Avian Roleplay

in Roleplaying

How long would a wingspan have to be to lift a human off the ground? (Multiple answers allowed.)

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 3 January 2020 at 5:43 PM

Raina tries to stand up, but stumbles a bit. "I'm...not sure if we're really in the shape to go finding things. But then again....I'm pretty sure the leaf idea wont work. Sorry, Jaela."

Elias flew throughout the forest, tracking a trial. It looked like someone had been here recently..

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 3 January 2020 at 9:32 PM

"That's fine. It's just an idea." Jaela says. "What do we do, then? We're kind of backed into a corner."

1,327 posts

bgunny • 3 January 2020 at 9:47 PM

Shiva gives Mikka a closer look. She'd been able to see her a little on the ground, but now she could see her even better. Nope, she's not like me either, she thinks, though she'd been able to figure that out before they flew into the sky. She stays silent and lets Mikka speak if she wants. There was really nothing to say, in her opinion.

Lana looks in the direction Sirin had gestured to. Now that he mention it, there did appear to be something that looked like a cave. She nods. "We'll go there then. Do you need a few moments to sit or can we go now?" She watches the sky for avains. He'd made her a little nervous they were going to be attacked. The most she'd be able to do to fend attackers off was create shields and manipulate their emotions, which could be effective if she used her power wisely.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 3 January 2020 at 9:52 PM

"So. You aren't human. That's a relief." Mikka says, trying to keep her face an expressionless mask.

1,467 posts

robinn • 3 January 2020 at 10:15 PM

"I think I'll be fine." Sirin slowly stands ups. He leans against a tree, already feeling out of breath. "Never mind, this is actually a lot harder than it looks." He pauses for a minute. "I think I'm good now." He starts walking towards the cave. "Hey, I hope this isn't weird for me to ask, but you're not human, right?"

"I know we're all really tired, but if we want to a proper rest we need to find a good shelter." Lyon says. "There still could be humans around and most of us aren't in any condition to fight."

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 3 January 2020 at 10:23 PM

"I can fight." Jaela says stubbornly. "Just... Not well."

Ralem glances at Jaela. "Did you hit your head?" He asked.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 3 January 2020 at 10:26 PM

Shiva tries not to stiffen when she heard about not being a human. Well... I'm not... anymore... She continues to keep up her blank expressions, though her thoughts were going wild by now. "Are you happy now?" she asks.

Lana begins to follow Sirin to the cave. She didn't find his question weird at all. She thought it was fair. She wasn't sure how many avians hid their wings behind cloaks. "No, I'm not a human." There was a slight note of sadness in her tone. He'd have to be listening closely to catch it. She hopes he doesn't ask about the cloak. She had a half-truth she could tell him if he asked, but it was easier if he just didn't ask at all. Even half-truths made her flustered a bit.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 3 January 2020 at 10:27 PM

"Happy enough." Mikka says. "What brought you here to these parts?"

1,467 posts

robinn • 3 January 2020 at 11:33 PM

"Well then, if you think you're well enough to fight then you're well enough to help find a shelter." Lyon says. "Raina, can you move?"

Sirin had the slight feeling that Lana wasn't telling him everything, but decided against pressing her. He peers into the cave, making sure it was empty. "It looks like no one's here."

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 3 January 2020 at 11:46 PM

Jaela purses her lips. "I don't think I can, I know I can." She mutters to nobody in particular.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 4 January 2020 at 11:45 AM

"No reason. Just traveling," Shiva replies. I came here to escape my human brother who thinks I'm a monster and wants to kill me. Shiva sighs in her head. Her brother probably hadn't pursued her, but he had most likely contacted the authorities, and they had probably sent someone after her. She wasn't about to tell Mikka that, though. "What about you?" Shiva decides that she was going to ask Mikka everything she asked her. If she was going to get information, so was Shiva.

Lana also peeks into the cave. "Yeah, let's keep it that way," she says. She holds her hands out, palms forward, and mutters a few words. A pink see through wall appears for just a second before disappearing. She puts her hands down and turns to Sirin. "It's a warding spell. No one without the password can get in." The spell would stop working if she was injured, sick, or couldn't keep it up for whatever reason. "The password is Emery and Ellis." Those were the names of her deceased siblings.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 4 January 2020 at 1:15 PM

"Yep, well enough," Raina walks a few wobbly steps forward and back.

(Should Elias run into anyone?)
Elias walks through the forest cautiously, tracking another trail. There seemed to be other avians here too...there were a lot more than imagined.

1,467 posts

robinn • 4 January 2020 at 2:13 PM

"Good, then let's get moving." Lyon says.

Sirin silently repeats the password in his head. He sits at the edge of the cave wall. "I never realized how tiring almost dying is."

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 4 January 2020 at 9:37 PM

Raina nods and stretches her wings out tenderly. "Are we going to fly?" she says as she flaps her wings experimentally, cringing a bit form the soreness.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 5 January 2020 at 5:16 PM

Lana smirks. She could relate to what he said all too well. "Yeah, it's not exactly a joy, is it?" She steps into the cave and slides her backpack off. She sits down and starts rummaging through her bag. "Do you need or want anything? I have some food and water."

(I'm fine with Elias meeting with either of my characters as long as the others are okay with it, shadowdragon.)

1,467 posts

robinn • 5 January 2020 at 5:34 PM

(I'm with that too)

"Water would be nice." Sirin replies. While Lana wasn't looking Sirin quickly checks his phone. It was completely destroyed. Sirin bites his lip. It was going to be difficult to get back into contact with the humans again. He hides his phone back in his pocket.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 5 January 2020 at 9:09 PM

(Hmm..Is it fine if Elias meets with Sirin and Lana?)

1,327 posts

bgunny • 5 January 2020 at 9:13 PM

(Sure! I'm fine with that.)

Lana nods and looks through her bag. She brings out one of tin water bottles and opens it. She peeks inside to make sure it was full of water. She'd found the water bottles while she had - nervously - been passing through a human village. They had seemed very helpful so she grabbed them. She wasn't actually sure if she'd stolen them or not. They'd been on display outside and there hadn't been a price tag. She just liked to think they had been a freebie. It cleared her conscience. Closing the bottle, she hands it to Sirin. "Here you go," she says.

1,467 posts

robinn • 6 January 2020 at 2:02 AM

"Thanks." Sirin says as he takes the bottle. He takes a drink. "So, where are you from?" He asks. "Are you new to this area?"

"Are you well enough to fly?" Lyon asks Raina. He checks his own wings. They seemed to be mostly healed, but some of his white feathers were still stained red.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 6 January 2020 at 3:42 PM

"I'm pretty sure," Raina replies. "They're a bit sore but I'll manage."

Elias stops in front of a cave. He had tracked a trail to the mouth of a cave, and he was pretty sure his targets were inside. He peeks in the cave, keeping his back too the wall and casting the illusion of a squirrel running into the cave for a distraction. There! Those were his...wait...no. Elias frowns, those weren't his targets. They were just random avians.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 6 January 2020 at 4:30 PM

"I wanted to find some real action. Human fight matches aren't much of it and it got really boring." Mikka replies promptly. "Not that I was ever a part of them or anything." She lies smoothly. She'd actually instigated most of them, but she wasn't about to tell this stranger that.

Jaela looks back at her own wings. Her shirt was still red and her wing that had been shot was now more orange than gold.

Ralem looks at Raina. "I could make another healing ball if you want." He was a little fatigued from keeping up the dome, but he was willing to do more if needed.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 7 January 2020 at 3:26 PM

"I'm fine. Don't tire yourself out more," Raina says. Ralem looked a bit tired, and she didn't want to trouble him.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 7 January 2020 at 11:28 PM

Shiva stares at the girl. "Why bring up human fight matches if you weren't part of them?" It was a question she wasn't really expecting to be answered. She was surprised to find she didn't really care whether the girl was part of human fight matches or not. She asks another question. "What action are you looking for?" I can point you in the direction of my brother. Trust me, you'll get plenty of action. He's good with a knife, and I'm sure he's even better with a gun. Shiva was mostly being sarcastic for the sake of it. She would never tell a strange avian about her brother and his family. He might have cast her out, but she still loved him and his family, even though she'd never met them.

"I'm new to this area," Lana replies. "I was just planning on passing through. I don't really have anywhere to go." She hesitates at his question about where she was from. She finally decides it wouldn't do any harm. "I'm from the Greenwater Canyons. It's a little ways away. You might have never heard about it." Her home was named Greenwater Canyons because of the green hue the water had at a certain time of the year. There was a science behind it, but Lana never took time to learn it. She sits up straighter when she sees the squirrel run by. She glances toward the entrance. How did the creature get in? The wall she’d put up should have warned her. I know it doesn’t work on non-dangerous animals like squirrels, but I should have at least gotten a warning...

(Here’s what her home looks like: https://www.nationalgeographic.org/encyclopedia/canyon/

Also if someone hits the wall, it will flash pink before turning invisible again.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 8 January 2020 at 12:18 PM

"That was a lie. I was part of them. I always won, though." Mikka says. "Anything, really. Fights, watching others get in fights, chases, anything." She fidgets with the hem of her skirt.

"It would be my pleasure to help in any way I can. This is my job." Ralem replies.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 8 January 2020 at 9:28 PM

Raina blushes a bit, "Thanks Ralem. I feel a lot better now though. Maybe Jaela or Lyon needs healing?" she suggests.

Elias freezes as the girl looks at his direction. Did she spot him? No way..Elias had years of experience in hiding. How could she find him so easily? He shifts a bit nervously and a pebble skitters across the cave floor. He bites back a curse and presses him against the cave wall.

1,467 posts

robinn • 8 January 2020 at 9:51 PM

"I think I'm fine for now." Lyon replies. "I'll finish up healing after we find a place to stay."

"I've been there before!" Sirin says excitedly. "It's a very pretty place."

1,327 posts

bgunny • 8 January 2020 at 10:30 PM

Shiva almost snorts. "You’re looking for people to get into fights? Why? You don't have anything better to do?" She didn't mean to sound so challenging and criticizing, but it came out that way anyway. She didn’t really care what the girl did to waste her time as long as she didn’t get involved in it.

Lana stood up and went over to the invisible wall she’d created. She put a hand on it and mumbled something. It flashed pink. So, it was still working. Why hadn’t she been warned when the squirrel came running in? She heard the pebble and scanned the area. She startled and was tossed out of her thoughts when Sirin told her he’d been to her homelands. “Y-you have? How long ago was it? Was there an avian tribe?”

1,467 posts

robinn • 8 January 2020 at 11:10 PM

"It was a couple months ago I think." Sirin replies. He remembers he was sent there to hunt down some avians. "I don't remember seeing any avians though." He lies.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 9 January 2020 at 3:44 PM

"How about you, Jaela?" Raina asks.

The girl turns away and Elias lets out his breath. He peeks into the cave again. The avians in the cave were definitely not the ones he had been tracking. Maybe they knew something..? He keeps his back pressed into the wall as he edges closer so he could hear what they were talking about. He suddenly crashes into a wall like thing that glows pink, then turns invisible again. Elias lurches back, eyes wide.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 9 January 2020 at 9:19 PM

"Oh, okay. I-" Lana whirls around when her wall flashes. Her eyes scan the area, landing on a boy pressed up against the wall. "Sirin, there's someone sneaking around," she says. She turns towards the boy, stepping towards where he was, but making sure not to leave the protection of her wall. "Who are you?"