Healing Tides (Mermaid RPG) Official RPG Thread

in Roleplaying

Female
266 posts

starlight123 • 26 July 2019 at 9:29 PM

Looking For The Signups? Click Here >>> ❤️
Centuries had passed since the banishment of Aeturnus, and the siren and the mer community have continued to be enemies, with the true reasons behind how the rivilary started becoming more and more blurred every single generation. Mers started to believe the real reason they hated sirens was because they were violent and evil. Sirens hated mers because they always portrayed the sirens as bloodthirsty monsters.
Although separate, the mer and the siren communities have become strong and prosperous, expanding across the seven seas and all around the world. The hybrids, which were all thrown into an isolated part of the Pacific, have either formed gangs with each other or remained loners who fend for themselves. But for the most part, everything was normal in all three communities.
Recently, though, seaquakes started to become more common. Each community has been attacked by strange plagues or animals. The superstitious elders believe it is because Aeturnus is rising again, ready to inflict greater damage to the communities. However, members of the royal family, nobility, and scientists have all brushed it off as "the sea having one of it's phases again."
Not believing a single word the royalty, nobility, and scientist utter, curious young mer, sirens, and hybrids go venturing off in hopes of finding the true cause of these seaquakes. If they ever bump into each other, will they team up? Or will they destroy each other?
~No Powerplaying
~No cursing. If you're gonna curse, put astericks or just smack the keyboard. Ex: "Oh ****!" "What the ^@&*#&@^@*???" "Ok who the asdbfakdsjb did that?"
~No Mary or Gary Sues. Your character can’t be perfect!
~Try to keep an even amount of sirens and mer
~Max of 3 characters per person.
~Put you character's favorite food in the "Important Facts" section to show you have read all the rules
~More Rules Can Be Added If Necessary
~@wigglytuff / Neraiya / 17 / F / Straight / Close To Royalty (so at least considered Noble+)
~@arcana / Asia / 14 / F / Bi / Noble
~@AsrielDreemurr / Onceans / 15 / M / Straight / Training to be a knight

Hybrids (user/character/age/gender/sexuality)
~@alicevamill / Alice / 14 / F / Bi
~@wigglytuff / Kyren / 14, almost 15 / M / Pan
~@starlight123 / Conway / 17 / M / Ace
~@AsrielDreemurr / Mira / 15 / F / Straight

Sirens (user/character/age/gender/sexuality/ranking)
~@arcana / Aseha / 18 / F / Straight / Lower Ranked Warrior
~@cleokitty / Aloysius (Al for short) / 15 / M / Gay / Nobility (Knight In Training)
~@summerglow4a / Lir / 17 / M / Aro-Ace / Noble (Son Of A Lord)
~@AsrielDreemurr / Zoë / 15 / F / Ace / Royalty

Female
277 posts

alicevamill • 26 July 2019 at 9:33 PM

s**t

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 26 July 2019 at 9:52 PM

@arcana should we start together?0.o and where should we start if yes?

1,478 posts

arcana • 26 July 2019 at 11:23 PM

@wigglytuff
I think we could start together at a party, if that's okay with you!

Female
266 posts

starlight123 • 27 July 2019 at 1:24 AM

(In this paragraph, I will mention a random place called Zyros, which is the land between the siren and mer communities. Most people, including hybrids, tend to avoid that place because there's always a chance you could bump into a rival. Feel free to make up new places in this RPG, and I'll make a small "map" in the introduction paragraph)

Kailani
Kailani grabbed her brown satchel, stuffing a few old scrolls into her bag, and swam off to find her commoner uniform and a small sack of gold. Although there was no big need to hide her status to the commoners, she found it more comfortable to swim around in the marketplace unnoticed and unacknowledged.

A few days ago, while she was in the marketplace, she overheard some of the townspeople gossip about a shipwreck that had happened a few miles southwest from Zyros, the land between the siren and mer communities. She had asked Clark, the sales clerk who's stand she was currently at, about any additional rumors he might have heard about the shipwreck.

"If I were you," Clark cautiously, "I wouldn't even think to go near the shipwreck. Now, I know you like adventure and exploring, but going to this shipwreck is a horrible idea. You heard those merman talking about it being close to Zyros. What if the sirens or hybrids had decided to investigate it first? You could end up dead if they find you."

"But Clark, what if I have the right weapons to fight them off?"

"It still could be dangerous."

"Life isn't suppose to be safe. Besides, what if the ship holds something special, like a lost artifact?" Kailani suggested, eyes glittering with excitement.

"Why would a lost HUMAN artifact have any value to us?"

Kailani shrugged, resting her elbows on Clark's stand. "I don't know, but-"

Clark shook his head. "If you want to explore it so much, then go ahead. I won't stop you. But you need to think rationally. Do you think a siren or hybrid will spare the life of a mer like yourself? Please. Bring all the weapons you want, but if you aren't going to kill them, they're going to kill you. All they want is a little bloodshed."

Kailani smiled, "If it's a little bloodshed they want, then it's a little bloodshed they'll get. Don't worry about me, Clark. I always find a way to swim out of trouble."

So, Kailani was now doing what Clark had warned her against. Since he wasn't going to stop her, what reason did she have to not go? She swam over to the marketplace, quickly purchasing a whalebone dagger, before she headed off to Zyros.

She opened one of the old scrolls she had, which was a map of the mer and siren communities. She stopped a few fish to ask them were the shipwreck was, just to make sure she was going in the right direction. It didn't take very long to get to the ship, since she was swimming at her top speed. She paused, examining the quality of the wood. As much as Kailani enjoyed the thrill of adventure, she did not want to get herself trapped in a shipwreck. She swam around the perimeter of the ship, checking for any holes wide enough for her to sneak her. Most of the holes were on the bottom of the ship, meaning it probably sank because the water filled the bottom of the ship.

After a few more examinations, she picked a medium sized hole and swam in.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 27 July 2019 at 1:42 AM

(I have made a place named Hyla. Hyla is a shrine dedicated to the ocean. I also forgot Mira carries a shark tooth dagger and a satchel.)
Mira
Mira breaks some rocks and examines them. She places them back and sees some seaweed. She cuts it off and stuffs it into her satchel. She sees a Mer swims in and readies her dagger.

1,478 posts

arcana • 27 July 2019 at 1:54 AM

Asia swam around from group to group at the party, picking all sorts of valuable tidbits of information. Storing a few to tell her mother, she struck up a chat with another young mermaid. "Asia! Did you hear? Kailani slipped out of the party again! She's probably going to explore or something again!" Nodding and jumping into another conversation, Asia looked for Neraiya to tell her what information she had on the latest poor soul to incur Neraiya's wrath. Asia frowned. If she had to spend time looking for her, she could miss out on gossip. Ugh, she thought. Neraiya's special "caviar", or whatever it is, better be worth it.

Trans Male
905 posts

cleokitty • 27 July 2019 at 2:07 AM

Aloysius groaned. Training had been brutal today, and his coach was nothing but strict. He understood how lucky he was to have gotten a knight position to train for, and he was told it would be difficult, but jeez he was exhausted. Al’s arms ached and were covered in recently acquired bruises from his class’s sparring. He didn’t win spars very often, but in his defense a lot of the boys he was put up against were very pretty. Aloysius ran his red-webbed fingers through his disheveled hair and swam away from the class 2.B knight training grounds. He thought briefly about treating himself to a nice snack from the market, but decided against it. Right now, Al wanted some alone time to think and watch the local colorful fish, so he swam to the nearby corral reefs. The corral reefs were always a sight to behold, and a perfect place to unwind.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 27 July 2019 at 2:10 AM

Zoë
Zoë finishes treating a fish in the coral reefs and looks up. Another siren swims near her.

Trans Male
905 posts

cleokitty • 27 July 2019 at 2:25 AM

Aloysius closed his eyes and turned onto his back, allowing himself to drift with the slow reef currents. The sun was bright today, and he couldn’t open his eyes fully while looking at the sky, but he didn’t mind! The warmth felt nice.
When he opened his eyes again he saw a flick of smooth green movement.. another siren! Al flashed her a friendly toothy smile and a half-wave as he passed.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 27 July 2019 at 2:28 AM

Zoë
Zoë smiles and waves back. She swims to him. "Hi!"

1,478 posts

arcana • 27 July 2019 at 2:40 AM

Aseha frowns. It didn't look like there was anyone to spar with today. Sighing, she swam off to exercise her tail.

Trans Male
905 posts

cleokitty • 27 July 2019 at 3:03 AM

Aloysius was a little taken aback by the upfront greeting, there goes his alone time, but he didn’t mind. It wouldn’t kill him to have a pleasant conversation and meet a new person every now and then, after all, and this siren seemed nice!
Al swam out of the current and stopped in front of the stranger. He felt a little out of it today, but that wouldn’t be an excuse to be rude.
“Do you come here often?”, he asked. That was a pretty solid conversation starter!

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 27 July 2019 at 3:10 AM

Zoë
"Yeah," Zoë beams. Maybe he didn't recognise her. Maybe she could actually get a friend!

Trans Male
905 posts

cleokitty • 27 July 2019 at 3:17 AM

“Wow cool!” Al responded with a smile, “this is one of my favorite places to be, the fish are so pretty! Just watch out for the crabs, they’re not very friendly. Found that out the hard way!” He laughed, putting up his pointer finger with a faint, claw induced scar.
He put out that same hand, offering a hand shake, “I’m Aloysius, but you can just call me Al if you want!”

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 27 July 2019 at 3:21 AM

Zoë
"The crabs aren't so bad, they're just territorial," Zoë shakes his hand. "I'm Zoë!"

Female
277 posts

alicevamill • 27 July 2019 at 8:21 AM

*she swam into the shipwreck and saw someone else in the shipwreck with her when she swam to hide she knocked something down*s**t

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 27 July 2019 at 9:38 AM

(I don't think Neraiya gossips a lot or spreads rumors, but she does like a goo dolls juicy bit of tea here and there xD)

New Place: Atlantis
Atlantis is a place far away from both territories. Legends say that it was it was once a prosperous city inhabited by creatures that looked neither exactly like mer, hybrids, nor siren, but similar to all three. Not many people have been able to even locate Atlantis. Most who have have not been seen for many years, and the others keep the secret for themselves.
An ancient story tells of treasures in Atlantis that were crafted by the creatures that lived there, and some are even rumored to give wealth, unimaginable power, or even immortality (although so far none have been found). This story has only been passed down through specific family lines and only a few believe it's true. Those who know the story are supposed to be prohibited from telling others.
But the lands the Altantis are rumored to be in (called the Abysmal Lands) are very dangerous, and only a handful of those who have wandered into those lands have returned in one piece.

Kyren studied the scroll his grandfather had given to him before he died. He was once an explorer and always wandered around the Abysmal Lands. Although he never found Atlantis, he created a map that covered most of the land around it. (Anyone wanna go find Atlantis with me? xD)

Female
277 posts

alicevamill • 27 July 2019 at 9:51 AM

lol

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 27 July 2019 at 9:53 AM

After preparing and training for days, Kyren was ready to go out to explore the Abysmal Lands. He had lots of food and supplies that would last him a few weeks.
He started to swim out towards the direction the map said.

Female
277 posts

alicevamill • 27 July 2019 at 10:01 AM

should our characters meet @wigglytuff

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 27 July 2019 at 10:27 AM

Mira
Mira hears a thud. Biting her lip, swims back a little and grips her dagger more tightly.

Female
277 posts

alicevamill • 27 July 2019 at 10:36 AM

*she looked at mira and her dagger*dont hurt me

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 27 July 2019 at 10:50 AM

Mira
"Who are you? Why are you here? Are you a Mer or Siren?" Mira points her dagger at her throat, threatening if she didn't answer, blood would be spilled.

1,478 posts

arcana • 27 July 2019 at 11:30 AM

(@wigglytuff since Neraiya blackmails people, Asia is helping her get some information.)
Aseha wandered into a coral reef and spotted two other sirens chatting. Swimming by, she gave them a friendly wave. Finally getting to a special spot of hers, she started eating her lunch.

Female
277 posts

alicevamill • 27 July 2019 at 11:56 AM

im uh a hybrid*she was close to tears*

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 27 July 2019 at 12:13 PM

@arcana oh, ok xD

Neraiya looked around and saw Asia. She walked up to her. "Hey," She said, waving. "Anything new?"

@alicevamill which characters? But otherwise, sure ^^

1,478 posts

arcana • 27 July 2019 at 12:23 PM

Asia:
"Yep! Got some information on that noble! Looks like he has some dealings with hybrids."
Aseha:
Getting up, she started to wander the reef.

Female
277 posts

alicevamill • 27 July 2019 at 1:02 PM

how about neraiya

Female
4,575 posts

wigglytuff • 27 July 2019 at 2:24 PM

@alicevamill sure ^^

"I'll see what I can do with that later," Neraiya said, glancing over at the noble. "And thanks,"