Avian Roleplay

in Roleplaying

How long would a wingspan have to be to lift a human off the ground? (Multiple answers allowed.)

1,467 posts

robinn • 4 December 2020 at 10:40 PM

"There was a river this way, right?" Lyon asks.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 5 December 2020 at 5:40 PM

After Jaela and Lyon leave, Raina turns to Ralem. "Thanks for saving me. Really though, I would have died."

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 5 December 2020 at 7:10 PM

Jaela nods a bit. "Unless we all imagined it, yes, there should be." She says.

Ralem smiles a little at Raina. "Anytime. I'm just glad I was there so I could save you." He says.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 9 December 2020 at 10:15 AM

"Yeah. I mean, dying from eating berries has got to be one of the dumbest deaths possible. You saved me from having 'RIP Raina, died from stupidly eating berries after surviving numerous attacks from humans,' inscribed on my tombstone," Raina jokes.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 9 December 2020 at 2:40 PM

Ralem snorts at her joke. "You'd get an award for that." He jokes back. "It'd become a historical moment."

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 11 December 2020 at 7:13 PM

"I will go down in history," Raina sighs dramatically, "But not in the way I wanted to."

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 11 December 2020 at 7:38 PM

"Maybe we all will if enough people hear about it. We're part of Jaela and Lyon's group and they're fighting to get avians free from humans. That could go down in history." Ralem says,

1,327 posts

bgunny • 11 December 2020 at 8:55 PM

Ines tried hard to stay awake and follow what they were saying and doing, but she was tired from all the adventures she'd had. Her eyes, wings, and head began to droop. She slumped against the cave wall and fell asleep.

(What are Lana, Elias, and Siris doing? When are we planning on having them meet?)

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 13 December 2020 at 1:30 PM

Raina nods. She hadn't thought of this before. What would happen if they actually succeeded and overthrew humans? "You're..right. We can go down in history books."

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 13 December 2020 at 7:17 PM

(I think they were following Lyon/Raina/Jaela/Lyon/Ines flock before. Maybe now could work? It's a slow part.)

Ralem thought for a moment. "You know, I'm not sure I want to go down in history for that." He said. "Something else, sure, but not the death of a species."

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 19 December 2020 at 7:01 PM

(Yeah, I'm fine with that)
"Yeah," Raina glances around to check if Jaela and Lyon were back yet. "To be honest....I don't really agree with our plan. You know. Like, that genocide thing. That's...a bit too harsh in my opinion."

1,467 posts

robinn • 24 December 2020 at 9:40 PM

(Sounds good to me)

Lyon rolls his eyes. "Yeah, yeah, I don't need your sarcasm."

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 30 December 2020 at 12:01 PM

"Ouch. Sarcasm's my middle name." Jaela says.

Mikka looks at the others. "Hey grumpy, do you think we're getting close yet?" She asks Elias.

"Yeah. I mean maybe as a last resort after everything else has failed it could work, but wouldn't it work better if we just went to the boss of the humans and asked for more freedom? And maybe for humans to stop hunting us?" Ralem agrees.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 30 December 2020 at 5:13 PM

"Yeah.."Raina agrees, "But I think the others may get mad if we bring it up. They seem to really hate humans."

Elias scoffs, "You call this close?! You just randomly tagged along. I don't even know why you are here."

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 2 January 2021 at 8:17 PM

"Mhm. So what can we do? Just keep waiting for a good time to tell them?" Ralem asks. "Because I don't think they'll take it well."

"Because I've made it my personal responsibility to bug you." Mikka answers. "Now are we close?"

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 2 January 2021 at 8:18 PM

"I don't know," Raina trails off, "What do you think we should do? Should we just let them carry out their plan?"

"No," Elias says, "Why me though? What horrible thing did I do in my past life to deserve this?"

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 2 January 2021 at 8:25 PM

"I dunno, maybe you were a wasp or a hornet. Ooh! Or maybe a fly, you know, the kind that flies around everyone's heads and when you came into this life you're mad at your loss of bug wings, and that's why you're grumpy, and all the rest of us have this innate urge to bug you?" Mikka rambled.

"I don't think I could live with myself if I helped them pull it off." Ralem says. "Hint that we aren't happy with it? Delay it?"

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 3 January 2021 at 7:15 PM

Raina nods, "I think that is all we can do now."

"Just. Shut. Up," Elias growls. His head had started hurting from Mikka's incessant talking. "If we're talking about annoying bugs, you're sure acting like one right now."

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 17 January 2021 at 3:04 PM

"Thank you, grumpy. Bugs are so adorable." Mikka grinned at him, flapping her wings happily.

"Let's just hope that they don't catch on and get mad." Ralem says.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 17 January 2021 at 3:50 PM

"I mean, even if they get mad, I don't think they'd do anything to us...probably. We're their flock," Raina says.

Elias looks at Mikka weirdly. "What blasphemy! Bugs are the bane of my existence. They are pesky, grotesque, disgusting creatures that should not exist." He shivers in fear, remembering the one time early in his bounty hunting career where he stupidly decided to sleep in the middle of a bug infested cave, and woke up with a million bug bites.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 20 January 2021 at 3:56 PM

Ralem frowns a little at the thought of their flock hurting them for not wanting to kill humans. "Probably. If they did though, I'd try to protect you from whatever they do. Or heal you." He says.

Mikka frowns. "That's crazy!" She bends down and shuffles through the leaf litter briefly, then straightens with a large beetle on her hand. "Fredrick isn't gross and he certainly does exist!" She holds the beetle out. "How can you say that?"

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 20 January 2021 at 6:12 PM

"Yeah, at least we have each other," Raina says.

Elias screeches and jumps away. "Get that disgusting thing away from me. How can you even touch that!?" Beetles were just so disgusting.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 20 January 2021 at 7:45 PM

Mikka starts giggling uncontrollably. "Grumpy! You squeal like a girl!" She laughed. She put the beetle down on a tree so she didn't drop it from laughter.

(Awww Railem...)

"Yeah." Ralem smiles at Raina.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 22 January 2021 at 10:55 PM

"What's that supposed to mean!" Elias snaps irritably. "Why can't you just shut up and leave me alone!"
(the difference between Elias and Raina)
(hehe Railem/Rara is growing)
Raina smiles back and reaches for Ralem's hand. She suddenly perks up as she realizes something. "Wait Ralem, I just realized we've gone through so much together, but we barely know anything about each other. Uh.." she looks shyly at Ralem, "If you don't mind me asking....What was your life before? Like, before all of this happened."

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 23 January 2021 at 4:12 PM

(Yeet it's happening!!!)
"Uh, haha." Ralem chuckles nervously. "You really want to know? I lived on my own, close to a human city. We never really mixed at all; I ignored them and they left me alone. Sometimes when they needed help I would drop by, and they would give me the supplies I needed. Most of them were jerks, but we had this little rhythm. There was one family who was just annoying, they were the exception I swear they tried to make my life hard every chance they got." He smiled a bit at the memory. "That's why I don't think all humans are bad, just some of them." He looked at Raina. "It wasn't near anything as interesting as you probably had. The day I met you guys, I was leaving the town to see what more busy human cities were like. Guess what I found? Jaela almost dead and Lyon panicking." He snorted a little.

(Oh yeah.)
"Because I'm bored and I want to see what you do." Mikka says as if he weren't mad at all.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 23 January 2021 at 4:22 PM

"Oh yeah, that day," Raina says, "It feels so long ago now that I think of it." She nervously shifts, "Uhh..my past is a bit complicated. I didn't know I was an avian until I was like, 10 or something. I know what you're thinking, it's pretty obvious that we have these stuck to our backs." She ruffles her feathers as she says this. "I'm not like, full avian though. So they didn't grow in until I was around 10. The day I discovered feathers growing out of my back..." she winces, "Yeah. That day sucked. So, that's why I'm a bit sympathetic. Well, I guess I can say empathetic. Before I knew that I was actually one of them, I thought avians were savages."

"Stop being bored then," Elias could feel a headache coming, "What did I do in my past life to deserve this?! Why can't you just let me do my jo-I mean find these avians in peace." Shoot, he had almost said job. That girl was really affecting him more than he thought.

1,467 posts

robinn • 24 January 2021 at 12:09 PM

"Well then, your parents named you accurately." Lyon replies. "I think I can hear the river now."

Sirin tries to hold back his laughter. Who knew the tough looking avian had such a pathetic weakness?

1,327 posts

bgunny • 24 January 2021 at 9:46 PM

Lana couldn't help but feel some sympathy for Elias/Hunter. Everyone had fears or things they strongly disliked. She knew she had many. So, even though she grinned and laughed at the interaction, she decides to try and help out. "Hey, Mikka, you're awesome at getting under people's skin," Lana says. She smirks slightly, knowing what she was going to do would help one avian but make another upset. "Sirin over here hasn't lost his cool at all since I met him. You don't think you can change that, do you?"

Ines squirms in her sleep. She curls into a little ball and moves her wings around to get more comfortable.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 24 January 2021 at 10:13 PM

"Yes please, just get him to shut up somehow," Elias crossed his arms and glared at Sirin.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 25 January 2021 at 5:45 PM

Mikka grins. "Thanks! I can try." She slows her pace so she was walking next to Sirin. "So what should your nickname be... You don't look grumpy, you don't look happy, you have a semi-murderous air around you... A true challenge. Yahoo." She grins.

"Thank you. I've always thought so." Jaela smirks. "I hear it too. Finally, now I don't have to listen to you talk." She says.

"Wow, so you really relate to the humans..."Ralem pauses. "Are we as bad as you thought we were? I really hope we aren't. It would be sad if we haven't changed." He says.