in Problems & Bugs

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 5 January 2014 at 2:22 PM

@clayosaurusrex Hmmm, that makes sense.

Female
203 posts

sophia123 • 5 January 2014 at 3:19 PM

@clayosaurusrex well, nice description... but the eggs are not shown very long... i don't know if the time would be enough for your example O.o

537 posts

rainbowrocks • 5 January 2014 at 4:14 PM

@Ian I like the new cave! The Previously Found Eggs is great... I always click out of LE's 😋 Cant wait to explore it more!

Female
2 posts

k8tlyn • 5 January 2014 at 4:28 PM

I like the new cave! 😊

Female
28 posts

azkitty • 5 January 2014 at 4:35 PM

@katelyn

the scripts were picked randomly and had nothing to do with the eggs inside. One of the scripts I found yesterday said stuff about a sparktail being fluffy! Umm... not so much, I sparktail is a fish, isn't it?

Deleted • 5 January 2014 at 5:17 PM

@Ian I love the new cave 😃

But would you be able to put some text saying how many attempts we are able to have, eg: You have 1 attempt to use (or something like that)?

I got a little confused when the cave said "11 attempts today" - at first I thought it meant that I had 11 attempts I could use, not that I'd already attempted to get 11 eggs

It's really a minor thing, but the rest of the cave is great 😃

Female
25 posts

talyn • 5 January 2014 at 5:19 PM

When do the 10 cave attempts reset?

Female
2,350 posts

takaedakumi • 5 January 2014 at 5:31 PM

It's about time the genders showed before we picked up the egg, lol. I love this new Cave~

Deleted • 5 January 2014 at 5:46 PM

Where did the scripts go? I don't see them anymore. 😋

Female
198 posts

alliainen • 5 January 2014 at 6:47 PM

@Ian

Wow, I was so glad to find I'm part of beta group 😊
I like the new version very much, especially that the gender is shown 😃
Also the possibility to go back to previous eggs is so good!
Very good indeed.
Will enjoy using it!

Female
9,796 posts

chapus • 5 January 2014 at 6:50 PM

@Ian Wow, you guys did such a great job with the Cave! 😱 But I'm curious, how were the beta testers chosen? o3o

42 posts

ruse • 5 January 2014 at 7:44 PM

I agree with the whole new page. I really quite like the old pop-up that the old cave had.

Other than that, I really do like the beta!

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 5 January 2014 at 8:38 PM

@ian

Hmmm... I prefer the old one even though there were some problems.

But getting to see the gender is great but having it come out on a new webpage for all ten is tedious and long for those who don't have the best internet

Maybe have the pop-up with the creature type and gender and if we choose to keep it, the egg then goes to a new webpage?

Being able to get the eggs if something goes wrong is also good

Female
74 posts

cnm0604 • 5 January 2014 at 8:38 PM

I got a Tasma. It said: "A database error has occured. No need to tell the staff, they have been notified." But I went back, adopted it again, and it said I was too slow!!! I had it, but then an error occured!!!
Browser: Chrome
I tried to take the egg.
It popped up with that.
I'm in the new beta cave thing. Does that have anything to do with it?

Deleted • 5 January 2014 at 9:09 PM

I stole another egg after my first ten and I only had to wait 14 minutes so I think the time for how long you have to wait is just pure randome but maby stays within the teens and below 50min??

Female
162 posts

sammiwolf • 5 January 2014 at 10:20 PM

Ok, I just ran through my 10 attempts for the day. It is now 10:18 PM EST. Under the message saying I've made 10 attempts for the day, there is another that says my next attempt is in 20 minutes. Now, as I assume that countdown is to midnight which would be when my steal attempts would reset for a new day. As such, your clock is off in the cave. I hadn't noticed my last time if it was like that.

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 5 January 2014 at 10:23 PM

@sammiwolf Its not counting down to midnight, its counting down to your next steal attempt. After using your 10 tries you get one additional attempt every 15-30ish minutes after that.

Female
162 posts

sammiwolf • 5 January 2014 at 10:25 PM

@Orderedchaos Ah, I see. That's new. And lovely considering how much the cave hates me. Still waiting to get one of the new critters. :/

Female
7 posts

sheriziya • 6 January 2014 at 5:05 AM

So far I like it! Especially the fact that I can see the gender before I have to give the egg a name. Now I won't give it a female name while it's male and vice versa 😊

49 posts

ihave2manycats • 6 January 2014 at 6:26 AM

@Ian I love the new cave!! The previous creature feature is great! I'm not having any major issues with the new page display and I'm only able to access the site by iPhone. Also the gender thing isn't an issue for me either. It's not like we can breed them or anything.

I really like the fact we have more than ten attempts now too. (At least in Beta. ) It used to be really frustrating to log in and see. "Cave attemps reset." I always felt cheated by not getting those extra ten attemps.

Male
193 posts

cosmicbrambleclaw • 6 January 2014 at 10:23 AM

@Ian erm, I was just at the cave and stole a egg, and I noticed when I got back to the cave it said my next attempt was in 2206 minutes and however many seconds, is that just a scripting error?

Female
74 posts

cnm0604 • 6 January 2014 at 11:00 AM

@Ian
I clicked the "Approach egg" and nothing showed up. So I clicked it again. It showed up, but it says I used another attempt.

Female
488 posts

flashbunny • 6 January 2014 at 1:50 PM

Oh, also posting this, that i noticed the Previously Found Eggs disappear quite fast. Wouldn't it be more convenient to have them there for a day? Like, thre last 10 or how many does it show at once. 😊

Though, i wouldn't side with the idea of being able to steal the eggs later, that you already found earlier but didn't take. It kind of.. idk, takes a lot away from trading in my opinion, and makes it a bit too easy - no? x-x

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 6 January 2014 at 2:09 PM

@flashbunny The Previously Found eggs stick around for the same amount of time that eggs do until they "mysteriously disappear", just like it says on the page were you can name your egg. This is actually something that has been apart of Egg Cave for years, but due to the fact that most people would go through their cave tries rather quickly (and you couldn't go back to previous eggs) was something that wasn't noticed a lot or well known.

Female
148 posts

ugena • 6 January 2014 at 2:10 PM

I found it really great. Everything is going well with the beta. It is good that you removed the description cause the description gave no hint about what species the creature are. I like that we can make more attempts to steal a creature's egg.
Good job!

Female
373 posts

arvak • 6 January 2014 at 2:52 PM

So far so good with the beta cave. Like others have said, being able to view past eggs is a great feature. I haven't had any issues using it so far.

Female
4,807 posts

karamel • 6 January 2014 at 3:03 PM

@cosmicbrambleclaw Is this still showing? If so, have you tried clearing your cache and cookies? (http://kb.iu.edu/data/ahic.html)

Male
193 posts

cosmicbrambleclaw • 6 January 2014 at 3:06 PM

@karamel its fixed now, I think it was just a script fluke

Female
65 posts

nanica • 6 January 2014 at 3:20 PM

I like how the cave is now! The fact that I can see the gender is brilliant and also the fact that it shows how long I have to wait until I can try to find eggs again 😊

However, I did like the pop-up window more than how it know always opens the egg on it's own page and then goes back to the cave...

85 posts

starly • 6 January 2014 at 4:00 PM

I absolutely love how the cave is right now. Especially the previous eggs, i accidentally clicked out of one and could go right back to get it!