So You Think You Can WRITE?

in General

Deleted • 18 August 2011 at 6:51 AM

@smilies okay, will do!😃

2,403 posts

evolutary • 18 August 2011 at 6:55 AM

@psycho Thank you😊 (for posting so I could)
@demonkitty Next post!
----
'Death is coming', the wind would say to me.

'It always hides in shadows, wearing a large cloak and armed with a scythe, a white face of bone, hiding behind the hood.'

A cloak which wavered in the wind - as if it was made of shadows. A hood which created a black void over its empty, enigma eyes, and a gleaming white skull as its face. A huge, razor-sharp scythe was held in its bone hand, the blade glinting evilly in the moonlight. The Grim Reaper. Everyone is afraid of Death - but what happens after? Relive, rebirth, reincarnate, or an endless sleep of nothingness?

The answer lies unknown to everyone; everyone, except me.
---
More to come!

Deleted • 18 August 2011 at 9:08 AM

@smilies Im at the beach, and There are three lighthouses I have visited, made a very very long time ago, so I want to do my story on them. Its going to be, factual yet short.
~~~~
Long ago, in the middle of time. Sailers and Captins roamed the sea. No way to tell if danger lurked near them. Threats to ships, bringing products, even people. A way to see danger was found. Lighthouses. People built large, tall, strong structures, with stairs leading to a room where an operater turned a light on. The light would circle, warning passing ships if danger was near. Sevral light houses wear built, the Curtuck Beach, Cape Hatteras, Ocracoke Island, Baldhead, Bodie Island, and Cape lookout lighthouses. Each with there own interesting history. For example, the Cape Hatteras lighthouse was built not far from the beach. A wall was built at the oceans water to try and keep the area around the lighthouse from eroding.
~~~~
Bump please?

Female
2,916 posts

lily- • 18 August 2011 at 9:16 AM

bump

Deleted • 18 August 2011 at 9:31 AM

@lily- Thanks!
~~~~
Even though they had put so much thought in this wall it didnt work, the beach around the lighthouse began to erode, creating the possibility of the lighthouse falling. So they began to move Cape Hatteras in 1999. The 4830 ton lighthouse had to be moved 2900 feet away from its true building site. The lighthouse was moved five feet at a time. After five feet they stopped to reposition the lighthouse on the flatbed it way laying on. They finally finished the 2900 foot move. Now in our moderen life time you are allowed to climb sertain lighthouses. You are NOT allowed to climb Ocracoke, but you can climb Curtuck, and Hatteras. I have climbed both. The views are amazing. Some lighthouses are still working, although they have become atomatic. Most people under estimate the impotance of lighthouses even though they were a HUGE importance of safety.

Male
210 posts

eternaleyes • 18 August 2011 at 9:51 AM

The sickle of death!!!!
Once long ago a crystal was found by Matthew Anderson he was a rich 23 year old man who loved journeys. At evening on a rainy day Matthew got on his coat and ran out of his house on Market Street. He found some other shelter where he could look at his map to find where to go. He soon started off and the rain stopped soon after. The night was pitch black and Matthew was lost. The last he saw a sign was 3 miles away, and that was the state border of South Carolina. Soon he was in North Carolina on a beach he suspected. Then in the pitch black a purple crystal appeared out of nowhere glowing in a forest. In the forest Matthew found out that the crystal changed colors after every hour. Because he was following the light for 4 hours until he reached a crater with a crystal in it. Big ants circled around while snakes were guarding it and soon enough Matthew Anderson died. Continued when I finish this book"

Female
277 posts

zhachai • 18 August 2011 at 7:18 PM

@smiles
and now MANY more 😃

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 18 August 2011 at 7:21 PM

@smilies May I join?

Female
2,344 posts

nkiay • 18 August 2011 at 8:24 PM

@smilies

May I join?

Female
102 posts

blaze4ever12 • 18 August 2011 at 9:02 PM

@smilies --;
Can I join? ^^

9,386 posts

smilies • 18 August 2011 at 9:18 PM

@balletninja
@nkiay
@blaze4ever12
Of course! 😃

Deleted • 18 August 2011 at 9:19 PM

@smilies Do you like mine? 😊

9,386 posts

smilies • 18 August 2011 at 9:20 PM

@bluegirl80 Sure! 😊

Deleted • 18 August 2011 at 9:21 PM

@smilies Lol have you read it? xDDDD

9,386 posts

smilies • 18 August 2011 at 9:23 PM

@bluegirl80 Yeah! I've never seen a lighthouse though... O_o

Deleted • 18 August 2011 at 9:25 PM

@smilies I can show you some pictures! 😃

9,386 posts

smilies • 18 August 2011 at 9:26 PM

@bluegirl80 Google for that 😊

Deleted • 18 August 2011 at 9:29 PM

@smilies

Currituck http://lighthouse1998.tripod.com/1cat2con.JPG

Hatteras: http://www.ncbeaches.com/images/lighthouses/CapeHatterasLighthouse.jpg

Ocracoke: http://www.nps.gov/caha/images/ocracoke.jpg

Female
2,344 posts

nkiay • 18 August 2011 at 9:52 PM

A fearsome blizzard whipped through a small town in the Arctic Circle. Mounds of snow piled up against the sides of the small homes, the wind tearing against them. The temperature plummeted far below zero as the storm rolled in. A man was dragging the carcass of an elk through the blinding white to the storage shack. The town elders had told him not to go out; the falling snow often took different shapes in the night. Those were only stories though, stories of the White Death. He did not hear it coming, flying on silent white wings. It?s dagger like claws and teeth, transparent as ice. Moving over the snow like a bird of prey skimming over the water, the White Death located its prey. They say it is a shape shifter, no one really knows its true face. By the time he realized it was upon him, it was too late. Ice shards spewed from its terrible maws, embedding themselves into the man?s flesh with a dull thud. The snow muffled his screams. The beast carried him away leaving only the carcass of the elk and a splash of stained snow, for it craved human flesh. The villagers never heard a sound and all they saw, was falling snow.

Female
307 posts

ayuzawa • 19 August 2011 at 2:00 AM

@smilies

Waa can I enter too?

(Though i'm better at drawing)

2,403 posts

evolutary • 19 August 2011 at 3:48 AM

@demonkitty Last post!
----
No one understands why the Grim Reaper destroys people's lives - they only know how. That is, what they believe kills them. They think that the scythe is aimed at the heart, and with one quick swipe, the person is dead. Only I know the truth. One slash of its scythe and the soul is split in two. Thus, killing the person within.

No one knows why it travels in shadows alone. They think Death is afraid of light. This is not true - its scythe is at the strongest point at night. Light is just a hindrance, all who sees the Reaper cower in fear; this is not needed - Death only kills those who deserve to die. Most die from the sight of its scythe and a hood of void - from fright. This is why it travels at night.

And no one believes the truth. They believe that the Grim Reaper has no heart - and only kills for fun. It has a heart. It is cold, iced and frozen; but a heart nonetheless. Cold from the misery and grief - someone needs to thaw it.

I guess you are wondering how I know so much. That is because I am Death myself. I am the Grim Reaper.

Female
147 posts

roversydneygirl • 19 August 2011 at 8:18 AM

What do write about and where do we right it?

(please ping me with the answer because I haven't subscribed to this topic yet)

Male
4,315 posts

syndrome • 19 August 2011 at 9:27 AM

@smilies You know that I must join, kupo. I will star working on my story in a sec.

Female
2,307 posts

lizardfeather • 19 August 2011 at 9:38 AM

@bluegirl80 NUUUU I'm.... LEARING DX lol

What is dukang2011 talking about 0_0

Male
4,315 posts

syndrome • 19 August 2011 at 9:41 AM

@lizardfeather I dunno, are they advertisements or something @dukang2011

Female
5,410 posts

Orderedchaos • 19 August 2011 at 9:51 AM

@smilies Is there still spaces to join? If there are I'd like to join. 😊

@pirateseaz @lizardfeather Its a spam bot. Best to just report the post as spam and have Ian take care of it.

Female
2,307 posts

lizardfeather • 19 August 2011 at 9:51 AM

@orderedchaos Yep I did, I just said it was suspicious at the least :/

What exactly IS a spam bot 0_0

Female
1,574 posts

isis • 19 August 2011 at 9:53 AM

ENGLISH writing contsts, stop torturing meh D:
cvhnfgjI'mDutchskghsdf

Female
5,410 posts

Orderedchaos • 19 August 2011 at 9:53 AM

@lizardfeather A program that just posts random crap like that, usually with the purpose of trying to sell something or sending you to a site that will steal your personal information (credit card number, SSN, ect.).

Deleted • 19 August 2011 at 10:15 AM

@lizardfeather LMAO! xDDD But they are pretty cool buildings!!