Video Game: Reality

in Roleplaying

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 27 June 2019 at 10:07 PM

You're characters in a realistic video game. You can have as many powers as you want, be as over powered as you want, but if you die, you'll respawn without them and you'll have to re-earn them. There are 5 spawn points at which if you die, you'll respawn randomly.

1: The Firelands: A volcano littered with skeletons and lava rock
2: The Forest of the Fey: A vibrant green forest that is safe in any way possible unless you're really trying to die, like jumping out of a tree
3: The Meadow: Basically a normal meadow.
4: The City: A place teeming with bandits and thieves that would rob you if they had a chance
5: The Ocean. A clear blue ocean filled with sea life like whales, deadly jellyfish, sharks and seals.

We'll start the game at the City. You can be one of 3 things. A Human, A Cyborg or a nonhuman like an animal/human hybrid. Or just an animal. Being able to transform is a power you earn.

Rules:
1. No abbriviations.
2. Use good grammar.
3. Follow the Eggcave rules.
4. No instantly knowing where somone is unless they tell you where they are. You can't teleport without a power you earn. At least look for them for two posts.
5. Killing is okay because you respawn, just don't do it like it's no big deal.
6. Have fun. That's the most important rule.
7. Feel free to kill off your own characters if you can't keep track of them.

We'll start after 4 people join.

Name:
Appearance/link to picture:
Backstory:
Powers(3 to start with, add more as the rp goes on):
What you are:
Quirks(at least two):
Anything else:

Pings:
@summerglow4a
@bgunny
@pretzel
@thelaizywolf2019
@asrieldreemurr
@arcana
@wigglytuff

Feel free to ping people!

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 28 June 2019 at 10:19 AM

@wingedfox I wanna join, but what’s the plot? 😱 and how do you earn powers?

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 28 June 2019 at 12:17 PM

Oh, sorry. Thanks for pointing that out.

How you earn powers is you level up by finding things to eat, defeating enemies, finishing quests (there's a bag all players will have with them at all times, no matter how small it is. It buzzes when you finish a quest and you can open the bag to see what the quest is) and finding secret nooks and places in the world. (I'll tell you when you find a power, You decide what it is. You can have your player find a nook with a glowing gold thing inside and when you touch the gold thing, you get the power. The gold or colored thing can look like anything that represents the power.)

The goal? Become the most powerful player. The plot? There's a dark wizard trying to corrupt the land. You earn powers to defeat her. The more powerful you are, the easier it would be. If you defeat her, you becone the wizard and it's your turn to corrupt the land or do something with it. When you become the wizard, you automatically get all the powers possible and you can do almost anything imaginable in the game. You can be as overpowered as you want. You can always die, though.

Does that make sense? Let me know if you have more questions.

Female
785 posts

pretzel • 28 June 2019 at 7:26 PM

@wingedfox
Question:
So we start without the powers?

Name: Beet
Appearance/link to picture: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/131097039122583265
Backstory:
Powers(3 to start with, add more as the rp goes on): Manipulating, Intellegence, and the Ability to turn into a human (These are all related to the Japanese foktale Kitsune )
What you are: Animal (Kitsune)
Quirks(at least two): The ability to turn himself into human usually fails leaving him to be a Kitsune and if it works it on lasts for 30 minutes. He must stay in the shade if he decides to stay in the sun it would be only 5 minutes till he dies and respawns somewhere.

Anything else:A kitsune may take on human form, an ability learned when it reaches a certain age – usually 100 years. As a common prerequisite for the transformation, the fox must place reeds, a leaf, or a skull over its head.[16] Common forms assumed by kitsune include beautiful women, young girls, elderly men, and less often young boys. These shapes are not limited by the fox's own age or gender,[6] and a kitsune can duplicate the appearance of a specific person.
(I grabbed that from the wikipedia.)

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 29 June 2019 at 10:40 AM

@wingedfox

Name: Sakura Winters
Appearance: https://pin.it/uj6s7r4qtk3gye ,Human form: White flowing majestic hair with brown antlers. Has a red oval marking on her forehead. Wears white armour covered in scarlet markings.
Backstory: In the real world: Sakura is a successful business woman. She likes playing games, when her father introduced her to it. In game: Sakura is ancient race of dragon, thought to be extinct.
Powers(3 to start with, add more as the rp goes on): Can breathe(or summon) some sort light element mixed with an ice elemental plasma ball (only in dragon form), can shapeshift into anything, and can manipulate time.
What you are: An Eastern (or Japanese) dragon
Quirks(at least two): She is a total workcaholic. Also, she really is very suspicious about everyone she first meets.
Anything else: She is an asexual (but momentarily)

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 29 June 2019 at 11:34 AM

(there is no real world for them, to clarify. They're characters in a video game)
(@pretzel you start with three then get more as it goes on.)
(I didn't add a personality thing in the form because personalities sometimes change as the rp goes on)

Here is my character:

Name: Plaga Mortis
Appearance/link to picture: https: //i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx5/ErreAkikaze/Annie-4.jpg
Backstory: She was separated from her family in an evil war and when she went back to find them, she watched them die at the wizard's hands. She wants him dead more than anything because of it.
Powers: Super speed, Super agility and the power to steal warmpth out of people so she can expel it from her sword in a huge blast of firey doom
What you are: Human
Quirks(at least two): Has mental breakdowns without warning, usually when she sees something that reminds her of her history.
Anything else: Her eyes were once black. Something changed them to blue. Her name means Plague of Death

1,467 posts

robinn • 29 June 2019 at 11:35 AM

(I plan on joining, I just need to finish filling out the character template.)

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 29 June 2019 at 12:15 PM

@summerglow4a Sounds good!

1,478 posts

arcana • 29 June 2019 at 12:26 PM

Name: Aolia Litheryin
Appearance: Aolia has brown wings, hair and eyes. She is moderately tall and her wings have white flecks throughout them
Backstory: Raised in a peaceful part of the world, but was sent by her family to help in a war effort by healing soldiers. Her wings were clipped after her first escape attempt. After the war was over, she ran and came to the city to find a better life.
Powers: Flight(wings), cryokinesis, and healing.
Quirks: Fire can damage her badly and send her into a panic attack, and plucking one of her feathers disables her wings for at least a day. Aversion to gore, blood, injuries, but if she is healing herself or others who matter to her, she will do it.
Other: Has a bit of an accent, and enjoys singing. Nicknamed "Sparrow" by one of her former friends.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 29 June 2019 at 12:29 PM

@arcana I like this character already.

1,478 posts

arcana • 29 June 2019 at 12:30 PM

@wingedfox
Thank you!

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 29 June 2019 at 12:38 PM

@arcana @thelaizywolf2019 @pretzel We can start now. @summerglow4a @wigglytuff You can still join in as soon as you finish your character sheets if you want to join.

Plaga stepped silently through the dark alleyways of the city. Skittering sounds came from all sides of her without warning and she jumped. A spiderlike being lowered itself down from who-know-where and said in a whispery voice that sent chills up her spine: "Do you have it yet?"
"I wouldn't be here if I hadn't. I hate it here." Plaga said bluntly. She pulled a large, cold gem out of her bag. It gently glowed from within. The spiderlike thing snatched it out of her hand and tossed her a bag of coins.
"Nice doing buisiness with you." It hissed. It somehow raised itself back up to where it had come from and vanished. Plaga whistled a tune as she rejoined the bustle of the busy streets.

1,478 posts

arcana • 29 June 2019 at 12:56 PM

Aolia walked around the marketplace, looking for few ingredients for some potions. It was considerably awkward, especially when people bumped into her wings. She sighed. It had been nearly two weeks since the clippings. In a hour, she would be able to fly safely.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 29 June 2019 at 12:59 PM

Plaga leaned against a building to watch the crowds. She put the gold in her pocket just as she spotted someting that shouldn't have caught her eye. Wings. There weren't many people with wings in this city. She stood up to silently tail the person.

1,478 posts

arcana • 29 June 2019 at 1:01 PM

Aolia walked up to her favorite apothecary and struck up a deal for a few herbs. Walking away with a bit of a bargain, she returned to her "home", which was truly an abandoned apartment.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 29 June 2019 at 1:04 PM

An apothecary? Why would anyone go there? Are there powers you can get? Like controlling plants? She thought, raising an eyebrow. She followed her until the crowds began to thin and sat against the house across the street from the abandoned building to wait.

1,478 posts

arcana • 29 June 2019 at 1:06 PM

Crushing the herbs in her makeshift mortar and pestle, she made a poultice to apply to her wings. (Note: The wings do not need the poultice to heal, it's just faster.) Finishing, she sighed and exercised her wings.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 29 June 2019 at 1:10 PM

Plaga pulled her sword out of is sheath and tan her finger along the pure silver blade. The clean metal had no discernable flaws. She grinned and sheathed it again.

1,478 posts

arcana • 29 June 2019 at 1:13 PM

@wingedfox
(Are you fine if an hour passes in the RP?)

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 29 June 2019 at 1:14 PM

(@arcana Yup)

1,478 posts

arcana • 29 June 2019 at 1:17 PM

"Finally!", Aolia exclaimed. She washed off the poultice and stretched her wings again. Rushing outside, she soared above the buildings and laughed happily. Noticing Plaga, she alighted on her own building to talk to her.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 29 June 2019 at 1:20 PM

Plaga silently watched the bird girl fly around. She watched as she landed on the building. She kept a poker face on.

1,478 posts

arcana • 29 June 2019 at 1:25 PM

Seeing that she was being quiet and she also didn't look like she wanted to talk, Aolia waved and went into her house.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 29 June 2019 at 1:48 PM

Plaga stood up and walked the long way around the old apartment to examine it from all sides.

1,467 posts

robinn • 29 June 2019 at 3:09 PM

Name: Elowen Linden
Appearance/link to picture: Long wavy red hair, tied up in a loose side ponytail. Hazel eyes.
Backstory: Recently has been very interested in collecting powers
Powers: Plant manipulation, can heal himself in sunlight, poison touch (He can control it)
What you are: human
Quirks: He’s a little clumsy.
Anything else:

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 29 June 2019 at 6:55 PM

@wingedfox I’ll start with these characters, will probably add more later on ^^ and thanks for the clarification!

Name: Sky Haskins
Appearance/link to picture: A little taller than average height; she has light blonde hair, pale blue eyes and fox ears that help her hear. She wears navy blue low tops, a white hoodie, and yoga pants.
Backstory: She doesn’t remember anything about her family or past before she lost memory when she was 8, and somehow ended up in the City. She lived there and is self-taught in fighting.
Powers: Eternal youth, able to turn into a 3-tailed, larger-than-average-size fox, and can control ice.
What you are: Mostly human, small part fox
Quirks(at least two): Really bad at remembering things, is obsessed with finding out her past when she has free time, and has some trust issues.
Anything else: Has a few friends here and there, but doesn't see them much

Name: Raven Whispersong
Appearance/link to picture: Wavy, long, black sideswept hair, pale skin, and purple eyes that glow when she uses her powers. She wears fingerless gloves, a black tank top, jean shorts, boots and a hooded cape that she pulls down over her face when in public to avoid eye contact or attention
Backstory: Grew up by herself and never really knows anyone in person
Powers: Can control animals and plants that are stereotypically thought of as “evil” (Spiders, snakes, bats, thorns, scorpions, etc) and shadows
What you are: Half human, half shadow
Quirks: Really dark and keeps to herself, doesn't reply on others or have any friends
Anything else: She lives in a house in a forest near the city with lots of larger than normal animals that keep her company and will help her fight

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 29 June 2019 at 7:15 PM

Sakura stood still as a leaf. She enjoyed the peaceful nature of the Meadow.

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 29 June 2019 at 7:57 PM

Sky walked into a crowded marketplace in the City. She needed food, but she only had enough money to buy rations that would last her for a few days at most. Trying to seem casual, Sky walked up to a stand selling bread and placed all her money on the counter. "How much can this buy me?"
"About 4 loaves," The seller mumbled as he picked up a gold coin and examined it.
"How about 5?" Sky bargained.
"4, and only 4," the seller growled.
Sky sighed and took the 4 loaves of bread. As the seller recounted and pocketed the money, she secretly took another two loaves and casually walked away.
"Hey!" The standkeeper roared. "Come back here, or else!"
Sky broke into a run and turned into an alleyway to catch her breath and eat some bread. I wonder if my life before I lost my memory was like this, she thought.

Female
839 posts

thelaizywolf2019 • 29 June 2019 at 8:00 PM

Sakura decided to check the city. She flies over there. When she landed in a market. People began staring and crowding over her.

"Gods she is beautiful!" One said.

"I thought her race was extinct!" Another said.

She smiled as she saw children stroking her fur.

1,467 posts

robinn • 29 June 2019 at 8:06 PM

Elowen wanders through the crowded stalls of the marketplace. He was searching for a certain shop. His face lights up when he spots it. He rushes toward the stand selling books. He picks up a book and flips through it, checking to see if it had any information on finding more powers.