New Cave Limited Beta

in Problems & Bugs

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 4 January 2014 at 3:29 PM

still the same feeling - rid cave of descriptions. it's noisy and pointless. keep it clean and fresh looking

149 posts

tomoaki • 4 January 2014 at 3:33 PM

I'm not an active member for a long time, but I love that now you can adopt more than 10 eggs a day *_*
For me that's the best thing of the new cave!

Female
17 posts

nexu • 4 January 2014 at 4:33 PM

The "Next Steal Attempt" is a great idea, I love it ^^

Female
74 posts

cnm0604 • 4 January 2014 at 4:46 PM

@Ian
The eggs descriptions don't stay the same match. Like, "Amazing!" has many different creatures linked to it. And when you choose a name that is already taken, two red boxes pop up. There should be one. The same applies when you put alpha-numeric symbols?

Female
766 posts

lunar • 4 January 2014 at 5:13 PM

Personally I am not a big fan of it.
It seems a bit too cluttered now. The text on the bottom of the eggs are distracting. Its cute when you first start out, but not when you revisit the cave on a daily basis.
And I don't like about the wait time, I think 10 egg picks per day is fine. Just my opinion.

Female
41 posts

ssshelbbyy • 4 January 2014 at 5:14 PM

i really like it!

Female
751 posts

crazy4life • 4 January 2014 at 5:23 PM

@lunar
You might feel differently when your trying to get a creature during CRW or another time when a special creature is only in the cave for a few days and you have terrible luck with your cave tries. I like it, especially with there being so many cave creatures available now and some people picky about gender.

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 4 January 2014 at 5:32 PM

UPDATES

4 Jan: Removed automatic redirect to creature profile upon adoption
4 Jan: Removed egg descriptions
4 Jan: Fixed an error that displayed twice on the page
4 Jan: Updated the "successfully adopted" page, grammar/UI fixes

@newlife could you describe this bug in more detail to me?

@ashfire if your side was selected for beta, but your main wasn't, just be sure that you only visit the Cave from ONE account. don't visit from both.

@raitonchidori it is likely that January's Cave monthlies will indeed retire, per our user's response.

Working on: Notifications when a steal attempt is available again

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 4 January 2014 at 5:35 PM

@Ian Thanks for the update!! Haven't seen any problems...yet...

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 4 January 2014 at 5:37 PM

@Ian
Thanks for the updates 😊

Female
372 posts

circus • 4 January 2014 at 5:39 PM

@Ian That's awesome. Thank you!

Female
173 posts

phoenixfire • 4 January 2014 at 5:41 PM

Nice!

Female
3,808 posts

sparklefox • 4 January 2014 at 5:45 PM

@Ian - Thank you! That's really great. 😸

Female
3,079 posts

jemmie • 4 January 2014 at 5:59 PM

@Ian

Thanks for the fixes!

So...January's cave monthlies will indeed retire? Yay! 😸

Female
1 post

dragongirl212 • 4 January 2014 at 6:09 PM

This is awesome! You can steal more than 10 times!

180 posts

crumbledtower • 4 January 2014 at 6:13 PM

Going pretty smooth for me so far. I like it!

49 posts

ihave2manycats • 4 January 2014 at 6:18 PM

So far, after one session, I've had no problems. The descriptions are cute, not really helpful. Kinda like the asteroid. I do like the changes however!

Female
423 posts

birggitt • 4 January 2014 at 6:24 PM

@Ian
So far, I have zero problems with this fantastic new cave. I didn't have problem with the descriptions, as long as them would help me to choose my egg, which they didn't. Nevertheless, I kinda miss them now 😋

I love that we can see genders, because is easier to pick a name when you know if it's a girl or a boy XD

Thanks for all these improvements ❤️

Female
1,621 posts

solaris • 4 January 2014 at 6:26 PM

Ooo! I like this change! Very neat.

Female
3 posts

blue12346 • 4 January 2014 at 6:43 PM

i think i like the new beta version so far, but will definitely need a few more days to decide.
so far definitely like the previously found eggs update best, also i am glad that the gender bug is fixed 😋

ya for the beta group!!!!

(')>
(<)
LL

Demigirl
104 posts

duskitty • 4 January 2014 at 6:43 PM

@Ian Oh hey, I just realized I was picked. xD I like the new changes, especially the ability to see genders and having more than ten steal attempts per day. ^^ Getting rid of JavaScript popups will be useful for mobile - when I tried to take an egg on mobile, the popup would constantly move about, making it very hard to steal, and if the name had already been taken, I wouldn't be able to select the name text field. =<
Anyways, thank you for all the changes!

Female
3 posts

blue12346 • 4 January 2014 at 6:45 PM

oh! and thanks for all the improvements!!!!

Male
193 posts

cosmicbrambleclaw • 4 January 2014 at 6:53 PM

@crazy4life I agree completely (with you)

@Ian oh, the descrips were taken out XD I was just about to report that, thought my screen was messed up or something. One thing I've forgotten to say in my numerous past posts is that like everyone else, I love the gender feature, its so much easier to name eggs or see if I even want to steal them when I can tell the gender 😊

the descriptions were a bit cumbersome, and a little off but now that they're gone I kinda miss them XD A thought I had is maybe each egg could have its own individual description (I know that might take a while to do, but if you decide to implement this feature Im free to help out 😊 )

Male
2,328 posts

raitonchidori • 4 January 2014 at 6:54 PM

Thanks for the updates @Ian ^^.

Deleted • 4 January 2014 at 7:06 PM

@Ian
i like the new cave although i clicked on a egg that said it was furry and also one that said it was purple but it wasn't so i'm not sure if its meant to trick you or if the egg is supposed to match up with the little definition under the egg?

*Update to post*

thanks for fixing the little discription thing 😊

Female
2,485 posts

yogurt • 4 January 2014 at 7:43 PM

So I already found bug.

The time on the cave page does not match up with the time when you click on it.

I saw there was 30 seconds left until I can get my 12th egg. when that 30 seconds passed it said my next attempt: now. I selected an egg but then it told me I had to wait 20 seconds. the time does not match up.

@Ian

Deleted • 4 January 2014 at 7:45 PM

@Ian

The new look works well. I'm not sure of the need for creature descriptions as the same description applies to more than one creature. You can't be sure of what you're getting - just as if there were no description!

Ty for the creature auctions - adds so much to the site! 😃 Also ty for the extra cave attempts - 10 just isn't enough.

Female
2,916 posts

lily- • 4 January 2014 at 8:04 PM

@Ian
I quite like the new beta version of the cave, especially the feature where it shows you the eggs at the bottom after being clicked. I think the eggs are is better now without the descriptions, though I did find reading them quite fun. Luckily I haven't had any problems yet 😊

Female
260 posts

stormdragonxi • 4 January 2014 at 8:17 PM

@Ian

The new cave is great! More chances to get eggs are great for me, I always have bad luck getting the new cave finds. =^-^=

I liked the descriptions under the eggs though, I kinda thought they were cute, a bit long sometimes, but a cute idea none the less.

Getting to see the gender of the eggs is a great idea too! Now we can name our pets properly! 😃

I look forward to seeing the rest of the changes to come!

101 posts

sweetiebelle12345 • 4 January 2014 at 8:32 PM

@ian

Hehe 😸 I didn't relize I was picked until just now! I tested it out, and it looked so awesome 😃