clicking the Approach button does nothing), always refresh and double-check the Previously Viewed Eggs section to see if the request actually went through. You'll see the egg there if it wasn't responsive.

@cosmicbrambleclaw always refresh whenever you're seeing weird times.

In terms of extra page loads to view your creatures, we want to ensure that the Cave works nicely with mobile devices. The Javascript pop ups that we used in the old Cave were very unfriendly with mobile devices and would always pass out of view. Like others have said, you could accidentally click outside of the box and lose the attempt altogether. Now you're viewing physical pages instead of a finicky Javascript box. We think that this is the best choice for our users and the best choice for cross-browser compatibility.

Post and ping back (@Ian) what you think of the UI changes. Less scrolling required now. 😊

Female
879 posts

liza200aa • 7 January 2014 at 4:09 PM

Whoa, something else just happened to the cave. It's layout changed again. I don't like it. :/

Female
246 posts

lady_kassandra • 7 January 2014 at 4:14 PM

that new version of the Cave seems to work really fast for me)
though i still miss a little pop-up windows (=

Female
1,783 posts

borgore • 7 January 2014 at 4:14 PM

The newer cave design looks like it's too small, like it doesn't fill the whole page because the eggs have now been overlayed it, just my opinion. πŸ˜‹

Sometimes when being redirected the page stays blank and only an advert is shown for me

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 7 January 2014 at 4:14 PM

@Ian Okay-dokey! πŸ˜‹

Female
67 posts

angy-love • 7 January 2014 at 4:17 PM

@katelyn

That's a brilliant idea, since some users seem to be annoyed with the description and others (like me) actually loved it.

Female
11 posts

thefirepixie88867 • 7 January 2014 at 4:17 PM

I'm liking it so far. 😊 But I have a problem with redirecting to another page thing and I miss it popping up. :/ Overall the timed intervals are awesome and the previously found eggs.😊

Female
4 posts

dragon101 • 7 January 2014 at 4:19 PM

hey ppl my dog is nuts

Female
2,920 posts

mairbear • 7 January 2014 at 4:20 PM

Ooh I like the way it looks now 😊

2,688 posts

aliney • 7 January 2014 at 4:21 PM

I agree with @hathor89! Maybe a small notification telling you that you have another cave attempt.

I also don't like how it refreshes every single time when you find a creature. It doesnt bug me that much its just that it takes longer.

Female
80 posts

wildhorse32 • 7 January 2014 at 4:31 PM

Like this way allot more, although the other way in a way was much faster πŸ˜‰
But my BF, every time I by mistake passed up a would be agree it was dumb and should be able to go back.
I've over time by mistake passed 2-3 stars, and couple of Mo's and such.

But with it being this way it's much easier 😊

Female
1,265 posts

bluenatty • 7 January 2014 at 4:41 PM

I'm not really liking how the eggs are now on top of the Cave art. It's kind of awkward looking and bugs me a little. I guess I'll just have to get used to it though πŸ˜‹

Female
65 posts

nanica • 7 January 2014 at 4:49 PM

Yesterday I said I liked the new cave, but after today's modifications I must say that it didn't get any better... It still opens the new egg to a new page. When I don't want it, need to get back to the one before and scroll down the page. What I'm saying is that it takes more time that it use to take.

Female
879 posts

liza200aa • 7 January 2014 at 4:51 PM

I'm okay with the eggs on the cave art, I just really dislike the transparent-ish white thing behind them, and the 'approach egg' button. Also, I'd like to see the cave art larger.

2 posts

flamewing9853 • 7 January 2014 at 4:52 PM

@Ian I love the new cave especially the previously found eggs feature, it's very useful ^^