New Cave Limited Beta

in Problems & Bugs

1,733 posts

sarahzafirah • 3 January 2014 at 6:19 PM

@Ian Wow, just realised I was selected to test it! 😃 Yay! It looks really cool. And the additional Cave tries are also convenient for a person like me who happens to try them all at once. 😋

However, since I log on and off sometimes, and notification would be helpful. 😊 Other than that everything seems to be going well!

Female
3,808 posts

sparklefox • 3 January 2014 at 6:22 PM

@Ian - It looks really cool! I can't wait to try it out.

Gender Fluid
1,101 posts

misty_rose_ • 3 January 2014 at 6:22 PM

This is cool. No problems yet for me.

Male
193 posts

cosmicbrambleclaw • 3 January 2014 at 6:24 PM

@Ian I didnt realize until I went in to steal some eggs that I was a beta- it seems Im always picked for beta testing on my sites XD- it looks promising so far (I havent clicked any eggs yet ^^; ) I like how it has the feel of the screen you get when you get your very first egg, describing how the egg looks or makes you feel. I normally just click across all 5, then do it again and take what I want that pops up, but this makes it much easier to choose 😃 and I like the new timed releases over the course of the day

Deleted • 3 January 2014 at 6:28 PM

@Ian Wow, I just realized I was chosen! 😋 It looks wonderful so far. 😊

Female
67 posts

angy-love • 3 January 2014 at 6:29 PM

Thanks for putting me in the beta group 😊

I like the new cave a lot. It's funny with the mysterious description of the eggs.

Female
413 posts

june • 3 January 2014 at 6:32 PM

@Ian
Looks very nice! I love the timed-intervals thing, but instead of 30 minutes (I think that's the interval), I think it should be slightly longer..? Maybe an hour? People could go on crazy egg sprees every 30 minutes. I LOVE the Previously Found section, I seem to love missing out on the LEs and irels and vulpselles and other creatures that I love 😉

Female
1,285 posts

mejary • 3 January 2014 at 6:34 PM

@Ian I'm in the beta test wow! It surprised me a lot, I really like the description of the eggs but they distract me XD I love the previously approached eggs feature ^.^

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 3 January 2014 at 6:34 PM

@lemonade You only get one try every 30 minutes not the full ten tries. So no one will be able to go on a crazy egg spree. 😊

Female
413 posts

june • 3 January 2014 at 6:36 PM

@Orderedchaos
I know that, but if they stayed on for say, 2 hours (that's how long I spend on the computer/Egg Cave), they would have 4 30 minute intervals, so they would get 14 eggs <-- actually a lot. I was really surprised when I could get one more egg today though 😋 I like it!

Female
1,783 posts

borgore • 3 January 2014 at 6:39 PM

Working well so far for me, bit confused that the egg descriptions don't match the egg you click but hey it is random for a reason

Female
916 posts

evilyowling • 3 January 2014 at 6:42 PM

Just gave the new cave a try *Got selected 😃*, works fine right now.

I must say that I really like the interval thing, because sometimes I need an egg for trading EC or something and I couldn't do so till the next day since I always do the cave.

Female
4 posts

lionatheart • 3 January 2014 at 6:45 PM

@ian ooh, the new cave feature is really nice~! i love the descriptions of the eggs.

i didn't see any problems with the new feature.

Female
2,125 posts

xoxo5959 • 3 January 2014 at 6:48 PM

@Ian

I LOVE this new cave! Sometime I just click away from an egg I wanted then I get so upset that I can't get it back ☚ī¸ But YAY now I can X3

I'm also judgey about the gender of the egg since it would randomly choose a male or a female. But YAY I can now see the gender before I choose to steal the egg!

Genderqueer
513 posts

cherryish • 3 January 2014 at 6:52 PM

@Ian

Yay! I am in the group! 😸

I love how neat it looks. I also love how I can see the gender of the creature before stealing it. 😃 I have not had any issues so far, but If I do I will be sure to notify you. 😸

Female
806 posts

aedia • 3 January 2014 at 6:54 PM

@xoxo5959 Yeah I completely agree with you, I really love this new feature, although I'm not sure how accurate the descriptions are, but it's fun trying to guess. 😸

@evilyowling This is a good point you made, sometimes I am badly in need of an extra egg for trading but am completely out, so this works great! If this feature stays I won't need to store the extra eggs anymore for trading. 😊

Male
1,842 posts

harrypotter123698 • 3 January 2014 at 6:55 PM

@Ian

Hey! I just noticed I was picked for beta again! I think the new cave is really nice but I have a suggestion:

What if the cave appeared differently during some months/seasons? Like in Winter the cave would have snow, and in Fall it would have leaves? Or like maybe have a temperature for the cave which increases or decreases your chance of getting certain eggs that can live in a colder or hotter climate.

That was just a quick thought to make the cave more fun.

But thanks for the beta! So far, so great!

Female
3,164 posts

faybaybay • 3 January 2014 at 6:56 PM

Wait with the interval thing, does that mean you can't use all 10 cave attempts at the same time?

Genderqueer
513 posts

cherryish • 3 January 2014 at 6:56 PM

@harrypotter123698 That would be so cool! 😃 I am totally with you on that. 😸

Male
1,842 posts

harrypotter123698 • 3 January 2014 at 6:57 PM

@kittylover2009

Thanks! I thought it would be a cool thing to have! (:

Female
879 posts

liza200aa • 3 January 2014 at 6:58 PM

@Ian
Amazing! 😃 This is just how the cave should be. I haven't found anything wrong yet, though I don't like the descriptions. On some sites, some people memorize which description belongs to which egg and it gives them a unfair advantage. ☚ī¸

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 3 January 2014 at 7:00 PM

@faybaybay No. You get all 10 attempts with no interval between them. Once you use your 10 attempts every 30 min or so you get one more.

Male
6 posts

emperorkuzco • 3 January 2014 at 7:03 PM

@Ian I have been playing around with the new Cave, and I can save with some certainty that this is a good change. I enjoyed the old one with the pop-up because of the lack of needing to reload -- that's probably just my old computer, however.

The descriptions don't really tell me anything about the egg, though this might be fixable (?).

In conclusion -- I think this is a good idea.

Female
864 posts

sprite • 3 January 2014 at 7:03 PM

@Ian

Really liking the previous egg since it's easy to to pass an egg you intended to get.

More attempts will be interesting not sure about it since it's new.

I won't pay attention to the descriptions kind of stick with several patterns 😊

Female
5,813 posts

jazzyleia • 3 January 2014 at 7:04 PM

I think my favorite thing is the little description under the eggs before you take them 😃 Makes me very curious but so far no problems

Female
762 posts

thursdays_dove • 3 January 2014 at 7:09 PM

Interesting new feature! The egg descriptions are going to be something for me to get used to, but I think it's neat at the same time. I'm going to document the descriptions and see which eggs correspond with them (if they even make a difference!) 😋

Deleted • 3 January 2014 at 7:17 PM

i noticed that the time intervals between additional steal attempts is sometimes only 17 minutes long?

Male
1,247 posts

Meteoroid • 3 January 2014 at 7:28 PM

@hybridrainbow
The interval between steal attempts can vary between 17 and 30 minutes, I believe. Something along those lines, at least.

Gender Fluid
1,101 posts

misty_rose_ • 3 January 2014 at 7:30 PM

@hybridrainbow I noticed that as well.

@Ian
might I suggest that there be a notification when you have a new steal attempt? It would be easier on people.

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 3 January 2014 at 7:35 PM

I like the new attempts, but I feel like the descriptions for certain eggs are out of place. 😋