New Cave Limited Beta

in Problems & Bugs

Female
1,070 posts

kiryko • 4 January 2014 at 5:15 AM

@karamel 22 min. that time so it doesnt increase.Look like random for me.

Female
4,807 posts

karamel • 4 January 2014 at 5:36 AM

@kiryko Oh, I just skimmed through this topic and Meteoroid said that the times are between 17 and 30 minutes (or "Something along those lines, at least."). Maybe I was just lucky that mine started with 17 minutes and then increased. e_e;;

Female
1,070 posts

kiryko • 4 January 2014 at 5:40 AM

@karamel 22 min again

Female
34 posts

kawaiiusagi12 • 4 January 2014 at 6:13 AM

I was all like "Woah What the Heck?"
Then realised I was selected for Beta. Very surprising XD

I like the new features 😃

Are the descriptions actually part of the creature or just random? XD

And I don't like when you steal and egg it makes u go onto another page >☚ī¸

Overall, I quite like the new changes X3

Female
31 posts

paddycakes • 4 January 2014 at 6:33 AM

I like the lack of the popup, as I always got in a mess clicking to the side of the box by accident, and closing it 😉

I love the timer to be able to try and nab another egg too 😃

If the descriptions actually matched the egg (even slightly), it'd be even better though 😉

165 posts

cricket • 4 January 2014 at 6:47 AM

There is a slight glitch. When I tried to choose a name for my creature, there were two of those red popups that said that there was already a creature with that name.

Deleted • 4 January 2014 at 6:56 AM

@Ian

Mmmh by the way, I was asking ...
It's really necessary to have the hint text under the eggs? I mean, I clicked on a egg with written under it "Furry" and it ended to be a caiman (which isn't really furry). owo
I think the text can mislead from choosing the egg ... and it doesn't really gives true hints about the creature you're stealing, so maybe it would be better to remove it or change it in a way it can show a true hint about the egg?

I don't know If I explained right, my english is pretty messing. XD

Female
60 posts

darkskyazray • 4 January 2014 at 8:27 AM

Amazing new Cave.
Like: The extra time, no Java - Pop Ups, the gender, if you pick an egg and that you see, what you find, for some minutes.
The only point I don't like is that the description of the egg doesn't match the species in some cases. Like: This one is feathery and it was a Rosse, or another example: This one is blue and I got a Battyrus, which is definitely yellow.
So I think, the descriptions should fit the eggs.
It doesn't have to be one description for each egg, but there could be more possibilities, for example:
A Sparktail could have more than one description, like: This one comes from the sea - or this one is blue.
Also one description could stand for more than one egg, like: this one is blue could be a Sparktail, but also a Nipha or every other blue egg.
So this makes it a little bit easier to get a hint, what egg this could be.
Don't get me wrong - I love the descriptions. They are funny to read. I just think, they should fit the eggs you're going to choose.
Did anyone get what I was trying to say now?!

Female
1,419 posts

emilianagerson • 4 January 2014 at 8:56 AM

wow!! i just opened the egg cave and it was beta, i like the idea of seeing if it's a boy or girl before you get it!

Female
99 posts

kitty • 4 January 2014 at 9:08 AM

I like the fact that we can get one more cave attempt every thirty minutes, its very useful. I also like that the egg opens in a new page. I think the descriptions of the eggs are somewhat useless though. They dont match up with the egg, (I had one description talking about an egg covered in snow, but then it was a Magmish!) and it makes the cave look a bit cluttered. Maybe if the descriptions of eggs correlated with the eggs they were hiding?
Oh, but I also love the fact that you can tell if the egg is a boy or girl beforehand, it makes naming the eggs so much easier!

Female
150 posts

mrs_clarkson • 4 January 2014 at 9:12 AM

Love the Cave Beta! I love how it saves the eggs you leave so you can go back. My computer was always closing the pop ups and I was missing eggs I really wanted. I also like seeing the gender of the eggs. I don't really like the descriptions because they don't match the eggs. Other than that it is pretty awesome! !!

Female
3,079 posts

jemmie • 4 January 2014 at 9:22 AM

@Ian
When you choose a name that is already taken, two red boxes pop up.

I think there should be only one, but correct me if I am wrong.

419 posts

mrsgiggles • 4 January 2014 at 9:26 AM

A simple way to make the descriptions less misleading is to have neutral ones. Eg: "So pretty!", "Pick me!", "This looks interesting!", etc.

Female
3,079 posts

jemmie • 4 January 2014 at 9:30 AM

Also, (forgot to put this) the creature descriptions should match up better with the actual...creatures.

Ex.
This one looks purple!
Creature: Pangolin

Uh...what?

So maybe make them either match up, or if too time consuming, use @mrsgiggles idea?

Female
879 posts

liza200aa • 4 January 2014 at 10:15 AM

This egg is icy cold!

... *click*

You've come upon a Yamamagan egg!

Wait, what? There's definitely a problem with the descriptions. I like mrsgiggles's idea.

Non-binary
1,362 posts

olimpt • 4 January 2014 at 10:17 AM

@jemmie
I agree, I believe the descriptions are choose at random, because two eggs of the same species have different descriptions.

Also, there are a lot of descriptions with a ! after it. Too many of them makes it look overused, they are used to get a point across that something is exciting or shocking. If you overuse that, it dulls the effect down.

Male
122 posts

shadow1597 • 4 January 2014 at 10:17 AM

@Ian
Yay! I just found out I was chosen ^O^ the new cave is really nice! The previously found eggs feature is pretty convenient, I had the habit of clicking out rare eggs >.< and since I use my ipad to go on eggcave i would get a lost link sometimes or the pop-up wouldn't "pop" all in all two thumbs up 😊

Female
73 posts

dragoncrider • 4 January 2014 at 10:39 AM

you should probably link some of the descriptions to some of the creatures so take for example "This one quacks at you."
the egg has a higher chance to be a honk then lower percentage to be a random creature
anyone agree?

423 posts

fizzlefruit • 4 January 2014 at 11:00 AM

@everyone
Yay! I have beta

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 4 January 2014 at 11:01 AM

@dragoncrider I had that and I got a Garguaith..... Weird...

Female
3,079 posts

jemmie • 4 January 2014 at 11:10 AM

We now have just learned that...

Yamamagans are icy cold
Pangolins are purple
Garguaiths quack at you

Yay! -.-

Female
12 posts

jingles • 4 January 2014 at 11:14 AM

The description for an egg said it was green, but it turned out to be a honk egg. The descriptions are kind of misleading. I like the idea that the descriptions should be vague and cover a whole bunch of egg cave creatures.

Female
2,022 posts

budgie • 4 January 2014 at 12:37 PM

@Ian I'm a really big fan of the new cave, though the text below each egg kinda bothers me, I'm not sure why

Female
5,813 posts

jazzyleia • 4 January 2014 at 12:41 PM

Haha yeah the descriptions are kinda misleading but its fun to see what I get but can I maybe either suggest something like each egg had its own couple of descriptions? That would be a lot of work but I still love the randomness

7,923 posts

hayz • 4 January 2014 at 1:19 PM

@Ian To be honest, I kind of liked the Java pop ups, except for the fact that they go away once you click out of the box. I guess I'll put what I felt was better in an adjusted outline format.

I. Previous (Before the beta)

A. Java Pop Ups
- The faded background
- Not actually leaving the page for the Cave- Didn't have to go back reload the page for the Cave if we didn't want the egg.
- Going to a new page for the egg unnecessarily fills up the cache, since the discovered eggs disappears in a while.

B. Not as much activity (words) on the page.
- It seems very distracting, but maybe that's just me.

C. 10 attempts to steal an egg seemed to be just enough, but given the increasing amount of common eggs that can be found in the cave, this new feature (1 more attempt every 30 minutes) may have to stay in order for users to get limited edition eggs.
- So maybe that feature can be changed to appear only when LEs are being given out?

II. Cave Beta

A. The time for this new feature is nice, but maybe you could adjust it so it's not right on the picture.

B. Egg descriptions.
- They'll be very useful for many new users and some older users if they represented the correct eggs, but they make the selecting buttons uneven.
- Maybe it's just me that finds it annoying

C. The previously found eggs is a nice addition, but it doesn't seem necessary.
- Since you can't accidentally "click out" an egg, you can choose whether you want to steal the egg or not on the page of the egg.
- If you want a common egg as a trade fodder, you can always wait 30 minutes for the next attempt.
- If this feature stays, could you possibly adjust this so that each row can only features 5 eggs (starting from left to right) so it matches with the mystery eggs?

D. Genders being able to be seen.
-Thank you

Most of this post feels extremely focused on trivial issues I'm sorry u_u

Thank you for always trying your best to make Eggcave suitable for our tastes, Ian!

Female
74 posts

cnm0604 • 4 January 2014 at 1:34 PM

@Ian
The eggs descriptions don't stay the same match. Like, "Amazing!" has many different creatures linked to it. And when you choose a name that is already taken, two red boxes pop up. There should be one. The same applies when you put alpha-numeric symbols?

Female
127 posts

crazianimul • 4 January 2014 at 1:56 PM

@Ian @Meteoroid

Like others have said

1) Being able to not lose your egg b/c ur hand slipped off the mouse and you lost that 1st Mo you finally got cuz u were too excited (which happened to me) is fantastic, even nicer to show us the eggs and let us click on them if we didn't make a mistake but just decided we need a junk egg to trade with.

2) Being able to try for another egg at different intervals - great! Even if we don't get that new egg we wanted or a rare, we can check the cave for a common when we just need any junk to trade with like i mentioned above.

3) Ok so the new system moves slower, maybe speed it up if u can but if that's just the way it works, we'll take it cuz it's better than losing that Mo you've been trying all year to get from the cave but missed from accidentally clicking out of the popup box.

4) Yeah it seems to be a glitch that the red error for names comes up twice but this is only the Beta so I'm sure they will fix that. It's only a little annoying anyway.

5) Biggest problem: I can't believe so many ppl don't read others comments & can't figure things out themselves. The descriptions are not "KINDA" misleading - they are downright opposite, so therefore they obviously did this on PURPOSE b/c they think it's amusing to prank us. I don't like being pranked and even the very few that thinks this is amusing will think it's getting old after just a few days. The point is to be adding something to the game. If a certain description leads you to a different egg every time but PURPOSELY one that doesn't make sense, then this is just as random as before when it was blank (b/c u still don't know what you are gonna get) only now it's more annoying. And even if you try to ignore it, it is distracting and yes, actually DETRACTS from the game. Please either make the descriptions HELPFUL or just get rid of them & go back to being blank. But PLEASE don't leave it as it is, I hate them & don't think it's cute at all to trick us every time.

Btw I am not saying to give a specific description word for word what it says in the creature profile but simply what you have been giving "This creature is feathery" and actually give me something that makes sense instead of the Pthali it gave me. I thought maybe all this time I had only thought they were scales? So I actually checked the creature profile and nope, I was right they are scales cuz it says they are "scaly". Feathery could be any bird-like creature so it could've been off the top of my head: Mo, Terron or a Honk. So it's not like I would know what it was, just narrows down the possibilities. So instead of tricking us, either actually put one of the ones it's supposed to be, to be somewhat HELPFUL or just get rid of it. I don't care which just please don't leave it like this because I hate it. It also somehow makes the page looks clunky & awkward, probably b/c all the phrases are different lengths and not uniform.

Female
1,265 posts

bluenatty • 4 January 2014 at 2:01 PM

I really like it, except for the descriptions.

The gender icon makes it easier to avoid cave clutter if you're only going to keep a certain gender.

The previously found eggs is great too, I have problems about clicking away too fast before actually reading the names .-.

The descriptions do bug me, and as other people have said, I think that if they're going to be random they should be removed. If the descriptions are random it's pretty much the same as the eggs being random, and it adds pointless clutter.

Well there's my two cents and thanks for choosing me for Beta xD

Female
344 posts

yileen • 4 January 2014 at 2:28 PM

I like the descriptions, it keeps the randomness in the cave 😊

Female
74 posts

cnm0604 • 4 January 2014 at 2:57 PM

@Ian
The eggs descriptions don't stay the same match. Like, "Amazing!" has many different creatures linked to it. And when you choose a name that is already taken, two red boxes pop up. There should be one. The same applies when you put alpha-numeric symbols?