Avian Roleplay

in Roleplaying

How long would a wingspan have to be to lift a human off the ground? (Multiple answers allowed.)

1,327 posts

bgunny • 1 February 2021 at 10:20 AM

Lana winced when the sharp gunshot ran through the forest. She hated the sound. She gasped when Elias was hit. The shield flickered. She didn't know what to do. Help Elias with his wound or make the shield stronger... "Press down on the wound, Hunter," she said, focusing on making her shield larger and stronger so they were better protected. She could heal him if they got out of this alive. Elias seemed to be the one Sirin was most focused on killing, but Lana wasn't going to take her chances and try to join his side like Mikka was. "Sirin, stop shooting... You're going to alert your targets with the noise..."

(Yes, I've played the game before.)

Ines nodded. "I get it," she replied. "Let's play."

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 1 February 2021 at 2:30 PM

Elias obeys Lana and presses down on his leg. "When I count to three, we run. Don't look. Look away and run," he whispers out of gritted teeth to Lana. He gets ready to cast an illusion. His targets were right in front of him, but it wasn't worth the risk. Better to recuperate then come back.

"Okay, do you want to be the one who thinks of the thing, or the guesser?" Raina asks. She checks outside and frowns. Lyon and Jaela had been collecting berries or an awfully long time...But it wasn't like she could just leave Ines here and find them.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 2 February 2021 at 2:53 PM

"We need to warn the others. Hurry, while he's distracted with them." Jaela says, starting to creep backwards so they wouldn't alert them to their escape.

Ralem hears something moving not far off and eh frowns a bit. It sounded big, and possibly dangerous. He picked a few wild onions and hurried back to the cave. '

Mikka paled a bit and looked back at the targets. They were starting to back away. She opened her mouth to warn Sirin, then hesitated. While she really wanted to be on the gunner's good side, did she really want the blood of these two on her hands? She figured she would let them at least get out of view first, then alert Sirin. "Hey, you don't need to shoot him! He could help you first, then you shoot him." She says.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 2 February 2021 at 4:36 PM

Elias notices Mikka staring at them and he bristles, preparing to fight. Luckily, she doesn't say anything about them. Huh, maybe she wasn't so bad after all. It didn't matter now though, she was siding with Sirin. "1, 2, 3!" Elias counts. He conjures an illusion of humans with guns and sends them towards Sirin. Without looking back, he grabs Lana and runs as best as he could with a wounded leg.

1,467 posts

robinn • 3 February 2021 at 1:05 AM

Sirin quickly tests his wings. Good enough, he thinks. He shoots up into the air and lands a couple of feet behind Lyon and Jaela. "Miss me?" He asks with a smile.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 3 February 2021 at 9:40 AM

Lana ran with Elias when he grabbed her arm. The shield protecting them disappeared. She felt her heart race when she thought about Sirin with the gun, possibly pointed at them. She kept telling herself over and over again not to look back. She felt bad for Mikka and the other two avians and hoped they would be okay. She knew Elias and Sirin had been hunting for the two strangers, but she hadn't known it would lead to this.

"I can be the guesser," Ines replied. She glances outside when Raina did so. The older avian must be worried about her friends. They had been gone for awhile. "Unless you want to look for Lion, Jay, and Ralem."

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 3 February 2021 at 10:14 AM

Elias runs as fast as he can, ignoring the pain in his leg. He suddenly feels the world lurch out under him as he trips and falls over. He hisses in pain and tried to get up, but fails. He growls, this was not the time for this.

"It's actually Lyon and Jaela," Raina reminds as she chuckles, "Uhh it's fine. They can take care of themselves...probably." She looks away from the cave entrance. "Okay so....I'm thinking of an animal," she says.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 3 February 2021 at 1:10 PM

Jaela curses, spinning around to face him. "No, no we didn't." She says, lifting her hands into a fighting position. This was so bad... Something told her not everyone would survive this. "Miss us?"

Ralem walks into the cave and taps on the wall. "Hey guys." He holds up the carrots and wild onions he'd found.

Mikka walks towards the avians. There went any chance of them getting out of it alive. She stood next to a bush, watching in case anyone needed backup.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 3 February 2021 at 9:07 PM

"You're back," Raina says happily. She jumps up from where she was sitting, "I'm so happy you're safe! Did you see Lyon or Jaela out there though? They've been out for a pretty long time already...."

1,467 posts

robinn • 3 February 2021 at 11:32 PM

"Of course I missed you. All I've been thinking about is how much I want you all dead." Sirin points his gun at them. "So, where's the rest of your little friends?"

Lyon slowly reaches for his dagger.

"Stop moving and answer my question." Sirin says, pointing the gun at Lyon now. "Unless you want to get shot again."

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 4 February 2021 at 1:48 PM

"Creepy much?" Jaela lunges at Sirin while he was pointing the gun at Lyon, trying to knock him down.

Ralem shakes his head. "I didn't see them, but I did hear something moving out there. It sounded big." He says. "I found some food for you guys too." He holds the wild plants out to them. "They're safe, I promise."

Mikka jumps forwards towards them. "Sirin!" She pulls off her shoe and holds it out towards the white avian like a weapon, expecting him to do something.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 4 February 2021 at 2:08 PM

Raina starts to reach for one, but retracts her hand as she remembers the terrifying sensation of choking. "I'll pass..for now," she says nervously, "I'm not hungry."

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 4 February 2021 at 6:13 PM

Ralem nods a little. "I understand that." He takes one of the carrots and brushes the dirt off of it, then bites into it. "Ines?" He asks, seeing if she wanted one.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 4 February 2021 at 8:04 PM

Lana tripped when Elias fell. She twisted to be extra sure she didn't call on him and injure him further. She glances behind them and sighed with relief when she noticed Sirin or Mikka hadn't followed them. They were probably distracted by those others avians. Lana called to Elias' side. He had lost a lot of blood. "Here, stay still. I can heal this, and then we'll find a safe place where you can rest." She held her hand over his wound and called upon her magic.

"Does it live in the water?" Ines asked, right before Ralem stepped into the cave. "Ralem!" He was fine! He's hadn't eaten any berries and fallen asleep. She ran over to him and fluttered her wings happily. She nodded and held out her hands when he offered food.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 5 February 2021 at 3:26 PM

Elias tries to rise again before collapsing, "We..don't have time." He finally resigns himself to his fate and lies on the ground. He could feel some of his wound healing, and he sighs as he feels a bit better. The pain was still there and he wasn't sure if he could run, but at least he didn't feel like he was going to die. "Thanks," he mutters. He staggers up to his feet and shifts his weight to his uninjured leg.

"Hmm, yeah, it does!" Raina answers. She smiles as she watches Ines flutter her wings. "Oh Ralem! We're playing 20 questions! Would you like to join?"

1,467 posts

robinn • 5 February 2021 at 6:48 PM

Is that a shoe? Lyon wonders. He tries not to let that distract him. This new avian seemed to know Sirin, which means she must be hostile too. He pulls out his dagger and takes a defensive stance.

Sirin gets knocked back by Jaela's attack. He fires a bullet at her, barely missing her ear.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 8 February 2021 at 3:13 PM

Elias looks behind him just to see Sirin fighting his targets. Why was Sirin doing this? It seemed like he and the targets knew each other beforehand. He could see that both parties were distracted and immersed in fighting each other. Maybe he could...take them both out while they were fighting each other. He glances at his injured leg. He definitely would need help to pull that off though. He taps Lana, "Hey, what if we take them out instead of running?" he asks.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 9 February 2021 at 6:04 PM

Jaela winced at the deafening sound by her head. She tried to push it away and pin Sirin down.

"Pretty knife, flap-flap." Mikka said, looking at it and trying not to show how nervous it made her. "What are you gonna do with it?"

"Uh, sure." Ralem said as he passed Ines a carrot. "What number are you on?"

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 9 February 2021 at 6:29 PM

"Just the first one," Raina replies, "We just started. The creature I'm thinking of doesn't live in the water. Do you want to ask the second question?"

1,467 posts

robinn • 10 February 2021 at 12:59 AM

Why was this girl talking so much? "How do you know Sirin?" He asks, pointing his dagger at her.

Sirin gets knocked down by Jaela. He grabs onto her wrist and smirks. He uses his power on her.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 10 February 2021 at 12:50 PM

Jaela stops trying to pin him down, a confused expression on her face. She looks at his hand on her wrist and frowns. Who was this again? She looks at his face and panics. What was Sirin doing here? How had he snuck up on them? What was that ringing in her ear? She jumped up and scrambled away from him.

"I don't. I just met the guy, but I figure it's better to stay on his good side, and I think I can do that by distracting you." Mikka grins.

"Um, sure. Does it fly?" Ralem asks, sitting down criss-cross-applesauce.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 10 February 2021 at 12:59 PM

(guys oh shoot I answered wrong the creature does live in the water)
(ahhhhhhhhhhhh)
(okay just pretend it doesn't sorry @bgunny)
(help help help, I guess I'll think of a creature that doesn't live in water now)
"Yeah," Raina responds, "You guys are getting pretty close!"

1,467 posts

robinn • 11 February 2021 at 11:55 PM

"There's no getting on his good side. He'll treat you like he treats the rest of us." Lyon grabs the arm holding the shoe and presses his dagger dangerously close to the girl's throat. "So stay out of my way."

Sirin guessed by Jaela's confused expression that he'd erased a good chunk of memories. He wonders how far he could push it. He swoops an attack at her legs in an attempt to knock her down.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 12 February 2021 at 8:54 PM

(Oof)
"Is it... Random guess, me?" Ralem smiles.

Mikk looks scared when the white avian moves his knife closer to her. "Duly noted." She says, trying to be calm. "It's still better to try than to be on his death list."

The longer Jaela stood, the more confused she got. The hostile-looking one... Sirin moves towards her so fast that in her confused state she didn't react fast enough. She falls with a yelp and scrambles back, away from him. She repeated what was happening in her head to try and clear it. Sirin was here. He was trying to kill them because they basically killed him. Sirin was here. He was trying to kill them because they basically killed him. The more she thought it, the clearer her mind got and the better she felt.

1,467 posts

robinn • 12 February 2021 at 9:44 PM

Lyon gives up on trying to reason with her. He pulls on her arm and flips her over onto her back. "I don't have time to mess around with you."

Sirin leaps forward and grabs Jaela by the throat. He focuses all of his power into his hand.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 12 February 2021 at 10:12 PM

Mikka grunts and drops her shoe, kicking at him. "That's a shame... Oh look." She looked past the white avian to see Sirin attack the gold one.

"Lyon!" Jaela screams, legitimately scared for her life. She tries to push him away from her. "Help!" Her memory faded a little more. Why did her voice hurt? Did she yell? Where was she? Why was this guy holding her neck? What was happening?! All the questions in her head built up and she couldn't think and danger danger red alert who is he what's happening... Everything faded into silent darkness.

1,467 posts

robinn • 12 February 2021 at 10:32 PM

(Oh no why do I feel bad for doing this now)

"Jaela!" Lyon yells. He races toward her only to be stopped by a loud bang and pain in his wing.

"Don't come any closer." Sirin says, pointing the gun at Lyon. He notices that Jaela's unconscious now. He scoops her up in his arms and gently shakes her shoulder. "Are you okay?" He asks her, faking concern.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 12 February 2021 at 10:54 PM

(Because we just framed Lyon for assisted murder again crap)

Mikka was so glad she wasn't the target of that shot. She gets to her feet and moves towards the bushes again. She wonders if Elias and Lana got away.

(Jaela, but don't worry she might remember her name)
The girl slowly regains consciousness. She blinks, her vision hazy. Her mind felt blank. Her neck was sore. She was being held by a dark grey-haired boy with wings. He didn't look much older than her. She looked around a look of innocent confusion on her face. A monochrome white boy with a weird outfit stood not so far away with blood dripping from his wing. She looked back at the one that looked concerned and much less dangerous. "Who are you?" She asked softly.

1,467 posts

robinn • 12 February 2021 at 11:53 PM

"You don't remember me? I'm a friend, don't worry." Sirin says. "I think that guy did something to you." He points at Lyon. "Do you think you can fly? It's not safe here."

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 13 February 2021 at 12:28 PM

"Yeah, I think I can fly... " She tried to free herself from his grip. "How do I know you're a friend? I don't remember anything about you, or him." She gestures to the white avian. "Or myself..." She finished softly. Why couldn't she remember anything? Her mind felt like a blank slate.