Avian Roleplay

in Roleplaying

How long would a wingspan have to be to lift a human off the ground? (Multiple answers allowed.)

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 10 January 2020 at 7:24 PM

"I'm fine. let's just focus on getting somewhere safe for now. Wait on healing me." Jaela says.

"Nope, not really." Mikka says frankly.

Ralem shrinks the healing shield and makes the energy that came from it into a trio of necklaces.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 10 January 2020 at 9:17 PM

"Do you guys have any ideas on where to start searching?" Raina asks.

Elia's eyes race around, looking anywhere but at the girl. "I'm El-...." he clears his throat and cuts himself off, "My name is Hunter. I mean you no harm. I just have a question to ask, have you seen three avians around here? One with gold wings, one with white, and one with dark violet."

1,467 posts

robinn • 10 January 2020 at 10:57 PM

Sirin gets up to see what Lana went to check on. He keeps his back pressed up against the wall. He could hear a male's voice. He overhears the stranger mention the three avians. He narrows his eyes. How does this guy know about them. He remains out of sight and keeps listening.

"How about this way?" Lyon suggests. "The forest looks denser down there."

1,327 posts

bgunny • 14 January 2020 at 3:36 PM

"Huh, tough life," Shiva says, sounding like she doesn't really care. She was just wanting to get away from the crazy avian now. "Well, if you don't want to bother me in any other way, I'll..." She pauses and squints at something behind Mikka. It was small, black, and flying through the air. She couldn't see it very clearly yet, but she could tell it was headed towards them. The strange thing was she sensed it was dead...

Lana stares at the boy. She hadn't seen them, but she wasn't sure if she should tell him that. She glances over at Sirin to ask him if he'd seen them. He was pressed up against the wall, trying to hide. She turns back towards Hunter quickly. "Why are you looking for them?" she asks.

(Are Elias' wings visible or no?)

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 14 January 2020 at 3:58 PM

"Sure," Raina says.

(Hmm....Elia's wings aren't visible for now)
"They've been causing trouble around here lately. Some people sent me to solve that problem," Elias replies.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 16 January 2020 at 6:12 PM

Mikka notices Shiva's gaze shift and follows it to the sky behind herself. Nothing was there. She looked back at Shiva. "What? Do I have something in my wing or something?"

Jaela nods and starts walking. Ralem grabs her wing and pulls her back. "One more thing. Wear these. You can still move freely and still be healed at the same time." He holds out the necklaces. "If they're too girly I can fix them after we're hidden."

1,467 posts

robinn • 16 January 2020 at 8:16 PM

"Girly?" Lyon holds up the necklace, "They're just necklaces, how are these girly?"

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 17 January 2020 at 11:46 AM

Ralem shrugs. "I mean, they're necklaces. Necklaces are usually girly, but they were the first thing to come to mind."

Jaela takes one and puts it over her head. "Thanks," She says.

1,467 posts

robinn • 17 January 2020 at 2:57 PM

"Really?" Lyon asks. "Men wore necklaces all the time in my tribe." He puts on the one Ralem gave him.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 17 January 2020 at 9:51 PM

Raina looks at Lyon, a bit confused. "I guess tribe life really was different." She places the necklace around her neck.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 17 January 2020 at 11:58 PM

"Yeah, really different... But in a good way." Jaela says. "Now come on. We need to get under cover." She says, starting towards the trees.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 18 January 2020 at 11:07 AM

Either Mikka’s eyes weren’t as sharp as mine or she couldn’t see dead things. Maybe a little of both. Shiva wasn’t sure. She wasn’t even sure if the thing was dead. It felt dead but it also felt… not dead. All she knew was she clearly saw the black blur headed towards them at rocket speed. She glanced over at the girl. “No, it’s-“ She was interrupted when something runs into her stomach, knocking her a few feet out of the sky before she could recover. She tries not to show her panic as she grabs the thing and pulls it away from her. She bites down hard on her lip when she sees it. She would have screamed otherwise. It was a large black skeleton of a raven. It had glowing silver eyes, and it was moving.

Lana started to become nervous. The human boy sounded like an avian hunter. Her wing was hidden behind her cloak, so she could pass for a human. However, she had put the magical wall up. He could put it together and realize she was an avian. She decided to play it cool. She was safe behind the wall anyway. She shook her head. “I haven’t seen them nearby.” She hesitated before asking, “What are you going to do when you find them?”

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 18 January 2020 at 11:46 AM

Mikka gasps when the skeleton-bird flew into Shiva. How had she missed something like that? She dives down after the other, thinking fast of a way to slow her fall. She glanced at the skeleton-bird again and shuddered. What was it? Nothing like that should be allowed to exist.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 18 January 2020 at 2:14 PM

Raina follows Jaela, wincing slightly at her sore muscles. "Yeah. Do you think Sirin's still alive?'

"Do what I was paid for," Elias says vaguely. It wouldn't be good for the two avians to realize he was a hunter. Though Elias was kind of confused at how the girl seemed to have no wings, but created a barrier.

1,467 posts

robinn • 18 January 2020 at 3:08 PM

"He couldn't be alive." Lyon says. "He seconds away from death when we left."

1,327 posts

bgunny • 18 January 2020 at 4:17 PM

"What are you?!" Shiva shouts. Somehow she knew the bird would understood her. He seems to watch her and take her in. "I am Alvar," he says. "Pleasure to meet you." His tone of voice made it sound like he was giving her a great honor by meeting him. She looks over at Mikki. Now she saw the bird. "H-how are you alive? Are you dead? You feel dead." Shiva pokes the bird. "Hey! No poking. I'm alive because of you." Shiva tilts her head. This was getting confusing. "You wished that there was someone out there like you. Your father created me so you wouldn't be alone. I'm just like you!" For a moment, Shiva can't find any words. There were a lot of messed up things about his previous sentences. "N-no... I'm alive..." "So am I!" He spreads his wings and puffs out his chest. "Uh-huh..." She suddenly remembers Mikki. She looks up at her. The girl hadn't believed her previously when Shiva had tried telling her who she was. She wondered if the arrival of the sort of dead skeleton bird would change her mind.

(Mikki will be able to understand Alvar, but only when Shiva is holding or touching him.)

"Oh," Lana says. She wasn't sure if she wanted to ask about his job. "Well, I haven't seen them, so I can't help you." She decided it would be better not to. She probably didn't want to know. If a human was looking for avians, though, it couldn't be good.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 19 January 2020 at 12:07 AM

Mikka stares in shock at the bird. She could hear flashes of words when Shiva had touched it but otherwise it was just cawing. She just hovered, her mouth slowly falling open. "Uh..." She started to say something but couldn't get out the words.

"If he isn't dead, I swear I'll kill him." Jaela growls. Images of his gun aimed at her and her friends flashed through her head.

Ralem lowered the healing dome, absorbing the excess energy. It wouldn't heal him as easily as the rest, but he would use it for later healing activities.

1,467 posts

robinn • 19 January 2020 at 1:02 AM

Sirin listened carefully to what the stranger was saying. Why does he want those three dead? Whatever, I won't give him the chance to kill them. They're my targets! Unfortunately at the moment there wasn't much Sirin could do since they stole his weapons.

Lyon found Jaela's statement unusual. Earlier she seemed pretty against killing him. Not that it really mattered. There's no way he could have survived with that much blood loss.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 19 January 2020 at 2:38 AM

Jaela hoped that Sirin was dead. She didn't want anyone to be hurt again,and if he wasn't dead, she'd kill him to protect her flock. She starts walking to the forest.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 19 January 2020 at 12:45 PM

Raina wasn't usually a violent person, but if Sirin was actually alive, she would make a exception. She wasn't sure if she wanted to kill him exactly, but...... she would do a lot of things to protect her friends. Even things that went against her morals. She walks after Jaela into the forest.

Elias studies the girl intently. She doesn't seem like she is lying. But why would she even lie to him? After all...they were all avians-Oh. He had forgot. Elias concentrates, and his pair of charcoal gray wings springs out. He stretches his wings out and sighs in happiness. It felt so good to be able to stretch his wings once in a while.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 19 January 2020 at 1:00 PM

Jaela looks around the forest. It was quiet... Almost too quiet. She remembered the humans that had shown up with Sirin. Where were they now? She hoped they had run.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 19 January 2020 at 1:17 PM

Shiva turns back to the bird. “I sense that you’re dead, but also alive.” He nods. “Yep, that’s what makes us the same. You feel the same way.” She lets out a strangled noise. She could ask more on the issue but decided not to since Mikki was just a few feet away. “Are you going to stay with me… forever?” The bird flies and lands on Shiva’s shoulder. “Yes, I am supposed to stay with you for as long as you live. Consider me part of your wacky family now.” Shiva tensed. She wasn’t exactly sure how she felt about her new family member. She looks over at Mikki, not sure what to say. “He’s a… gift. From… my dad?”

Lana jumps back as Hunter unfurls his wings. “You’re an avian?” She’d thought the boy was a human. Now she was curious. She had assumed that he had been an avian hunter or something of the sorts. She’d never heard of avians who hunted other avians, though. “What’s your job?”

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 19 January 2020 at 1:50 PM

"Oh." Mikka stares at it in shock and a little awe. "What is it?" She asks, unsure.

1,467 posts

robinn • 19 January 2020 at 2:12 PM

Lyon glances around. Everyone seemed to be on edge. They needed to find a place to rest fast. He spots a large tree up ahead. "How about we stay up there?" He suggests.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 19 January 2020 at 2:22 PM

"Sure. It looks comfy." Jaela says, walking towards it.

1,467 posts

robinn • 20 January 2020 at 9:30 AM

Lyon stretches his wings. They weren't as sore as they were earlier. He clumsily flies to the top of the tree.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 20 January 2020 at 4:33 PM

Raina follows, swerving to dodge the branches. One branch hits her in the face and she yelps. "Oh come on, I have such bad luck."

"I...find people," Elias says, lying through his teeth. "So...have you seen any of these avians?"

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 20 January 2020 at 9:03 PM

Jaela decides not to risk flying and climbs up to the highest branch that could hold her.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 21 January 2020 at 2:19 PM

After the initial shock, Shiva was starting to calm down and go back into her normal mood. She considers replying, "apparently my brother," which probably wouldn't have been far from the truth, but... She didn't want to sound crazy. She definitely didn't want to have to explain her story. She was never going to tell anyone about her being a human then dying and coming back alive. "He's uh..." She pokes the bird. "What are you?" she whispers. "A skeleton bird friend!" Alvar says cheerfully. Shiva rolls her eyes. "He's a skeleton bird companion." Alvar slaps her in the face with his wing. "I said friend." "Ouch! Your wings are made of skeleton, not fluffy feathers. Careful." She put a hand to her stinging cheek. Where he'd hit had turned red.

Lana stares at Hunter for a moment. Was he... lying? She couldn't be sure, but she sensed something was off. "I already told you, I haven't seen any avians that fit your description."

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 21 January 2020 at 3:51 PM

Raina sits on a branch, feet hanging off. "So are we going to wait out the night here?"

"How but you?" Elias says, nodding to the avian behind the girl. Maybe the boy had an important lead that would help Elias track his prey down quicker.