New Cave Limited Beta

in Problems & Bugs

Male
193 posts

cosmicbrambleclaw • 3 January 2014 at 7:39 PM

@Ian my one issue with this, is as my friend @Immortalraven pointed out to me, that some of the definitions are misleading "This one looks like it came from a icey place" and it turns out to be a kesko, or "this one looks beautiful" and its a meki

I agree with @Misty_Rose_ too, the alert about your next steal would be a nice add on.

Good idea babe @ Misty

@Ian, other than that this is a really nice add on so far. I was actually going to suggest a feature like this in the suggestions forum, but obviously you beat me to it XD One thing I would like to suggest, is that it also be implemented for the Asteroid

Female
720 posts

kelch1000 • 3 January 2014 at 7:43 PM

@Ian

I love the new cave, but the descriptions of the eggs don't match the creature which is very misleading. Other than that, great work!!!! ❤️

Gender Fluid
1,101 posts

misty_rose_ • 3 January 2014 at 7:44 PM

@cosmicbrambleclaw now that I agree with about the asteroid. I noticed the description as well. It's very misleading.

Male
193 posts

cosmicbrambleclaw • 3 January 2014 at 7:46 PM

@misty_rose_ yeah, my new years resolution is to get something from the asteroid XD

I did notice the definitons though, and Raven confirmed that. glad you're on the same page hun

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 3 January 2014 at 7:48 PM

An example of very misleading descriptions is:

At the the sight of this egg you gag, or something like that. It turned outto be a tasma . @Ian

@cosmicbrambleclaw I dont think this should be added to the Asteroid. The Asteroid is more mysterious....

Female
3,164 posts

faybaybay • 3 January 2014 at 7:48 PM

@Orderedchaos Oh alrighty, thanks! just wondering

Male
193 posts

cosmicbrambleclaw • 3 January 2014 at 7:52 PM

@spiritkoi was just a thought, the definitions could be very mysterious too if they were implemented

I think I had a dream once about definitons for the asteroid XD or they were on the asteroid for a brief time

something like "This egg has a weird blue glow" or "This egg floats mysteriously above the ground." and Im pretty sure I saw this once "This egg flickers out and back in occasionally. To another dimension?"

Female
115 posts

kittycools • 3 January 2014 at 8:06 PM

No issues! I love it! Thanks for selecting me 😉 I love the Hints. 😊 Also love the Gender things.

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 3 January 2014 at 8:15 PM

I'm having a little issue, not sure why.
I haven't used any of my cave attempts today, so I went and used one. Then I got that I couldn't get any more for 30 minutes, but I only clicked one egg.
Now I'm left with about 20 minutes left on the clock and 11 steal attempts.

Female
658 posts

yellowgrapefruit • 3 January 2014 at 8:22 PM

@ian

Really liking the new cave!!

Male
32 posts

monster_ruler2015 • 3 January 2014 at 8:23 PM

i'm in beta and i'm new lol awesome : D

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 3 January 2014 at 8:23 PM

@cosmicbrambleclaw Well, Asteroid eggs are given at random and if you find one you dont have the chpoice of rejecting them. I like it just the way it is. A ? Says a lot.^^

Male
193 posts

cosmicbrambleclaw • 3 January 2014 at 8:25 PM

@spiritkoi i didnt mean a reject feature ^^; just definitions

2 posts

faye17 • 3 January 2014 at 8:51 PM

@Ian I love the new cave. It allows me to see the gender before I name the creature and it lets me contiune to look at the eggs I choose to see if I decide I still want them. That is very helpful. And there are lesser times inbetween so I can adopt more eggs. Thank you. I hope this new version stays.

Other
3,224 posts

pipkitten • 3 January 2014 at 8:55 PM

I just happened to wander over to the Cave and found out I'm a chosen one, haha! 😊 I'm really liking the Cave's makeover. The descriptions are a nice addition and being able to get back to previously approached eggs is wonderful! Extra steals are pretty awesome, too.

Female
144 posts

mychelle • 3 January 2014 at 9:04 PM

I found it very amusing that I picked Fuzzy! and got a Pthali. >.> lol

Edit:

This one looks black. (Its a Taigrin...) Very amusing. lol.

Female
5,285 posts

glados • 3 January 2014 at 9:27 PM

Was very surprised when I found I could steal an extra egg today! These timed intervals are looking very nice!
Do the descriptions have anything to do with what cave creature they are, or is it random?

Female
10 posts

absinthyium • 3 January 2014 at 9:30 PM

Hi. I don't like being forced to wait 30 minutes between egg steal attempts because I'd prefer to get my "dailies" completed in a timely manner. Otherwise, I simply won't use that area of the site more than once a day.

In other notes, the rest of the beta layout is nice. 😊

Female
579 posts

snowbunny • 3 January 2014 at 9:39 PM

@Ian I love the idea but should be notifications saying "You can get eggs again!" Thanks for reading c:

EDIT: IMPORTANT NOTE The messages are really off I just clicked on a message that said "This egg looks green." and it gave me a HONK egg???? o.o

Female
287 posts

katrabit • 3 January 2014 at 9:53 PM

@Ian FINALLY!!! I LOVE The Gender idear.

But I hate the wait part.

But it's a great idear. Will be testing it alot. n-n

Female
12 posts

hendrix • 3 January 2014 at 9:57 PM

Yay! I am in the group.

What does it say when you pick up a Tasma?

Female
737 posts

inkpelt • 3 January 2014 at 10:02 PM

@ian

I like the new cave design, but I'm disappointed that the egg descriptions don't match the egg. I think it would be more fun and exciting if the egg at least somewhat matched the description.

Male
335 posts

zorakst • 3 January 2014 at 10:02 PM

I really like the new cave as a whole.

But, I gotta agree on the descriptions being really off.
"This egg looks red." ...and it was a Snawler.

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 3 January 2014 at 10:10 PM

I'd like to see descriptions, gone, period.

Female
77 posts

exo • 3 January 2014 at 10:14 PM

it's BRILLIANT. I'm trying here and it's REALLY cool.
The Cave now is super super super nice~~ ❤️

edit~~
and yes, the descriptions could be right =/ cuz.. idk. maybe everybody will READ the profiles in the creatures while SO MANY don't read profiles (sometimes just to attend the events). it's an idea.

Genderqueer
513 posts

cherryish • 3 January 2014 at 10:15 PM

Look at my status..... yeah. XD

Deleted • 3 January 2014 at 10:30 PM

@Ian

I'm @Starling's Side Account, but I've been chosen for the testing. Am I allowed to test from this account?

Female
372 posts

circus • 3 January 2014 at 10:36 PM

Is there a specific description for each egg? I'm not a fan of having descriptions. Also, like some other users said, I don't like it going to a new page, where before it would just open a box.

Other than that, I love it!

Male
1,503 posts

sony • 3 January 2014 at 11:13 PM

@Ian

Ello Ian~ xD
I'm amazed that I'm one of the beta-testers gahahaha!
And I was like YESH, VICTORY!

Hmm, about the feature, I like the new layout of the page, and the descriptions underneath the egg images make the cave so much more lively!
And I really enjoy the idea of having extra cave attempts at some specific times.

However, I'd rather have pop up adoption boxes, to be honest. The redirecting to another page is kinda slow, I guess!

But, everything's fine, so far! 😸
Thank you so much for making improvements to our beloved Egg Cave page! 8D

Non-binary
3,621 posts

asi • 3 January 2014 at 11:32 PM

I think the descriptions may be supposed to give you a more personal impression about the egg, rather than the species?
@zorakst To use your example, perhaps it was a Snawler egg which looked red when compared to other Snawlers?
That's just the impression I get C'X I rather like how it gives the individual egg a bit of a sense of personality unconnected to the base species traits (: Otherwise, I guess you can just ignore the description, since it doesn't have an actual effect on the outcome? ^^"

It'll definitely be interesting having so many more opportunities to visit the cave per day... It'll be convenient when one needs to snatch another junk egg- which happens to me all the time after searching the cave X3 I don't know whether this will make getting new cave pets a little TOO easy /:

Very happy about the viewing of gender, the chance to grab an egg you previously dismissed, and the eradication of the dastardly pop-up boxes- those were such a pain on my Ipod ^^"