✔️ Hermicone - [Summer] Creature Suggestion

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 8 March 2018 at 12:00 AM

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

In Celebration of my B-day, here is another creature suggestion!

Summer is a time of Vacation and relaxation for many. Hundreds of Arkians flock to the beaches of Leila and Ark City to catch some waves and play in the water. Ice Cream stands can be seen all over the beach during this time of the year, so go get a chilly dessert! As you walk up to one of the Finley's Flavor stands, you see a ice cream cone that has fallen on the ground. How sad! But what's this? That ice cream cone seems to be..... moving?!

Introducing the Hermicone!
Hermicone are commonly mistaken as fallen ice cream cones. It is only once they move that you can see that a supposedly fallen ice cream cone is inhabited by a creature. No one has been able to find out why Hermicones inhabit fallen ice cream cones, but some believe that the creature might not be able to stand the heat of Arks summers. This has been the best explanation to date for their interesting choice of homes, but the SARC is still observing their behavior to validate the claim. Hermicone are commonly found at Ark City Beach, where there are many ice cream cone vendors. This is because Hermicone use dropped ice cream cones as new homes.
Hermicone come in different "flavors", such as mint chocolate, neapolitan, strawberry, vanilla, and more! Each Hermicone has its own 'taste', and will usually stick to the same or very similar flavors throughout its life. Hermicone, once housed in a dropped ice cream cone, are able to keep the ice cream cold enough to not melt, even in the 100 degree summers of Leila! In fact, it has been found that the ammount of ice cream located on a Hermicone almost doubles in size after a month of the creature inhabiting it. This means that Hermicones can actually grow ice cream! How cool is that?!

About Hermicone Eggs
Hermicone eggs are made in one of the most unique ways known to Arkian creatures. When a Hermicone egg is ready to be made, the parent Hermicones will scoop off some of their ice cream coating and roll it into a ball. Once the ball is made, one of the parents will cut off the tip of its cone and place the ice cream ball in it. The embryo will then be planted inside the ice cream coat by the parents. Wild Hermicone will stick the mini cone (often referred as eggcones) to their cone until the baby emerges. As the Hermicone grows, it will have to search for a larger ice cream cone. Hermicones can only have 2 offspring, as each parent only has one tip on its cone.

Picture
http://fav.me/dc58uqz

Starting Pings:
@Skyfall4
@Wigglytuff
@Ethereality
@Littleblush

Thank you all for coming to check out the Hermicone Creature Suggestion! 😃 I hope you liked the idea and would love to see it on the site one day. 😊
Please leave feedback on your thoughts! 😸 All are appreciated. ❤️
You can help spread the word by pinging friends too!

Thanks for viewing!
- @Prairie

This creature was made in honor of all those ice cream cones lost to the pavement.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

325 posts

littleblush • 8 March 2018 at 1:14 AM

@prairie Hello there! Thanks for the ping 😃

IRL I am actually scared of crabs....don't ask 😋 But your drawing is so adorable I love it so much!

The description was great- super unique
😃 I especially like the "taste" play on words XD and the cool "cool" pun....yeah I'm a sucker for cheesy puns but what can I say, they're grate! XD sorry

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 8 March 2018 at 1:35 AM

@prairie
Wow! Another awesome suggestion! 😊 Love those colors again! ;D

More unique descriptions and designs 😸 what I think would be cool though is that in the last stage or a separate stage altogether, maybe add the missing tip at the top of the cone?

I really like the paragraph at the end of your whole post xD

Pings:
@cloudslay3r
@ifi123
@degong
😸

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 8 March 2018 at 2:01 AM

@littleblush
Haha, glad you like it! 😊
Happy you liked my play on words in the description too. 😃

@skyfall4
Happy you like the color selection! I had a hard time picking out an ice cream flavor. 😋 My 2 faves would be mint chocolate chip or the Neapolitan flavor.
Maybe later I'll attach a picture of different flavors Hermicones can come in.
I did consider making another stage, but I feel like we aren't having as many 1-2 hatched stages creatures. Also, I feel like it fits better to make it 2 stages only.
Lol, happy you enjoyed that last bit. xD

325 posts

littleblush • 8 March 2018 at 2:15 AM

@prairie Ahh if this gets made...there should be Hermicone ice creams in Finley's Flavours! lol XD

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 8 March 2018 at 8:29 AM

@Littleblush
I'd agree with that. XD They would all have some sort of gummy/candy Hermicone sticking out of them. XD

More Pings:
@Dragon_collector
@Icecloud101
@kat-chan

1,628 posts

icecloud101 • 8 March 2018 at 8:45 AM

@prairie
Very interesting

Female
285 posts

asteria • 8 March 2018 at 8:53 AM

@prairie It's really awesome, I love it so much! ❤️ Both description and drawing are just perfect. Heh, I want a creature that makes mint ice cream... or an entire farm

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 8 March 2018 at 8:56 AM

@Icecloud101
Glad you find it interesting. 😊

@Asteria
Happy you like it! 😃 I would love to have a creature that could make me ice cream too. X3 ❤️ Though my Hermicone would need to be inhabiting some dairy-free ice cream for me to have some. xD

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 8 March 2018 at 10:17 AM

@prairie I love the concept! It's really creative but not too creative, just the perfect amount 😸

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 8 March 2018 at 10:22 AM

@wigglytuff
Haha, yeah, this is probably my most simple idea I've had. XD
It makes me happy though, so it works. 😃

Demiboy
2,368 posts

ethereality • 8 March 2018 at 5:36 PM

@prairie Adorable and cute! It's definitely unique and I would love some eggcave species diversity haha

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 10 March 2018 at 11:44 AM

@ethereality
Happy you like it!! 😃

More Pings:
@dragon_collector
@Wild_wonders
@brad

Deleted • 10 March 2018 at 11:55 AM

@prarie ITS DA CUTEST THING EVAHHHH

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 10 March 2018 at 12:04 PM

@wolfspike23
Haha. XD Thank you! 😃 Happy you enjoy it! ❤️

Female
1,243 posts

senkou • 15 March 2018 at 6:34 AM

Aw SWEET @Prairie! ❤️

(aha get it sweet coz of the ice cream)
**laughs at own cheesy joke**

But back on topic (lol). Love this creature! The drawings are just goals and the colours match perfectly with the colour of the little hermit crab aww ❤️ 😊 And also, lost for words on the description just wow *o* (Personally never knew one could write so well but ok). Stunning work, hope it gets made! And while I was looking at the picture I couldn't help but check out your other suggestions too (that I missed). They're all so cute, love the new years dog suggestion that u made in particular ❤️ Miss you~

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 18 March 2018 at 1:38 PM

@wild_wonders
Haha lol. XD Puns. :L
Happy you liked the color combo I used! 😃 I was uncertain on the ice cream I should use. 😋 Also glad you like the description. XD Usually I don't really like writing much. 😱
Thanks for checking out my other suggestions too. ❤️ Happy you like them! 😃

More Pings:
@shann901
@paige
@muzb

Female
369 posts

invisiblefly • 18 March 2018 at 2:11 PM

It's really cute! I think the name is perfect for the little guy, and I think it would be a great cave monthly. What if it was the first creature that came in different colors (flavors)?

Trans Male
28 posts

paige • 18 March 2018 at 2:45 PM

Oh wow I LOVE them ! I'm also seconding @muzb's idea for different flavors / additions as the stages go on ~

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 18 March 2018 at 3:51 PM

@Mubz
I'd love it to be a cave monthly. XD Then I get the the stages easier. *3* (RIP all my money from gathering stages of my Drollo, Wiggit and Cloveater suggestions.)
And that would be pretty neat on the different flavors. 😱 I could see people gathering/seeking certain flavors if that became a thing. XD

@Paige
Happy you like them!! 😃
I agree that it would be really nice if each stage had a different flavor. 😸 cause variation.

Female
85 posts

kissed • 23 March 2018 at 11:27 PM

@prairie
Its so cute! I would buy one 😉

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 24 March 2018 at 12:17 AM

@kissed happy you like it! 😃 ❤️

Female
391 posts

redflipflap • 10 April 2018 at 9:41 PM

ok so you're officially one of my favorite eggcave creature suggestion people. This is 10/10. Hmu if you ever wanna collab on an idea/design!!

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 15 April 2018 at 5:02 PM

@redflipflap

Oh gosh, thank you so much!! 😃 ❤️ I'm happy you like my suggestions. 😸
ATM I'm pretty busy with final projects, but I'll let you know once the semester is done. 😊

3 posts

yodacatlover • 15 April 2018 at 6:40 PM

@prairie this is so cute!

Female
2,022 posts

budgie • 15 April 2018 at 7:37 PM

@prairie Absolutely adorable! Perfect for summer

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 26 February 2019 at 2:57 PM

Want to get this back out there for a possibility for a Summertime/Eggcave 10th B-day Creature!!
Since it's a ice cream inspired pet, I can really only see this as fitting a Summer month or an Eggcave Anniversary pet. 😊

Let me know thoughts and opinions! 😃

Female
893 posts

murfijs • 2 March 2019 at 3:13 AM

its a very cute creature😸 i really hope it gets made in summer

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 16 March 2019 at 6:59 PM

@murfijs
Happy you like it! 😃

More Pings:
@alchemyfox
@achimenes
@iia
@stevepat2002

Deleted • 17 March 2019 at 6:45 PM

@prairie

Such an adorable creature!! And I love that they can grow Ice Cream! (That pun tho, I love it! xD)

I hope your critter gets made this summer! ❤️