To Save a Ruined World

in Roleplaying

1,467 posts

robinn • 10 October 2019 at 5:44 PM

"You're a nice mutant, right? You won't hurt us?" Rayne asks.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 10 October 2019 at 6:08 PM

"Um..." Jean started. "I don't think I will. I've never felt particularly-HOLY SMOKES ARE YOU OKAY?" He exclaimed upon seeing Rayne's wound.
(Is it still there?)

1,467 posts

robinn • 10 October 2019 at 6:41 PM

"Oh, this?" Rayne says, looking at his leg. "I'm still on an adrenaline rush, so I barely feel any pain. But I'm worried it will get infected."

1,327 posts

bgunny • 10 October 2019 at 10:02 PM

Ivy~
Tori, Tori, Tori, Tori, I think the girl’s name in my head a few times. I didn’t want to forget. It would be just like me to forget someone’s name. My gaze jumps over to the woods just like Tori. I don’t relax as quickly as her. I’d learned to expect the worse possible scenario. There was a lot of rustling and cracking going on in the forest. I didn’t think it would be just because a few sticks were falling. It could be a normal animal, but if it was a shadow, I didn’t want to take any chances. My hand rests on the hilt of my dagger. I probably wouldn’t use it, killing the one raccoon had been enough death to last me a lifetime. The dagger made me feel stronger to have it. That was basically the only reason I kept it. “It’s no problem at all,” I say. I kept the forest in the corner of my eye, but I continued walking down the road. “My house isn’t very far away. I haven’t seen people in a long time, so it’d be nice to have some company.” I return Tori's smile.

1,478 posts

arcana • 10 October 2019 at 10:31 PM

Tori smiled and her eyes flicked to woods after an especially loud rustle. After walking for a bit, she mentioned what was on her mind "So, you've said that you haven't seen people in a long time. What's that been like?" She looked like she had been surviving mostly based on luck, especially with how she had handled those raccoons. Tori had been shocked, and had hidden it, when she had guessed that these survivors had been living alone. She supposed it was probably normal, but her life had made it seem so ... foreign.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 11 October 2019 at 1:06 PM

"Uh... That's pretty ugly... Do you want some help with it? I have medical supplies in my backpack." Jean stopped rummaging through everything and pulled out a roll of bandages along with a tube of herbal ointment.

Serafina leapt from tree to tree until she reached the one above the two things. Upon further inspection, she found that they were humans.

1,467 posts

robinn • 11 October 2019 at 2:45 PM

"Sure, I guess." Rayne takes off his boot and rolls up his pant leg.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 11 October 2019 at 3:54 PM

Emilia tried to sneak up upon some of the figures that seemed to have gathered in the fog. Were they humans too?

Niall looked at the mutant suspiciously, but finding nothing wrong he relaxed. "Nice to see some humans around here, huh? So what are all of your names." He snapped his head up and looked around as he heard a slight noise, finding nothing. Must have been his imagination.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 11 October 2019 at 5:12 PM

Jean knelt down by Rayne's leg and carefully pushed up the pant up a little more. "I'm Jean." He said to Niall. He spread some ointment on the wound as carefully as he could with his claws and wrapped a few layers of bandages around it. He cut the extra with his claw and put the ointment and the bandage back in his bag. He stood back up. "Try that out." He said.

Serafina kept watching them with interest.

1,467 posts

robinn • 11 October 2019 at 8:29 PM

"Thank you, I feel much better now." He says. "I'm Rayne, nice to meet you."

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 11 October 2019 at 9:58 PM

"No problemo." Jean replied brightly. "Nice to meet you too."

1,467 posts

robinn • 11 October 2019 at 11:46 PM

"I was heading to the village nearby to get some supplies. Where are you guys headed?" Rayne asks.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 13 October 2019 at 9:59 PM

Ivy~
I consider how to answer Tori’s question. Should I tell the full truth or should I mix some lies with the truth? I hated myself for thinking about lying. I wasn’t one to tell a lie. I saw no reason why I should anyway. It was an innocent question. “It’s lonely,” I admit. “I used to travel with someone, but… we stopped a year ago.” It hurt too much to talk about Stellan’s death. I wasn’t about to share that with someone I’d just met. “And even when I was with him, we rarely ever saw any humans. I wasn’t as lonely as now, although it was still eerie to see the world so empty.” I comb my fingers through my hair as I think how else my life had changed ever since I’d been alone. “It’s also hard. I’m only still alive because of luck and because I hide and stay overly cautious.” I peer into the forest some more. There was something in there. I knew it. “Have you traveled alone or do you live with others?” I asked. By her question, I was guessing she lived with humans.

(Is it okay if Ivy or Tori see Serafina or do you want to keep her hidden?)

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 14 October 2019 at 2:39 PM

(It's alright if they see her. She's figuring out how evil Ivy and Tori are right now.)

Jean grinned. "I just came form a nearby village. It's completely deserted. I was heading towards wherever the evil is coming from to see if I could stop it."

1,467 posts

robinn • 14 October 2019 at 2:56 PM

"You're trying to take down the hero?" Rayne asks.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 14 October 2019 at 3:00 PM

"Hero, Shmero. Whoever it is is the reason all the shadow creatures destroying things and killing people. I want to help stop it." Jean replies.

1,467 posts

robinn • 14 October 2019 at 3:06 PM

"You're not serious, right? If they are powerful enough to cause all of this, do you really think you can stop them?" Rayne says.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 14 October 2019 at 3:32 PM

"Nope, not really. But I'd rather do something than sit in my house and watch my friends die at the hands-or paws of those creatures." Jean replied stoically.

1,467 posts

robinn • 14 October 2019 at 4:01 PM

"You're right. For the longest time, I thought I was the last one, so my focus was survival. Now I know there are other people out there and they're dying to those monsters. Let me help you." Rayne says.

1,478 posts

arcana • 14 October 2019 at 4:12 PM

Tori felt a little twinge, a little bit of guilt that she wanted to abandon the safety and family that she had known, while so many people were suffering alone. She wanted be free though. She wanted to fight, risk her life, not stay stagnant. "Well, I've been living with a group, but I suppose... Oh, my god, I sound selfish, but I wanted to be free to do what I wanted. I guess a lot of other people would love to live in group. I was born after the apocalypse started, so I got to adapt to this."

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 14 October 2019 at 8:58 PM

Niall paused considering for a moment, "I'm in too. My family doesn't understand that we need to help others too, so I'll do it for them."

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 18 October 2019 at 2:39 PM

Jean grinned. "Alright. Sounds good to me." He said.

Serafina grabbed another branch and adjusted her footing on the tree.

1,467 posts

robinn • 20 October 2019 at 12:13 AM

"You said you were going to find the source of the evil, right? Do you know where you are going?" Rayne asks Jean.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 20 October 2019 at 2:58 PM

"Nope. I just noticed that most of the monsters that show up in my village come from this way, so I was going this way." Jean replies.

1,467 posts

robinn • 20 October 2019 at 5:22 PM

"I guess that makes sense. We shouldn't stay out here too long, it's going to get dark soon." Rayne says.

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 20 October 2019 at 8:55 PM

Niall nodded, "We could stop by my house to get something." He would miss his parents...but it would be for the greater good if he could save more lives.

Emilia perked up as she heard a voice say that he had resources. She could follow the group, and then ambush them and steal a bit of the supplies. A part of her conscious flinched in guilt, but she smoothed it down. Besides, that kid was probably loaded...right?

1,327 posts

bgunny • 20 October 2019 at 11:34 PM

(Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. Time has been flying. Yesterday I looked to see when the last time I posted was, thinking it was only 2 days. I was way off.)

Ivy~
"That makes sense," I say. Tori and others who had been born before the apocalypse were used to this. This was their life. They knew how to survive easily in this environment with or without people. "You could think of it as being selfish or you could think of it as something else." I look over at Tori. "I like to think we all have a purpose. Everything happens for a reason. You want to be free. Maybe your desire to be free will lead you to doing something important." I wasn't sure if that sounded dumb, it probably did. I wanted to say it anyway. I didn't think Tori would make fun of me for saying something stupid. I hoped she didn't. She seemed like a nice girl. I look up in the trees after hearing them rustle above me. I saw a figure perched on a branch. Was it a shadow? I grip the hilt of my dagger. A shadow would have attacked us by now... Wouldn't it? "Is anyone there?" I call, quietly.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 21 October 2019 at 12:12 PM

Serafina tightens her grip on the branch and leans more into the shadows. She hears a crack come from the branch and she scrambles to grab another one. She didn't make it in time and fell out of the tree, landing behind the two girls.

Jean nods. "I'm fine with that." He says.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 27 October 2019 at 10:00 PM

Ivy~
I swirl around when the figure lands behind me. I stare at her in shock. It was another human? They were falling out of trees now. I can't believe I'd seen 3 humans already. I wondered if I was going to see more. I look up at the trees. I didn't see anything else up there. Maybe they'd come digging from underground. Who knew? I hold my hand out for the girl who'd fallen and smile. I wasn't sure if she was mean or evil, but she'd just fallen out a tree, and I felt obliged to help. "Are you okay? Who are you?"

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 28 October 2019 at 1:29 PM

"Uh... I'm fine..." Serafina didn't take the hand of the girl. She felt a little guilty that she had been eavesdropping. She scooted backwards, away from them and sat up. "I'm Serafina... Who are you guys?" She asked nervously.