Mardi Gras/March Creature Suggestion: The Misterius (plague doctor themed!)

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 21 January 2018 at 12:06 AM

CONCEPT AND IDEA CREDITS GO TO @SKYTHECREATOR! SHE CAME UP WITH THE IDEA OF A PLAGUE DOCTOR CREATURE ๐Ÿ˜Š IT WAS ALL HER IDEA, PLEASE GIVE HER CREDIT!!!

ยค M E E T T H E M I S T E R I U S ยค

i m a g e: https://i.imgur.com/2kRfTPR.jpg

e g g d e s c r i p t i o n:

The Misterius egg is very mysterious indeed. Misterius eggs are a very rare sight, as they are usually never spotted in the wild, though they are there in many numbers. The Misterius eggs go through many procedures to avoid being seen. A strange force of the egg is able to alter and twist perception of the area around it. Those who accidentally stray into the magical boundaries of the egg's power are suddenly overcome with a strange feeling to turn away and walk into the opposite direction. Additionally, only one in ten Misterius eggs are genuine, a facade made to fool poachers into taking the wrong egg, which is empty. Very few Misterius eggs have been collected: large amounts of fake eggs, and only one genuine Misterius, who is now in captivity at the SARC.

c r e a t u r e d e s c r i p t i o n

The Misterius is a very rare and peculiar creature, and one of the most dangerous species ever discovered. Though many tests have been conducted, the Misterius is not classified as any existing branch of species. It is impossible to remove the mask of a Misterius, leaving the identity of this creature unknown. The Misterius also poses a variety of threats, which include hypnotic ability, telekinesis, and poisonous mist, which its name derives from. Misterius are always seen with a mask similar to that of a plague doctor, instead with glowing, hypnotic eyes. Looking straight into the eyes of a Misterius can cause instant hallucinations and fainting within seconds. The government has issued many warnings on how to avoid Misterius encounters. These procedures include watching for the blue-green glow of the Misterius tail without looking at the creature directly. The tail is composed of a pale, blue-green poison gas that has not yet been identified as an element. Breathing in the gas can cause severe hallucinations, dizziness, and in rare cases, a coma. The Misterius also possesses a small vial of a gray-green liquid, or a staff in it's adult stage. The liquid is similar to the consistency of tar. The SARC has been unable to test this liquid, since the Misterius refuses to part with the vial, and will attack any being that tries to separate it's vial. Misterius are not allowed to be kept as pets, but strangely, it is legal to remove Misterius eggs from the wild if one is discovered. This law was only passed because little is known about this creature, and the dangers of the Misterius must be taken into full examination.

p i n g s: @wigglytuff @prairie @dragrawr @wild_wonders @mastergemma @orderedchaos @ian @jello @skyfall4

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 21 January 2018 at 12:07 AM

@icesparkle22

Neato/10

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 21 January 2018 at 12:10 AM

@jello

thanks! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

more pings :>:
@mrsgiggles
@inkpelt
@spell
@raccoon
tagging online users haha ;u; sorry if you dont like pings >.<

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 21 January 2018 at 12:10 AM

@icesparkle22 and @skythecreator

I really really love the concept & design! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ โค๏ธ
The colors make me think or Mardi gras. xD
(Say the topic title, is this a suggestion for next January, or did you say January as a time marker of when it was suggested?)

I like the description a TON as well! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Very good suggestion, I'd love to have one someday. ๐Ÿ˜ธ

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 21 January 2018 at 12:12 AM

@prairie

oh my, i just remembered that we're already in january :'D i meant february or march, thanks for telling me hehe xD

thanks so much! โค๏ธ

Non-binary
1,318 posts

raccoon • 21 January 2018 at 12:19 AM

@icesparkle22

Really nice creature design and idea!!

My one 'issue' (just a personal preference really) is that the colors are a bit bright for a plague doctor theme. Though that could be part of the hallucinations!! o: Overall very nice!! Would love to see this made.

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 21 January 2018 at 12:29 AM

@raccoon

yeah! in the original concept topic by @skythecreator, she wanted to test out a pastel palette for the plague doctor theme, to make it less dark and more "vibrant" and hallucinating. all credits go to her ๐Ÿ˜Š

thanks so much! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@snowbunnies

Female
2,542 posts

dragrawr • 21 January 2018 at 12:49 AM

fantasic v.v i need ovo.....9999999999999999999 of them

Female
1,243 posts

senkou • 21 January 2018 at 2:17 AM

@icesparkle22

Unique and creative ๐Ÿ˜Š Eggcave needs a creature like this~ โค๏ธ /hug!/ Great job to both you and the creator!

Deleted • 21 January 2018 at 2:30 AM

@icesparkle22.
That looks amazing!

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 21 January 2018 at 11:20 AM

@dragrawr @kokoven1212 @wild_wonders

thank you guys so much! ๐Ÿ˜Š

@ethereality
@stagfire
@purgatory

sorry if you don't like pings hehe, i'm desperate ;-;

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 21 January 2018 at 11:58 AM

@icesparkle22 nice!

Deleted • 21 January 2018 at 12:25 PM

100000000000000/10

1,853 posts

purgatory • 21 January 2018 at 2:05 PM

@icesparkle22

You pinged me twice :') I like the concept, but the bright colors aren't exactly my cup of tea. They do work, though.

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 21 January 2018 at 2:06 PM

@wigglytuff @wolfspike23

thanks!

@purgatory

ahhhh sorry i hope it doesn't annoy you ;-; thanks for the feedback hehe, i was thinking the colors might make a good Mardi Gras theme, although i put February in the *hopes* it might get created. If it was though, i would say it's more of a March creature

1,135 posts

lazyanon • 21 January 2018 at 2:43 PM

cool. i like. But where would you find the creature? I think it could be found in the wetlands.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 21 January 2018 at 3:03 PM

@icesparkle22 agree with purgatory. If it were a more variety of bronze and gray it would be better ๐Ÿ˜‰

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 21 January 2018 at 6:58 PM

@wigglytuff

i was going to make it more of that, but i decided to do a mardi gras palette, because pink/red/white wouldn't really work for this lol

Non-binary
1,318 posts

raccoon • 21 January 2018 at 7:14 PM

@icesparkle22

Looking at it with the Mardi Gras theme in mind the colors work a lot better. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 21 January 2018 at 9:06 PM

@raccoon

yeah, seeing as the usual plague doctor color schemes are browns/blacks/greys ๐Ÿ˜Š

thanks!

Female
391 posts

redflipflap • 22 January 2018 at 3:08 PM

I really like the idea of this!!!

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 23 January 2018 at 10:27 AM

@icesparkle22
I'll check this out later- need ta go teh school x3

Self note- check the suggestion for goodness sake I forgot twice now o_o

Female
1,105 posts

icesparkle22 • 23 January 2018 at 4:40 PM

@skyfall4
hehe ๐Ÿ˜Š thanks for paying attention!

my friend in school says 'cucumber"

Female
62 posts

dance • 24 January 2018 at 3:30 AM

@Icesparkle22 @skythecreator

Wow! โค๏ธ I love it! I really hope it gets made.

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 24 January 2018 at 10:21 AM

@icesparkle22
Ooooooh! Me likey! I really like the critter description and the creature itself ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I think making the Misterius a darker shade of purple would give the lighter, paler colors a more evil look ๐Ÿ˜Š

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 9 February 2024 at 10:18 PM

My Quest to dig up old suggestions I love continues.
@icesparkle22 & @skythecreator I'm always a sucker for Merch-time creatures, and I love that you guys chose Mardi Gras!! Though I could 100% see this being a Halloween/Masquerade/Carnival creature too! The colors are fun and appealing, this could be an awesome addition to EggCave!

Pings as always:
@ian
@shirothekittehlover
@jlya
@redflipflap

Female
1,318 posts

twinkle • 9 February 2024 at 10:52 PM

Wow this is awesome!! Iโ€™m loving the Mardi gras pallete on top of the plague doctor design, very interesting choice ๐Ÿ˜Š Would be so nice to have a Carnival themed month here c;

318 posts

chihiro_sang • 10 February 2024 at 12:10 AM

I love the colorful aspect of this critter given the general dreariness usually associated with plague doctors.

Other
11 posts

margaretschi • 10 February 2024 at 1:06 AM

ohhhh that's sounds soooo cool!
If it show up at Halloween I thin that will be popular(โ—ฆห™โ–ฝห™โ—ฆ)

Female
2,695 posts

jlya • 10 February 2024 at 1:43 PM

@prairie keep going, I'm almost always in support xD

Ooh, this is such a niche concept! I like what Twinkle said about it having a carnival vibe, I can hear it saying "Step right up, anyone can win!" ^^