Maplacoon- [Autumn] Sep/Nov Creature Suggestion

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Deleted • 27 March 2018 at 1:28 AM

The Maplacoon
An Autumn {September/November} creature suggestion

Design
The drawing is not the best...I had a lot of erased pencil marks which made it hard to color, should have thought of that ahead of time, I apologise! (Fellow artists, I hope I'm not the only person who forgets sometimes!)
Here: http://i66.tinypic.com/347gy6f.jpg
EDIT: OKIE turns out it looks like a Venafera πŸ˜‹ So I know, I'll fix! No need to tell me further ❀️

Evolution
300 Feeds
600 Feeds
900 Feeds

Habitat
Forest

Height
0.7m

Weight
15kg

Obtained from
Forest

About Maplacoon Eggs
Maplacoon eggs are orange, red and yellow with maple leaves poking out of the top and heavenly smelling maple syrup flowing down it's sides. The maple leaves are actually self-aware. The maple leafs that lay on top of the egg are very sensitive. They are able to feel and hear a rushing wind coming from a kilometre away that might knock the peaceful egg over. If it feels it's surroundings are unsafe, or harsh weather is brewing, the eggshell will become very cold, but the inside remains warm. The maple syrup will freeze into a hard outer shell, and act as a protection from anything that tries to hurt it. The Maplacoon inside remains unharmed, warm, and cozy.

About Maplacoon Creatures
Maplacoons like to run and play in piles of leaves, and follow leaves that ride on the wind through the forest. Their backs are coated in maple syrup, the strong aroma filling the air around them. The smell is more prominent in mating season, so they can attract a mate.
Maplacoons have astonishing hearing and smell, stealth, and wits. It is almost on instinct that they know a creature's weakness when they encounter it, or what species a plant is on first sight. Because of this, Maplacoons and considered to be one of the smartest animals in ark.
Their black hands that look like leather gloves have unbelievable abilities. They can make a tree grow bright red apples upon touch. Perhaps make leaves float slowly downwards onto the grassy ground. Or even control the weather, sending a light cool breeze through the trees. They are even the ones to let birds know when they should migrate!

EDIT: Perhaps cousins of Venafera??

#creaturesuggestion

Thanks for looking 😊
Feedback is appreciated ❀️

Pings: [super sorry πŸ˜‹]
@prairie
@skyfall4
@wigglytuff
@cala
@loveshapiro
@kissed
@karma333
@silvershadow

Heello idk the rule for how many pings you can do before it doesn't work...is it 4? 5? Is there even a rule? I've just seen people talking about it before...Can someone please confirm what it is with me? Thanks!

106 posts

karma333 • 27 March 2018 at 1:29 AM

@crown

it looks cute^^ i just need an idea and i can post a creature suggestion

Female
207 posts

loved • 27 March 2018 at 1:39 AM

@crown
I really like it, especially 1st stage since it sort of looks like it’s playing peekaboo lol. Based on the description the maplacoon sound like very powerful creatures, I also like that the maple syrup plays an important part (such as protecting the eggs & helping the adults mate). Hope to see it made soon😊

Female
85 posts

kissed • 27 March 2018 at 1:39 AM

@crown
Its: cute, canadian, and autumn-y
But: Define the eyes and make the colors more vibrant

Deleted • 27 March 2018 at 1:43 AM

@karma333
@loveshapiro Glad you guys like it πŸ˜ƒ
@kissed Yeah lol in real life it's a bit better and I'll make the reds, oranges and yellows more vibrant next time {If I find I'm not too lazy to re-draw}- thanks!

More pings {Sorry!!}
@jirachiwishmaker
@budgie
@ethereality

106 posts

karma333 • 27 March 2018 at 1:44 AM

@crown

so why did you ping me? just wondering, i'm grateful to see such a cute creture

Deleted • 27 March 2018 at 1:47 AM

@karma333 Haha it's just because I know you- I've chatted and traded with you before πŸ˜ƒ Plus, I don't think I've pinged you on a creature suggestion of mine before...thanks for the compliment hehe

106 posts

karma333 • 27 March 2018 at 1:49 AM

@crown

yay^^ and your welcome!

Female
812 posts

totallynotjoey • 27 March 2018 at 2:05 AM

@crown
Wow, that's really cute!
I love the idea of maple syrup, it's very original ^^
One thing: the egg is a bit plain. Instead of having just two leaves sticking out of the top, you could make the egg sit on a pile of leaves or something
I dunno, it's just what I think 😊

Deleted • 27 March 2018 at 2:13 AM

@totallynotjoey Thanks! πŸ˜ƒ Ooh maybe a flower crown except with maple leaves? sitting on a pile of leaves is nothing a trinket travel can't do! πŸ˜ƒ Thanks for the feedback ^^

Female
812 posts

totallynotjoey • 27 March 2018 at 2:16 AM

@crown
Np!
And also that's a great idea! A maple leaf crown 😊

367 posts

kudo • 27 March 2018 at 2:19 AM

@crown thanks for the ping! πŸ˜ƒ
heyyyy that's adorable! i love the maple syrup idea- it really is original xD
for the whole species why not have leafy sort of wings? i think it'd add a bit more of the cuteness factor but it's really amazing the way it looks already ❀️ wish i could draw like that ^^"

Deleted • 27 March 2018 at 2:26 AM

@silvershadow Thanks! Awww yeah that would be super cute! I tend to lean away from wings because of a comment I once saw on a monthly release site blog post...smthg abt how creatures are turning into normal animals with wings stuck on...lol idk who- forgot
But tbh that would be rather cute for this, hmmm

Pings: (sorry ❀️)
@wavypavy
@dragonight1993

367 posts

kudo • 27 March 2018 at 2:27 AM

@crown ohhhh well that's okay if you don't want it on this, I just thought it'd look cute. your choice! 😊

Female
129 posts

wavypavy • 27 March 2018 at 6:40 AM

@crown
It's really cute, I love the fur on the third stage.
(or is it second? I'm not sure what to call it, but the second one from the end)

Female
1,111 posts

musical_slytherclaw • 27 March 2018 at 6:57 AM

Aww! It's really cute and I like it 😊

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 27 March 2018 at 9:41 AM

@crown

Thanks for the ping! πŸ˜ƒ

I find this super cute, oh my gosh. ❀️ 😱 I love love love it. x3
The only thing I think I'd critique on the drawing is that the 1st and 2nd look similar to me. (think it is mainly cause both are in a sitting-like position and holding out the maple leaf) That could easily be fixed by making a different pose, perhaps licking of a syrup covered paw or something? 😱

But overall, great job! πŸ˜ƒ Love the syrup concept. ❀️ Keep up the great work!

Deleted • 27 March 2018 at 11:09 AM

@wavypavy
@musical_slytherclaw
Glad you guys like it! πŸ˜ƒ yay!

@prairie Thank you ❀️ Oooh yes! Licking of a syrup covered paw would be adorable 😱 Kinda giving me Winnie the Pooh vibes lol 😊
#nostalgia amiright? Haha

Pings:
@telekinec
@raindrops
@rainbownya
@cloudslay3r

@gryffindor16 I pinged ya cuz
A) it has kinda gryffindor-ish colors on da tail
B) it has syrup and that is a form of sweetness...
So knowing you you may or may not like this XD lol

Deleted • 27 March 2018 at 11:25 AM

❀ the first two stages, I agree with prairie. The last two stages, 2nd stage could be a bit different, last stage could perhaps add some pancakes? Coz maple syrup, raccoon and pancakes? What a delicious combination! I meant pancakes and the maple syrup, I definitely won't eat a raccoon... and maybe add in some pink and yellow? The leaves can be any shades of red ,yellow, looks cute now but could be even more purrfect. Or maybe even some blue / purple for contrast? If not.. mabye make the tail for the last stage poofier?

Female
4 posts

obsidianmage • 27 March 2018 at 11:28 AM

@crown
Hey, neat idea! I really like this, I would totally try and get it if this did become a creature. In my opinion, it doesn’t need improvement- it’s already great!

Deleted • 27 March 2018 at 11:36 AM

@playermocha345 thank you! ^^
And staph making me hungry! I just brushed my teeth lol
Yummmmm........yeah more colors would be nice- after all, autumn is one of the more colourful seasons πŸ˜ƒ

@obsidianmage yay! Glad you like it πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ

Pings: (sorry again ❀️)
@icemagma
@purgatory
@ark0flight

Female
265 posts

raindrops • 27 March 2018 at 11:41 AM

@crown After reading & remembering childhood jumps in the leaves...lol...fun times...I said to myself...oooooo I must c this creature! Upon viewing I must say I LOVE it just the way it is. I tend to go w/the 1st completion of most things as I found out when u start to make "changes" it can take away from what was meant to be in the 1st place. Would also want one of these creatures if it was to be made!
Pings: @Ian @thedarkarcher

Demiboy
5 posts

ghostly_ • 27 March 2018 at 11:52 AM

@crown
wow, this creature is super cute!!

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 27 March 2018 at 11:52 AM

@crown it's really cute except it looks like the venafera a little bit 😊

Deleted • 27 March 2018 at 11:56 AM

@raindrops yeah, sometimes it does that, but changing a position I don't think would hurt... 😊
@ana489 yay- glad ya like it πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ
@wigglytuff oh yeah...maybe um er....*searches for excuse*...uhhh CoUSinS? Lol

Female
285 posts

asteria • 27 March 2018 at 12:14 PM

@crown Thank you for showing me this suggestion, you found a perfect person πŸ˜ƒ I'm a huge fan of autumn and everything autumn related. I love your creature, I wish to own one. On the drawing I especially love the egg and the colors. Isn't it a bit too similar to Venafera though? I like it better than Venafera, but still. About the description, the idea of maple syrup is brilliant and really creative. I love how Maplacoon basicly creates autumn, like a spirit or even god of nature 😊 It's really great! Also, since I checked out your suggestion, wouldn't you mind checking my newest one as well? https://eggcave.com/forums/topic/68848

Deleted • 27 March 2018 at 12:21 PM

@asteria ah thank you!! πŸ˜ƒ So glad you like it ❀️ anything I could do to change it from looking like a Venafera?? Lol *o*
I'll go check it out now 😊

Female
285 posts

asteria • 27 March 2018 at 12:28 PM

@crown Maybe changing the pose of the last stage would help a bit... But it's your creature so you know how it looks best. It looks a lot better than a Venafera tbh 😊 Thank you

Deleted • 27 March 2018 at 12:32 PM

@asteria Oh ok! 😊 And err...hides from mythlight lol- she made the Venafera 😊
I think the Venafera's style is more pretty and elegant (love the anime eyes) ❀️ Mine's like a dirty, playful floofball πŸ˜‹

Female
285 posts

asteria • 27 March 2018 at 12:44 PM

@crown Well, that's true 😊