✔️ [April]/[Easter] Creature Suggestion - Floralope

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 2 January 2018 at 8:43 PM

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

April is a time of fresh flowers and new growth! And of course Easter! All Arkians enjoy joining the Easter egg hunt with their favorite April creatures; such as the Onny, Flufur and Eyleymo to name a few. All these cuddly creatures love Easter egg hunts, just like the Easter bunny we all know. And it looks like one more rabbit wants to join the fun!

Introducing the Floralope!: 😊
Floralopes are fun-loving, light-spirited creatures who love everything spring! While their fur looks fluffy, it hardly weighs more than a feather, and allows great air flow. The flowers on a Floralope's head actually grow from the creature's antlers, which provide plant life with great nutrition. These flowers spread over a Floralope's body by growing vines, leading many to call the cluster of flowers "Flower Veils". When a Floralope sheds its horns to grow new ones, the flowers fall off, and the antler that has fallen creates a new flower patch. Many gardeners in Ark buy and collect fallen Floralope antlers to place in their gardens to help grow plant life.

Floralope eggs:
Floralope eggs are surrounded by sweet-smelling flowers that grow out of horn that is left with the egg. This horn is one of the Floralope's parent's shed antlers, which, once fallen starts to grow flowers. The parents place the antler with the egg to help disguise the egg's scent from predators.
The fur on a Floralope egg is so soft that many describe petting one is like stroking velvet or air. This "egg pelt" is actually amazingly easy to remove from the egg, and doesn't hurt the creature inside in any way; the Floralope that hatches will still have its fur. However, the act of de-furring a Floralope egg will leave the egg very prone to danger. While an egg that has fur can absorb a hit form a rock, an egg without its fur coat would break the moment the rock hits. Because of this, the SARC allows only domestic Floralope eggs to be de-furred if they have a suitable hatching environment.

Picture:
http://fav.me/dbyqd4u
(Some of the colors where unfortunately washed out. It has some lighter green leaves (which blend in with the fur color due to quality), as well as more vibrant flower colors)

Thank you for reading about the Floralope! 😃 I hope you have enjoyed the suggestion as much as I enjoyed making it. ❤️ If you liked the Floralope and would like to see it on site, ping your friends to help spread the word! 😸
Any and All feedback on the design and concept are apreciated!

Starting pings:
@jello
@momokie
@wigglytuff
@dragon_collector

Thanks for viewing! 😃
- @prairie & the Floralopes

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 2 January 2018 at 8:56 PM

@prairie LOVE OMGGGGGGGGG I NEEES ONE SO CUTE! Love the second stage 😊

(Also you forgot the url= in the eyleymo thing 😉)

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 2 January 2018 at 9:22 PM

@wigglytuff
I'm so glad you love it! 😃

And thanks for pointing that out, I'll fix it.

Deleted • 3 January 2018 at 10:25 AM

@prairie so adorable I love it so much!!! I'm gonna die I need it. 😊

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 3 January 2018 at 2:16 PM

@hooterlee

Thank you! 😃 I'm happy you like it. 😸 ❤️

More Pings:
@immortalraven
@avalon
@animalliterature
@dormammu

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 3 January 2018 at 2:18 PM

@prairie
I really like it 😊

Female
204 posts

dormammu • 3 January 2018 at 2:20 PM

@prairie

It's so cute! I love the antlers and flora attached to it 😊

Male
660 posts

brad • 3 January 2018 at 2:23 PM

@prairie I like it. I was gonna say I liked the 1st stage, but the more I look at it, the more I like all of them.

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 3 January 2018 at 2:34 PM

@immortalraven
Glad you like it! 😃

@dormammu
I'm glad you like the concept! I love the looks of jackalopes, so I wanted to make a suggestion of one. x3

@brad
Haha!! I'm happy to hear that!! x3 ❤️

Female
1,143 posts

valorieviolet • 3 January 2018 at 4:45 PM

@prairie

I love it! And I love that you gave it antlers, it was a great touch! Bunnies are so cute, we can never have enough 😸 I can definitely see this being made and I'm highly confident that it will considering you've had so many beautiful creature suggestions made already ❤️

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 3 January 2018 at 5:18 PM

@valorie100

Thank you so much for the feedback!! 😃 And thank you so much for the compliment. x3 I'm glad you like the others as well. ❤️

Female
796 posts

dragon_collector • 3 January 2018 at 5:54 PM

@prairie
omg!!! so cute😃❤️i would cuddle with it all day hahaha❤️you're such an amazing artist dude😸

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 3 January 2018 at 5:59 PM

@dragon_collector
I'm glad you like it!! 😃 ❤️ And thank you so much. x3 ❤️

Female
1,089 posts

animalliterature • 4 January 2018 at 12:52 AM

@prarie HOLY CHEESESTICKS I NEVER REALIZED HOW MUCH I NEEDED THIS GET IN MY LIFE

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 4 January 2018 at 12:30 PM

@animalliterature
Hahaha!! xD I'm happy to hear you want one! 😃 ❤️

Pings:
@ethereality
@armageddondoll

Demiboy
2,368 posts

ethereality • 4 January 2018 at 12:33 PM

@prairie OMG THIS IS ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE ❤️ I WOULD LOVE THIS TO BE THIS YEARS VERSION OF SPOTO ❤️ ❤️

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 4 January 2018 at 12:46 PM

@ethereality

Thank you!! 😃 I'd really like that too. x3 But IDK. I'm just really interested to see what creatures we will have for Easter/April this year. 😃 Cause the designs are always beautiful. ❤️

Demiboy
2,368 posts

ethereality • 4 January 2018 at 12:49 PM

@prairie Yea Easter/April is always one of my favorite holidays on Eggcave! ❤️ After December/Christmas designs, they are definitely 2nd favorite.

Deleted • 5 January 2018 at 9:02 AM

@prairie Awesome job!! his antlers are adorable

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 17 January 2018 at 11:24 AM

@hooterlee

Just realized I never replied. 😋
Thank you very much! 😃 I'm happy you like the design. 😸

Female
2,406 posts

ida92 • 19 January 2018 at 4:04 AM

@prairie another great creature! I love your suggestions. 😊

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 19 January 2018 at 9:33 AM

@ida92

Thank you! 😃
I'm so glad you enjoy the suggestions I make. 😊 ❤️

Female
62 posts

dance • 24 January 2018 at 3:37 AM

@prairie

Another one! They're all top quality, too! (And they're always made, which is great because they're pretty 😋) So pretty!

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 2 January 2022 at 10:24 AM

Decided to bring this oldy back up for a option for Easter/April 2022!

Pings:
@hinokazes
@chapus
@ian
@skymoare

Female
584 posts

hinokazes • 2 January 2022 at 10:48 AM

It's a nice pet ^^ I like that we see the adult antler for the egg, it shows the height difference. However, I feel like stage 2 and 3 are almost the same (it's like stage 2 just got on its feet for stage 3), but maybe it's juste me. Would have been cute to see stage 2 playing with the antler of it's parent tho c': But at the same time it would have been weird for it to disappear at stage 3.

2,892 posts

skymoare • 2 January 2022 at 12:11 PM

@prairie

I just love your creature suggestions (and this one is no different)! I think it's a really neat idea (and the poses are just so adorable ❤️ ) and hope it gets brought onto EC

321 posts

chihiro_sang • 9 February 2023 at 10:37 AM

Cool, a jackalope is a cute idea for an easter critter.

Female
177 posts

pastelrabbit • 13 February 2023 at 7:13 PM

Omg it’s adorable, I think it’s design is very unique and it’s colour palette suits the spring theme!

Female
2,934 posts

heatherm19 • 13 February 2023 at 7:49 PM

OMG OMG IT'S AWESOME!!! It's so adorable, I love the expressions an personality you manage to convey in the drawings. It looks like it would fit right in on Eggcave. And I neeeed some in my cove! *can't stop staring at the cutie!*

Female
1,826 posts

poe • 13 February 2023 at 9:33 PM

@prairie The face cleaning pose awwww
That would defs be a perfect easter creature!