New Cave Limited Beta

in Problems & Bugs

Female
2,174 posts

dream-within-a-dream • 25 January 2014 at 8:50 PM

@Ian Hmm. Well I've been missing some of my times.. Like the next time before another steal.. Maybe for everytime you miss another steal, you still get to steal how much times you missed..

Example: If I miss 5 steals, then the next time I go on there is 5 steals I can do. 😊

Or something like that.. I don't like waiting! 😊 Especially during the week.. 😋 But I don't know.. Just my opinion.

Gender Questioning
2,276 posts

univea • 25 January 2014 at 10:46 PM

@Ian
I'm having problems... when I click the 'Approach Egg' button, nothing happens. EDIT: It's counting it as attempts D: it's say '6 attempts today' but no eggs.
EDIT: I clicked again, then refreshed, and there's one egg, but I can't click it...

Also, maybe there could be a notification when enough time has passed that you can attempt to steal an egg again?

Female
1,668 posts

musicgurl333 • 26 January 2014 at 2:24 AM

@dream-within-a-dream I feel like that would make it too easy. Users would be able to sign on in the morning, get their 10 steals, then sign on again right before the day was over and have DOZENS of steals waiting for them. If everyone took advantage of that, monthly creatures would become practically worthless.

I would kind of like to see a cap on the number of tries you can have per day. So you would still be able to try every 20 minutes, but you could only have a max of 25 tries, or something like that. This month's cave creatures are more common right now than many of the regular cave creatures. I know that will go down when they retire, but still.

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 26 January 2014 at 3:06 AM

I agree with @musicgurl333 .

Female
4,807 posts

karamel • 26 January 2014 at 5:04 AM

@univea What browser are you using? Have you got JavaScript enabled? (Check http://whatismybrowser.com/)

Deleted • 26 January 2014 at 8:46 AM

Well I like the cave so much more on my phone now. (New cave)

Male
1,801 posts

cirrus • 26 January 2014 at 9:45 AM

@Ian

I don't know if this is supposed to happen, but I finally got an Aurelian from the cave, and while I was thinking of what to name it, I had to go do something. So I came back, typed in the name for the creature, and it told me it had disappeared. Are creatures supposed to disappear if you didn't click leave egg, and stayed on the naming screen for a couple minutes without doing anything? I thought that they only disappeared if you clicked leave egg.

Female
4,807 posts

karamel • 26 January 2014 at 10:14 AM

@skittlejg Unfortunately yes; the creatures disappear after a couple of minutes. D:

An easy work-around is to just name it some gibberish and then go to the Town Hall to rename it.

Gender Questioning
2,276 posts

univea • 26 January 2014 at 11:30 AM

@karamel
Google chrome... it won't let me use Java. It crashes.

Female
10 posts

logan9605 • 26 January 2014 at 12:02 PM

I use Google Chrome and I have no trouble with the games, or crashing on other sites. Maybe it is not working with your OS.

@ Ian Still no problems here. I keep checking and it is working fine for me so far. (crossing fingers for luck). :-)

Female
4,807 posts

karamel • 26 January 2014 at 12:05 PM

@univea Java and JavaScript aren't the same, so ignore Java. 😋 Is JavaScript enabled? The new Cave (especially the smooth and quick loading) runs on JavaScript, so if it's disabled, you're in a little bit of a pickle. xD

And are you sure you have the latest version of Chrome? The latest version is 32. (Again, check http://whatismybrowser.com/)

Gender Nonconforming
16 posts

shimmerpuppy16 • 26 January 2014 at 12:34 PM

@musicgurl333

Maybe it should only counts steals if you are online or have a maximum of ten steals at all times

Gender Questioning
2,276 posts

univea • 26 January 2014 at 1:02 PM

@karamel
It's 32. It says JavaScript is enabled, and Java is out of date. When I try to download the newest verion, it doesn't work.

EDIT: Uh, okay, 'download failed'. But now it says everything is up to date, and the cave is still not working.

Female
4,807 posts

karamel • 26 January 2014 at 1:18 PM

@univea Like I said, Java is completely unrelated to JavaScript. 😋

That's odd; are you still experiencing the problem? It might have been a problem on the site's end (maybe there was a little bit of lag or the site was slow). I think Egg Cave's been down a couple of times, and it definitely wasn't a problem on my end because other sites worked fine. :x

Gender Questioning
2,276 posts

univea • 26 January 2014 at 1:28 PM

@karamel
Nevermind. I think it's that virus. It's on different sites too, I can click links and pictures with links but not, like, flash buttons or whatever. Buttond like 'Approach Egg'. And my computer keeps crashing. I'm gonna go get rid of it and see if that's the problem.

(I thought I got rid of that virus, but it was 3 AM and I think I forgot to double-check. The stuff with the clicking seemed related to it. It went away for a while, but then it came back)

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 27 January 2014 at 1:41 PM

@jeanne

I can remove you from beta, but this means that you will be limited to 10 tries per day. Let me know if you'd still like for me to remove you from beta.

Could you go to whatismybrowser.com and send me the diagnostic info from your browser? I'd like to fix the bugs at the Cave so it works for you, if possible.

Java is not required for anything on Egg Cave. Javascript, on the other hand (which is a part of your browser), is. That's why it's important to have an up-to-date browser.

Changelog

27 Jan: Added Notification when you've got another steal attempt

Female
4,807 posts

karamel • 27 January 2014 at 1:49 PM

Oh, yay~! I'm so glad the notification feature has been added. That'll be super useful. Thank you. c:

Male
1,610 posts

clayosaurusrex • 27 January 2014 at 2:08 PM

My idea was added! 😃

Male
660 posts

brad • 27 January 2014 at 2:34 PM

The notification is really nice to have. 😱

Female
4,807 posts

karamel • 27 January 2014 at 2:46 PM

Uh, whoops; I take what I posted back. @Ian The notification didn't appear for me this time round. Or are they going to be put into action when everything resets tomorrow? ><;;

49 posts

ihave2manycats • 27 January 2014 at 3:04 PM

@Ian I like the notification of a steal attempt. I think the random times for steals works too. I'm not finding an over abundance of the new releases except for the ones I already have. It took me over 35 tries to get the Tawny. So I don't think a limit is necessary. Not when I see people who get 3 or 4 new releases out of their 10. How do they do that? Must be some kind of a hack program.

Female
82 posts

arcadiafire • 27 January 2014 at 3:16 PM

@ihave2manycats ^ Or just sheer luck? That's how I've managed to do so well, as well as trading.

On another note, I love the notification for when we get another steal attempt. It'll be easier now to keep track and use cave tries as soon as i get the notification.

An excellent idea to whomever thought of it. 😊

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 27 January 2014 at 3:31 PM

@Ian Love the new update where you can be notified! 😃

@ihave2manycats It's just sheer luck.

Deleted • 27 January 2014 at 4:23 PM

I'm really into this new cave, all the changes made so far seem to have really improved it. I like the steal attempt notification 😊

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 27 January 2014 at 4:47 PM

My idea of notifications have come through 😃
(kind of like the Halloween countdown but for the Cave which was available on each page)

Anything about the notification bar or would that be too challenging for every page?

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 27 January 2014 at 4:58 PM

@Ian Umm, the notification no longer appears for me. I'm confused. Does it only happen once a day?

@mastergemma I like that idea! Just put the thing on the side bar and boom, YAY!

Female
435 posts

itslisaaa • 27 January 2014 at 5:03 PM

@Ian Same thing from spiritkoi, I only got the notification for the new attempt at the Cave once, and after that it stopped giving it to me. I like the idea though!

Female
1,668 posts

musicgurl333 • 27 January 2014 at 5:14 PM

@itslisaaa I'm having the same issue.

I really like the notification idea, though! 😊

49 posts

ihave2manycats • 27 January 2014 at 5:16 PM

Weird, did I get bumped from the Beta testing? ☚ī¸ Or are we out of Beta?

Female
82 posts

arcadiafire • 27 January 2014 at 5:16 PM

Maybe the update caused something to crash so they had to fix it? I'm sure it'll be back soon.