Avian Roleplay

in Roleplaying

How long would a wingspan have to be to lift a human off the ground? (Multiple answers allowed.)

1,327 posts

bgunny • 25 January 2021 at 6:24 PM

Lana picks up her pace to trade places with Mikka. She figured Sirin wouldn't be too happy with her. She tries to wipe the smile from her face when she hears Mikka. This was the type of teasing she had been around when her family was still alive.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 25 January 2021 at 6:35 PM

"Well, since I'm an avian myself now..." Raina said, "I think humans are kind of like avians." She chuckles, "Jaela and Lyon would totally kill me if they heard this. But, I think we're kind of alike. There's good avians and.." she grimaces as she thought of Sirin, "bad ones."

Elias sighs in relief as Mikka finally left him alone. "Thanks, I suppose," he said to Lana. He didn't like thanking people, but he was really grateful that she had made that annoying pest leave. It was a plus that Sirin would have to deal with Mikka now.

1,467 posts

robinn • 25 January 2021 at 8:53 PM

"Murderous?" Sirin tilts his head. "Do I have a hidden dark side or something?"

"I thought you loved the sound of my voice though. Who wouldn't want to hear me talk?" Lyon says.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 26 January 2021 at 3:08 PM

"Puh-lease. Get over yourself." Jaela rolls her eyes.

"Yeah. I think the only difference between us is the fact that we have wings and some of us have powers, and they don't have either... I've never thought about that before though." Ralem says.

"I dunno, that was the first word that came into my head." Mikka shrugs.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 26 January 2021 at 4:31 PM

"No problem," Lana replies, offering a small smile. "I'm used to people like her. The best thing you can do is ignore them, not react to their teasing. It makes them furious." Lana was unable to keep the grin off her face when she thought of her older siblings. They would always get angry when she didn't allow them to get under their skin. "But I understand that sometimes it's not an easy thing to do, and all you want is to be left alone." She shrugs and quiets at those last words, recognizing that he might want to be left alone even from people like her who weren't intentionally trying to be annoying.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 26 January 2021 at 5:20 PM

"Yeah, it's not really fun to think about," Raina said sadly. She leaned back to rest against the cave wall. "I wish we could all just get along. If only we stopped hating each other.."

Elias glanced at Lana. "I mean, I do like being alone," he said awkwardly, "but you're fine. I guess. I just can't deal with Mikka and Sirin...I'm not used to being around people anymore."

1,467 posts

robinn • 26 January 2021 at 6:28 PM

"So you're not denying it?" Lyon asks with a smile.

"Huh, weird choice." Sirin replies. "What kind of nickname would you give Lana?"

1,327 posts

bgunny • 27 January 2021 at 12:53 PM

Lana smiles at Elias again but this time it's brighter. "I understand," she says. "It's been awhile since I've been around other people too." She's careful not to ask him any personal questions, though she was curious why he wasn't used to being around other people. He hadn't liked it when she asked if Hunter was his real name. It was better not to pry and allow the person she was speaking with to say what They wanted and felt comfortable with. "They remind me of my siblings." She gestures to Sirin and Mikka. "Annoying but fun at times."

Ines stirs from her sleep. She rubs her eyes and sits up. Panic enters her when she thinks she alone. She looks from side to side wildly until she spots Ralem and Raina. She relaxes and exhales gently as the events of the day come back to her.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 27 January 2021 at 12:56 PM

"Thank god I didn't have siblings," Elias said, "If I had to be around them all the time, I'd probably die from a headache."

"Oh, you're awake," Raina said as she noticed Ines stir. "How was your sleep?"

1,327 posts

bgunny • 27 January 2021 at 1:14 PM

Lana laughs. "Yeah, I almost did die of a headache a couple times, but... They were pretty good older siblings other than that. We had some fun times, and I trusted them more than anyone else. I knew they'd always have my back, so that made the headaches worth it for me." More than anything, she missed them greatly, even though they annoyed her so much.

"Yes," Ines replies. She glances around the room and realizes the other two avians were still gone. "Where's... Uh... Lion and... Jay...?" She couldn't remember their names!

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 27 January 2021 at 2:31 PM

"What..happened to them?" Elias asked in a softer voice. He could tell by the constant past tense that whatever happened to them was not good.

(lol why do I think of warrior cats)
"Oh! Lyon and Jaela are out on a walk to get some more berries," Raina said, omitting the part where she almost died from her story.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 27 January 2021 at 2:53 PM

"Do you want me to deny it?" Jaela says, looking back at him.

Ralem smiles at Ines. "They'll be back soon." He promises.

(Why do I ship Elias and Lana now 0-0)

"I know, right? I would probably call her something like 'Happy' or 'Nerd' or maybe something better like 'Glitter' because she looks like she's glittering from happiness all the time." Mikka says thoughtfully.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 27 January 2021 at 4:50 PM

"Yeah, they've been out for a pretty long time," Raina said, "Ines, are you hungry?"
(low key same hehe)

1,327 posts

bgunny • 27 January 2021 at 6:08 PM

"Oh..." Lana had been expecting the question, but she hadn't prepared for it. "Humans attacked my tribe one day. My siblings were warriors... And... Well..." She ran her fingers through a strand of her hair. Her eyes became a bit distant. "I'm the only survivor."

(Yeah, I do a little too. I just think it's funny. All the shipping in this roleplay, and then EC has all these strict rules, so it's not like anything can even happen.)

Lyon and Jaela... She'd have to try and remember that. She nodded at Raina. "I'm hungry." Ines' gaze became solemn. "But I don't want to eat berries." Her thoughts went back to when Raina had... Gone to sleep...? Because she ate one of those berries.

(Haha! Warrior cats, yeah... Lionblaze and Jayfeather.)

1,467 posts

robinn • 27 January 2021 at 6:47 PM

(Those books were my childhood lol)

"Hmm, I was thinking 'softie' or something because she's so kind to everyone." Sirin says, thinking out loud. "She's basically the complete opposite of grumpy over there." He gestures to Elias.

Jaela's question caught Lyon slightly off guard. "Um, no. You don't have to take it so seriously, I'm just messing with you."

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 27 January 2021 at 7:52 PM

(omg same I was so obsessed with them and kept watching Warrior maps lol)
(yeah lol tis a big sad)
"Tch, typical humans," Elias said bitterly. "Not that it makes your tribe's death any less meaningful," he rushed to correct himself when he realized his reply was not nice to say the least, "It must have sucked. Humans just kill everything."

"Uhh...that's totally fine. Do you not like berries?" Raina asked. She shivered, she didn't really like berries now too.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 28 January 2021 at 4:56 PM

"I can go look around and see if I can find anything else to eat." Ralem offers. "We need to anyway."
(I've never actually read Warrior Cats before.)
Jaela looks at Lyon strangely, stopping in front of the stream. "Is that an apology?" She asks. "Who are you and what have you done with Angel Boy?"

Mikka nods. "That's a good one. Grumpy and Softie. Aww, they're like a happy couple. If they don't drive each other insane, that is. Hey, do you know where we're going? My feet are getting... Sore." She trails off. As they pass a clump of bushes she sees two avians, one with gold feathers and one with white.

(Is it good if they meet now?)

1,327 posts

bgunny • 28 January 2021 at 5:12 PM

(I spent a summer reading the first series arc. Haven't kept up with it since then.)

"It was horrible, and humans do seem to like killing," Lana agreed. Images of the fight flashed in her mind. She shook her head to push them out. "But I don't blame all the humans for the wrong actions of a few. I'm only alive because a human helped me when I was injured."

"I like berries, but not the kind that make you sleep," Ines replied. She looked over at Ralem. She wanted to go with him if he went out for food, but she was too nervous to ask. She only knew someone needed to make sure they didn't eat any berries this time.

(Ines has been traumatized for life XD. Also, I'm okay with the groups meeting.)

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 28 January 2021 at 6:17 PM

"Ohhhh...." Raina says awkwardly. She felt really bad that Ines had to see that. "Well. Uhh...normal berries don't make you sleep, but today let's get something else, okay?" She turns to Ralem and whispers, "Oh god, she saw that?! I guess it'd be a good idea for you to go out then...I would come with you but I need to take care of Ines. Come back quickly though." She didn't like the idea of Ralem going out on his own, but she had to stay.

(yee they meet)
Elias thought of the hunters. They had saved him too, but only for his own gain. "Maybe there's a few...but only a few good humans." He suddenly hears talking ahead and stops in his tracks. "Guys, stop. Those are two of the avians we are looking for. Be very quiet."

1,467 posts

robinn • 28 January 2021 at 11:19 PM

Lyon crosses his arms. "Why do you react like that every time I try to say something nice?"

Sirin's smile widens into a grin. He quickly rummages through his backpack. He pulls out a gun and points it at Elias. "Thanks for helping me find them."

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 29 January 2021 at 12:50 AM

(oh god Elias has been bamboozled)
Elias flinches and backs away, "What are you doing Sirin?! You know them?!"

1,327 posts

bgunny • 29 January 2021 at 9:31 AM

Ines nodded happily at Raina's idea. "Okay." That sounded fine with her.

Lana froze when Sirin pulled out the gun. She knew she should probably step back, like Elias had, or create a shield to protect them, but her mind never worked right when she saw someone carrying a gun. And the fact that the person she had healed from the brink of death was pointing the gun at Elias and looked ready to kill ... She was having trouble understanding what was happening.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 30 January 2021 at 11:40 AM

"Because you never say nice things." Jaela says. She pauses for a moment. Were those voices? She looks around. "Do you hear that?" She asks Lyon.

Ralem nods a little bit. "Okay." He looks towards Ines. "I'll be right back, and I'll bring food." He smiles at her, then stands up and walks out of the cave. He looks around for plants he knew were safe.

Mikka stiffens. "What? I was just starting to like you! Why do you have to be a psycho murder dude?" She says to Sirin. She takes a step away from him.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 30 January 2021 at 12:07 PM

"Yeah, just put that gun down and we can talk!" Elias says, a bit desperately. He backs away even more. He was a great fighter and all, but that did nothing against a gun. His last resort was to use illusions though, and pray that Sirin fall for it.

Raina waves goodbye to Ralem. "I guess it's just us two right now," she says to Ines, "Do you want to play a game? It's called twenty questions."

1,467 posts

robinn • 30 January 2021 at 6:28 PM

"Now that you mention it, I do. It sounds like voices." Lyon scans the forest looking for the source of the sound.

"They're my targets, I'm not letting you get your hands on them." Sirin says.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 30 January 2021 at 7:40 PM

Jaela looks around, narrowing her eyes. She sees a flash of movement. "There." She crouches down a bit and walks towards it to investigate. She saw who it was and her eyes widened. A long strand of curse words fell out of her mouth. "Lyon..." She said, backing up. She hoped they wouldn't notice her.

Mikka makes a fast choice. "I could help you catch them." She offers. She didn't actually want to kill them, but anything to stay alive.

Ralem finds some wild carrots and pulls them out of the ground, brushing the dirt off them. He looks around for anything else, regretting not paying attention to his 'edible wild plants' conversation he had had months ago.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 30 January 2021 at 7:51 PM

"Sirin... Why...?" Lana finally snapped out of her shock. She slowly stepped next to Elias and held her hands out. A pink shield just large enough to protect them from the front appeared. She took deep breaths and tried not to stare at the gun. She could only hope she would be able to hold the shield long enough. "You can't do this." She was horrified that Sirin would think of killing someone of his own kind.

Ines watched Ralem leave. She didn't like that he was going alone. Something bad might happen. She might have just met the nice avians, but she really didn't want them to get hurt. Her gaze shot towards Raina when she mentions a game. "Yeah! How do you play?" She couldn't remember how to play any games... Except hide and seek... She had played that one a lot... At least, she thought she had...

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 30 January 2021 at 7:56 PM

Elias's eyes narrowed. They were his targets, not Sirin's. What did Sirin want with them anyway? But he definitely couldn't say that out loud with Lana next to him. "Let us go Sirin. We don't need to fight," he lies. His plan was to 'leave' and then double back to sneak up on Sirin.

(lol do you know the game? I just ran out of ideas so I was like let's play a game)
"Basically one of us thinks of something in a certain category, like let's say...animals. And then the other person asks questions to find out the answer. You win if you use 20 or under questions. It's a really fun game!" Raina explains, "Do you get it?"

1,467 posts

robinn • 30 January 2021 at 8:58 PM

"I could do that..." Sirin shoots Elias in the leg. "But where's the fun in that?"

"Are. You. Kidding. Me." Lyon growls when he spots Sirin. "He's supposed to be dead!" He says in a harsh whisper.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 31 January 2021 at 11:32 PM

(lol the return of Sirin and his bestie gun)
(Elias is big sad)
Elias grunts and stifles a yell as he falls to the ground, clutching his leg. His fingernails dig into his skin as he forces himself to stay quiet. He had to be quiet, the targets were nearby. Tears form in his eyes as the overwhelming pain takes over him. Blood pools out of the shot wound and stains his pants a crimson red. "You're going to pain for that," he snarls, anger burning in his eyes.