New Cave Limited Beta

in Problems & Bugs

Female
107 posts

insanegoldfish • 3 January 2014 at 11:46 PM

@Ian glad to be part of the Beta. The descriptions are cute, and add some fun to the game. I also like the pop-up window a lot better because it runs smoother.

2,403 posts

evolutary • 3 January 2014 at 11:56 PM

The new cave looks great and being able to select eggs you didn't pick up before and seeing the gender is quite convenient, as well as extra attempts if you didn't get the egg you wanted yet or needed one to trade with. (Although I did the cave just now and have around 20 minutes left even though there's less time than that until the new day. xD)

The descriptions are interesting but they don't exactly correspond to the creature itself. The reason is probably because you'd be getting the creature you want all the time (and it'd be unfair and possible to hoard LEs) and I don't think it's coded for specific eggs to have a particular description.

The only thing I would prefer from the old version would be the pop-up box since it requires less loading and is faster. (I did miss a Terron, once, though. Dx) It takes a bit more time than the previous one but having it load a new page makes it look more professional despite being less convenient. 😊

Deleted • 3 January 2014 at 11:56 PM

@Ian
Wow o.O So far I like it 😊
Being able to see the genders, the ones that you have previously approached before, and being able to steal again even after you have used your initial ten tries is cool 😊
I think the descriptions on the bottom of each are fun but they don't really describe the mystery egg behind it.

Female
720 posts

kelch1000 • 4 January 2014 at 12:09 AM

This one looks red - Tasma
This one looks red - Snawler

xD

Female
338 posts

love23bug • 4 January 2014 at 12:10 AM

@Ian

I like it so far! Thanks for choosing me to be part of the beta 😊.

Non-binary
3,621 posts

asi • 4 January 2014 at 12:14 AM

@Ian

After trying a name which was unavailable, the red error box came up twice ^^"

Transgender Male
395 posts

houndoom125 • 4 January 2014 at 12:15 AM

Love it!😊 happy I got picked!!! #😊 oh and I had the same problem with the person who wrote before me

Deleted • 4 January 2014 at 12:32 AM

Just how many descriptions are there? xD they're so random

I'm also finding the redirects to 2-3 different pages for just 1 stolen egg to be a bit of a hassle. A pop-up window (like how it is in the regular cave) after you decide to steal/name the egg would make stealing eggs from the cave a lot smoother...

Female
4,327 posts

dada_dragon • 4 January 2014 at 12:40 AM

@Ian I particularly love that I can see the gender before stealing... Then you won't have to worry about naming a female egg 'Steve' or whatever. Lol.

I had the same issue as @asi with the double "this name is taken" message.

Other
3,224 posts

pipkitten • 4 January 2014 at 12:44 AM

@Ian

Small spelling/grammar? mistake- When you steal an egg, it says "Congratulation on your new egg!" Should be "Congratulations" instead of "Congratulation" right?

Suggestion - I'd love if there were an option to not have the page automatically redirect you to your new creature's profile when you steal an egg. Would that be possible? Because the automatic redirect is kind of inconvenient, in my opinion.

Female
107 posts

insanegoldfish • 4 January 2014 at 12:52 AM

@Ian I just had a glitch. I went to steal one egg on my second attempt and it popped up saying I had to wait 30 minutes. I look at the bottom of the cage page and there is ten eggs sitting there that I didn't even click for and my attempts were used. :/

Female
501 posts

saph • 4 January 2014 at 1:07 AM

I definitely think it's a huge leap from the old one. I really like how you can go back to your previously attempted eggs, I at times accidentally clicked outside of the old pop box losing my egg. I for one like the descriptions, even if they are misleading. xD Very lovely job! c:

1,696 posts

cookiemonster • 4 January 2014 at 1:14 AM

@Ian
I also love after you used all of your 10 attempts, how you can go back to the cave after a certain amount of time and steal more creatures! c:

419 posts

mrsgiggles • 4 January 2014 at 1:26 AM

What I like:
- gender is shown along with the egg
- a chance to go back and take the egg we accidentally dumped
- shorter time interval to go egg-hunting again

What I don't like, though:
- this whole process is slower than the old process! 😊
- the descriptions are cute, but kinda pointless after the first few times we've read them.

Overall, I lean more towards liking the new cave, but I won't mind seeing the descriptions go away if this will make the egg-hunting process faster.

281 posts

dugarjzlafreohr • 4 January 2014 at 1:29 AM

@Ian

I like the time delay and additional steal attempts. That's a nice feature, as is being able to see the approached eggs, and the gender.

The descriptions are super awkward, misleading, and don't really add anything, at least in my opinion. If descriptions are desired there should be some sort of pattern. Not necessarily always one description means one thing, but if the egg looks red in the description, you should get a red colored egg, at the very least... Maybe three potential descriptions per egg or something.

Female
203 posts

sophia123 • 4 January 2014 at 2:13 AM

well, the new cave works fine for me and i like the idea of discripions, BUT the description of an egg should match with the egg. i had confusing description-egg-pairs today.
examples: (maybe not exactly word by word!)

# this egg looks like it's from the beach -> marley
# this egg is green -> pyraguin

all other things are great!!!

1,733 posts

sarahzafirah • 4 January 2014 at 2:29 AM

I have realised that the descriptions are very misleading. :/ Sure, they help a little, but I got a Savarab after selecting 'Furry!'

Maybe the description should match with the egg? 😊 It would be very helpful.

@Ian

Female
59 posts

rinoa812 • 4 January 2014 at 2:31 AM

I like it so far and I even like the idea of te descriptions if they are going to be differant for each type of the egg. It seems they are just random right now though. I tried two diferent times to an egg tht said it looks purple and ended up getting two different eggs. Are they going to make it so each creature has its own phrase? Or just leave it random?

Female
344 posts

yileen • 4 January 2014 at 2:38 AM

@Ian Glad to be part of this beta, I like the new page, as well as seeing the eggs I let go to stil adopt them.
Couldn't it be possible to have a page with ALL eggs that have been let go.? Adopting them would count as a cave attempt.
Love seeing the gender before I adopt them, way better to give them a name.

And the extra attempts, is it a perk for being online, or can I save up attempts when I'm at work?

Female
4,150 posts

emo_pattys • 4 January 2014 at 3:32 AM

@Ian I'm happy to be part of it too. I'm loving it! It's really great being able to steal more creatures after some time. This can really help trades and people who didn't get the egg they wanted 😸

Female
4,807 posts

karamel • 4 January 2014 at 3:42 AM

Yay! Looks like I was chosen to test too. c:

A few points:

Like @dugarjzlafreohr said, if the descriptions are just going to be misleading (which they are) and don't add absolutely anything (which they don't), I'd like them to be removed. I do like their suggestion of a few potential descriptions per egg (and possibly even the same description[s] for a few eggs).

Do love the removal of the pop-ups; I think that will help out with the squashing of the infamous Cave bug. πŸ˜‹

And my favourite feature of this is stealing the "Previously Found" eggs. That'll really help when I accidentally click out of the page (although that's less likely now that we don't have those pop-ups). c:

Lastly, like others have said, a notification when you have more steal attemtps would be nice.

@yileen I think the "Next Steal Attempt" will continue to count down regardless of whether you're online or not, but once you've gained more steal attempts, it will stop counting down and you'll have to use all those steal attempts in order to get the countdown again. So, no, I think; you can't save up or hoard steal attempts, but the countdown for when you get more steal attempts will continue to count down. 😊
(I hope that made sense. xD)

Female
344 posts

yileen • 4 January 2014 at 3:53 AM

@karamel it kinda did xD

And a notification would be very nice indeed.

Female
1,070 posts

kiryko • 4 January 2014 at 3:57 AM

@Ian thank you for choosing me as a beta tester😊 I like new cave but some things make me confused.
1.I wonder about time it taken between attempts.After first it was 10 min,after second 20 ,after third 25, after fourth 28...is it tandom or increases or I have a glitch?
2.Could I still hatch Cave Monthlies or only commons could be caught there?
3.I agree about the descriprions -it would be more interesting if they were informative.
4.Isn't gender marking make Venus and Mars stones useless?

Female
4,736 posts

twilight_raptor • 4 January 2014 at 4:10 AM

@Ian all the new features are great except i have one problem: all the page loading is making egg stealing slow :c

Male
2,328 posts

raitonchidori • 4 January 2014 at 4:19 AM

I was choosen for Beta, thank you @Ian πŸ˜ƒ. I didn't find any bug, but I still didn't took any egg at the moment so I'll have to wait more. Anyway I liked the update, but there is a point everybody was talking about and now they will talk more.

Now there are more than 10 attempts, so more chances for getting creatures, good. But about LEs (the cave monthlies, for example), it will reduce their worth so much, and if they don't be retired from the cave, they'll have no worth to reduce at all. I know it's not a topic to talk about it, but @Ian, do you think in a "rethink" about the "no-retire" for the Cave Monthlies? Or they will still remain in the cave?

Female
4,807 posts

karamel • 4 January 2014 at 4:31 AM

@kiryko 1. The time taken between attempts is supposed to increase, I believe. I guess it's just to even out the number of attempts. I'll have to try doing the maths to see the maximum attempts you can make per day with those time limits. xD

2. By "hatch Cave Monthlies" do you mean "have" or "catch"? πŸ˜‹ You can still get cave monthlies, I believe. (Although the recent blog post says that all cave monthlies will stay in the cave forever--so they're not really cave monthlies, just "cave commons released every month".)

4. Well, it doesn't render gender changes /completely/ useless. For one, users might still want to change the genders of creatures that aren't stolen in the Cave (e.g. in the CSP, or received as a result of an event/plot, or traded). For another thing, say you're looking for a female Mo. You haven't seen one for ages, and you finally come across one, but it's male. Do you leave that Mo, or do you steal it? πŸ˜‹ You can then either trade it for a gender-swap (i.e. trade for a female Mo) or buy a gender change. The former is more common, though.

Female
567 posts

iv24 • 4 January 2014 at 4:38 AM

I like the new cave better. The egg descriptions are interesting and the Previously Found Eggs is a great idea. 😊

Female
920 posts

nasyiaxm • 4 January 2014 at 5:02 AM

@Ian
It looks really awesome. Personally, I like the cave better like this. I like it 😊 (a lot πŸ˜‹)

Female
3,808 posts

sparklefox • 4 January 2014 at 5:08 AM

@Ian

"This egg is blue!" = Flor

Yeah, pretty much what the others have said before. The description was something like that, but I can't really remember it much.

Deleted • 4 January 2014 at 5:09 AM

Whoa, I just discovered I got selected as well! ❀️

So far, the new system looks like amazing, and for now I didn't found any problems. Great job, I love the new system (expecially the part in wich you can see the egg's gender before adopting it) ... thank you very much for working on it. ❀️