The Thief Shop

in General

Female
513 posts

fjhfjhfjh • 4 September 2018 at 8:18 PM

@newlife

bahahahaha XD

I'd be willing to to use google sheets and have us both work on it to add the info. and we just mark off where we left off recording. I can do all the analysis stuff at the end, its just entering the data that'll kill me...

alternatively we can ping the mods and just ask them what code they used on the TS 😈

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 4 September 2018 at 8:19 PM

Didn't in the beginning when the thief shop opened egg cave said you have a higher chance of getting a real one from a higher priced one than a lower priced one?

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 4 September 2018 at 8:25 PM

@fjhfjhfjh

Yo I'm up for the code 😉

Doing a google sheets would be cool tho, nice to gather info whenever we got time

@immortalraven
From what I could see from the discussions, someone got the first TS creature for ~200k, then someone got a dud for 100k so.. no clue

Neither
1,577 posts

fjhfjh • 4 September 2018 at 8:49 PM

@immortalraven
Hmmm, not sure. I was on hiatus for 2 years when the TS first came out, so... lol not the best person to ask.

@newlife
haha if they won't tell us then we can still do the google sheets 😋 but... here goes to nothing!

@Staff:
@Ian @Meteoroid @Orderedchaos
@zero_chaos @jazzyleia @April__ @mastergemma

After discussing the Thief Shop and the relationship between successful eggs and "duds," we were wondering if you might be so kind as to share with us the code used to generate the eggs or the chance vs price for a successful egg.
Is a <100kec egg just as likely to be successful as a >450kec egg?
Are there more >450kec eggs in the shop than <100kec eggs?
What is the chance behind receiving a refund and its percentage of the price?

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 4 September 2018 at 9:00 PM

@fjhfjh
Sorry, but we're not just going to give out all the secrets of the Thief Shop. 😋 If you want to figure out the percentages of these things you probably have enough data in this topic to get a good approximation.

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 4 September 2018 at 9:15 PM

@fjhfjh

-rubs hands together- let's do it

Neither
1,577 posts

fjhfjh • 4 September 2018 at 9:56 PM

@Orderedchaos

haha okay, thanks anyway!!

@newlife

I'll pm you 😋

Anyone else who wants to help out, please just message @newlife or myself!

Deleted • 5 September 2018 at 9:11 AM

You pay the shopkeeper 589,613 EC and receive your Mystery Egg.

You eagerly wait for this egg to hatch... it begins to crack.

YOU TAKE YOUR MYSTERY EGG SUCCESSFULLY!!! You're overwhelmed with excitement as you gaze upon your brand-new baby egg. You immediately have feelings of love and care for your creature. You notice that it's a Camlette and can't wait for it to grow up.

Yassssss! Twice ina row! This was unexpected tho, I got the other, Kakuoana for 94,000 k.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 5 September 2018 at 10:26 AM

@fjhfjh @newlife I can try to help o.o

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 5 September 2018 at 10:27 AM

@wigglytuff

I'll send ya a PM once I pop onto my computer ^^

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 5 September 2018 at 5:37 PM

@newlife okieeee

Neither
1,577 posts

fjhfjh • 5 September 2018 at 9:18 PM

#iamsobroke lol

You pay the shopkeeper 490,718 EC and receive your Mystery Egg.

A special glow begins to envelope this egg. It appears to be hatching...

The egg continues to rumbles and eventually hatches after more waiting. The creature survives for about 2 minutes but doesn't make it.

You get even angrier and demand your Egg Coins back. The shopkeeper sheepishly agrees but doesn't give you a full refund. Instead he gives you only 98,144 EC. You are still really upset but think that it's better than nothing.

You consider coming back in the future to see if another egg hatches successfully but you have your doubts about this place.

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 6 September 2018 at 12:04 AM

You pay the shopkeeper 26,416 EC and receive your Mystery Egg.

The egg opens. But there's not a creature inside. You ask the shopkeeper what could've happened but he doesn't answer your question.

You consider coming back in the future to see if another egg hatches successfully but you have your doubts about this place.

Female
513 posts

fjhfjhfjh • 6 September 2018 at 7:07 PM

@immortalraven see? 😋 told ya haha

You pay the shopkeeper 94,628 EC and receive your Mystery Egg.

You wait with the shopkeeper for about 3 minutes and hope that the egg hatches because you desperately want to see what the creature might be...

YOU TAKE YOUR MYSTERY EGG SUCCESSFULLY!!! You're overwhelmed with excitement as you gaze upon your brand-new baby egg. You immediately have feelings of love and care for your creature. You notice that it's a Akrep and can't wait for it to grow up.

Woo-hoo!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wow and the TS restocked in less than 6 minutes 0.o

You pay the shopkeeper 10,010 EC and receive your Mystery Egg.

The shopkeeper pulls out a high-powered, red heat lamp and places your mystery egg beneath it. You think it's supposed to help the egg hatch quicker.

The egg continues to rumbles and eventually hatches after more waiting. The creature survives for about 5 minutes but doesn't make it.

You politely ask for your Egg Coins back because the hatching failed. The shopkeeper talks you in circles for a number of minutes and then finally agrees to give you 3,403 EC back. You're still pretty angry but think that it's better than nothing.

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 6 September 2018 at 7:56 PM

@fjhfjhfjh
Nice x'D

I got the Goggy not that long ago but forgot to post.
I usually don't bother posting the fakes anymore though

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 6 September 2018 at 8:21 PM

@immortalraven
Please post the fakes~! It'll help us with our data collection 😊

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 6 September 2018 at 8:40 PM

@newlife
I'll try lol
Though I don't see how it'll effect it too much since ya already have 135 pages of em and I rarely see em anyways x'D But I'll try to remember

Female
2,210 posts

barbyka • 7 September 2018 at 3:36 AM

Zou pay the shopkeeper 537,280 EC and receive your Mystery Egg.

7 minutes pass as you wait for the egg to hatch. It rumbles and shakes a bit...
The egg opens. But there's not a creature inside. You ask the shopkeeper what could've happened but he doesn't answer your question.

At the same time with:

You pay the shopkeeper 10,958 EC and receive your Mystery Egg.

You eagerly wait for the egg to hatch... the egg sits there and then begins to crack.
The egg cracks and appears to hatch... but a slimy, non-living object is located within. It's not a real creature but some weird inanimate object! You feel tricked by the shopkeeper and yell saying, "These eggs are supposed to contain real creatures and not stuffed with random items!"

I was sure the expensive one was real since there were 2 at the same time.

Deleted • 8 September 2018 at 5:40 AM

I thought it was gonna be real 😋
So expensive ☚ī¸

Thief Shop: Reveal Egg

You pay the shopkeeper 478,026 EC and receive your Mystery Egg.

The shopkeeper pulls out a high-powered, red heat lamp and places your mystery egg beneath it. You think it's supposed to help the egg hatch quicker.
You wait a bit longer for the egg to hatch. It opens. Much to your surprise, it appears to be an unfertilized egg. You get upset with the shopkeeper and feel gipped out of the deal.

7 posts

autumnshadow • 8 September 2018 at 5:26 PM

You pay the shopkeeper 122,531 EC and receive your Mystery Egg.

A special glow begins to envelope this egg. It appears to be hatching...

Female
8 posts

duskysoulz • 10 September 2018 at 5:20 AM

You pay the shopkeeper 82,202 EC and receive your Mystery Egg.

11 minutes pass as you wait for the egg to hatch. It rumbles and shakes a bit...
YOU TAKE YOUR MYSTERY EGG SUCCESSFULLY!!! You're overwhelmed with excitement as you gaze upon your brand-new baby egg. You immediately have feelings of love and care for your creature. You notice that it's a Jerob and can't wait for it to grow up.

I'm so happy! quq It's my first egg from the Thief shop too---

Deleted • 10 September 2018 at 9:30 AM

Dang it....
I mean at least it's smthg 😋

You pay the shopkeeper 504,953 EC and receive your Mystery Egg.

YOU TAKE YOUR MYSTERY EGG SUCCESSFULLY!!! You're overwhelmed with excitement as you gaze upon your brand-new baby egg. You immediately have feelings of love and care for your creature. You notice that it's a Tidnab and can't wait for it to grow up.

83 posts

mintyminny98 • 10 September 2018 at 7:25 PM

I'm so sad that was my whole bank account ;-;

You eagerly wait for the egg to hatch... the egg sits there and then begins to crack.
The egg "hatches," only to discover it was a plastic egg covered in black ink. It wasn't a real egg! The shopkeeper doesn't offer an apology after you get really upset with him.

Female
260 posts

sybil_howlett • 11 September 2018 at 2:36 AM

You pay the shopkeeper 80,721 EC and receive your Mystery Egg.

You wait with the shopkeeper for about 15 minutes and hope that the egg hatches because you desperately want to see what the creature might be...

You wait a bit longer for the egg to hatch. It opens. Much to your surprise, it appears to be an unfertilized egg. You get upset with the shopkeeper and feel gipped out of the deal.

You know that the shopkeeper doesn't give refunds after purchase but you demand your Egg Coins back. The shopkeeper doesn't agree to a full refund but gives you 18,566 EC back.

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 11 September 2018 at 11:06 PM

You pay the shopkeeper 590,419 EC and receive your Mystery Egg.

You wait with the shopkeeper for about 7 minutes and hope that the egg hatches because you desperately want to see what the creature might be...

You get even angrier and demand your Egg Coins back. The shopkeeper sheepishly agrees but doesn't give you a full refund. Instead he gives you only 200,742 EC. You are still really upset but think that it's better than nothing.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 12 September 2018 at 12:15 AM

@newlife well, at least that was a nice refund 😋

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 12 September 2018 at 12:23 AM

@wigglytuff

RIP my almost 300k out in limbo lol

Deleted • 12 September 2018 at 8:30 AM

You pay the shopkeeper 22,269 EC and receive your Mystery Egg.

15 minutes pass as you wait for the egg to hatch. It rumbles and shakes a bit...

The egg cracks and appears to hatch... but a slimy, non-living object is located within. It's not a real creature but some weird inanimate object! You feel tricked by the shopkeeper and yell saying, "These eggs are supposed to contain real creatures and not stuffed with random items!"

Female
2,919 posts

mairbear • 13 September 2018 at 12:14 AM

RIP ☚ī¸

You pay the shopkeeper 534,487 EC and receive your Mystery Egg.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 13 September 2018 at 12:55 AM

@mairbear awww... that sucks Dx